October 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Talanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I began using this product about a month ago. I was looking for something that wouldn't clog my pores and that would leave an effortless finish for someone on-the-go like me. I am so pleased with this BB Cream. It matches my medium skin tone perfectly, which is usually impossible for me with drugstore brands. It's perfect for all over coverage during the daytime as well as night. I often pair it with another product to reflect light on areas such as cheekbones and around my eyes. This BB Cream has replaced my usual foundation which was harsh on my skin and made me look overdone when simplicity was my attempt. Very pleased!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by rkaybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually totally hate BB creams. I have extremely oily skin and tried the Garnier BB (yikes- oily skinned ladies beware) so since then I have avoided them like the plague. I recently decided I wanted to try a little more natural look and my friend recommended this. I self tan, so my face is lighter than my body so I chose the medium shade. The packaging is cool, the color change thing is different, and I thought I may like it.

HOLY HELL OXIDATION. I've been sitting here at work looking in my front facing camera and I try to deny it but I am lookin orange! I also look a little patchy and discolored in general; not a fan.

Another problem I faced, I read everywhere that BB creams applied by hand are super streaky so I tried my makeup sponge and the color would NOT go from white to skin tone until I used my hands.

The one good thing I can say is - I've had this on for 6 hours now and my face isn't oily at ALL! I put a tiny swipe of tarte amazonian clay finishing powder over my nose and forehead but that's it and my face has stayed shine free so far! Sadly that is the only good I can give this, maybe I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens oxidation wise, but it's lookin pretty bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I bought this in the shade Fair. I love that it transforms to your skin colour. It dries down to a matte finish and didn't leave me feeling greasy. I will repurchace. I'm a bit disappointed that it has no spf in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried several BB creams, both foreign and domestic, and, by far, I think this is the tube of stuff I'll be reaching for everytime. Granted, I wish there was some SPF involved here, but I'm ready to forgive for because of 5 things: 1) I already have SPF in my face lotion; 2) Creates a perfect shade--this purple-gray liquid creates the perfect color for me, and this is usually the biggest problem for those who want to wear BB creams. I wear DEEP, btw; 3) Good coverage--goes on easy, evens out my skin without looking made up; 4) Oil control--WTF! How the heck does this product hold back the oil slick for hours when I only applied about a centimeter of the product over my whole face?!?; and 5) Lightweight--my face feels clean and under control. This would've been 5 lippies but no SPF so I took off one lippie. Good job, L'Oreal! I finally found a BB cream that took the worry out of wondering if it will work or not.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to buy a BB cream so that I could have glowing, radiant skin. This definitely isn't the product for that. When I apply it on my bare skin,, it does really even out my skin tone and blur imperfections like it is supposed to, but it leaves my skin so matte and dull looking without any glow to it. It also leaves my face with this weird, dry, sticky feel. Putting on a rich moisturizer beforehand helped a little bit with this issue… But I still don't like it enough to use it on a regular basis.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

After trying this out a few times....my skin looked really dull & lifeless. I have mild redness around my nose and uneven skin tone which this did even out but my skin looked flat and just simply dull. Nc25 matched the Light shade perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially, I liked this very much. I loved the coverage and the 'magical' way the beads adjusted to my skintone. I was left with a satin finish and contemplated buying a backup tube as it was on sale at Rite Aid. Then at around Day Three of wearing it I noticed my face was much more sensitive to the touch, felt tight and hot, and I was flushing much more easily than usual. Day Four I tried one last time to wear this 'bb cream' as a way to test if that was the problem and couldn't even put it on, I felt like my face was on fire. So I definitely had a reaction to this (nothing else in my routine had changed). Now, I understand YMMV when it comes to foundations as everyone's skin is NOT the same, but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in, in case I can save someone else's sensitive skin some pain. I would not repurchase, but for the finish and look of the foundation on my skin the first 2 days, this one deserves at least 3 lippies. NC20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by VintageBeauty427

This bb-cream is very good! It evens out my skin tome with out making me look cakey!
My only problems are the consistency and packaging!

Consistency: I didn't mind the tiny beads at first! But later on,I felt as if they were scratching my skin D: Fortunately,my skin is not very sensitive!

Packaging:The packaging tends to spurt out too much product! The spout should be better fitted to the runny consistency this bb-cream has! I find my self using more than I needed to!

Bottom Line-VERY nice bb-cream! You just need time to get used to the consistency!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bek72

I generally don't like transforming color anything. I bought this in fair. The level was fine and looked decent at first, but after an hour of wear, my skin looked ashen. The texture and moisturizing properties were good, but the color doesn't adjust to a flattering tone for me. I will stick to my regular foundation in the winter and tinted moisturizer in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great for daily use, as it is easy top apply, looks natural, feels natural, and is pretty long lasting. I wasn't sold on all the hype about bb creams, having tried several that had awful coverage and remained oily and didn't really dry. This one is great however. The coverage is light, but it really does improve the evenness and look of your skin. I recommend it if you prefer more lightweight feeling foundations. I really like it.