January 27, 2015 | 2050 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't find these too bad. I'm not that fair skinned either, I am NC15/20 and I find these to work decently. I used to be a big fan of the Dream Mousse blushes but unfortunately Maybelline kept diminishing the color selection and kept the really shimmery ones rather than the matte shades so while I was reluctant to try these at first.. what did cause me to commit my purchase is because none of these have any really apparent glitter or shimmer.

This being said, I went directly to the crazy bright and dark shades in this line despite my complexion because people have been complaining about the pigmentation. I can't speak for the pastel shades but I believe these are designed to have a sheer veil of color. Even if you watch the promo videos, it only talks about these being really natural washes of blush. I don't have an issue with payoff but I do enjoy the finish, it's a very transparent application of color on the cheeks.. Noticeable but not powdery or "sitting on top of the skin". It's not too dewy like some cream blushes which is terrible for my combo/oily skin. It reminds me between a mix of a light stain and a soft powder.

I believe the main issue with these blushes is how they're marketed, the disillusioned quirky concept of a bouncy texture and a bad transition from the dream mousse blushes that were much more user friendly. Yes, these are bouncy and I notice on various occasions in drugstores people have opened these and mushed them around as if a toddler is playing with play dough. There also has been brands in the past who have made sponge/mousse type blushes which require "pouncing/tapping" for color however if you just tap and pounce your finger on these, it will give you no pay off. If you're really rough with these and smear your finger with them it'll just move the product and still give you no color pay off. The key is to gently swipe and it'll work fine. That being said, this is another one of those really weird Maybelline products that seems to require instructions on usage. The blush itself is not bad, but it just is a really unique, almost too unique of a texture that with improper use it'll come off much more terrible than it is.

I've tried many mousse, cream blushes in the past. These are quite unique. I'm not a fan of the packaging or the name of the product but the really natural flushed cheek result I can get from it and the lightweight texture is enough for me to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by msmonag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in #70 Hot Tamale. Loved the texture and the color! It looks very bright on the package but looked beautiful on my skin. Liked the texture but it doesn't has great staying power.

Will repurchase because of the lovely reddish coral shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite some poor reviews I was so curious about these and I had to give them a try. I'm so glad I did. The texture is amazing. I got peach satin and it really melts into your skin and looks completely natural. There is no shimmer or shine and none of the tackiness you can sometimes get with creams and gels and liquid stains. It just looks like your skin with a bit of flush. I thought there was just the right amount of pigment, it shows up well and looks fresh and bright but not garish. I'm not sure how the other colors work, but I really couldn't recommend peach satin more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this product has gotten so many negative reviews, I actually like this product. I always read reviews before buying a product, so when I get this blush I knew to get it in a darker shade. I bought it in 70 "Hot Tamale". I'm pretty medium/tan, but this blush actually shows up on me. It feels like play dough, but it does blend pretty well. The lighter pink colors will not show up because these blushes are pretty sheer, but it's good so that you don't end up looking like a clown. I'd repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by aliyurg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this blush has zero glitter/sparkle/shimmer. It goes a long way to making the blush look "natural" on the face. I hate Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush—it is so full of big sparkles or glitter particles, I can't understand how anyone would want to wear it.
But back to this blush, the colour selections look awesome in the package (I have Fresh Pink [which is an awesome natural rosy pink shade), Pink Frosting, and Pink Plum). Applying the product is a problem, as other reviewers have noted. The consistency is weird because it's not very creamy and it takes some effort to blend it on the cheeks.
However, if you work at it, the overall effect is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by heythereshayla

I love these blushes! I think why people are so disappointed is because of the color pay off. I have fair skin, but these blushes show up great on my skin tone. They're creamy, light weight, and come in a good range of colors! These blushes get alot of love, and alot of hate. But Im just sure people with light skin tones will love these, they give your cheeks a nice glow, and they go on very smooth!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Anna1977

I bought this product on a whim. The consistancy was pretty weird and it did not go on smoothly at all. The color pay off was not worth it either. I would not buy this product again and would not recommend it. Save your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I got this for free but I cannot say that I would pay money for it in the future. I received one of the plum colours, which is darker than most of them. This went on quite sheer and was very pretty and natural looking but I found that after a few hours, it was barely detectible and that just won't do for me. I would recommend this to people who are afraid of wearing blush.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually find this product works pretty well for me. I bought it on sale at Target just because the idea was interesting to me. A lot of people are talking about it having a very poor colour payoff, but I am super fair and I actually thought it wasn't too bad. I bought the peachy pink as I am naturally quite rosy in my cheeks, so I was looking for something with a lot less red. I blends fine and I think it looks really nice if you are going for a certain look. The blendability isn't the absolute best, but it definitely is not the worst either. I would recommend this product if you are looking for something a bit more subtle, and looking for a very pretty colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by skpinkforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The way i rated this product is pretty confusing. Overall, i rated this product a 2 because the pigmentation is absolutely horrible. I have to swipe my finger in a circle about 5 times to get decent pigmentation. So i would not even touch this product in the winter. But when it is hot out and you don't want to have a heavy application and you just want a little tint in your cheeks this is the product you should use. I would use this in the summer time. But there's still a catch, for decent pigmentation i swipe my finger around 5 times and put it on my face and spend about 3 minutes blending it out evenly with a brush! And i don't know about you but i don't have that much time to spare when i need to put on eye makeup and everything else on in a hurry! I rated it a 5 in expensiveness because its about $9 at cvs and that is cheap for a good working product but however, this is not and it seems like i spent a lot of money on this product because it is so lame. I rated the packaging a 1 because after one application the bouncy blush spread out to the corner and makes it look all messy and makes it seem like it is going to run out of blush soon because it takes up a lot of blush after only just one use of application. After all of this dissapointment, makeupalley asked me if i would buy this product again and i would still buy it again because i got my color in hot tamale and i am NW45 in MAC so thats why i feel it is not good pigmentation, because i am an African American. However, iv'e learned that Plum wine has verrrrry good pigmentation and pigmentation for me is a big deal because most things come up looking white on African Americans. haha i told you alll this would be confusing but yeah this is my review!!