November 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

WOW!
I love these palettes. Gorgeous pigmentation, silky smooth just like their trios. Can have a bit of a fallout, you don't want to drop these on the floor, VERY FRAGILE(- 1 lip).
They are all shimmers and they don't offer any matte shades. I love all shades, there's no one better in texture than the other. There are 4 neutrals and 4 more green-toned shades. Going from lighter to darker shades. The only con I found is that I need a primer to make them last longer...but that I need to almost all eyeshadows I've got.
Packaging is see through so you can see what colors are in the palette. Would love a more fancy packaging,but here it's all about the product itself...Overall LOVE them and the price is ridiculously amazing for the quality you get. Buy them NOW if you don't have them!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is the business! When I say I love this palette I LOVE THIS PALETTE! I was really upset at first cause I could not get my hands on the palette, but when I went into a local Walgreens (which I never go in there im a Rite Aid Kinda Girl) my eyes drew right to the palettes. It was like a movie. My eyes got big and the music Ahhhhhhhhhhh....played above me. I picked it up to find that it was the last one and the left side browbone color was cracked. Do you think I cared? The answer is NO. I told myself I can press that back or just be ok with half of that color cracked cause I have lots of colors close to that. So I brought "Comfort Zone", and"Blue Had Me At Hello". I was not to interested in the purple colored one. So I went to the register and explained to the clerk what was going on with the shadow being chipped and that was the last one. She told me that she would look for another one. Needless tosay there was not another one so I got 20% off of the "Comfort Zone Palette" :) So I brought the palette (without tax) for 3.92. I went home and opeped the palette. As I took a little bit of the broken color and swatch it on my hand I noticed that even though I had some similer WNW colors that looked alike they were not exact and I fell in love with the palette that much more. So I pressed and I pressed and I got the color pressed enough to make the palette look presentable. That night I did a make up look with the palette and fell in love even more. I think that this is a great palette. These WNW eyeshadows put MAC shadows to shame. (in my opinion) I love everything about these shadows. The creamyness (if thats a word) the formula, the pigmentation, and the presentation of the palette. Its not too much without being to less. I have yet to open or try the "Blue Ha Me At Hello" and I have had them for about 1 month now. But all in all this is a great affordable palette for anyone the Begginer to the Pro.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild's Comfort Zone palette is an eight pan palette from their Color Icon line. Each neutral toned shade weights slightly more than one gram. The shadows are labeled for suggested placement, but obviously you don't have to follow that if you don't want to. Application instructions are also available on the back label of the palette. Wet n' Wild claims these shadows have "all day, crease resistant wear." I purchased my palette at Ulta for $4.99.
Packaging is simple and functional, but not particularly sturdy. The palette is black plastic with a clear plastic lid. A sponge tip applicator and tiny brush were included, but I tossed both of them.
I'll review each of the eight shadows individually, as they vary in texture.

Browbone 1 - A light, shimmery gold shade. The texture is really soft and nice. I use this on the brow bone, or as an all over sweep of color.

Eyelid 1 - A very pretty rose gold color. The texture and pigmentation are superb, as well as the blendability. I like this in the crease with browbone 1 on the lid.

Crease 1 - A warm, medium brown. Very smooth but not the most pigmented shadow in the palette. A good basic brown to have.

Definer 1 - A very deep, shimmery brown. Way too soft and overly pigmented. It stains my eyelid and my brushes. Pretty much crumbles to the touch. Leaves tones of fall out.

Browbone 2 - A light, semi-metallic taupe. Too dark for the browbone, at least for me. I get a ton of use for this shadow, I love it all over the lid. Great pigment and texture, I'll probably hit the pan on this one first.

Eyelid 2 - An olive green shadow. The only bright color in Comfort Zone, it's great for pops of color. A lot of people say this shadow isn't very pigmented, but I disagree. I love it.

Crease 2 - A dark green with glitter. Probably the worst shadow in the palette, sadly. It looks great in the pan and swatched on your finger, but very little color and almost no glitter transfer to the lid when applied.It also has the stiffest, hardest texture of the bunch.

