August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by dipshot

Very precise product, goes on the eyes easily and without much practice. Only four lippies because it's not waterproof so I only use it on the upper eyelids. The color [black] is very sharp and bring the eyes out very well. I love the applicator because it's very accurate and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:04:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST. There is a reason why Lancome Artliners hold more than one place on Top 10. That is where they belong. Intense, solid colours, glides on like a DREAM. I almost gasped out loud when I first tried it on; the line I got was sooo perfect, and best of all lasts allllllll day and night (I even slept with it on). I have never tried any other liner that lasted sooo long on me and DID NOT SMUDGE <-- this is extremely important cos I am very oily and I absolutely destest the look of racoon eyes.

Application comes with ease- tip is fine enough for a thin line, yet flexible enough for a thick. I'll ALWAYS have one of these babies in my makeup bag.

A+++
I don't think I'll ever use anything else. Get one, you'll never look back. I don't think you can say you've tried liquid eyeliner until you do ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by xSazx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never mastered applying a liquid or gel liner in my life. But this one is fantastic to apply. The brush seems to be soft enough to glide straight over your lid but hard enough for you to have full control over it. The only issue I have with it is without eyeshadow it fades off really quickly.. but on top of eyeshadow it easily lasts all day and night.. even through the night when I sleep with it on (naughty, I know!). I do feel like there could be more product in the package for the price though, it seems to run out quite quickly with me. I would definintely reccomend it to everyone though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, girls....here is an example of "you get what you pay for"....this is NOT the cheapest liquid eyeliner on the planet, but LORD it is amazing. My eyeliner has never, ever looked so good. I like that dark Audrey Hepburn look, and I need it to last ALL day, and this is the perfect eyeliner for that! I bought it in Noir (basic black).....PERFECT. Don't think I'll ever, ever go back to anything else. HG!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Dessen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these babies in Noir and Spectrum, which is a really pretty shimmery purple with gold specks. (pic in profile). These go on great, a smooth line with litte effort. I love the chic packaging as well as its endurance. It lasts all day on me, until I remove it with water and a washcloth. I also have two L'Oreal liquid liners, and I do admit that these are practically carbon copies. Artliners are still better IMO. L'Oreals are way cheaper though, I think you can three for one artliner.

Verdict: I say get the Lancome artliners if you are able to splurge, and save on L'Oreals if you're a poor college student like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Isabella07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff based on the good reviews, but when I got it home to try out, I was disappointed that it was not easy to control (no more easier than any other liner on the market). Even the Lancome lady warned me that it takes practice to get it right, but I bought it anyway cause I was there and I was still hopeful. The only good thing about it is its nice consistency, it doesn't flake and is not watery or runny.

Save your money and buy Cover Girl Line Exact -if you are looking for an easier liquid liner to apply, it has the same style felt tip like the Lancome liner, but it is in a much smaller tube so you can wrap your fingers around it very well -makes for easy application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by christinedyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aftr reading all the rave reviews on this I was compelled to write my own review and mourn for my poor Artliner, who is now buried underneath a foot of clutter in my room. :'(
The pen shape makes this super easy to use, it's the only liquid liner that ever looked good on me. I have it in black and it's so easy to make a super thin OR a thick line. Dries quickly and the formula is semi-thick so it's easy to smudge out. I love this stuff.
I got it in my X-Mas stocking so I can't say anything about the price.
RIP ARTLINER.
maybe I'll go clean my room..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite liquid liners so far. I have a few of these, so I would obviously repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Vanessak69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a recent convert to liquid liners and it's all because of this product. I've since added MAC and Urban Decay liners to my collection, but this is still my favorite.

The applicator is very easy to use-it's not tiny and stiff like a lot of liner applicators. Once the color sets, it won't budge all day-I frequently have days where my shadow is virtually gone but my liner still looks perfect. Best of all, despite it's long staying power, if you mess up it's easy to smudge it off and fix your mistake which is HUGE. As much as I love my MAC, once that stuff dries (and it dries fast) you cannot get it to budge meaning you either have to live with it or remove all your eye makeup and start over. The Lancome also comes off easily with my eye makeup remover which is just The Body Shop's Chamomille stuff.

I have this in Blueberry, Noir (black, lest you forget Lancome is a French company) and Brown. I'm most likely going to go back and buy Smoke too. I no longer consider my makeup complete without liquid on my top lash. Seriously, you need to look into this stuff if you have been intimidated by liquid and stuck with pencils-I promise it'll be easy to apply and you'll never look back (hold on to the pencils for your bottom lash tho.) My only complaints are they don't have more colors and it's fairly pricey.

Also, according to the Cosmetics Cop books, this is almost identical to L'Oreal's Line Intensifique. I've not actually tried them yet and they only come in black and brown but once my Lancome runs out, I'll likely switch and try them since they are about 20 dollars cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lissa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very easy to apply and really stays put. I have it in brown, and it doesn't look harsh on me at all-I'm very fair and have blue eyes, for reference. I am going to get some more colors.