July 30, 2014 | 1458 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, I have been trying to find a drugstore alternative to my favorite Clinique tinted moisturizer which has been frustrating. I decided to try a BB cream, thinking that my very dry skin would appreciate a beauty balm since I've seen so many fantastic things about bb creams.

Here's my review: the packaging is great. It's very clean, simple squeeze tube much like what you would find at a department store. The product comes out whitish-gray...ick with granules. It's not grainy because the little granules dissolve but it's kind of scary at first. Upon application, it looked like zinc sunscreen on my fair skin. It was kind of streaky and felt very drying after about 10 minutes. After 1 hour, my skin looked flakey, cakey, and dry and a little too fair. The shade was definitely off and the rest of the day, my face felt so incredibly dry.

If you have the slightest dryness to your skin, stay away from this product. I totally wasted $10 on this crap and I have no idea how to use the rest because it is NOT going back on my face!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. I really want to like a BB cream, so I tried this. I feel like this is a tinted moisturizer. Little coverage, oily after one hour, and could not stand the feel of this on my skin,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Magic Skin Beautifier shortly after I bought the Dream Fresh BB cream that Maybelline put out (which I like quite a bit) thinking it might be better or that I might luck out and find two awesome BB creams. I probably should have known better as I rarely like anything L'Oreal sells, but I was admittedly caught up in the BB cream mania.

I'll start with the good points. First, this comes in a spiffy looking bottle. It has nice graphics, color, etc. and kinda looks like it's not a drugstore brand (ie not cheap-o looking). Well done bottle designing people. Second, matching the color was super simple. I am downright dumb when it comes to matching foundation to my skin which is why I rarely buy drugstore foundations. This has virtually no guess work involved as there are four shades. I felt pretty proud of myself for once because I finally got it right. Of course, there's a hitch. There's always a hitch.

This BB cream is in a word, awful. It is incredibly runny and not even comparable to a tinted moisturizer let alone a balm. It's also on the gritty side. The grit, I presume, are those tiny little color adjusting beads that miraculously transform themselves into the color of your skin. Miraculous or not, they're still gritty little devils. I could let that go as the grit does subside once the product is worked into the skin, but this BB cream makes me look terrible. The coverage is a bit spotty and it causes my skin to dry out and peel. I've worn this on various occasions and each time I have experienced peeling around my nose, above my eyebrows and on my cheeks. I'm not talking about peeling after I've removed it, I'm talking peeling that happens while I'm walking around with this junk on my face. I've tried applying this under different scenarios (washed faced, slightly damp with moisturizer/exfoliated face, slightly damp with moisturizer/no moisturizer, etc.) and I still look like I'm molting. My skin also continues to peel for a day or two after I wear this so I'm guessing the grit is a little too harsh for my not-so-sensitive skin.

The real source of contention for me is that every time I wear this, I get those annoying little zits. They're not the screaming, honking type of zits that totally ruin my day, but those little gross ones that pop after a lip wax - contact dermatitis. They're easily pop-able and a minor annoyance but sort of embarrassing because you're walking around thinking you look semi-hot only to glance in a mirror to see a little white, pus-filled friend on your face. The first time this happened, I chalked it up to hormones or some conspiring, evil force. After the fifth time, I know it's the product. Granted, I do have acne prone skin but the majority of my break outs are caused by hormonal nuttiness or a failure to keep up my regimen of twice a day face washing. I don't know what ingredient is causing me to break out but whatever it is, it's consistent.

