October 21, 2014 | 1530 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by LadySanSoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic brush for buffing in foundation. I use colorstay whipped foundation and the finish I get is flawless. There is no streaking or caking, just beautiful airbrushed effect. The brush is the perfect size and picks up, then deposits the product exactly as it should. I have many high end brushes, but this is my HG foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty good and cheap brush, very very easy to clean which is such a bonus! Foundation can get a bit streaky at first with this brush, but when you work some more with it it's usually fine. I also like it for concealer on big areas

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca1234

Amazing brush -- what a different it makes in how my foundation looks. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this at Ulta....not much more to say that has not already been said. THIS BRUSH ROCKS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had this brush for two days and I have fallen in absolute love with it! After two Sigma F80 brushes falling apart on me, I can definitely say this brush is SOOOOO much better! This brush is so so so so soft! It's so much fun using it to apply my liquid foundation and concealer and it gives the BEST finish! I seriously felt like my skin looked flawless! I noticed with my Sigma brush that it soaked up a lot of product but this brush doesn't! I felt like I had a lot more coverage with this brush while I could still notice redness using the Sigma one. Even though I have only used this for two days, I can definitely say this is my HG foundation brush! I SERIOUSLY recommend this! It's cheap too! I will repurchase if I have to, but I hope this will last a long time! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Everything everyone else has said that's positive. First brush for foundation I have enjoyed using. I prefer this brush to a dampened sponge. Never thought that would happen. Planning on purchasint the blush and the powder brushes also.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by starbar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush for applying liquid foundation. I have several other foundation brushes ( Bobbi Brown, Smash Box & Stila) but this is the one that I reach for everyday. Gives a great finish, easy to clean, easily available in the UK and only 10. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Branjiebelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love using this brush every single day for my foundation. I use it with Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation. I dip the brush staight into the pot, taking the tiniest amount, stippling it onto my cheeks then swirling outwards. At first the brush seemed a bit small but that's actually an advantage. The size and shape allow you to get into tricky areas like edge of your nose near your eyes, and to blend the edges of your undereye concealer with your foundation. There's no makeup on my hands, and the best airbrushed finish on my face. This brush is lovely and soft, and doesn't shed. I like that the colour stands out from the rest of my brushes, and the handle is a good size to hold for a face brush. I really can't fault this one. Makes my morning routine quicker and easier, can't ask for more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

LOVE this brush, not only for blending liquid foundation, but also concealer. It makes the foundation seem so natural and dewy, and it is really easy to apply any kind of liquid product with this brush, blending away in circular motions. I have not tried it with any cream or powder foundations, but I bet it works just as well. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, just wow...
I can't believe during my whole liquid-foundation-life, I used my fingers, sponges, and a flat brush. The results are just not the same... With my fingers, it's applied a little blotchy and uneven, with a sponge it's applied too lightly, and with my flat brush, it ends up streaky and takes more time.
But with this brush, my foundation always looks like it's applied professionally! Of course it's called "Expert Face."
I have pretty dry skin now because of this weather, but the brush makes sure my foundation goes on smooth :)
The bristles are soft yet sturdy and it's easy to spot clean! I just spray alcohol onto a napkin and my brush is almost good as new!
I can't get over how it acts like a luxury department store brand, but is affordable as a drugstore brand. AMAZING...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why I needed this:
I wanted a foundation buffing brush in my collection. I have a mac 187, mac 189 (LE), and a no-label branded foundation brush from IMATS. The 187 is too big for liquid foundation,189 is thick and leaves streaks, and the IMATS foundation brush is so flimsy.
Price: I did not want to buy a sigmax F82 considering i had to pay for shipping and wait. The F82 is $18 + shipping...boo!
Crown Brushes now sells a similar dense synthetic round top brush called Infinity Small Round buffer for $9 + shipping. Again, i didn't want to pay shipping and wait. And there are no stores that carry Crown brushes (and i'm not waiting for IMATS).
I paid $8.99 + 20% discount promo at Ulta for this RT brush.
Product: The bristles are amazingly soft, dense and easy to clean and dries quickly. No shedding and no funky smell when it first got it. It doesn't absorb product, and because of it's roundness and softness, it's so easy to get into the nose area and eye area. The handle is very durable and it's so cute when it stands up. I reach for this brush only for foundation application. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Because of it's amazing price and performance, i'm definitely stocking up on these to give away as presents/stocking stuffers/etc when there's a sale.