October 2, 2014 | 705 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by starbar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. I have several other foundation brushes ( Bobbi Brown, Smash Box & Stila) but this is the one that I reach for everyday. Gives a great finish, easy to clean, easily available in the UK and only 10. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Branjiebelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using this brush every single day for my foundation. I use it with Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation. I dip the brush staight into the pot, taking the tiniest amount, stippling it onto my cheeks then swirling outwards. At first the brush seemed a bit small but that's actually an advantage. The size and shape allow you to get into tricky areas like edge of your nose near your eyes, and to blend the edges of your undereye concealer with your foundation. There's no makeup on my hands, and the best airbrushed finish on my face. This brush is lovely and soft, and doesn't shed. I like that the colour stands out from the rest of my brushes, and the handle is a good size to hold for a face brush. I really can't fault this one. Makes my morning routine quicker and easier, can't ask for more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

LOVE this brush, not only for blending liquid foundation, but also concealer. It makes the foundation seem so natural and dewy, and it is really easy to apply any kind of liquid product with this brush, blending away in circular motions. I have not tried it with any cream or powder foundations, but I bet it works just as well. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, just wow...
I can't believe during my whole liquid-foundation-life, I used my fingers, sponges, and a flat brush. The results are just not the same... With my fingers, it's applied a little blotchy and uneven, with a sponge it's applied too lightly, and with my flat brush, it ends up streaky and takes more time.
But with this brush, my foundation always looks like it's applied professionally! Of course it's called "Expert Face."
I have pretty dry skin now because of this weather, but the brush makes sure my foundation goes on smooth :)
The bristles are soft yet sturdy and it's easy to spot clean! I just spray alcohol onto a napkin and my brush is almost good as new!
I can't get over how it acts like a luxury department store brand, but is affordable as a drugstore brand. AMAZING...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why I needed this:
I wanted a foundation buffing brush in my collection. I have a mac 187, mac 189 (LE), and a no-label branded foundation brush from IMATS. The 187 is too big for liquid foundation,189 is thick and leaves streaks, and the IMATS foundation brush is so flimsy.
Price: I did not want to buy a sigmax F82 considering i had to pay for shipping and wait. The F82 is $18 + shipping...boo!
Crown Brushes now sells a similar dense synthetic round top brush called Infinity Small Round buffer for $9 + shipping. Again, i didn't want to pay shipping and wait. And there are no stores that carry Crown brushes (and i'm not waiting for IMATS).
I paid $8.99 + 20% discount promo at Ulta for this RT brush.
Product: The bristles are amazingly soft, dense and easy to clean and dries quickly. No shedding and no funky smell when it first got it. It doesn't absorb product, and because of it's roundness and softness, it's so easy to get into the nose area and eye area. The handle is very durable and it's so cute when it stands up. I reach for this brush only for foundation application. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Because of it's amazing price and performance, i'm definitely stocking up on these to give away as presents/stocking stuffers/etc when there's a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tehryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally bought this brush from Ulta, and it is probably the best brush for foundation I've ever used! Applies an airbrush finish leaving no streaks, and for this price I'm so pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow what an amazing brush! It puts some of my HE one's to shame I'm shocked at how well this brush works. I use BB Cream and I found with this only a little bit was needed to get the exact coverage I wanted. I always used to waste product with my other brushes not with this. It's amazing and you can work fast i bet it would be good for foundations that dry quickly. My skin looked flawless and there was no microdermabrasion so yay no dead skin patches showing. This brush is so soft, doesn't shed, and is easy to clean. Also your makeup will look fantastic. I am so happy with this brush and I highly recommend it. It really is that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Tlauren55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love!!! This brush does give a flawless finish. I used to use stippling brushes from sephora and sigma but nothing compares to how the hairs on this brush are densley packed. Always gives me a flawless finish when i apply my Hourglass TM!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely floored by the quality of this brush! I've used this for cream, liquid, and mineral/powder foundation, and for all three, this is my favorite brush to use. I am most impressed with how it works for my mineral foundation since it's not marketed to be used for such- the bristles are so densely packed that I can fill in every crevice of my face with powder to achieve a truly flawless finish. I'm ready to purchase two more of these b/c at $9 it's an absolute steal and I'm sad just thinking about the day (tho I hope it never happens) that I can no longer purchase these at this amazing price.