April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

One of the best d/s mascaras. I was a fan of the original lash blast. However, the waterproof version was terrible for me. My fave high end mascaras are buxon lash and diorshow to compare. This does a great job at fanning lashes out, as another review said. The brush is small enough to get the inner corners, and the very black is very black. no smudging or flaking, comes off easily. For 7 bucks, its a bargain!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lachulitachaparrita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love this mascara, it truly delivers, i put just one coat and OMG! i see how my eyelashes got volume instantatly, no clumps at all, please keep making more of this...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the CGLB Volume Waterproof formula...

At first I didn't like it, and wanted to kick myself for wasting $ on yet *another* mascara....But today I tried it again and instead of trying to brush it on my lashes the usual lazy way I put the wand at the base of my upper lashes, rolled the wand upwards and BAM! I had big, fat lashes with no clumps! I wanted to see how far I could go so I applied another coat the same way and BAM again! Even thicker, defined lashes w/ no clumps!

The only drawback is that the applicator handle and brush itself are bulky at first but you get used to it. I just can't believe how dense and thicker looking my naturally sparse lashes are! For the record, I have not tested the waterproof-ness of it, but hey, it might rain tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably the last mascara I'll ever need. Ages ago I was saying that about MAC LoudLash, but it got d/c:( I tried this (after many others) on a recommendation from a friend, and I'm hooked. I've also tried their lengthening and shimmery (not sure what they call it?) formulations, but the orange tube is the BEST. Lashes are long, full, batty, gorg, and it stays on. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by ahoyahoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the greatest mascara I've tried, ever!
I've had a couple of tubes of the stuff and have tried out a few different mascaras in between, but I always end up coming back to this one.
It does a great job of adding volume and makes my lashes look incredibly long. It's very black, doesn't flake, doesn't irritate my eyes and doesn't clump! I couldn't ask for anything more from a mascara really.
The brush is great too. When I was using other mascaras, I used a clean wand from an old lash blast mascara to brush through my lashes afterwards and it would fan them out nicely and get rid of all clumping.
I definitely recommend trying this one out. I actually told one of my best friends about it and it's her favourite mascara now too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by toastergirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is perfect!
I've been experimenting with drug store brand mascaras, in hope of finding a decent product with a cheap price.
This stuff is much better than decent and outperforms most of the higher end brands that have triple the price.

- BLACK black color.
- No transfer to brow bone (usually an issue for me) or raccoon smudges under the eyes.
- Lasts all day and comes off easily with remover.
- Great brush, easiest time I've ever had with bottom lashes.
- Separates and curls lashes, and I LOVE that you can build it for a more dramatic look but the ends of the lashes still taper naturally- no clumps or "spidery" look!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by chicagogirl1416

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara ever made! It really does build volume and does not require many coats or to much time to look great! I have tried countless others and nothing compares to this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this mascara at Target and I don't know why but I was nervous about trying it because I hate buying products that can be a waste of money if you don't like them and can't return them. So I tried it and I love it! I had this Sephora mascara I loved but it was flaking and this doesn't! I'm so glad with my purchase because it really does give your lashes gorgeous volume. Before mascara though, I would recommend an eyelash curler for extra volume. This is my lifesaving mascara!! Must-have! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am giving this a second chance, and I am kind of happy. I read a review (probably under plain old Lash Blast before they diversified) that who would like this. The reviewer had 3 categories. 1) the apply and go girls, they will love it. 2) the work a little at applying, but only a stroke or two (they won't like it cuz it won't be that much drama) and 3) the ones who will take the time to apply this meticulously (sp?) and get AMAZING results (this category would include the many makeup artists who love this and fellow mascara junkies). So category 1 & 3 will love it, but category 2 won't be impressed. I thought that was brilliantly illustrated. So that review made me look into again. Then I read an interview of Taylor Swift saying she uses Lash Blast (but quickly dismissed it cuz she is the new CG spokesperson). But then she mentioned that after all these different makeup artists kept pulling it out of their kit, she finally took the hint and tried it.

That said, I am liking this on my second go around. Unlike Max Factor Volume Courture or CG Volume Exact, it fans out your lashes more (like DiorShow and Full n Soft). Also, as mentioned above, unlike Volume Couture or Volume Exact, you have to work this a bit more to get the drama. But when you do work it, you get not only long, full lashes, but fanned out naturally looking long full lashes (with drama). Volume Exact and Volume Couture, gave dramatic dark lashes quickly, but they did lack that soft feather feel. I still love those mascaras, but I am really appreciating Lash Blast these days. And since Max Factor is no longer sold in the U.S., I needed to find a new HG mascara anyhow. Call me a lemming, but I am really liking Lash Blast (orange tube) - oh...and I like dramatic lashes, so put me in category 3).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jlboisseau

This mascara did nothing for me. It didn't coat lashes very well and made them look dry and thin. Also, it flaked after about an hour or so of wear. I would never buy this mascara again!