August 2, 2014 | 1004 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this would be lovely, tried a sample today - the pros and cons:

where is the glow?
I expect you must have oily skin or wear moisturiser underneath. My skin looks matt. I do get a glow however from a good moisturiser, ergo this isn't.

Colour:

I tired Alaska, the only colour sample SPACE NK had. On my very pale ivory skin it looks orangey. I blended again and it does fade into my skin. But I had to apply down my neck to stop it looking mask like.

Texture:

beautiful light texture and it does feel weightless on my skin,

Sunscreen:

Useless: the leaflet with it says, to paraphrase, in strong sunlight use sunscreen i.e. a real sunscreen, This is probably fine for winter, but useless for anti-aging any other time of year.

Overall:

One is paying for a very light moisturiser and evening up of the complexion. On dry skin you may as well think of it as a light foundation because you will still need to moisturise before using this and everyone will need a proper sunscreen underneath, preferably one by ultrasun that really does not need to be re-applied whose protection lasts all day, unlike this.
I won't be buying, it doesn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lafemmetopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nars does it again! This TM is genius. The coverage is light to medium. You can build the coverage and TM still looks fabulous.

I love the shades Seychelles and Polynesia. The feel of the product is what really impresses me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

My new favourite tinted moisturizer and daily go-to foundation.
I am loving this. I just recently picked this up last week, and it's been my go-to since.
It is light on the skin, but provides decent coverage. It is so easily spreadable and blends right into my skin perfectly. It leaves a beautiful radiant tone to my skin. It's not shimmer, but definitely provides a nice glow. I have normal to dry skin, and it is perfect for my skin right now.
I highly recommend this product if you are someone that likes easy to use products, and decent coverage. I'd say this is a light medium coverage, which is really what i prefer. I don't have any acne, but i do have some redness that i like to even out. This does just that.
Very natural and radiant finish. I am about an NC25, and Alaska works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tonij

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the sample I got of this product. It looked great on - gave slightly more coverage than the other BB Creams I have. So I ordered the large one - OMG - I got the worst painful acne from it! Can't believe it, Kudo's to NARS though for being so great with their customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sarag918

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the glowy finish it gives and so far it has lasted me all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a good tinted moisturizer. Honestly, I really only wanted to try it because they have a shade named Alaska and since I live in Alaska I was curious if it was a match, and it is! But really it's nice that it doesn't settle into lines and it has spf and we'll see if it lightens any dark spots I may have. Good purchase so long as you find a color to match. For reference I'm NC30-35 with yellow undertones.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by jamiewag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg, I never get cystic acne. Well I sure did this time! I got a sample from Nordies and I was really excited to try this. I liked the way it looked, and I was going to buy it, but after 2 days of using I got cystic acne. It really hurts. I have a VERY clear complexion and I couldn't believe it when I got cystic acne from this. Never again will I stray from BE or Mac's Pro-Longwear foundation!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This a great TM for skin on the oilier side. I tried two other TMs including Smashbox and Laura Mercier. NARS is much thinner and less tacky than Smashbox, and it's less moisturizing and gives a less dewey finish than Laura Mercier. Since my skin is oily, these differences are key for me.

I would compare the texture of the NARS TM to water, rather than to cream. It leaves the skin feeling quenched, but not greasy (loooove that). The finish is luminous, but not too dewey. The coverage is fantastic. It literally looks like a light to medium coverage foundation, especially if set with a powder.

The color options are great for WOC. I am an NC45 in MAC and my winter shade is Malaga, while my summer shade is Seychelles. If you're planning to set the foundation with a powder, keep in mind that if your powder is not translucent, it'll probably darken your face. Combine that with the inevitable oxidation, and you'll be a bit too dark. It's nothing dramatic, but just something to keep in mind. Despite being aware of this darkening effect, I decided to go with the shade that matches me exactly so that I could have the option of going powder-less.

The other major reasons why I chose this TM over the others is the fact that it has a higher SPF than is typical (SPF 30!) and the fact that it has a good dose of vitamin C, which is said to lighten up dark spots, which I need for my acne scars.

This is an awesome product. $42 sounds pricey, but think about it--you're getting a fantastic moisturizer, an SPF 30 sunscreen, and excellent coverage in one. This product is worth the money. By the way you don't need a whole lot to do your entire face. The bottle looks small, but I can tell it'll last a while.

I definitely recommend this TM in general, and especially if you are a WOC with oily skin or acne-prone skin. It's great!!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by clownface

I think this is really more a light-medium foundation, not at tinted moisturizer. It reminded me a lot of Bobbi Brown's TM, which I also think is more foundation than TM. Because of that, the coverage is good...as it should be for a foundation. I've been using the Laura Mercier TM for a few years now but thought I'd give this one a try due to the hype. In comparison, I really felt like this was harder to spread evenly, and it didn't do much for my dry skin. The LM seems to provide more moisuture and has a dewier finish. I purchased the Alaska, and I think I could've done the St. Moritz as well, but it does oxidize (like anything else) slightly as the day goes on. The color is light/medium with yellow undertones. I'm sad to say I'm going back to my Laura Mercier TM, but I'm glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by fvger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I couldn't wait to try this and bough it as soon as it came out. Alaska was a bit too yellow for my NC20-25 skin, but not too noticable. It wears well for 10 hours+ and looks lovely and luminous, but I broke out terribly after wearing it just for 4 days. I stopped for a week and wore it again over the weekend, but I had 3 cystic pimples by Sunday evening. My pores are prone to clogging but I have not had cystic acne for 2 years despite wearing foundation or TM every day. How sad...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No