July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product if you have brown eyes and are neutral / warm toned. That being said, I am NW10 with blue eyes, very cool. Unfortunately, this palette didn't work for me. I love Petal Pusher and the other 8 pan with the turquoise shadow, but this one is going in the give away pile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this palette that hasn't been said already? Every single color is gorgeous. In fact, the gunmetal definer shade is probably one of my favorite eyeshadow shades ever. My old roommate used to say that gunmetal always looks good on Asians. All the colors are very blendable, and suitable for all occasions.

Originally, I wanted this palette because Jenn from frmheadtotoe.com suggested it (and I'm kind of obsessed with her). I then scoured all of Manhattan looking for this elusive product. I soon realized that Duane Reade doesn't carry it, and most Walgreens don't -- trust me, I went to about seven of them. Eventually, I just purchased it from drugstore.com.

The color payoff is so rich. Sometimes I swatch them on my hand and stare for a few seconds just for the hell of it. They look gorgeous on my lids, even if I don't use primer. Even my dentist complimented my eyeshadow! I haven't really noticed creasing, but maybe because I have dry skin.

The thing to watch out for is: never ever drop this palette on the floor. I dropped mine when I first got it, and I had a mini heart attack. Luckily, only tiny pieces chipped off, but you still have to be careful. I wouldn't travel with it, I would only apply it at home.

Seriously, at $5 (what? other reviewers got it for $4? I'm jealous), an amazing value for such a great product. It seems like every review mentions the poor packaging, but I think it's worth overlooking for the amazing product inside. It's definitely my go-to palette now.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I held out on purchasing this for a while b/c I was really disappointed by the Lust and Greed palettes and I rarely use greenish e/s. Then a month or so ago I saw a youtube video w/ this and all of the sudden I really wanted it and was super duper excited to get it on sale from CVS. I still think these are not as good and longlasting as say UD and stuff, but some of the shadows in this palette are definitely the best d/s ones I've ever tried (so soft and pigmented). I definitely saw some creasing/fading even w/ primer after a long day (don't recall at what point it started to crease/fade), but I have abnormally greasy lids and it wasn't horrendous. Definitely a fun and useful palette to have for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

It took me awhile to buy this palette. The problem I was having was that even though I was seeing it in stores, because the shadows are so soft, I don't often find them in the display without a broken or cracked shade. That is something the Wet 'n' Wild need to improve upon.

When I found one without any broken shades, I bought it. I love the shades and pigmentation. All of the shades have shimmer, which is fine by me. These apply smoothly and blend easily. This palette gives the option of a work friendly neutral look, but also shades to put together an evening look.

