August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Ok, this brush is amazing! It is by far the best brush in my collection, my pricey MAC brushes cannot hold a candle to this brush. I live in Canada, and I was disappointed that I couldn't purchase these brushes here, then one day I stumbled upon the Real Techniques brushes on iherb.com which is where I buy supplements. I was ecstatic when I saw the prices- they where so reasonable, nothing over $10 (except the brush sets) .....I purchased the Expert Face Brush because I have seen the Pixiwoo sisters use them, and liked how it blended foundation. As soon as it arrived, I tried it with foundation, and wow- it's amazing! It blends foundation so seamlessly, making it look like a second skin. I honestly would have gone out of the house without powdering or blush, because my skin looked like MY skin. Not only is this brush wonderful for foundation (liquid,creme etc...) but I also love it for powder. It applies it beautifully, blending it so well. I thought my sigma round top kabuki was the best for powder, but this one had replaced it.

It doesn't stop there. This brush is wonderful for contouring, highlighting, and blending. I have already purchased 2 more that are on the way (also picked up the blush brush) .....I wish I had purchased this brush long ago, I love MAC- but their face brushes aren't spectacular. Do not hesitate to purchase this brush. It says in the back that this brush will make your makeup look soft, even in harsh lighting- and it's true, my makeup looks soft in fluorescent lighting. I am beyond thrilled with this purchase, and it has literally replaced every face brush in my collection. I'm really kicking myself for ever purchasing a MAC face brush :( all the money I could have saved- you must try this brush!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Amazing, amazing! Reminds me a lot of the Sigmax brushes, in that it's super easy to blend foundation with, but it's just a touch less dense, which is a good thing. I found that the Sigmax brushes, especially the round top kabuki (which this one is the most similar to) is a little bit too dense and makes it feel like a sponge, almost. This still has the feeling of bristles, which can apply things a bit more sheer while still blending amazingly. I love the handle design as well, and how it stands up is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an exceptional multi-use brush at an extremely great price. Blends foundation beautifully into the skin, applies blush easily at the tops of my cheekbones, works nicely as a highlighter brush and I even use it to contour around the hairline/cheeks (I've even used it to apply a neutral wash of color to my eyelids in a pinch). I'm sure there are other brushes that are great at the uses listed above but the reason this brush is so nice is because one brush can do it all and I find it incredibly easy to use. I love this brush so much that I even bought a back-up today.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this brush... the best I have *ever* tried for foundation but it can also be used for creme blush and powder if you are in a pinch. It is dense enough that the foundation doesn't seep up into the brush and the hairs are tapered so that it blends nicely. I 100% recommend getting this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best brush ever! It's the perfect density and incredibly soft to apply liquid foundation. I actually find that I am using less foundation then I was with previous methods (ie. damp sponge, other brushes). I wash this after every use as I do use liquid foundation. I have shed like 3 hairs in the 3 weeks that I've had this brush. I think I'm a little aggressive when washing my brushes though. I've also used this brush to contour/ apply bronzer and it's also great for that. I am ordering 2 more as backups. I would be highly stressed / heartbroken if something were to happen to this brush. I would pay any price for this brush but luckily it's only $8 through iHerb.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this brush everyday to apply primer, bb cream, and cream blush. It's very soft and dense, and hasn't lost any hairs even when washing. Well made, especially for the price (around $9). Sometimes it can leave spots a bit streaky but only if you are applying too much product. I feel like you can get away with using a little less product if you're using this brush. Feels nice on my face and gives good medium-full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by StephB

Where has this brush been all my life??? I never ever would have thought about using a brush like this to apply liquid foundation. I cannot get over how quickly I can now put on my foundation and how wonderful it looks. I wish I'd have discovered this brush years ago. I get oily in my t-zone yet can also get some flaky spots from my Finacea/Differin. This brush never accentuates the flakes the way using a sponge, a flat brush or even my fingers can do. It just creates this lovely beautiful canvas (with only a tiny bit of foundation) that covers yet doesn't look heavy. I'm so impressed. I don't understand how it does what it does. I'm just glad it does what it does. I purchased MAC 188 shortly before getting this. This is so much better. I've used it with my NARS Sheer Glow and LM Silk Creme. It works with both beautifully. Because the application with this brush is faster and looks so nice, I've gone from using liquid foundation only a day or two a week and powder foundation most of the time (because of convenience) to using liquid foundation on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I really enjoy this brush. I have not used this for foundation because I feel like it's not big enough for a fast application.

However, I love this for contouring! :D It's an very effective yet super soft contouring brush! Great for blending out harsh edges/ softening the edges for a soft contoured look. I think this also will be marvelous to apply liquid/cream highlighting products.

Overall, this synthetic haired brush is very, very soft and dense. It's much softer than many natural bristled brushes and you can use cream products with this brush. The brush is built very sturdily and I don't think it'll shed any hairs anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Dear Expert face brush,
I love you!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by qtsara615

This is my absolute favorite brush because it is unlike any brush I've ever used! It is perfect for applying liquid foundation and leaves my skin with a flawless finish. It is the only brush in my collection that I find myself reaching for every single day. Since I only have good things to say, I won't repeat all the wonderful things about this brush that everyone has already stated :) ....Just get this brush! Promise you won't regret it