November 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

UHH MAZING STUFF. this is hands down wayyyyy better than all my mac brushes I have used.
This never sheds, is soft, and it makes my foundation go on my face so gracefully.
I just sweep my liquid foundation very softly with this brush towards the direction of my facial hair growth.
I find that buffing with pressure on the hands just take off the makeup.
So you have to be super lughthanded unless you have perfect skin and dont need to cover anything.
This also works well as a brush to apply bronzer and highlight.
This is the first and my only real techniques brush, I should try using other brushes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

I needed new brushes so got a MAC set of face brushes, and this foundation brush. The quality of this brush exceeds the quality of the MAC ones by far.

- THE SIZE OF THE BRUSH HEAD is quite small, but this doesn't bother me. If you want a large-headed brush, this is not for you.
- THE DENSITY/FIRMNESS OF THE BRISTLES is excellent. You couldn't ask for better.
- THE APPEARANCE/AESTHETIC OF THE WHOLE BRUSH is nice; I think it looks quite pretty and doesn't look cheap.
- THE PRICE AND QUALITY is first class. At £10, this makes me certain that I've bought a top quality product at a price that doesn't slap me in the face.

This brush blends very well and I've noticed that I need less foundation than when I use my fingers to apply - Very happy! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. I use it to buff my foundation. If there's an area of the skin where I want more coverage, I bounce (there's probably a better term to use, but I can't think of it at the moment) the brush with some of the foundation on that area. The brush is affordable and soft and dense. I find that it's really easy to clean and seems to dry faster than other brushes. I haven't experienced any shedding with this brush and I've had it for a few months. The only thing that I would change is the shape of the handle; I wish the bottom wasn't wider because I prefer to just stick all my brushes in a cup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by tstgirl

By far this is the best foundation brush I've tried and I have three of these. I am not willing to pay for really high end brushes, the most I would pay is Mac brush prices. I've tried sephora airbrush, Mac brushes and coverfx and by far, I love this the most. I usually don't like synthetic brushes because they take a while to dry compared to natural bristles but all of the RT brushes dry faster than some of my natural ones. This one doesn't scratch my skin at all. It's nice and firm. It washes easily and keeps its shape. It doesn't smell. The only thing I'm not crazy is the bottom of handle because I can't slide it in my brush roll but that's really a minor problem since I have a zip pouch. I do like the colored matte metal part of the handle though, it doesn't look cheap. Definitely buy them when they are on bogo 1/2 off at ulta, it's so much worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jet8848

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this brush to use with liquid foundation. It drinks the foundation up and I have to use more than normal. I do like it for cream blushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by BRoberts0107

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush gave my foundation a beautiful finish without bringing up flakes (I have dry skin and sometimes foundation just makes things look worse!) It's dense and soft and I am so glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by BuryMeAtTheNarsCounter

I love this brush. It's well made and very affordable. I don't like it so much for foundation. But it applies and blends cream blush like a dream.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Sam, I think she's fantastic, but once again, I'm disappointed with another of her brushes.

I brought this brush after so many amazing reviews. I used it with my Lancôme teint idole foundation, and this brush literally drank my foundation. I had to use about 4 pumps to do my face, when I normally do 1/1 and a half (with my sigma F80 brush) When I applied the brush to my face, it was so scratchy! I washed it, and now it's fine, which really surprised me, because so many reviews said it was so soft (I'm sure I had a bad one)

It washes beautifully like all the other real technique brushes, which is a massive bonus. I haven't experienced the hair falling out at all, like a few people have said, but if i do I'll do an edit.

The brush had a very slick professional design. I really like the light weight design + the brush is very dense. I'm disappointed because I can't use this with my liquid foundation as Lancôme isn't cheap and it's clear that I'm using more with this brush, but I think it will make a really good brush for applying powder to the face including contouring/highlighting and blush. My liquid foundation will be staying well clear of this thirty brush

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I won't repurchase because I think this will last me for many years but at the same time, for people whom only applies light makeup, this is not necessary. Having said that this is a good brush brand and any beginners should buy these brushes unless they can straight away afford hakuhodo brushes.

Dries fast after cleaning. Oh so soft to the skin.

Sheds a little when spot cleaned with MUFE cleanser. Could be that the cleanser is just too strong.

Use it for liquid foundation but should not be too heavy handed. Done right, airbrushed look. Too heavy handed and the foundation just gets rubbed off on the brush itself. I think this brush removes the liquid foundation more than spreading it.

Don't really think it is that good for liqiud foundation.

I use it to knock excess powder off my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LadySanSoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic brush for buffing in foundation. I use colorstay whipped foundation and the finish I get is flawless. There is no streaking or caking, just beautiful airbrushed effect. The brush is the perfect size and picks up, then deposits the product exactly as it should. I have many high end brushes, but this is my HG foundation brush.