Once I find the 2 other 8 pans without broken shades, I will be purchasing them as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! Has Wet n' Wild sure come a long way! I remember buying Wet n' Wild products at the drugstore when I was just a kid who wanted to play with makeup, and now, at 26, I'm still using some of their products. I picked up this palette at Walgreens for about US $4, last weekend when I was looking for some cheap makeup to take on my cruise. I was thinking that if I bought some cheap makeup, if it broke in my luggage I wouldn't be upset, but after testing this, and realizing the GREAT quality, I think I'd be more upset if this broke than some of my more expensive mac shadows! The texture of these shadows is great! Soft, and finely milled, but HIGHLY pigmented. I was expecting to have to apply these wet, to get any payoff, however, the payoff is amazing dry! There is no scent, the eyeshadows are not powdery, and they last all day. The packaging seems pretty sturdy, it's a large clamshell type package. The brush/applicator that comes with it obviously sucks, but so do the brushes/aplicators that come in pretty much all eyeshadows. I use my Sonya Kashuk eyeshadow brush, and it applies like a dream. This palette comes with 8 colors, a neutral set, and a green set. For $4 you can NOT beat that! I am definitely willing, not only to buy every palette in this collection, but to recommend them to friends and family as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This has go to be one of m favorite palletes. The price is amazing, quality is just as good if not better then a high end eyeshadow, and the pigmentation is amazing as well.All of the colors work well together or by themselves this is definitely a must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good little eyeshadow palette. The colors all go well together. You can use three or four to create a dimensional, glam look, or use just one or two for a natural look. The colors go on well, feel soft and velvety, and last a long time. They do tend to create a lot of fallout if you are not careful, so definitely put on your foundation last. The darker colors are best used lightly as they can get a little muddy if you try to use too many of them at once or too much of the product. The packaging is horrendous, and I wouldn't suggest it for purse travel, but the shadows well make up for the cheap, flimsy packaging. I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 because of the packaging, and my wishing this palette had at least 2 matte shades. It is still a good palette though, I would buy it again and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit: been using this every day since i got it... Sometimes just one or two of the colours. got compliments n comments on my eyes when wearing this out... This is rare even with HE m/u. If u have brown eyes or warm tones i think this serves as a beautiful enhancer.
This is the 3rd thing i bought in the past few weeks because of MUA... And for the 3rd time, i love it. A negative thing to get out of the way: u can't really take this on a trip because though it sounds convenient to have all these good shadows in one palette, they will probably break or crumble. You must be verrry careful in handling these.
Colours: lovely. Pigmentation n texture: superb. Loooove the highlight colour on the right side especially. Amazing colours that really epitomize the phrase ' cheap thrills'... Hiiiighly recommend.
Use these with a base. You can get the club dupe to look more vibrant with a black liner smudged as a base. The club dupe also pairs beautifully with MAC patina. It was the main reason i got this palette :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this; it was well worth the months of hunting for it, and the $4.99 I paid for it. That said, though, I could probably just as well do without it. I already have a nice collection of eyeshadows I really like & use regularly, and other than 2 of the dark shades in this palette, this doesn’t really offer anything too special. However, it is a nice collection of basics, and would be especially good for someone just starting out ‘collecting’ makeup, or who likes a ‘streamlined’ collection. The texture of these are really nice, soft & highly pigmented, but with little fallout. There are 8 shades in 2 color ‘families’ (browns on the left, and greens on the right), ranging from light to dark. All shades have shimmer. They are definitely on the ‘warmer’ end of the spectrum. The only shades I don’t ever use are the lightest gold (since I never use a ‘highlight’ shade & its too light I feel to be an all-over lid color) and the deepest greenish-brown definer shade (which takes on this strange reddish tone when applied & just looks awful on me). Of the other brown-toned shades, there is a peachy shade which I will wear as a base color, a really nice (if rather basic) mid-toned brown shade which I will wear as a lid color, and deep shimmery burgundy-brown which I apply wet as eyeliner. Of the green-toned shades, there is a light greenish- taupe which makes a nice base color. There is a mid-toned lime green (be careful, this one is really pigmented) which makes a nice lid color, and then my *favorite* out of the whole set, a deep olive with gold shimmer, that I also apply wet as liner. These last all day over a primer. The color combinations and uses from this palette are endless. The packaging itself is a little ‘cheap’ in look & feel, and the applicator is pretty much useless (I use my own brushes anyways) but the quality of the shadows more than makes up for it. If you like neutral-warm shimmery shadows, its hard to find fault with this palette, especially for under 5 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

~ $4.99 in Walgreens
~ 8 shimmer shadows ~ left side is more of your brown/golds and the right side is more of your olive/greens
~ Highly pigmented
~ Apply like a dream and blend out superbly
~ ZERO fallout when you use the sponge tip applicators which I know most of you girls hate, but I love... Maybe it has something to do with me being "brought up" with them from the 70's.
~ Staying power is fantastic... stays on the entire day and looks just as good at 9PM as it did when I first put my makeup on which would be around 7AM. I do not use primer, only my foundation underneath.
~ No creasing or fading whatsoever
~ Comes housed in a nice sturdy plastic case

~ I love this palette so much. My application is a little different though and it makes for a stunning smokey eye.... what I like to do is, I decide am I going to use the left side or the right side..... Once I decide which row I'm going to use I then apply the highlight shade on my brow bone, after that I lightly tap my sponge tip applicator into the 3 other remaining shades from that row and apply them to my lid and up into the crease. GORGEOUS EFFECT! Just be careful though, remember, these shadows have so much pigment, just be sure to tap in very lightly to the three shades ~ tap out the excess onto a piece of toweling and then apply. I have heard Eve Pearl say many times to use this method in order to achieve a gorgeous shade on your eyes that nobody will be able to tell what color you used... it just looks gorgeous. Give it a try!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No