April 19, 2014 | 1843 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Jauny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truly amazing. I'm the kind of person that will spend money on foundations, right now I'm looking at a Chanel foundation, two Lancome ones, and an Armani one that I have used and genuinely loved. It's almost shocking to say this, but this foundation- at what, a fraction of the price of the others?- is WITHOUT A DOUBT at the level of the other foundations I know and love.

It reminds me most of the Armani foundations (Which is owned by L'Oreal), it's quite fluid and moves well and something about it lets the eye see "through" the makeup without necessarily compromising coverage (I consider this to be between light and medium coverage). The effect is quite "skin-like" and it's got the most invisible pearl to it (think Lancome Teint Miracle, only not nearly as visible IN the bottle). You can't SEE the "liquid light" as the advertisements call it, but you can start to pick it up when you look at swatches of it online with flash, a microscopic particle that adds an extremely low-level iridescence that just lights up the face very subtly.

It does "set" to a satiny finish, more matte that I expected anyways, but still has a dewiness. On my oily skin it does look quite approachable and never looks greasy, and it's easy to adjust with primers and powders. You really can't see the foundation on the skin in my opinion, you can get quite close and really not see anything there, again probably because of the thinness of the pigments and still offering a solid medium-ish coverage. I also find this to wear BRILLIANTLY on me, and I LOVE long wearing foundations, and though this doesn't claim any sort of long wear I find it to stay put incredibly well on my oily skin and not clump or cling as I touch up (blotting in my case with occasional powdering) throughout the day. I just finished a 12 hour work day and it's looking pretty good, not spectacular, but its absolutely still on and the coverage has faded only minimally.

I agree with an earlier comment that this foundation NEEDS to get PLAYED OUT. Sent to makeup artists, featured on blogs, advertised to absolute HELL because it is genuinely amazing, and again this coming from someone that is staring at 100+ dollars worth of high end foundations just a few inches away from my bottle of L'Oreal True Match Lumi. I don't venture into the drugstore for makeup very often, just personal preference, but I'm absolutely over the moon when I find something this good, it makes me SO happy. Paying for quality is something I've always done, and it just makes me so happy that now ANYONE can get something truly remarkable at L'Oreal's price point. You've done an amazing job L'Oreal!

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kbenard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for a natural look. Bought color n7-8, for 10.99 This foundation is very lightweight and in my opinion not buildable. It seems to be a step up from the tinted moisturizer or bb cream. It is supposed to be good for your skin, Idk about that but I like it enough to add to the options. It's a true match foundation so the have a large range of shades. I haven't used it with the lumi primer but with my revlon primer it stays pretty good, with some powder. After a few hours its hot really oily on my skin even with primer so I need to powder which made my pics horrendous. I Love the packaging. Not the best foundation or the worst, I am going to use it when I think a less is more approach is appropriate.

Update: I find myself reaching for this very often with it being so hot lately, the dewy look works with my overall sweaty glow lol. I love the light weight. I was using revlon whipped but this is more natural and the SPF makes it winner. But I think I need something with more yellow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I notice the shades run darker in this foundation compared to the original True Match. I am N 1-2, and I'm also NW20-25 in MAC. So it might be hard for very pale skin tones to match. I first read about this being used for fashion shows and during fashion week, so I've been waiting for it for some time. The intention of this foundation is what they call "expensive skin". Update: If this is a little too dry for my skin now, it will be hell in the winter. It seems to make my skin look dry and all the glow is gone within 20 minutes. I don't even set it with powder anymore... They should have left out the spf. It ruins foundations with a lot of potential. The best foundations all seem to have one thing in common, little to no spf in them. They can make people break out, cast a reflection on camera, and cause a more oily appearance (foundation that never sets or goes tacky).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES!! Finally, a holy grail foundation that doesn't break the bank!!

l'Oreal, This is for you: I assume you have market researchers and others who read these reviews -- You've seriously hit on a great formula that could easily reach cult classic status. Please introduce this into your permanent line and KEEP IT THERE. Add more shades. Advertise it heavily. Give it to prominent makeup artists and ask them to mention it to beauty writers. Send it to beauty bloggers and magazine editors. This is the first and only foundation I've ever experienced at drug store prices that delivers what the marketing for high-end foundations *claim to deliver,* but rarely do.

