Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/14/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Such a nifty little palette. I have hardly reached for my faithful naked 2 since purchasing this. Great colors, especially for hooded eyes!

Packaging is ideal for traveling which is a plus. My only problem is that it is tricky to open and as a result my fingernail has dug into the naked 2 a few times which is a waste of product.

But seriously it is a great little buy!

Love this palette! It is such a great palette for everyday eyeshadow looks. It is so universal and you can create a light look for day and darken it up later for a smokey night look. It has beautiful colors for highlighting and different shades to highlight different eye areas. I am so glad I picked up this palette. Seriously the best product I have ever chose to buy!

on 6/12/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this palette! Colours have very good pigmentation,and suit all skin tones. I bought this product for £20 and for what you get it is really good for your money. I would recommend this to everyone there are so many looks you can create with this product. All shades are matte except venus which is a great highlighter for the brow bone. It comes in very neat packaging which is perfect for on the go.

on 6/9/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let me just start off by saying, this is my ultimate holy grail palette! I'm definitely a neutrals girl so this palette was just heavenly for me right off the get-go. I loooove all the colors, particularly Naked2 - I think it's possibly my favourite eyeshadow ever. It's an adorable little palette with a neat rubberized texture and a nice big mirror inside. I don't find it at all hard to open, I think other reviewers may be being a tad dramatic just for the sake of having something to criticize. I actually like that it's "hard to open" because that means it's sure not to break open if you're travelling with it. I honestly have zero complaints, I love neutral mattes so this palette is an absolute dream for me.

on 6/7/2013 6:33:00 AM

This is a great palette for an everyday neutral look. The colors are very pigmented, they hold forever and blend well. The only thing is that the three lighter shades are somewhat similar, I would have liked to have a gold instead of a pinkish-white. Also, the case is hard to open and I chipped my nail polish twice trying to open it.
So although the quality of the shadows are amazing, UD could have hit the jackpot if they added a gold/bronze, and if the case was easier to open.
Aldo it's expensive, 32$ in Canada.

on 6/7/2013 12:04:00 AM

I fell into the trap. And bought all 3 naked pallettes. Why? cause it was on sale. But anyways. Excited to use it because I heard so many positive things and I love using neutral colors. Over the years I fell in love with urban decays eye shadows because they are vibrant, last long, glitter, shimmer, matte, you name it - they have it.

The packaging is very nice. Matte rubber feel to it and it looks easy to clean. It is a little difficult to open but when you do open it, it has a large mirror. It is very travel friendly, you can read about how slim in it in many reviews here. But the colors just wasn't for me.

Venus (off white shimmer)
Foxy (matte beige/yellow)
Walk of Shame (matte pink/beige)
Naked 2 (light taupe)
Faint (matte brown)
Crave (matte black)

They colors look beautiful. As a pallette is sooo nice. I really wanted to love the buttery smooth shadows (sorry I made it sound like food) but they just didn't work out. I'm Asian nw30; venus, foxy and w.o.s. hardly show on my skin. In addition, I have found it absolutely useless to have 3 light shades. I prefer darker colors on my lid so that it gives my eyes more depth and appear bigger. I love naked 2 and faint. And crave...well I'm sure everyone has a black matte shadow. But being that I will only be using 2/6 colors maybe 3/3, it just isn't efficient enough for me. So sad that its going back to sephora.

on 5/26/2013 11:34:00 PM

LOVE IT! It has all the colors I need for any look and it is so much more worth it than buying the whole palette since I love matte colors! It was pricey in general, but worth the price! Love the packaging! Great stuff!

on 5/23/2013 2:50:00 PM

Love this palette. WOS and Naked2 are the best colors, ever. Just perfect. My only negative is that the actual palette is hard to open.

on 5/23/2013 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I saw the Naked Basics palette at Sephora many times and everytime I was thinking "Nah... not my colours...". After dabbling a bit with cheaper palettes, like the Catrice Absolute Nude one, I finally just relented to the pull of Urban Decay and bought the Naked Basics palette. Ofcourse this was decided by me after Sephora pulled all their Dutch stores, so I had to order it through Beautybay. About the palette itself now! I'm over 30 with some fine lines around my eyes, so the glittery look just looks 'she-tried-too-hard' on me. This has the perfect matte shades to make a natural made-up look for everyday. Although the colours looked like they weren't really for me, surprisingly they do! It's fairly easy to use, I got the look right the first time, which is a feat as I'm not really that good with eyeshadow. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because I find the blendability left somewhat to be desired. If not carefull it can end up al murky, which is not a good look on anyone ;). Too be honest, it deserves 4,5 lippies.

on 5/20/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I really loved this palette at the beginning but now I’m undecided. The colours are a good accompaniment for my naked 1 and 2 but are also lovely to use by themselves. However, I tried them on a friend who has black hair, blue eyes and very pale skin and they totally washed her out. I mean, they barely showed up. I don’t think naked basics flatters every skin tone/eye colour. My main problem is that ‘faint’ and ‘crave’ broke while travelling. I thought the palette was durable enough to carry in my handbag everyday but boy was I wrong. The two shadows that broke managed to escape where the hinge meets and the inside of my bag and its contents were covered in a brown/black powder. I’m very disappointed as these were two of my favourite colours.

Popular Palettes

NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products