October 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette, and I use it every day. The only color I don't use is the black (I'm in my fifties and it's too harsh). I use the light sparkly color on the inner corners, and all the other colors on the lid at different times. I will definitely buy this again when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese. IF I FORGOT ALL MY MU ON BIZ TRAVEL, THIS WOULD BE THE ONE EMERGENCY PALETTE I WOULD BUY! I just took an unplanned business trip based on 4 hour notice to my flight, so did some ultimate last min packing. Funnily enough, I packed all my makeup and forgot jammies. :D But it gave me something to think about...

How I would use it and in this order left to right (all colors!):
Foxy #2 - overall matte shade for my warm toned skin
Naked2 #4 - eye crease (and later nose contour)
Faint #5 - outer corner
W.O.S. #3 - center or inner lid
Venus #1 - brow and inner corner highlight, swipe on bottom eye rim
Crave #6 - winged eyeliner
Faint #5/Crave #6 - brows

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this palette. I really like wearing neutral colors, especially for an every day look such as going to work. I'm a nurse so I can't be wearing shimmers or shiny make up so having this neutral palette is pretty awesome. They blend in well together and I really like the size. It's smaller than my iPhone 4 so it makes travelling handy. The colors are also good for blending and even though some people may complain that you can't really see the colors, I find it helps cover the veins on my lids if I decide not to wear anything that day but just want to even out the lid skin. I'd repurchase it if by the time I finish using the palette, it would still be available :P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

This is the best palette for daily use, The mattes are easy to blend and the highlighter is to die for. The price is great in comparison to the naked 1 and naked 2 palettes. Should definitely be in every girl's makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had seen this at the store but not really looked closely at it...then urban decay was having a 20% off sale, so I bought it. When I opened it and looked at it, I thought, "boring, flat, gonna be chalky looking...why did I buy this". Well, I decided to go ahead and put some on...and still was thinking it was boring and kind of flat.....but, once I added one of my colorful shadows in the crease, and began playing with the whole look....it was awesome! It looked creamy, not matte or flat like I thought, and really added alot to the overall look of my eyes. Being older, I will use some shimmer but need mattes-but with alot of matte colors, they look dry, chalky, and end up making me look even older...... so if you are looking for creamy mattes that don't do that, this is a must for all of us mature women!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hollygkb

Great colors! My only complaint is they're a little messy but I overlook that because you're getting great neutral colors packaged together!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Mimize

This palette is perfect ! The colors are creamy and beautiful. You can use this palette with basically any other palette to balance the shimmer eyeshadows. A must have !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by crysta656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really LOVE the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I was having a really hard time choosing between all the Naked palettes as I have a really hard time wearing shimmer shadows and really like matte shades as they look more natural on me. So, I bought the palette and I'm so happy I did.
The colours are really amazing and super blendable. The formulation itself is a dream, so nice and creamy. All of the colours were flattering, create that perfect natural no makeup/makeup look and I was even able to use Faint as my brow powder (cha ching) as it matched perfectly!!
The only bad thing (well two bad things) that I have to say about the products is the packaging and lack of a brush.
While I love the size of the palette (perfect for travel), I can't stand how it opens and closes. It could just me the palette I got, but it's a pain in the rear to open and close. I mean, it's like, breaking fingernails hard to open which is really annoying.
The other thing that would be nice in the palette is a brush. Both the Naked and Naked 2 come with a brush and since this palette is amazing for travel, a miniature brush similar to the one in Naked 2 would have been a dream.
All in all, I really do love this palette and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this to add to my Urban Decay naked palette collection, and appreciated that there were more neutral mattes to mix and match with colors I already owned. However, I find that I use this for travel a lot, as the case is small and perfect to slip in my bag. I also don't mix and match with my other palettes a lot, just use this as a daily soft, neutral look that compliments my pale skin and green eyes and is great for work. The shadows are pigmented and buttery, and with the primer potion underneath they last all day. These aren't your typical exciting sparkling UD colors, but more a grown up version of them. Would definitely repurchase, but this will last for a long time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great matte palette. Highly recommend or "mature eyes". Excellent quality with no sparkles!