September 2, 2014 | 2095 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tlauren55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love!!! This brush does give a flawless finish. I used to use stippling brushes from sephora and sigma but nothing compares to how the hairs on this brush are densley packed. Always gives me a flawless finish when i apply my Hourglass TM!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely floored by the quality of this brush! I've used this for cream, liquid, and mineral/powder foundation, and for all three, this is my favorite brush to use. I am most impressed with how it works for my mineral foundation since it's not marketed to be used for such- the bristles are so densely packed that I can fill in every crevice of my face with powder to achieve a truly flawless finish. I'm ready to purchase two more of these b/c at $9 it's an absolute steal and I'm sad just thinking about the day (tho I hope it never happens) that I can no longer purchase these at this amazing price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is now my HG foundation brush (for liquid). I like a flawless finish, and this brush gives it. I tested it on half my face against the RT and MAC stippling brushes and MAC's regular foundation brush. No contest. It does use more product than the stippling brushes, but the result is worth it. Particularly at the price, this is a great way to go. Note that for TM I like the stippling brush better (see my review).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I needed another foundation brush, but this was just simply amazing. It is so soft, leaves no streaks, creates a very soft, natural finish, and allows me to use less foundation. Being able to stand up on its end is another plus, since I hate putting wet/freshly used brush heads against the table.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by aniko01

I have every on of these brushes. I love them. I probably love them more than my MACs. They are super soft, easy to clean, holds the products and great for blending. The price is reasonable. The only one that I don't really care for is the buffing brush. I would recommend it to everybody!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best foundation brush of life! I love it, I'm just thrilled about it. It's so soft and offers streak free application. No shedding thus far, hair density is perfect. I have no complaints at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Ok, this brush is amazing! It is by far the best brush in my collection, my pricey MAC brushes cannot hold a candle to this brush. I live in Canada, and I was disappointed that I couldn't purchase these brushes here, then one day I stumbled upon the Real Techniques brushes on iherb.com which is where I buy supplements. I was ecstatic when I saw the prices- they where so reasonable, nothing over $10 (except the brush sets) .....I purchased the Expert Face Brush because I have seen the Pixiwoo sisters use them, and liked how it blended foundation. As soon as it arrived, I tried it with foundation, and wow- it's amazing! It blends foundation so seamlessly, making it look like a second skin. I honestly would have gone out of the house without powdering or blush, because my skin looked like MY skin. Not only is this brush wonderful for foundation (liquid,creme etc...) but I also love it for powder. It applies it beautifully, blending it so well. I thought my sigma round top kabuki was the best for powder, but this one had replaced it.

It doesn't stop there. This brush is wonderful for contouring, highlighting, and blending. I have already purchased 2 more that are on the way (also picked up the blush brush) .....I wish I had purchased this brush long ago, I love MAC- but their face brushes aren't spectacular. Do not hesitate to purchase this brush. It says in the back that this brush will make your makeup look soft, even in harsh lighting- and it's true, my makeup looks soft in fluorescent lighting. I am beyond thrilled with this purchase, and it has literally replaced every face brush in my collection. I'm really kicking myself for ever purchasing a MAC face brush :( all the money I could have saved- you must try this brush!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Amazing, amazing! Reminds me a lot of the Sigmax brushes, in that it's super easy to blend foundation with, but it's just a touch less dense, which is a good thing. I found that the Sigmax brushes, especially the round top kabuki (which this one is the most similar to) is a little bit too dense and makes it feel like a sponge, almost. This still has the feeling of bristles, which can apply things a bit more sheer while still blending amazingly. I love the handle design as well, and how it stands up is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an exceptional multi-use brush at an extremely great price. Blends foundation beautifully into the skin, applies blush easily at the tops of my cheekbones, works nicely as a highlighter brush and I even use it to contour around the hairline/cheeks (I've even used it to apply a neutral wash of color to my eyelids in a pinch). I'm sure there are other brushes that are great at the uses listed above but the reason this brush is so nice is because one brush can do it all and I find it incredibly easy to use. I love this brush so much that I even bought a back-up today.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this brush... the best I have *ever* tried for foundation but it can also be used for creme blush and powder if you are in a pinch. It is dense enough that the foundation doesn't seep up into the brush and the hairs are tapered so that it blends nicely. I 100% recommend getting this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No