July 24, 2014 | 1853 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2003 1:27:00 AM More reviews by peppersunlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is great. I am pretty pale, and it is sometimes hard to find a powder that doesnt turn orangey. I bought the translucent, and it is wonderfully pale. And you can't beat the price! I think I paid about 2.00. I have bought it two or three times now, and will continue to buy it. added note though- I am sorry about the animal testing thing, never heard about that before...will have to look into that....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:18:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? HARDLY!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:13:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? NO!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2003 5:00:00 PM More reviews by stak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What more can I say? This is good stuff. Keep reading for minor quibbles and why they don't really matter...My skin tends more to dryness than oiliness, so I really just use this to set my foundation in the morning and occasionally to touch up during the day. Nothing heavy-duty. The colour is indeed translucent; can look white at first, but blends in well. Yes, the compact is cheapy and ugly, but it's functional - good enough for me. I even think the crappy sponge is adequate. Because of the ridiculously low price, I bought a second one to keep in my purse permanently. Compared to the first, the powder seems a bit bumpy, but this doesn't really affect how it works or looks. Finally, the amount of product you get seems a bit small. I hit the pan after a month or so. I never hit the pan. But for $1.99 CDN, who cares?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2003 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Obsessedwithmac2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just don't get the hype. I don't hate this product, but I don't love it either.
It goes on smooth, keeps things matte for a while. Doesn't add a chalky cast to the face or make it look overly powdery. A good, basic powder, but I just prefer MAC blot, which is creamier and softer or something.
The puff thing that comes with this powder sucks, and the case is ugly. I would repurchase it if I was on a budget and couldn't afford MAC anymore. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lorien

I officially worship N.Y.C. Pressed Powder. I have Translucent and Naturally Beige and love both of them equally.

Pros: Excellent finish. Silky, soft, matte, yet not at all chalky. Controls oil perfectly yet not extremely drying. DIRT CHEAP, I mean, if you collect real dirt and press it to this amount, it'll cost a bit more, lol. Has a built-in adequate mirror.

Cons: Package sucks, along with cheapy sponge aplicator.

I use Cat's Kabuki Brush, or Chanel Le Petit Penseau(kabuki brush) to wear it and nobody can tell that I'm wearing a $1.99 powder. I've already stocked it up in case NYC EVER discontinue this little jem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sabet

I was surprised at how good this product works. I was concerned about the pinkish color this powder has in its case, but on the skin it looks very natural, if used lightly. I use powder brush to put it on, and it goes on great, very finely milled. It disappears on my skin taking all the shine away.
Been using it for a while now and have not experienced any negative reactions. The only problem is that unless I apply this very lightly, the color may become too light for me.

Update: I tried it in the darker color in the summer, and if I apply lightly, it blends perfectly. I am LLL.

This might be the best pressed powder that I ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by annapearl

I was going to go to the mall and invest in an expensive powder like Chanel thinking spending more money would give me better results. Luckily I read reviews at makeupalley b4 I actually spent all the xtra money. I agree, this is great powder for a super d

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Estibaliz

This product is great, and a very cheap price, I prefer it over cover girl, and others. For someone who is short on cash and need an emergency powder this is a great product!! That is what happended to me and ever since I use it as a regular. Is a must try, you will just spend about 2 buck!! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2003 6:32:00 PM More reviews by scarlettg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A miracle! This doesn't cake up and is very sheer, all while managing my very oily skin! And the price is so absurdly inexpensive. All I can say is wow... This is my new staple as pressed powders go.