November 28, 2014 | 1029 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This my second Color Tattoo, and it's definitely my fave! I wear this pretty much every time I wear makeup. My fave combo is this on the lid, topped with UD YDK, Tease in the crease, and Foxy to highlight (all in the Naked 2 palette). Combined with dark brown or black liner and mascara, this makes my hazel eyes POP! The one drawback I can think of this eyeshadow is that it by no means lasts 24 hours. I do have oily lids, so I wear this over UDPP. I get an easy 12 hours of wear, longer if I need it, but it definitely performs better with powder eyeshadow over top. I've noticed it doesn't hold up quite as well if I don't put something over it. I don't care though! For a few dollars, I think it works great. Definite repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not much for cream eyeshadows, and this hasn't changed my mind. I think they are trying to duplicate the style of paints pots here, but this falls far short.
First off, Bad to the Bronze is not even a little bit bronze. It is actually a silvery taupe. The color is very pretty, don't get me wrong (and the only reason I didn't give this a 1 overall) but it is not at all bronze, gold or warm toned.
The consistency feels greasy on my eyelids, and I have dry skin. It never seems to dry, and it does smear some. As far as lasting 24 hours, that is a joke. The pigmentation is pretty good at first but it fades after a few hours, leaving only a faint sparkle behind.
This left a lot to be desired and really only made me want to try to get a paint pot, which has a much better consistency, in a bronze color. I wouldn't recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives my eyes a nice pop of shimmer without being too teeny-bopper. It's a good everyday color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I swapped my Eternal Gold with Sambalina82 for this colour. And im so happy i did!!!! We were both about to buy the colours we swapped for, so we saved ourselves a good 5! Anyhow, lol, this is much more me. The eternal gold is a true yellow gold, which didnt make my blue eyes pop as much as i thought they would. My eyes need bronze tones for ultra poppiness lol, and this is puuuuuurrrrrrfect!!!!
Yes this dows crease on my lids, i think i just need to use a touch of UDPP under it to ensure it stays put, but for the price of it, its amazeballs!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to give this a 5 because I really do LOVE it. It's such a pretty color and easy to apply and looks more natural than I thought it would. However, it gets to me that people advertise this as being able to last on the eyelid without primer... it almost instantly creases on me without primer! That goes for any of the color tattoos. I know my eyelids are oily, but I didn't think they were thattt much oilier than everyone else..
Either way, when I wear this with UDPP, it lasts forever. O.M.G. So pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Delilahcakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Waited ages for this to come out in the UK, and I'm not disappointed. This applies and wears beautifully, in a neutral but shimmery bronze. The wear is amazing, with or without primer, and it blends well with fingertips.
The packaging is a nice, chunky glass, looks more expensive than it is.
I layer this with powder shadows, inner corner and a crease, and have had several compliments on it since I started wearing it. It lasts and lasts, and holds shadows like glue. Just wish it wasn't sold out in nearly every colour, and I'd like to find the white somewhere. Wicked product that I'll repurchase in several colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by xoMissJessLee

Amazing product, stays on the whole day and doesn't make eyeshadow crease if you use it as a base..can also be worn alone. Better than the MAC paint pots I think..much more creamier and only a fraction of the price. Don't think i will ever purchase another paint pot again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the best drugstore products of all time. I deposit the shadow on the back of my hand and apply it with a brush to my lids. I apply a sheer layer on the inner corner, and then a thicker layer on the lid, and a second layer on the outer corner and crease. This gives me the look of wearing more than one color, sort of, and shades my eyes nicely without having to apply other shades. It's very quick and easy. This formula does not budge on me at all, even though I have allergies and I've been moisturizing my face with Aquafor lately. I have slept for short periods in this eyeshadow, and upon waking it still looked freshly applied. As for the color, I would not call it bronze. For reference, on me this looks exactly like CoverGirl Tapestry Taupe and WnW Nutty. The shimmer is not over the top, and it builds easily and does not cake. I can't find any cons with this product. I just purchased another shade in this line, and I can't wait to try it out. I definitely recommend this. ($6.99 at drugstores.)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Don't let this name fool you, the color of this is more of a cool-toned taupey bronze than a true bronze. I'm NC20, and this color gives an almost nude shimmery look to my eyes that I absolutely adore. This has definitely become a part of my daily routine, and it's so easy to just slap on and go. No creasing, not too drying, not flakey, and just perfect! I've never purchased cream shadows since my Bobbi Brown fiasco, but these are fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great and versatile colour to use as a base for other shadows or on its own for a quick and really pretty look. Fortunately for me, at least, this isn't as "bronzey" as the name would suggest - it's more of a glittery taupe. And, fortunately again, the glitter isn't large or chunky so it imparts more of a sheen than it does outright glitter. These shadows were on sale when I got mine, so the already reasonable price was even less, which is always nice.

I tried the flatter side of the 2-sided Naked 2 Good Karma brush to apply this but I honestly think it goes on better just with a finger. The packaging is not unlike MAC Paint Pots or Benefit's cream shadows, though I do wish they'd printed the colour names on the BOTTOM, rather than just on the lid because if you're using 2 shades, it can be easy to get the lids mixed up! Oh, and I have to add that the lasting power on these is excellent - no creasing and no fading all day (since I don't sleep in makeup, I can't really say if they last the full 24 hours) and I plan to put this shadow (or Tough as Taupe, which I also have) to the ultimate test by wearing it when I work out at the gym, which happens to be really warm right now as the a/c for the facility hasn't been turned on yet! An absolutely first rate product at a reasonable price!