For the rest of us, here are some notes:

Formula and finish:

A little goes a LONG way. This spreads like no other formula I've used -- it's extremely fluid and distributes very evenly. And here's my favorite thing about it -- it's not really opaque, and has a light-to-medium coverage, but due to some kind of magic-fairy-dust-technologie going on here, it disguises redness, uneven texture, lines, pores, and ridges like nothing else.

I was nervous about the "lumi" quality, as the last thing I want is to look shiny , glittery, or noticably "glowy," as though I'd covered my whole face in a highlighting balm. But what this does is make my skin look genuinely like Photoshopped, near-perfect skin. Not like skin with a lot of makeup on it, just skin that has minimal flaws and a very even texture and color. It seams to scatter light out of the ridges below my eyes and in the naso-labial folds (smile lines/ridges) without looking like there's anything on my skin. It has ZERO glitter, shimmer, or anything else of the sort. It's a very subtle effect, but a very effective one.

Unlike every other foundation I've tried (EVER), this does not accentuate pores or flakey skin. It actually disguises them, and there other foundations seem to accentuate bumpy skin, this seams to make my skin texture look instantly smooth. Where I have extra redness or other discoloration, I just pat a little more of this foundation on with a fingertip, and it disappears without looking caked-on.

This works BEATUFULLY over freshly washed and moisturized skin, but it also holds up very well over serious sunscreens, almost just as beautifully.

Packaging:

There are no compromises on this stuff -- it comes in an attractive pump jar with an EXCELLENT pump mechanism that lets you pump just as much as you want. I much prefer pump foundations, as I find my skin has improved dramatically since I started being very careful about contamination and exposure to the products I put on my face. Nothing touches the foundation before it comes out of the jar, so you know that it's clean and safe.

Final Notes:

I've tried a lot of drugstore foundations, and even the ones that get rave reviews here just haven't worked on me. This one does. It's $13 give or take, and does what I thought I would have to spend $50 to get. I couldn't be more grateful that I found this. I can't recommend it highly enough.

25 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Nice foundation. Problem was.. there isnt a pale shade. the N1-2 is too dark/orangy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by njs5068

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I am tough when it comes to foundations. And as I've reached the end of my 20's, I've realized I have classic combo skin. Oily on the apples if my cheeks, middle forehead, nose, and chin. I recently bought Chanel perfection lumiere for the matte finish. I hate it. So I went to the opposite end of the spectrum and tried a "dewy finish" with L'oreal Lumi. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. It feels a little oily going on, so I only use 1 pump. It sets in less than a minute. It has light to medium coverage, so a concealer is important for tough spots. I have been using it for 2 week and have noticed a slight (not dramatic) improvement in my skin. After application, it lasts approximately 6-8 hours, but keep in mind that I DO NOT powder...I have yet to find a powder that doesn't make me break out. C5 matches my skin beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like others reviewers, I found the color selection challenging - W1-2 is way too light (would be great for the very fair-skinned gals), and W3 is just too dark. The texture was OK but not fab, I found it a little flat but still easy to blend. It did sink into pores about 5 minutes after I applied it, tho it didn't clog them or cause any breakouts. Even if I had found the perfect color, I probably wouldn't have kept it due to the pores issue. Now, I do have large pores on my t-zone, so if you don't have that issue and you can find a color that works for you, you may want to give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by panghoua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First i noticed was the PACKAGING. i am a sucker for packaging. It comes with a really good pump. At my local walmart they had sample testers which i liked and i love the fact that loreal seperated the foundation into skin tones. their was WARM (Yellow tone *i have) Cool (Pinky tone) Neutral (both). It was easier to find my shade. The shade matched perfectly. The foundation does have a lumi finish like it said. It made my skin look healthy but overall for oil control it didnt do much. I would say within 2 hours i would get oily even if i powder. I personally dont hate the foundation but for the summer i would skip this product and wait til winter to try it out again. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation goes really well! It brings a nice dewy finish to the skin! It applies really well,it goes on smoothly on the application! It last fairly long! I took w6 for my olive skintone,and it's perfect! I don't feel it on the skin as being heavy! It's a light foundation,that covers well and that brings a nice dewy finish! I got this also in n4 for a more neutral look!Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I found this to be much more bendable than the original True Match. I'm W3 nude Beige, and this was perfect. The fact that it comes with a pump is even better. However, I did get oily faster than I thought I would. No big deal, since I could just top it with powder. I'd rather wear this in the colder seasons, as it was a bit much for me in the heat.

So far, it has been the best drugstore foundation I have used yet. The coverage is buildable and it did not break me out.