Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

When I first saw the brush on this mascara I immediately thought I was going to hate it. Chunky, plastic brushes usually are a big No-No for my lashes...but surprisingly enough this may have replaced Maybelline Falsies as my HG mascara! At least for daytime use. I was completely blown away at how natural and thick and gorgeous my lashes looked. The separation and fullness I got from just one application was absolutely stunning. And it make it even better, I was able to layer three coats on for an even more dramatic look with ZERO clumping. This mascara stayed on all day, no smudging, no flaking and no transfer. I'm completely in love. One coat for daytime use, up to three for night...this is all around amazing.

on 9/1/2011 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm giving this mascara a 2 because it didn't give me volume at all. My lashes were thin and sparse. I tried putting more coats on, but it still didn't work. I'd say if you weren't looking for volume then this is o.k. I liked that it stayed on all day, without smudging or flaking. Another thing I don't like is the smell..wet paint. Very strange for a mascara.

on 8/31/2011 9:24:00 PM

This mascara was definitely a hit, and it was quite cheap compared to others I've used. My go-to mascara was Chanel Inimitable for the past year, and I've been looking for a cheaper mascara, and I think I've found one. This mascara was lengthening, it separated okay, stayed put the whole day and held my curl. I tried piling it on and it looked good but my lashes clumped a bit, but not to much. I will definitely be buying this product again.

on 8/27/2011 10:07:00 PM

Volumizes and lengthens well. Doesn't get clumpy but it does flake a bit. I love the big brush but its hard to do my bottom eyelashes with it (it gets all over my skin beneath my eyes and smears, but a qtip can fix that). The packaging is cute but its so big and clunky! This also seems to dry out quite a bit faster than other mascaras that I have used, even with it shut tightly.

on 8/14/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was my HG waterproof mascara for 2 years and I went through 3 tubes of this. It held the curl in my asian lashes, was a true black, waterproof and amazingly volumising. It did flake but I wasn't bothered too much about it because I was always asked if I was wearing falsies and was very proud of my lashes.
Then one day I broke out in a little eczma patch on corner my left eye. 1 year later and the eczma rash had spread over my entire eyelids, undereye area, eyebrow area and even the apples of my cheeks. I had no idea what was going on and was totally depressed for the whole time because I couldn't do anything about it. Doctors prescribed me steroid creams for my eyes which I absolutely hated because you shouldn't use them on your face let alone your sensitive eye area.
I happened to switch my mascara recently to a higher end brand and started using organic cold pressed oils to moisturise my face to make sure not to further irritate my eye area with alcohol, fragrance or colour. Now I'm almost back to normal and am thanking God I've finally figured it all out! Took me long enough but better now than never right??
If you have sensitive skin, or have similar allergic reactions, try an ellimination process to figure out what it is exactly that you're allergic to. I also reacted to Maybelline's Falsies mascara - it made my eyeballs red every day and they were itchy and sore. It was disgusting!! I guess drugstore products aren't for me, but it also makes me think what the hell are they putting in these products?! I will never ever purchase this product again.

on 8/12/2011 12:21:00 PM

This product is okay. I absolutely LOVED it when I first got it, now its kinda like mehh... I still use it because when I got it, it was like $7, and I'm not just gonna throw it away. Anyway, its an iffy mascara for me, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't! I do love Cover Girl though, so I would buy lash blast length or any other mascara and try it out!

on 8/9/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was an ok mascara, I mean I have used worse. The thing is, that the brush is to too humongous which means that it messes up the lashes in the inner corner of my eyes and I can't even think about putting this on my lower lashes for fear of it smearing and messing up my make-up look. It does give good volume which is what it promises, but it does tend to clump and smear a little. The plastic bristles are nice because they are soft and the packaging color is cute, but a bit too bulbous for my liking. I would not buy again, but will rather try Maybelline colossal or even Loreal voluminous.

on 8/5/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's OK. The only problem is that it flakes like crazy at the end of the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has become my go-to mascara, and that's saying a lot. I love the brush... gives a lot of separation and volume to my lashes. It is pretty fat though, so not quite as easy to maneuver as a skinnier one. The formula stays clump-free for a long time and is a great consistency. It does flake a teeny tiny bit, but I haven't found any mascara that doesn't. This is the best I've tried by far. This is a great mascara for everyday wear.

Finally a drugstore mascara that I love! I usually buy at department stores, just because buying there makes me feel special and happy, like a nice treat.
But you know what? This mascara works just as well as the more expensive ones, and now I have more money left over to buy myself a treat at the department store! :-)
I have noticed no clumping, and it makes my lashes look nice and thick and full. I got it in brown because I have brown hair and I thought it wuold look nice, and it does, but I think I'll get it in black for more va-va-voom!

Video Reviews & Tutorials