December 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by streeetdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall a great find! I used to use the Shu Uemura Depsea Water Sprays to revive my skin during the day and/or set my makeup, but it got a bit too pricey for my liking. Now that I've discovered Avene's Thermal Spring Water Spray - there's definitely no going back :) I love the air-tight packaging complete with a nozzle spray because I'm kind of a germ freak. I can use it to set my makeup (instantly takes away the 'mask' look and makes makeup more dewy and 'real') and to replenish skin moisture levels during the daytime - especially useful if you're working in an air-conditioned environment. Recently on a trip to Malaysia, there was no clean water and I was sweating like mad and was so sticky. Luckily I had my can of mist with me and spritzed all over my face/neck areas liberally then patted dry with tissues. Definitely saved me from a case of sweat rashes forming - yes my skin is that sensitive! For us ladies with temperamental sensitive skin, which reddens whenever it wants to for no reason, this is a great go-to product to instantly calm and soothe. After spritzing - touch your skin. It feels more supple and hydrated. Using this product over time increased my skin's elasticity - it wasn't this firm a couple of months ago. That's a plus! It's choc full of minerals too - I've only got good things to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

This is the first Avene product that I got. I loved it so much that I got a back up. Good for razor burns, irritated skin, using it as a fix plus, and as a toner. Because it's just water, I do feel that it's a bit pricey. BUT, I do think it has great moisturizing effect. I rather use this than a real toner or moisturizer because it is absolutely gentle on my skin. However, I do think my Rose Water from New Leaf works just as well. I will repurchase this again if I have extra money to spare. If not, I rather stick with my Rose Water that works just as great but a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I do have oily skin. So even though I have heard about how people use MAC Fix to get rid of that cakey face, but i would be too worry it might break me out. I decided to try avene thermal water because after all, i do need something to help with my mineral makeup. I use this to set my mmu, or to apply my mmu when i need more cover. Both been working out pretty good so far. Though I don't know if using this thermal water has actually improve my skin condition over all as I still have lil pimples here and there.. sometime. I would most likely repurchase if i ever run out :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After splashing £25 on an Avène moisturiser, an Avène scrub and these, I find it very ironic that the £2 of that sum that went towards the two little bottles of this stuff (Boots had them on BOGOF) was the best spent money of the Avène spree by some margin.

It's clearly not a miracle worker and while I'm sure the use of spring water instead of, for example, filtered tap water, does have its benefits, I'm not convinced they're quite as numerous as the brand would probably have us believe. But this stuff does exactly what it claims it will. It's beautifully refreshing. It soothes dry, red, itchy skin. It revives tired skin and makes it look all dewy and fresh. It 'de-mask-ifies' foundation and helps it to set a little (although this must be done from a distance or it will just run into a splodgy giraffelike mess - and I don't suppose it would do much to a cheap foundation other than melt it).

Above all it's just fun to use and great for people like me who can't keep their extremities still for more than about 45 seconds. As much as my poor Law teacher is probably driven nuts by my constant whipping out of this stuff to mist it noisily on my face/forearms/chest/best friends' faces or backs... I'm sure he prefers it to the alternative which is constant hair-brushing, thinking aloud at length, the chewing of gum and (his) pens, or scribbling fruity messages on the tables.

I suppose when you think about it, paying that much for a little aerosol of water that will last no more than a fortnight at most if used regularly isn't all that frugal, or sensible, but I think I'm just about still un-old enough to warrant the waste. I'll put off being sensible until I leave full time education.

11 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Avene's thermal water. It's the best! I've tried Evian's, and LRP, but I like Avene's the best. It's the best stuff to set makeup with. I've bought quite a few cans over the years and it's a staple for me. I like it so much that I've used it consistently for the four years. Would definitely recommend it for those looking for a thermal water/spray to set their make-up, or apply for it's soothing properties after a mask. It's also great on dry, itchy irritated skin. It helps calm down any inflammation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

just underpressure water.....I think I ve tried enough stuff to stop beliveing in miraculous products, but, without being pessimistic, this is sparkling water.And, because of that, in my opinion is way overpriced.
About the product :

1. the ph is 7,5 - a bit higher ( more alkaline) than the ph of normal,healty skin. I ve read that, the more alkaline the ph is, the more chances of getting a skin condition. The acid ( normal state of our skin) mantel protects the skin from bacterial and fungal infections.If the acid mantle becomes disrupted or damaged, or loses its acidity, the skin becomes more prone to damage and infection. Washing skin with soaps or detergents can cause the loss of acid mantle. Repetitive washing alters the stratum corneum and barrier functions, including skin pH. Once damaged, it can take up to 14 hours to restore, by which time, it’s most likely under assault again from another washing. Single washings shift pH to the alkaline region, which can shift back to normal within a few hours. Conclusion 1 : my dissrupt the skin s natural protective barrier. Might not be good for healty skin, definetly not good for any skin condition.
2. rich in sillicate and trace elements : just google it , and u ll find out that sillca makes skin dry... Conclusion nr 2 : not good for dry skin
3.the indication for dermatological use ( listed on Avene site) are , hmm, very funny, those of skin conditions in wich ( as said in medical journals) you should try to bring your skin to an acid ph, not spray on some alkaline water.
4. soothens, calms , softens the skin------my question: how? Didn t feel like those objectives were reached on my skin.
5. ppl say : good to fix make-up! Huh?? After spending 30 minutes on conturing and the rest of it u spray water all over to melt it? Lol, that has to be funny.

Wont buy this again. Doesn’t worth it.

10 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!
I use it EVERYDAY
And it lasts AGES.
Good for fixing makeup.
Good for refreshing face.
Good for after mosturising face.
Good after acne treatment.
Good for anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i use it as a toner most of the time, and other time i made mask using this spring water. it is a great product and the price is reasonable. you should always have one in summer. will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think it's a good product, very soothing and easy to use. but i don't find it's very useful. i bought this about 5 months ago, only used it for several times. i think it would be good for people who have dry skin and don't use foundation often. i just didn't find it useful at all for me, even in the winter!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by erika_let

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way over-priced, IMO. I used Retin-A back as a teenager and have suffered having red skin every time I'm out in the sun. And I'm talking about 5-min exposure here. Seems to work for lots of MUAers here, but sadly not for me. Perhaps this is purely for sensitive, not sensitized skin like mine.