October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by silleaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really quite adore this product. The colors are my favorite 'earthy' tones, and each pan packs a punch of color. The formula is smooth and has great pigmentation.

To avoid fallout, I actually use my fingers to apply. The three shades I use most are #2, 5, 6, and 7 (going by the first image provided). I pretty much use the second color as a base color every day; or as my only lid color if I'm not feeling like spending more than 5 minutes to do my makeup. Number 8 is that beautiful metallic teal-infused brown that's great for a night out. Paired with #1 in the inner corners of the eye, it really makes people take a second glance.

I got this product BOGO half off, and I have to say I would definitely buy again. Especially for #2. Man, I gotta find some dupes. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by gabrielagarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette!!!!!! it has so many versatile colors. Very, VERY pigmented, easy to blend and long lasting (with UD eye shadow primer). This is my go-to palette when i'm in a hurry and my most reached for eye shadow palette overall and I do have palettes from MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced.. you name it. The only downfall is that the packaging is awful- it broke the first week I had it. I went ahead and quickly bought another one since they're only $5 after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product because the colors are so pretty. But....1) too shimmery for my taste; 2) tons of fallout; & 3) irritated my eyes (All WnW eye products irritate my eyes). Like I said, really wanted to love this because the colors are so pretty and they are very pigmented, but too many negs for me. :(

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this a great product if you are just starting out with eyeshadow and want a palette that can give you many options. Wet and Wild is a great drugstore brand that is very affordable and the quality of the product in general is very very good for what you pay for.

The reason for my lower rating for this particular product is because I feel that this palette has poorer quality then their other shadows. I feel that since trying this 8 pan palette, I really do prefer their single shadows or 3 pan palettes. Maybe since they packed 8 shadows into a palette, the quality was lessened? I don't know, I'm just guessing. For some reason, those shadows are too soft and don't break as easily. My comfort zone palette is very delicate and the shadow breaks up so much, which I don't find with my 3 pan ones.

I HIGHLY recommend their other palettes (3 pan) or their singles. I do find the pigmentation WONDERFUL on this palette, but since they are so soft, you must tap off a lot of excess off your brush or applicator when applying shadows from the comfort zone palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by buffydog15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok...so I don't want to give this a bad rating because i love wnw...but these colors on my skin look horrible. it's a shame because I think they are gorgeous but...ick. Sorry. They are very pigmented and nice but not for my skin tone sadly.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Eh....this is a miss for me. I dont know if it's my fair skin, but these just look like vomit on my eyelids (sorry for the visual lol). They're ugly colors on me, and both of the browbone colors are way too dark for a highlight color. I'm usually a big fan of the earth tone colors, but this just doesnt do it for me. I DO like how pigmented and soft the shadows are, but I have the packaging a 1 because I read the reviews how barely a bump shattered the eyeshadows, and I can easily see how these would shatter if you dropped them, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are gorgeous! The shadows are super, duper pigmented, and I will admit there is a very small amount of fallout, but if you apply it using a good brush, and make sure you don't take too much product, you can avoid this. I actually like the quality of most Wet n wild shadows better than I do urban decay or MAC. Not only is the quality good, but the shades are gorgeous, offering a variety of wearble looks.

There are no completely matte eyeshadows, which I am okay with, but if you need a matte shade just pick up a seperate deep matte brown that you can pair with these colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Scored one of these on a visit to CA since they are nowhere to be found in NYC. Amazing palette with rich creamy warm neutral colors that all work on my NC30/C4 creaseless (monolid) Asian complexion. All shades here have a slight to heavy shimmer so I find myself reaching for this more at night. The colors are all highly pigmented and soft enough to apply with fingers, since the little brushes in the kit should just be tossed, seriously. Word of caution: the palette is flimsy and the shadows are extremely soft, so any knocking around will definitely shatter the shadows. It fell from my nightstand onto a thin rug on hardwood and one shadow totally smashed :( My mistake and luckily, at $5 I can order another one. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite 8 pan palette by WNW. The colors are extremely pigmented and you can create sooo many looks with this palette. I have never had any fallout or chalkiness with these colors. It was my first 8 pan palette that I bought from them and I would definitely repurchase. It has so many neutral colors and nice dark colors that you can create great smokey looks as well. When you put in your brush make sure that you just tap your brush in or else you will have way to much color on your brush and you will look like you got punched in the face. I use this palette without primer and when I work 12 hour shifts the eyeshadow is still on! Great palette highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by missind33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard all of the hype about Wet n' Wild eyeshadows and I had to get it. To bad it sucks.

It's great for your money, dont get me wrong! If you're someone on a budget and starting out, maybe. But I hate these eyeshadows
-The texture is not buttery, does not feel like Shieshido or Stila (believe me I own both). It has this cheap airy, possibly styrofoam like feel. I regretted my purchase as soon as I felt the texture, it feels like $1 eyeshadows, which it is. You get what you pay for. The texture just feels cheap.
-A lot of the shadows are this tacky glitter stuff. Some shadows have a nice payoff, a lot of the shadows will probably give you the worst fall out in your life, and the glitter might make you look like a drag queen
-The shadows easily break

If you want $1 eyeshadows and want good pay off, then this is for you, I am thinking about either tossing or giving away the eyeshadow palettes. You may think I'm crazy, but I hate these shadows. Thank goodness they were cheap.