Definer 2 - A red-brown-green duo-chrome. Everyone says this is a great dupe for MAC's Club Eyeshadow. A really interesting shadow by drugstore standards. Great to sweet over the lid and crease. Also has an excellent texture. I nicked it when swatching. ;_;
Aside from two exceptions, the shadows in Comfort Zone are excellent. Some of the best I've ever worked with. I like Wet n' Wild's idea behind this palette. Different neutrals, not the kind you'd expect. It's hard for me not to reach for this palette every day.
This palette is also excellent for travel. I'd definitely bring this for me on a weekend trip without any other shadows.
These shadows wear as well as they apply. I get all day wear without creasing, fading, or fallout, with exception to Definer 1.
I don't think I've ever been quite so pleased with a palette before. Comfort Zone is just so versatile and wearable. The quality is astounding, especially for the $5 price tag. I definitely recommend this palette to anyone who wants to play around with unexpected neutrals, or for someone needing an every day, travel friendly palette. You'll be hard pressed to find better quality eyeshadows at the drug store level. I'm genuinely excited to try more Wet n' Wild palettes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by silleaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really quite adore this product. The colors are my favorite 'earthy' tones, and each pan packs a punch of color. The formula is smooth and has great pigmentation.

To avoid fallout, I actually use my fingers to apply. The three shades I use most are #2, 5, 6, and 7 (going by the first image provided). I pretty much use the second color as a base color every day; or as my only lid color if I'm not feeling like spending more than 5 minutes to do my makeup. Number 8 is that beautiful metallic teal-infused brown that's great for a night out. Paired with #1 in the inner corners of the eye, it really makes people take a second glance.

I got this product BOGO half off, and I have to say I would definitely buy again. Especially for #2. Man, I gotta find some dupes. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by gabrielagarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette!!!!!! it has so many versatile colors. Very, VERY pigmented, easy to blend and long lasting (with UD eye shadow primer). This is my go-to palette when i'm in a hurry and my most reached for eye shadow palette overall and I do have palettes from MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced.. you name it. The only downfall is that the packaging is awful- it broke the first week I had it. I went ahead and quickly bought another one since they're only $5 after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product because the colors are so pretty. But....1) too shimmery for my taste; 2) tons of fallout; & 3) irritated my eyes (All WnW eye products irritate my eyes). Like I said, really wanted to love this because the colors are so pretty and they are very pigmented, but too many negs for me. :(

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this a great product if you are just starting out with eyeshadow and want a palette that can give you many options. Wet and Wild is a great drugstore brand that is very affordable and the quality of the product in general is very very good for what you pay for.

The reason for my lower rating for this particular product is because I feel that this palette has poorer quality then their other shadows. I feel that since trying this 8 pan palette, I really do prefer their single shadows or 3 pan palettes. Maybe since they packed 8 shadows into a palette, the quality was lessened? I don't know, I'm just guessing. For some reason, those shadows are too soft and don't break as easily. My comfort zone palette is very delicate and the shadow breaks up so much, which I don't find with my 3 pan ones.

I HIGHLY recommend their other palettes (3 pan) or their singles. I do find the pigmentation WONDERFUL on this palette, but since they are so soft, you must tap off a lot of excess off your brush or applicator when applying shadows from the comfort zone palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by buffydog15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok...so I don't want to give this a bad rating because i love wnw...but these colors on my skin look horrible. it's a shame because I think they are gorgeous but...ick. Sorry. They are very pigmented and nice but not for my skin tone sadly.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Eh....this is a miss for me. I dont know if it's my fair skin, but these just look like vomit on my eyelids (sorry for the visual lol). They're ugly colors on me, and both of the browbone colors are way too dark for a highlight color. I'm usually a big fan of the earth tone colors, but this just doesnt do it for me. I DO like how pigmented and soft the shadows are, but I have the packaging a 1 because I read the reviews how barely a bump shattered the eyeshadows, and I can easily see how these would shatter if you dropped them, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are gorgeous! The shadows are super, duper pigmented, and I will admit there is a very small amount of fallout, but if you apply it using a good brush, and make sure you don't take too much product, you can avoid this. I actually like the quality of most Wet n wild shadows better than I do urban decay or MAC. Not only is the quality good, but the shades are gorgeous, offering a variety of wearble looks.

There are no completely matte eyeshadows, which I am okay with, but if you need a matte shade just pick up a seperate deep matte brown that you can pair with these colors.