January 26, 2015 | 2115 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This palette is exactly what the name says: basics. I like it and find myself using it quite often, but there are pros and cons.
PROS
- like most UD shadows, these are lovely to work with. Blendable, long lasting (I use a primer, but even the times I haven't these shadows have stood up well), and nicely pigmented
- unlike a lot of matte shadows, these aren't at all chalky. So that's a big +
- the packaging is nice - compact and small, closes tightly so it's a great palette to take with you, especially if you want to change from a day look to a night one since it has some deeper shades.

CONS
- I think this palette probably wouldn't work well for those with darker skin. The shades work well for me (although two of the lighter shades are a bit too similar for such a small palette imo) but I am fair to medium in skin tone. The two deeper shades (faint and crave) would probably work great for anyone, but the three lighter shades might not show up as different on darker skinned users. Just FYI
- Fallout like crazy when applying these shadows. It's worth it, but just a warning.

I said that I would repurchase because I do like this palette and use it several times a week, but honestly by the time I hit pan on this (if I ever do - they are pretty pigmented!) I will probably try a new neutrals palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by leenyweeny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

My first proper eyeshadow pallette! I was skeptical of getting the naked pallettes as i prefer buying single eyeshadows that I really use. The shadows are well pigmented and easy to blend. Packaging is cute and sleek with a mirror that fits both of your eyes while you're using it. I only wish it comes with a tiny brush that will make it perfect for travelling

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Lorebels1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At 51 with hooded eyes I stick to matte products which seem harder to find these days. Everything seems to have some glimmer or sparkle to it and that just highlights my eyelids in the wrong way. Not only are these beautiful base colors that can be used by all complexions (I'm blonde with fair skin and my daughter is brunette with a light tan skin tone), they are well pigmented and go on easily with a light touch. I think it is a bit expensive but it is worth it for the quality of the shadow. It works well as a shadow and wet it makes an excellent liner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best matte shadow product on the planet.

Love this shadow combination. It is your primary infrastructure to your eyes. Hence, the name is Naked Basics. You can create simple, or elegant or dramatic or classic or powerful eyes or truly any style you want with this essential primary base. If you are in your 40s looking for no shimmer or sparkle and a shadow that will enhance your eyes this is IT!!!! You do not need to be a talented make up artist to create beautiful eyes. There are no sparkles or any inappropriate glitter that would detract from the eye. A true to form matte finish that lasts.

PROS:
Lasting Power
Buttery soft texture blends beautifully on my lids
Does not leave creases. (I have hooded eyes I know crease issues)
Colors work for any skin tone Cool, Warm, Dark, Light, .. works!!!!
I use this as an eyeliner that is how great it works.
I got mine for $15.00 a steal as a singe UD shadow is $18

CONS
Tiny! This is a small compact not like NAKED2
I wish there were more colors... I know this is their basic pack but even one shimmer copper would be wonderful...Okay I am asking too much\.

Will I buy this again? Heck YES! And I have already bought.....

Suspect
Chopper
Tease (this was one too much like faint)
Hijack (daughter just stole this from me as she loves it)
Shattered

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Riotrachael

I absolutely love this palette. I bought the naked 2 palette and was quite disappointed in the lack of matte colours so I purchased this palette and instantly fell in love with it I basically use it every day in one way or another. I was surprised by the size but to be honest it's great to carry around or travel with it. I very rarely reach for any of my other neutral palettes now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Nzchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette is much smaller than I expected but I love it all the same. I recently received it as a gift from hawaii and I love it. The packaging is cute and the shades are really nice and neutral. One downside: there is no brush inluded.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by stls

I'm a bit confused about this palette.
Are the eyeshadows good quality? Yes.
Are they wearable? Yes.
Is it travel friendly? Yes.
Is it a good deal considering the price and the amount of product? Yes.

The thing is... which of us doesn't have a satin off white like Venus? Or a matte black like Crave? A neutral brown like Faint? And W.O.S. looks exactly like painterly. Naked 2 is a cooler Wedge and Foxy is a powder form of a lighter Soft Orche - and I already have these.
Still got the Basics palette since I like soft earthy mattes for everyday, but I could achieve the provided looks with the eyeshadows I already own - most probably won't repurchase.

Edit: up to 5 lippies and would repurchase, the texture is a pleasure to work with. Even though they tend to be a tad powdery they're also buttery smooth and soft. I use Venus for the inner corner and Foxy or WOS as browbone highlighter (I adore matte highlighters). Crave is one of the best pitch black eyeshadows for lining the upper lid and I can even use Naked 2 for my eyebrows. I prefer Faint for smokey eyes. That's it. Granted, I don't use this palette on it's own (too flat for me, I prefer satins on the lid) but it's a true workhorse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Absolutely love this palette! It has 5 matte shades with a highlighter Venus). These colours can easily transform day to night and it a great size to carry around I just wished it came with a brush!

I use Venus as a highlighter under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes. Then I would create the smokey eye effect with crave, naked and foxy. Then a day look with w.o.s and naked and possible foxy in the outer corners.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Been wanting a Naked palette for a while now, saw this lovely matte palette and bought it. I LOVE it! Absolutely beautiful colors that I think anyone can wear. Perfect for a soft but pretty day look and can be smoked out for a beautiful classy night eye. I know I will use the heck out of these pretty shades! I can't wait to get a naked palette which is next on my list for shimmery shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by osuziex

My first UD product! I was super excited to try it out and it didn't disapoint I love this product. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and they are perfect for an everyday look but I love how you can use this palette for a more dramatic look as well. The packaging is really nice and sleek, love the mirror! My favorite color would have to be Venus because it's only slightly shimmery and super flattering !