November 26, 2014 | 1865 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally love L'Oreal face products. TrueMatch and TrueMatch Lumi are two of my favorite foundations, so I figured I'd give their BB Cream a try. I mix shades N3 and W2 in the TrueMatch lines, so I picked this BB Cream up in the shade "Light". I tested it out on the back of my hand and it blended in perfectly, so I immediately assumed that I would absolutely adore it. When I applied it to my face, the coverage was light, but it gave my skin a soft airbrushed look and the texture made my skin feel so smooth and silky. The finish was even perfect, natural matte that didn't look flat or powdery. This product was quickly reaching HG status...until I realized that it was one of the worst colors I've ever seen. Almost immediately it began to turn orange. Not even a golden tan with a slightly orange undertone...flat out orange. And to make matters worse, it was turning a dark orange/brown around my cheekbones and my nose. I looked like a rotting carrot. My boyfriend caught a glimpse of me and stopped dead in his tracks. He *never* comments to my makeup, so when he frantically asked me why I was orange I knew this product was destined for the trash bin. So disappointing. I've never had a base product turn so bad so fast. Complete waste of $10 and if I could give it a 0 overall, believe me I would.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousRed

First time BB user and I chose this product. Maybe I used too much but it's a little tight and "dusty" on my skin. (I'm a very fair complexion)
No orange, no color at all really--kind of chalky but I may have used too much.
I applied with my fingers and then went over it with a cosmetic sponge.
I have very deep pores around the nose area and don't see much coverage but there aren't a lot of products that work for me in that area.
So I will give it another shot on a different day and see if anything changes.
If not, I'm gonna get my $$$ back.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by aspenrocks99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. The BB cream goes on evenly and smoothly, and has little beads that exfoliate the skin while you are rubbing it on your face. It isn't thick or heavy at all, it goes on light as a feather and feels amazing. My skin immediately looks like I just applied foundation or powder, except this BB cream looks better than any foundation or powder I have ever used. Although it says it is suppose to naturally make skin flawless, that isn't true, my freckles and blemishes are still visible. It however reduces redness and overall makes my skin smoother-looking. It doesn't leave my skin oily at all. I love this stuff! Plus it's better than the Miracle Skin Transformer which is 50 dollars. Totally amazing price at 15 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ladentelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I'm still in school and want light coverage, I'm in love with this product.
I have naturally sensitive skin, and this doesn't bother it at all. I used to use the maybelline version, but switched when I started breaking out.
I do still need something under my eyes for dark circles (but like I said, I'm a student. I don't sleep much), but other than that it's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love his stuff, for all its claims. I tend to have dry, sensitive skin, a bit oily on e forehead. This stuff is too drying for me. If I was oily all over, I know it would work great for me, but unfortunately I am too dry for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by JHBub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to use this new BB cream until I tried it on and my face became completely orange! Such a shame to waste my money on it... I think Ill just use the bare minimal to get through the pack. Apart from the colour, it feels quite nice on my skin and it isnt cakey at all which I liked. made my dry patches on my forehead flake a little but any make up does that to me. Such a shame about the colour I really wanted to like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by unfun21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff, I have oily/combo skin and I don't need to put foundation or mineral mu over it. It is light coverage, so if you have heavy spots or major flaws it might not be enough. I have sun damage and nose/mouth redness and this covers it all up perfectly. AND ALL DAY LONG! I'm not orange at the end of the day, or oily. I have almost completely abandoned my EDM minerals and feel a little sad but the Loreal BB cream is awesome. I hope it works as well for my skin in summer as it has in winter. Also wish it had SPF in it (don't think it does but I'm not 100%) but OH WELL it's still worth it for less than $10.
Try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fair skin but not the fairest. I bought this in light. It comes out white with little grainy bits. Once applied on the skin the color appears. It was so orange and felt very heavy on my skin.I don't like the feel of makeup on my skin. I have yet to find a BB cream that I like. I have probably tried 10 so far. I think I am going to give up on this trend and stick with tinted moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've bought this product several times and I'm surprised the overall rating isn't higher! It's actually a really good drugstore BB cream! As other people have said, the only thin I do not like is the "beautifying beads" (it can irritate skin) and the fact that it can pool and crust around any dry patches you may have. However, those two things aside it's a GREAT primer to even out skin! I often wear it as my foundation. Great product for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MISFIT1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is different from the traditional tinted BB creams. when I first squeezed out the product I was alarmed by the white cream that was coming out. I was instantly disappointed UNTIL i actually applied it to my face. once i started blending it in I saw that it for the most part matched my skin tone nicely. I also love the fact that the coverage of this product is a pretty decent coverage. I definitely would say that it is a medium coverage, but I wouldn't think it is very buildable. It blurred out the imperfections on my face and also blurred out the redness around my nose. you can get away without setting it with a powder, but if you wanted more coverage I would go ahead and do so. The only downside of this product is that the longevity isn't the best. I had to touch up a few times but I guess it's just due to my oily skin. overall a good product to have.

PROS: decent medium coverage
-feels very light on the skin
-a little goes a long way
-very affordable

CONS: not very buildable
-longevity of product isn't the best
-can't really use a brush or sponge with this product. best to use hands
-product spills out very easily. keep out of hot places!