Lancome Artliner (All colors)

4.3

on 6/3/2008 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While I adore artliners in general... I'd buy the L'Oreal equivalent for the generic black and brown colors. They're VERY similar, and it's not worth paying 3x the price for such a similar product.

For the colors that you can't get elsewhere? (Icecarob, and various LE shades like blueberry & starshower) Artliners are the BEST. The felt tip makes application easier than any other liquid liner you've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them. I was a liquid e/l novice, and these liners taught me the basics on how to apply. It's a great starter on how-to use liquids, and the effect is amazing... just don't spend 30$ on an easily duped black!

Rave from me. When I first purchases this product years ago it had a thick felt tip that felt like I was taking a marker to my eyes. But the newer one have a sleeker, more refined tip that I just ♥ the line goes on so easily! and it's a great black. very Angelina Jolie.
Edit: this dries out WAY too fast. plus I have other liners now that are a deeper black.

on 4/27/2008 3:00:00 AM

Artliner is definitely my favorite eyeliner in the market. Unlike eye pencils that smudge, this gives me a clean and defined look. :) I'm pretty surprised at how long this has lasted me, only because I rarely ever have to reapply! It's pricey, but worth it.

on 4/22/2008 9:43:00 PM

This is the best eyeliner available. I've been using it for at least 10 years, maybe longer. It has great staying power, doesn't transfer to the upper eyelid with wear, and comes in a nice range of colors. It's also very easy to apply with a sponge-tip applicator instead of a brush. The only drawback is that a few years ago they discontinued the plum color.

on 4/19/2008 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so happy I discovered this product! I have oily eyelids and have been using pencil for years but it would always transfer onto my eyelids. I also tried Dior waterproof crayon eyeliner but it would transfer as well. Lancome Artliner solved my problem. Plus, this was the first time ever using a liquid liner and I was unsure I could make a straight line but this product is very easy to use. Remember to shake before use.

on 4/15/2008 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am useless at putting on liquid eyeliner (pencils are my serious staple though!) so it was with great trepadation that I tried this. And boy am I glad I did. It's fantastic! The nib is really great - very thin nib but you can also get a thicker line using the side. It went on really easily as well, and stayed on all night. Very expensive but a definite keeper!

on 4/10/2008 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had a really frustrating day today, so I started crying halfway through the day in my car. Haha well when I calmed down and looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised to see that my eyeliner was still on. At least one thing makes my day less craptastic :) I just bought this three days ago. I love how they give a nice bold look without being too over the top. I mean these are appropriate for work as well as nights out or daytime, because they are not slutty but they are nice and bold and give a defined line. Im sure the black would be nice too but I got brown because it looks really dark on me anyways and I think its harder to pull off black esp with my yellow toned skin and heavily highlighted hair, it would look really drastic. This is totally nonirritating to my eyes, stays put for hours, is the perfect color. I love how it keeps a wet kind of gleam despite drying so it really makes my eyes pop. I do think its kind of expensive (28 bucks for an eyeliner!!) and my chief complaint is that it finishes really quickly, I used up my last artliner in two weeks :( I only apply it once each morning, so I dont understand why it should finish so quickly. I also think the packaging is nice and efficient but leaves something to be desired, its not luxurious and I like applicators that only required one hand--I have to hold the bottom part of this with one hand while I apply to my eyes with the wand. I do like that its a sponge, because this makes it easier to apply. Overall this is my new HG eyeliner.

on 4/7/2008 8:14:00 AM

I would consider myslef to be a bit of an eyeliner aficionado and this is definitely THE BEST I have ever tried. Great colour, fantastic to apply and lasts for ages- it really doesn't get much better than this.

on 3/26/2008 11:44:00 PM

It takes practice t get this right b/c the brush is soft and moves around. Overall a good product though! Nice rich colour (I bought black), doesn't run or flake!

Love this eyeliner! Glides on beautifully and lasts forever! I use ot everyday and it takes me less than a minute to apply for both eyes! Love it! I only wish it were water-proof - then it would be absolutely perfect.

Top Rated Lancome Products