August 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite 8 pan palette by WNW. The colors are extremely pigmented and you can create sooo many looks with this palette. I have never had any fallout or chalkiness with these colors. It was my first 8 pan palette that I bought from them and I would definitely repurchase. It has so many neutral colors and nice dark colors that you can create great smokey looks as well. When you put in your brush make sure that you just tap your brush in or else you will have way to much color on your brush and you will look like you got punched in the face. I use this palette without primer and when I work 12 hour shifts the eyeshadow is still on! Great palette highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by missind33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard all of the hype about Wet n' Wild eyeshadows and I had to get it. To bad it sucks.

It's great for your money, dont get me wrong! If you're someone on a budget and starting out, maybe. But I hate these eyeshadows
-The texture is not buttery, does not feel like Shieshido or Stila (believe me I own both). It has this cheap airy, possibly styrofoam like feel. I regretted my purchase as soon as I felt the texture, it feels like $1 eyeshadows, which it is. You get what you pay for. The texture just feels cheap.
-A lot of the shadows are this tacky glitter stuff. Some shadows have a nice payoff, a lot of the shadows will probably give you the worst fall out in your life, and the glitter might make you look like a drag queen
-The shadows easily break

If you want $1 eyeshadows and want good pay off, then this is for you, I am thinking about either tossing or giving away the eyeshadow palettes. You may think I'm crazy, but I hate these shadows. Thank goodness they were cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Devotee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe this product got such a high re-purchase rating. These are not up to the quality of typical W'nW shadows. The fallout is awful! When you tap the product off the applicator, there is so much fallout that most of it is gone. If you wet them, the fallout is even worse! I've had other pallettes from W'nW and the quality is much better than this. If you want fallout like you've never experienced before, get these. I threw mine in the garbage!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AmberVerde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is gorgeous. I love every single color. In pictures the bottom right color looks like Club, but it's really a spot-on dupe for Blue Brown pigment. If I could only have one palette for the rest of my life, this would be it. The pigmentation is amazing- esp. considering that it's a drugstore brand. The texture is smooth and buttery and applies evenly. The only con, and not even that really, is that you need a primer to get full color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before i discovered HE mu i wouldn't go near WnW, everything i had tried (back in the '90s) just kinda sucked so i didn't bother with them. But now, i really like this brand. I decided to give it a shot when the new 6pan palettes came out & it was love at first sight. So then i moved onto the matte l/s & the 8pan shadows, im a deff user now. Anywho my point is this brand has come a long way with their cosmetics & i love this palette & would repurchase many times over. (although face,nail & other products i still don't really care for)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

So glad that I finally got my hands on this palette. I've experimented with each colour, and find that they all complement my brown eyes like crazy! I'll find good use for every colour. My advice is, just because a colour is marked as "browbone" or "crease" doesn't mean it can't be worn on the lid, etc. Mix it up, put whatever colour wherever you want. The markings are just there as a guide. This palette has so much potential and many possibilities. Use the shadows in this palette with shadows from other palettes. It's fun to create new looks by mixing colours together. I purchased this palette for under $5(CAD). Worth every penny. Like all Wet N Wild eyeshadows, they're great quality for the price, and the pigmentation is super. Use an eyeshadow primer underneath and ta-da, you're set!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised by how much I like this palette. I am NC50ish (Hazelnut/Nutmeg in Black Opal) and I thought these colors would not be the most flattering on me.
I actually like all of the colors. They have a nice satiny sheen to them, not glitter packed.
They are very soft and you will get a lot of fall out, but for $4.99, I'm not going to be picky. The pigmentation is very good, no chalkiness. My favorite shade is the "definer" shade on the bottom right side of the palette. It adds "pop" and "drama" to any eye look.
I received lots of comments regarding how pretty my eyes looked when I created a look using this palette. Since the goal is to get people to notice our eyes (not necessarily the eyeshadow), I knew I had winner on my hands.
Great product for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product if you have brown eyes and are neutral / warm toned. That being said, I am NW10 with blue eyes, very cool. Unfortunately, this palette didn't work for me. I love Petal Pusher and the other 8 pan with the turquoise shadow, but this one is going in the give away pile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this palette that hasn't been said already? Every single color is gorgeous. In fact, the gunmetal definer shade is probably one of my favorite eyeshadow shades ever. My old roommate used to say that gunmetal always looks good on Asians. All the colors are very blendable, and suitable for all occasions.

Originally, I wanted this palette because Jenn from frmheadtotoe.com suggested it (and I'm kind of obsessed with her). I then scoured all of Manhattan looking for this elusive product. I soon realized that Duane Reade doesn't carry it, and most Walgreens don't -- trust me, I went to about seven of them. Eventually, I just purchased it from drugstore.com.

The color payoff is so rich. Sometimes I swatch them on my hand and stare for a few seconds just for the hell of it. They look gorgeous on my lids, even if I don't use primer. Even my dentist complimented my eyeshadow! I haven't really noticed creasing, but maybe because I have dry skin.

The thing to watch out for is: never ever drop this palette on the floor. I dropped mine when I first got it, and I had a mini heart attack. Luckily, only tiny pieces chipped off, but you still have to be careful. I wouldn't travel with it, I would only apply it at home.

Seriously, at $5 (what? other reviewers got it for $4? I'm jealous), an amazing value for such a great product. It seems like every review mentions the poor packaging, but I think it's worth overlooking for the amazing product inside. It's definitely my go-to palette now.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I held out on purchasing this for a while b/c I was really disappointed by the Lust and Greed palettes and I rarely use greenish e/s. Then a month or so ago I saw a youtube video w/ this and all of the sudden I really wanted it and was super duper excited to get it on sale from CVS. I still think these are not as good and longlasting as say UD and stuff, but some of the shadows in this palette are definitely the best d/s ones I've ever tried (so soft and pigmented). I definitely saw some creasing/fading even w/ primer after a long day (don't recall at what point it started to crease/fade), but I have abnormally greasy lids and it wasn't horrendous. Definitely a fun and useful palette to have for the price.