For me, this BB cream just isn't worth the hassle. It's not even good as a back up or a quick run-to-the-store kind of makeup because of the peel-y skin and break outs it causes. I was tempted to try the L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator, but I think I'm done with L'Oreal products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kfyecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must admit I was a tad freaked when I applied this to my finger because it was a grayish white color but once blended it matched my skin tone perfectly. I purchased Medium and I have a light to medium skin tone with (brown) freckles. This covered up the red spots in the corners of my nose, and although I didn't need concealer, I still applied some just to play it safe. This does not cover up my freckles, but then again nothing does, but I did not notice my minimal wrinkles were diminished. I've read this oxidizes; however, I have not had this happen to me (thank goodness). I like a natural look and this makes me look natural yet made up. The only drawback is I do which there was more in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cenxo

I was skeptical about bb creams because I have such acne prone skin and acne scars to cover. I've been using it for two weeks and I can tell a huge difference in my skin. I use a dab of concealer under it and love the coverage! my acne scars look lighter and the tone and smoothness of my skin has improved and I've had hardly any bumps! definitely going to keep buying over and over! I was set in my foundation routine for years until I tried this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate everything about this product! It's not a bb cream... not worth the money. Its so liquidy, I would even say tinted moisturizer gives more coverage and it does not adapt to your skin color. Its gonna turn whatever color they made it. HORRIBLE!!! and definitely a waste of $12

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

To start a little details about my skin type. I have oily, sensitive skin with a little redness and some sun spots. This particular bb cream has been the only one that hasn't made me break out or made my face an oil slick after 30 minutes. The first time I tried this out I brought it home from work in a sample size (in the color light) they had sent to us. I was a bit hesitant seeing that it was a white milky liquid type product with tiny beads placed into it. After applying it to my face with my hands I found that when worked in, it was not the color it started. It had changed and warmed up to my actual skin tone and left a matte finish. I do have to add though that it does dry pretty quickly so getting the product to where you want it must be done at a pretty fast pace. It is one of the heavier coverage bb creams and love that. It isn't foundation coverage don't get me wrong, but for everyday use it has a nice amount of coverage to cover any redness you may have and allows your skin to show through. I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder afterwards and it does good for some time. I do have to blot every so often but with or without face products I usually have to so it's not a big deal. Overall, good product and am yet to find a better bb cream. I will still be on the lookout though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Lissy518

I don't know why many have given this bad reviews but I'm in love! It gives just the right amount of coverage for my skin. It hasn't broke me out at all which is a huge plus for me! I find myself always reaching for this. It's not heavy coverage so I wouldn't be able to use it on a bad skin day. It lasts all day and doesn't leave me oily at all. I'm an nc40 and use the medium shade for reference :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by maddey21

I have used other BB creams in the past, and this is currently my favorite. My combination skin doesn't get oily after using this, and I don't have to set it with powder after use. I was worried initially because it comes out of the tube very quickly and has a very low consistency- it's runny and more liquid than cream. I always make sure to apply it quickly because it begins to turn orange-y while you're applying! I bought the Light version and as long as I completely rub it in, it doesn't streak or turn orange at all after use. I would buy it again, unless I found an even better product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by daniiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this. I have repurchased this and i will continue to do so.

I had never tried a BB cream before, but i read somewhere that this one was the best one to use for oilier skintypes, since it mattified the skin the most. Now, I know there are people out there who have more problems with getting shiny through the day than me, however, where my skin gets oily; it gets REALLY shiny.

And does this make those areas matte completely? No. But i don't like my skin being completely matte anyway, so that's fine with me. The coverage is buildable, although it won't be a full coverage, and i do feel like it adjusts to my own skincolour! A little goes a long way too, you don't need much. I wouldn't use this without a daycream though(at least, not in wintertime); even though it will still add some glow, it just doesn't moisturize enough for those purposes (not that i expected this). But perhaps people with oily skintypes are able to use just this and nothing else.

What i love about it most is that i don't feel like i'm wearing foundation, and it doesn't look like i'm wearing foundation either.Which was one of the main reasons i wanted to try out a BB cream! It looks really natural. And what i love perhaps even more is that it doesn't break me out at ALL! My skin is very sensitive to break-outs, and it's always hard for me to find something that won't break me out. But i have been using this for at least 3 months, and there are no break-outs.

I still want to try some other BB creams, but i will keep on repurchasing this! Especially since it's one of the cheaper ones.