Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My most used palette! So pigmented and yet still beautifully matte! Staple in my daily makeup routine. I watched YouTube videos on how to get great day and night looks . Very versatile

on 5/10/2013 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These aren't terrible shadows - they're very pigmented and true-to-pan, and the blending was fine. However, the shades are so easily dupeable, it's ridiculous. I mean, how hard is it to find a basic matte ecru shadow? Yet UD thought we needed two of them in this palette. I'm fair, and both the yellow and pink toned matte ecrus look identical on me. This is quite expensive for what it is, and you don't need to spend this kind of money to get the looks that this palette produces.

The packaging is a bit tough to open, and the shadows have crazy fallout when I blend them. I got this as a gift, otherwise I would've returned it.

on 5/9/2013 4:56:00 PM

This product is so-so in my opinion. I personally don't think it's worth $27 but I love both of the naked palettes so I bought this because its from the naked line. But I definitely expected it to be better. I love the shimmery highlight color called Venus. And I love the light brown color called naked 2. But I wish they would have included a better darker brown than faint. To me that shade is useless FOR THIS PALETTE. And I don't know why they included 3 highlights. I would have liked to have seen them include maybe virgin or sidecar instead of foxy (which is in the naked 2 palette). I think they should've chosen EITHER walk of shame or foxy. Not both. To me this palette would be more versatile, easy, and better for everyday use if they would've included 1 shimmery highlight, 1 matte lid color, 1 light crease color, and two darker crease colors. And lose the black.

I am in LOVE with this palette! It is a perfect palette for traveling, I compared it to the size of my iPhone and it is even smaller than the iPhone so it is definitely travel friendly! It is also perfect for everyday, I am in love with this palette as you can tell already lol, it has 5 matte shades and 1 shimmery shade! They are all beautiful and blend so easily, it's perf! I recommend this to everyone, not good if you dislike matte shades!

on 5/3/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love love love it. It is simply the perfect neutral matte palette. UD is known for awe-mazing eyeshadows and they don't disappoint with this. Silky smooth application and perfectly pigmented. It.just.works!
EDIT 1.6.2014 So after all of THAT review, this palette has languished in my mu collection and I'm not as excited about it as I once was and I now use it solely for my eyebrows. I would now NOT re-purchase it if I lost/ran out.

on 4/28/2013 11:33:00 PM

I love this palette! I like that it is mostly matte, except for one highlight colour. It's my go-to travel palette, because it has all the shadows I would need. The packaging does get really dirty though.

on 4/28/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The shades in this pallette are great quality, totally wearable for every single day, and that makes it a must have for me. However, my one problem with it is the packaging. I bought this from Sephora, took it home, opened it up, and the black shadow had cracked and spilled everywhere because the pan had popped right out. I returned it immediately and got a replacement that upon quick inspection looked fine. When I went to use it for the first time, I saw that the pan of one shadow was loose, like it wasn't glued in properly and was at risk of coming out. Seeing as this has happened twice I must infer that the packaging on this pallette is for some reason not very good quality. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if this was dropped - shadows would crack and pop right out of their pans, I'm sure. Urban Decay needs to work on that before I'll buy it again.

on 4/28/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I love the range of colours that's in it. Great for neutral to smokey look. The pans are similar to the Naked palette. I'm from Singapore and it cost me S$42/US$34.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really love this palette. I bought it as I only recently started getting really into make up, and it is perfect for beginners. I find the colours really easy to wear every day, and the darker shades are perfect for making an awesome smoky eye for night time.
My eye make up stays in place pretty much all day with this product, so it is definitely worth the price tag, as I found I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. Love it and would definitely buy again.

on 4/26/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just love this palette! As i,m 50+ i don,t like shimmering eyeshadow because it looks horrible on older skin and just draws the attention to all lines and wrinkles wich i don,t even have that many ,These shades are perfect for creating a natural or more heavy look.They blend well and with the UD primer underneath the colors do not fade.Not even the slightest bit/

I just wish that UD made more palettes in matte shades as i love the quality!

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products