Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 9/12/2007 8:44:00 PM

I think this is a pretty good cleanser. I like to try out other cleansers a lot, but I tend to come back to this one as my stand by. It made a slight difference in evening out my skintone and I think I have less breakouts with it. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, and is a lot gentler than other anti acne cleansers. I don't think it's anything amazing though; but it certainly didn't do anything bad to my skin.

After using their Positively Radiant Cleanser all last winter (never again), spring's attendant oil slick brought me back to Aveeno Clear Complexion and I've never appreciated it more. It takes all the morning crud off my face without stripping, but soaks up enough oil that a coat of Prep + Prime SPF 50 is all I need to keep grease at bay. (Those oil-absorbing sheets were cluttering my purse, anyway.) Unfortunately, fall is coming and my face is drying up and flaking away, so I'll have to put this one away for the year. But, oh yes, I will come back.

on 8/28/2007 2:20:00 PM

I love the Calming cleanser from Aveeno, and because the grocery store was sold out, I thought I would try this instead. It is very fragranced and stripped my skin. I also found that it didn't clear up my minor blemishes but instead gave me more! I am not really blemish prone, apart from when I wear products which aggravate my skin, and so it is definitely this cleanser which has given me bad skin.

I liked the way it made my face feel thoroughly cleansed, but I did suffer from tightness and dryness immediately after cleansing. I won't be purchasing this product again.

**UPDATE** I didn't want to waste the rest of the container, so I kept on using this. Now I have finished it all and moved onto another cleanser my skin has reverted back to it's blemish-free state. This wrecked my skin and I certainly won't be using any Clear Complexion products again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to switch from my usual Cetaphil in the summer because it makes me too oily in the heat. I bought this as my replacement cleanser this summer and I love it. Used with the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer, my acne-prone skin is clear and not as oily. Even though it has salicylic acid, it is not drying at all. I definitely will be buying it again.

For the first two weeks, this product felt like it was working on my combination skin, but my forehead starting getting little bumps that wouldn't go away. Then I started getting whiteheads on my cheeks. Even though my skin felt softer and looked brighter, this really didn't do a thing for my skin.

on 7/24/2007 3:52:00 PM

I actually like this product quite a bit. I've never really found a facial cleanser which I didn't feel like stripped too much from my skin and made it slightly dry, this one included - but, I did find this product actually cleans the skin fairly well and helps clear up pimples considerably more than other products I've used.

I'd advise using a good facial moisturizer day and night with this, in addition to using a facial scrub every few days. This keeps my skin dewy and nice.

on 7/23/2007 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this product too drying, and it really did nothing to help with breakouts. In fact, it made my skin worse! At least it's pretty cheap, so I'm not too heartbroken.

on 7/10/2007 2:29:00 PM

After narrowing down every product I use, I have determined that this is the culprit breaking me out. I have acne-prone combo skin, and this did nothing for my acne--if anything, it may have made it worse but I don't have proof that it was this product. So I wouldn't buy again beacuse it doesn't give me a "clear complexion."

on 7/3/2007 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I absolutely love the products from this line! My skin looks wonderful, it really does, and I feel that I owe it all to this cleanser (and the other products in the Clear Complexion line). I was somewhat confused by many of the other reviews, as I've NEVER found these soy-based products to be drying. Excellent products!

on 7/1/2007 9:22:00 PM

The key ingredient in this cleanser is salyicic acid. At first I didn't clear much for it but i HAVE been using it for almost half a year now and it's pretty much become my everyday cleanser. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. It doesnt strip my face of oils and I do feel like it has cleared up some pimples I had. the calming foaming cleanser is so much better, and is better for sensitive acne prone skin.