Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

my HG cleanser. easily removes makeup and all. this really works for my skin -- if i momentarily stop using it and break out, using this cleanser seems to counteract it. at first it didn't work as well, but i think you just need to keep using it and your skin well become accustomed to it.

on 11/14/2007 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I think I may be allergic to salicylic acid, because this cleanser broke me out horribly with little tight bumps around the jaw/chin area (& Iím on Accutane). I also had issues getting the pump to work (kept getting stuck inthe downward position)...I'm trying Cetaphil cleanser today *fingers crossed*.

on 11/11/2007 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i love this stuff! the scent is very fresh and wakes me up when i'm feeling tired! it keeps my face mostly clear of acne too, and that's what i mainly look for in a cleanser. Aveeno is definately a good choice!

on 11/10/2007 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately not impressed by this product. I found it did not fare well as a cleanser, and it certainly did not help to clear skin or keep acne at bay. This cleanser requires one to first remove all makeup to begin cleansing (personally I feel it should be the job of a cleanser to do the cleaning, but hey, what do I know?) & follow up with the Aveeno moisturizer, which was too oily -- (but that is another review altogether). Overall, not sufficient as an acne treatment, and should specify on the label "for those who do not wear makeup". Sorry Aveeno.

on 10/2/2007 9:45:00 AM

My skin has improved greatly since I switched to the Aveeno Skin Clearing line. I'm not sure how well this cleanser would clear up acne on its own, but used in conjunction with the correcting treatment and moisturizer, it really works. After a week of using these products my skin is much more clear and even looking. I have combination skin so this cleanser can be a little drying, but as long as I use the moisturizer, my skins stays nice and smooth.
UPDATE: If you, like me, have had a problem with this cleanser overdying, they now have a cream version that's a lot better. I bought and used it last night and used it again in the shower this morning and my skin's already a lot smoother. I'm so glad because the flakiness was starting to get worse on account of the weather being cooler and dryer, but my skin is clearer and more even than it's been in ages so I didn't want to switch cleansers, but it looks like the cream cleanser is a winner.
UPDATE #2: I've been breaking out a lot in the week that I've been using the cream cleanser so I think it may be clogging my pores. Aveeno may not be my HG after all.

on 9/25/2007 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this cleanser only because it is fairy gentle. It did nothing for my acne, though. I'm disappointed.
The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser's bottle head stopped working correctly. It does not spring back up after being pushed down to release the foam. So it is also very hard to use for me now.
This product got two stars instead of one, simply because it could cleanse and wasn't too harsh on my skin.

on 9/12/2007 8:44:00 PM

I think this is a pretty good cleanser. I like to try out other cleansers a lot, but I tend to come back to this one as my stand by. It made a slight difference in evening out my skintone and I think I have less breakouts with it. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, and is a lot gentler than other anti acne cleansers. I don't think it's anything amazing though; but it certainly didn't do anything bad to my skin.

After using their Positively Radiant Cleanser all last winter (never again), spring's attendant oil slick brought me back to Aveeno Clear Complexion and I've never appreciated it more. It takes all the morning crud off my face without stripping, but soaks up enough oil that a coat of Prep + Prime SPF 50 is all I need to keep grease at bay. (Those oil-absorbing sheets were cluttering my purse, anyway.) Unfortunately, fall is coming and my face is drying up and flaking away, so I'll have to put this one away for the year. But, oh yes, I will come back.

on 8/28/2007 2:20:00 PM

I love the Calming cleanser from Aveeno, and because the grocery store was sold out, I thought I would try this instead. It is very fragranced and stripped my skin. I also found that it didn't clear up my minor blemishes but instead gave me more! I am not really blemish prone, apart from when I wear products which aggravate my skin, and so it is definitely this cleanser which has given me bad skin.

I liked the way it made my face feel thoroughly cleansed, but I did suffer from tightness and dryness immediately after cleansing. I won't be purchasing this product again.

**UPDATE** I didn't want to waste the rest of the container, so I kept on using this. Now I have finished it all and moved onto another cleanser my skin has reverted back to it's blemish-free state. This wrecked my skin and I certainly won't be using any Clear Complexion products again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to switch from my usual Cetaphil in the summer because it makes me too oily in the heat. I bought this as my replacement cleanser this summer and I love it. Used with the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer, my acne-prone skin is clear and not as oily. Even though it has salicylic acid, it is not drying at all. I definitely will be buying it again.