December 19, 2014 | 1664 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the colors and the blendability of this product but they are very powdery which shocked me for the price. My other urban decay items are wonderful. Maybe i got a bad batch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I didn't think twice about buying this palette because there isn't a color that I wouldn't use. So i purchased this in January and I don't even use my NAKED 1 palette as often anymore. I have fair skin and all these colors are perfect for me.

+ Naked 2 & Faint are the perfect crease colors for my eyelids. And i mix Foxy & W.O.S. and wash my entire lids with them. I use Venus as a highlighter and sometimes dab a little only on the centre of my lids so it doesn't look so flat. I use the almost-black shadow in Crave to line my eyes everyday.

+ The packaging is really nice and compact. It holds up nicely and i travel with it almost everyday on my way to work

+ The price point of $32 CAD is pretty good, compared to if you were to buy similar shadows at MAC separately. Well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is okay, but not my favorite. It includes 5 matte shades and 1 satin shade. I have nothing against this palette as the pigmentation is great, the texture is smooth and creamy, and they're easy to blend. However, for someone like me who has multiple neutral palettes such as the naked palette, the naked 2 palette, the Lorac pro palette, etc. this palette isn't absolutely necessary and anything different from what I already own. This palette is great for traveling or just to throw in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

It's rare to find a product that delivers exactly on promise. This one does. This is a very basic, yet lovely eyeshadow palette. When I first bought it, I thought I'd use it only occasionally, because in the pan the colors look kind of drab. However, it's really the only one I actually use. The colors are great, blend really well, and are well-thought out. The black reminds me of the Tom Ford black (I used to use Mac Carbon, but it's really garbage). I usually use it to tight-line and it stays put all day. It is possible to do more out-there looks with it because of the black. If I had a comment, (and it's a small one) I wish there was a warmer mid to dark tone brown.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by CaseyChieri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palatte! I only need this and my Nars Kalahari duo and they're the only shadows I need. I use this daily. I have pretty big eyes so I don't wear as dramatic eye looks as I don't need to. This allows you to create a lovely daytime look and you can always take it with you and vamp up your eyes to create a night time look!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by vicdiz

I love this palette! I own naked 1 and 2 but I reach for this one way more often, I would even recommend it over the other palettes. The packaging is adorable and way more travel friendly. The matte colors look amazing and are really easy to blend. You can do a complete look with this for daytime or nighttime!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned mine. It is a nice palette but definitely not necessary, especially since I already have the other Nakeds and Lorac Pro. I can easily dupe the look I could get from the Basics palette with my other eyeshadows. The other thing I didn't like was that the lighter colors all looked the same on me. I would say get this if you really want it or just want to have the convenience of these shades in one palette. Otherwise, tell yourself it's ok to not buy every UD palette.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Makeupandbeautynews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colors are great, but I would honestly not use all of th colors. First color virgin is very light, I would use it for very light highlight in certain situations.
Sin ( second) is a little pink ( blueish), not working well with my skin tone.
Naked is great for blonde eyebrows.
Cidecar...a little too grey
buck is nice taupe color
Half naked is my absolutely favorite highlighter or all over
Smog is nice dark brown color I will use all the time
darkhorse - too blahh gray
Toasted is my favorite medium brown
Hustle I will use for dark brows and as dark shadow, nice coffee like color
creep too blue for me and gun metal is nice gray - blue- medium light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tralala1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette! You can do all sorts of looks with it, and it's easy to tuck in your purse for travel. And it's easy to use. Be aware, though, that not all the shades are matte -- there's one that has a wee bit of shimmer (not glittery, but definitely noticeable).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by PhilomenaY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was kind of shocking when I saw the price! I mean it has six colours which is half of the naked and naked 2 but it has no brush and mini lipgloss or mini primer yet it is more than half the price of the naked or naked 2 palette! WTH!!! I was like... Hold on a minute urban decay, what is goin on?

But then again, it is value for money I'd have to say. The packaging is really sleek and handy. easy to clean unlike the NAKED (felt) and the NAKED2 (tin which seems cheap). It is sorta rubber-ish which i love! Feels a bit like the NARS packaging but better! <3

The Naked2 and Faint can be used to fill in the brows and Crave can be used as an eyeliner and all to be used as of course, eyeshadow. So it's basically a 3-in-1 kinda product which makes it really handy for travelling and I really like the fact that it is creamy and pigmented! Highly recommend for beginners as it is neutral and easy to work with! Love this!!!

I do wish they would change foxy to something like MAC's brule though (to have a variety of a matte and a shimmery highlight)! Overall, great product! I bought it for $42 in Singapore. ($27 in US) Oh and I really wish they would provide a mini brush that was dual ended. Oh well, you can't have everything... :)