September 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why I needed this:
I wanted a foundation buffing brush in my collection. I have a mac 187, mac 189 (LE), and a no-label branded foundation brush from IMATS. The 187 is too big for liquid foundation,189 is thick and leaves streaks, and the IMATS foundation brush is so flimsy.
Price: I did not want to buy a sigmax F82 considering i had to pay for shipping and wait. The F82 is $18 + shipping...boo!
Crown Brushes now sells a similar dense synthetic round top brush called Infinity Small Round buffer for $9 + shipping. Again, i didn't want to pay shipping and wait. And there are no stores that carry Crown brushes (and i'm not waiting for IMATS).
I paid $8.99 + 20% discount promo at Ulta for this RT brush.
Product: The bristles are amazingly soft, dense and easy to clean and dries quickly. No shedding and no funky smell when it first got it. It doesn't absorb product, and because of it's roundness and softness, it's so easy to get into the nose area and eye area. The handle is very durable and it's so cute when it stands up. I reach for this brush only for foundation application. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Because of it's amazing price and performance, i'm definitely stocking up on these to give away as presents/stocking stuffers/etc when there's a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally bought this brush from Ulta, and it is probably the best brush for foundation I've ever used! Applies an airbrush finish leaving no streaks, and for this price I'm so pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow what an amazing brush! It puts some of my HE one's to shame I'm shocked at how well this brush works. I use BB Cream and I found with this only a little bit was needed to get the exact coverage I wanted. I always used to waste product with my other brushes not with this. It's amazing and you can work fast i bet it would be good for foundations that dry quickly. My skin looked flawless and there was no microdermabrasion so yay no dead skin patches showing. This brush is so soft, doesn't shed, and is easy to clean. Also your makeup will look fantastic. I am so happy with this brush and I highly recommend it. It really is that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tlauren55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love!!! This brush does give a flawless finish. I used to use stippling brushes from sephora and sigma but nothing compares to how the hairs on this brush are densley packed. Always gives me a flawless finish when i apply my Hourglass TM!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely floored by the quality of this brush! I've used this for cream, liquid, and mineral/powder foundation, and for all three, this is my favorite brush to use. I am most impressed with how it works for my mineral foundation since it's not marketed to be used for such- the bristles are so densely packed that I can fill in every crevice of my face with powder to achieve a truly flawless finish. I'm ready to purchase two more of these b/c at $9 it's an absolute steal and I'm sad just thinking about the day (tho I hope it never happens) that I can no longer purchase these at this amazing price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is now my HG foundation brush (for liquid). I like a flawless finish, and this brush gives it. I tested it on half my face against the RT and MAC stippling brushes and MAC's regular foundation brush. No contest. It does use more product than the stippling brushes, but the result is worth it. Particularly at the price, this is a great way to go. Note that for TM I like the stippling brush better (see my review).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't think I needed another foundation brush, but this was just simply amazing. It is so soft, leaves no streaks, creates a very soft, natural finish, and allows me to use less foundation. Being able to stand up on its end is another plus, since I hate putting wet/freshly used brush heads against the table.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by aniko01

I have every on of these brushes. I love them. I probably love them more than my MACs. They are super soft, easy to clean, holds the products and great for blending. The price is reasonable. The only one that I don't really care for is the buffing brush. I would recommend it to everybody!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best foundation brush of life! I love it, I'm just thrilled about it. It's so soft and offers streak free application. No shedding thus far, hair density is perfect. I have no complaints at all.