April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this would calm the redness and sensitivity of my skin from the winter weather.

pros: it is very cooling,so I can see why it would be nice to have on an airplane or at work to freshen up your face and cool your eyes

cons: dries skin out, the can is HUGE which means its not portable at all, and cap is screwwy and won't stay on, and its quite pricey. i will probably just buy some cheaper evian

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmm...this is just water so it seems ridiculous that I;m paying 6-7 on a bottle of water. However, there is something about this thermal water that makes it work some wonders to the skin. I sometimes use the spray on my face in the mornings and afternoons when my skin is red, irritated or extremely dry and it really does lessen the redness and hydrate the skin a bit.
I also use the thermal water to spray directly onto the pimples that I have picked and it stops the bleeding a tiny bit and soothes the area.
I think it would be an excllent pick me up in the summer too, so based on these reasons, I will be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kriz77

What can I say? This has got to be the most important thing in my daily regime. In tropics, this has got to be one thing to be brought along everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sparkleshimmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! And only like 14 bucks.
I had a really bad reaction to something over the summer and my face, chest, and arms were in really awful shape.
Lasted weeks and I thought my face would scar for sure as it looked like I went through a chemical peel. Was super dry and no matter how much water I drank, how much I moisturized, how many flax-seed oil sups I took....I could not get moisture into my skin.

I tried so many different products, including a hydrocortisone cream rec'd. by a Mac mua. Didn't work.

This stuff seemed to help balance the ph or whatever was off and my face started healing. It was so dis-colored in areas because of all the new skin and within a week of use everything was leveling out. No scarring, except right under my chin.

If you have sensitive or dry skin, maybe this could work for you too.

I want to try the mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I paid NZD$26 for a bottle of water...crazy I know but I would repurchase. I love this because it's so cooling and soothing for my skin on a hot day. I have sensitive skin and I don't tolerate the heat well so I love to spray this on in summer. The water comes out in a very fine mist which feels great on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by loveisastranger

i bought this thermal water along with avene's cleanance soapless gel cleanser last week. at this point i can say that i'm enjoying it (if not a little too much, considering the price). i use it as a toner after cleansing because it's difficult for me to find an effective toner. it hasn't done anything remarkable for me but it does help me spread my moisturizer on a lot easier, therefore i can use a lot less of it.
if my skin hasn't made a remarkable difference when i'm done my 300ml bottle then i won't be purchasing it again until the summetime (when i think it'd be quite the treat if shoved if the freezer for awhile before you leave the house)

also i'm considering just pouring a 400ml bottle of Fiji spring water in a spray bottle, adding some concentrace (minerals found in water), turning the nozzle on to a light mist and using that. i won't have the pretty container or the aeresol mist but i'm convinced it might work the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice for sunburn or inflamed skin. I like to use it as a toner because my skin is sensitive and can't tolerate most toners. My only problem is the price!! so expensive for water!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by perfumeelisabet

this is water. w-a-t-e-r. nothing else.

people who use this are brainwashed. And i guess im one of them. Haha, but seriosly if you have not got that much money, i dont really recomment it, but for people who dont know what to do there money go ahead.

no but the reason why i buy it, is because of the bottle, it feels soo good to spray water on your skin like this.

I gave it 5 stars, because i like it, it has no side effect (obviosly, really) but it's not magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

Oh my...i've been using this for years and totally in love with it.
belive me ive tried other brands thermal water including La Roche, Vichy,NOV,Uriage...blahblah..but Avene is the one that i always come back for.i use this right after i clean my face, before toning, and this stuff instantly smooth irritation that i introduce to my skin. i use it after i shave, or rashes here and there. this isn't a hydrating toner so don't expect this to hydrate, plus it wont even penetrate ur skin. but, it is presevative free! definately repurchase and make sure i never run out of supply

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by apk2

Got this as a package deal with the skin recovery cream for $23 at shoppers drug mart. It's really working well with my skin when used with the skin recovery cream and it feels so good too! I know it's just water in a bottle, but i sometimes get skin irritation on my face and that makes it look red and acne-like. But this with the cream makes the redness almost completely disappear. Itching? What itching? Avene products has made my itching skin a thing of the past and I love them so much!

Although I'm not sure if this is worth buying over and over again, as I've only been using it for a few days now, I will update later on to see if it really is a HG product.

I haven't used it as a makeup setter yet and I don't intend to because smashbox foundation already does a hell of a good job at making me look so darn awesome without anything else.