November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by vicdiz

I love this palette! I own naked 1 and 2 but I reach for this one way more often, I would even recommend it over the other palettes. The packaging is adorable and way more travel friendly. The matte colors look amazing and are really easy to blend. You can do a complete look with this for daytime or nighttime!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned mine. It is a nice palette but definitely not necessary, especially since I already have the other Nakeds and Lorac Pro. I can easily dupe the look I could get from the Basics palette with my other eyeshadows. The other thing I didn't like was that the lighter colors all looked the same on me. I would say get this if you really want it or just want to have the convenience of these shades in one palette. Otherwise, tell yourself it's ok to not buy every UD palette.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Makeupandbeautynews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colors are great, but I would honestly not use all of th colors. First color virgin is very light, I would use it for very light highlight in certain situations.
Sin ( second) is a little pink ( blueish), not working well with my skin tone.
Naked is great for blonde eyebrows.
Cidecar...a little too grey
buck is nice taupe color
Half naked is my absolutely favorite highlighter or all over
Smog is nice dark brown color I will use all the time
darkhorse - too blahh gray
Toasted is my favorite medium brown
Hustle I will use for dark brows and as dark shadow, nice coffee like color
creep too blue for me and gun metal is nice gray - blue- medium light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tralala1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette! You can do all sorts of looks with it, and it's easy to tuck in your purse for travel. And it's easy to use. Be aware, though, that not all the shades are matte -- there's one that has a wee bit of shimmer (not glittery, but definitely noticeable).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by PhilomenaY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was kind of shocking when I saw the price! I mean it has six colours which is half of the naked and naked 2 but it has no brush and mini lipgloss or mini primer yet it is more than half the price of the naked or naked 2 palette! WTH!!! I was like... Hold on a minute urban decay, what is goin on?

But then again, it is value for money I'd have to say. The packaging is really sleek and handy. easy to clean unlike the NAKED (felt) and the NAKED2 (tin which seems cheap). It is sorta rubber-ish which i love! Feels a bit like the NARS packaging but better! <3

The Naked2 and Faint can be used to fill in the brows and Crave can be used as an eyeliner and all to be used as of course, eyeshadow. So it's basically a 3-in-1 kinda product which makes it really handy for travelling and I really like the fact that it is creamy and pigmented! Highly recommend for beginners as it is neutral and easy to work with! Love this!!!

I do wish they would change foxy to something like MAC's brule though (to have a variety of a matte and a shimmery highlight)! Overall, great product! I bought it for $42 in Singapore. ($27 in US) Oh and I really wish they would provide a mini brush that was dual ended. Oh well, you can't have everything... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kendraemiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer more neutral colors for make up. This is a great palette for people with those kinds of tastes. Five of the six shadows are completely matte. The lightest shadow is a shimmer. This palette can allow for a variety of looks. Shadows are opaque and blend beautifully. Packaging is great, sleek and compact. The palette is smaller than an iphone. Urban Decay single shadows are $18 each for 0.05 oz. This palette features six 0.05 oz shadows for $27. This seems expensive but if you like these colors, it's a deal. In my opinion, it's a great palette. Well worth the money, I hope Urban Decay never discontinues it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by snp1908

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried with this, but I realize it was so pointless. I have so many other UD dupes. I'm going to take this back tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by CAMille126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of having a palette with "basic matte shades". However there are many "basic dupes" comparable to this palette. The packaging is nice and compact with a good sized mirror. However the colors are too cool for my tanned skin and it comes out really ashy or muddy looking on me. It does however complement the first two naked palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by fashionjunki09

For the price it is worth the money..but its not as "naked" as I would hope it to be..the shimmer was a little bit too much for me..but overall the colors are great for everyday use. Staying power is also quiet good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not get the hype for this. Yes, the colors blend and are pigmented....but I suppose I don't see the need for a "basics" palette when many people already own dupes of these colors or similar (if they want to admit it or not). I've got a plethora of similar shades from MAC, UD itself, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal, Too Faced and NYX which wouldn't justifiy spending money on this. It's tiny, to boot (although for travel it would work quite well). I would say for a true makeup VIRGIN this is a decent palette....for many beauty junkies I think it's an overhyped marketing scheme to persuade people into thinking they need these colors in one place. Boring, contrived, marketed towards lemmings, expensive for what it is.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No