Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Finally a drugstore mascara that I love! I usually buy at department stores, just because buying there makes me feel special and happy, like a nice treat.
But you know what? This mascara works just as well as the more expensive ones, and now I have more money left over to buy myself a treat at the department store! :-)
I have noticed no clumping, and it makes my lashes look nice and thick and full. I got it in brown because I have brown hair and I thought it wuold look nice, and it does, but I think I'll get it in black for more va-va-voom!

on 7/27/2011 9:19:00 AM

This is probably my favorite drugstore mascara, and the closest formulation in the drugstore that I can find to my all-time favorite mascara, YSL Mascara Singulier. There are definitely faults with this product, but I can easily overlook them for the formula.

The formula itself is thicker and not as wet as most mascaras. Since my individual eyelashes are fine, I prefer this over super wet formulas. It's been hard for me to find mascaras that aren't super wet lately without spending the $30 bucks on my YSL, so when I found this I immediately liked it. I really like that it comes in a "pure brown" color (being a PPP), which is hard to find with drugstore mascaras. It gives me some extra volume, but I find that I have to work a bit to make sure that my lashes are covered to the very tip. I have fairly long but blonde (aka invisible) eyelashes, so if I don't make a conscious effort to get my lashes coated from root-to-tip this doesn't quite do them justice, length-wise.

It does flake a bit, but not horribly, and not enough to bother me much. It doesn't smudge much either. With my eye shape, I'm really prone to smudging on my lower lashline. This passes the everyday test for smudging, but it can smudge a little in very hot, humid weather. Not enough to change my mind about it though.

Some mascaras, like Diorshow and Chanel Inimitable Intense, can irritate my eyes to the point where I just can't wear them. I haven't had any problems wearing LBV though.

The packaging is unnecessarily bulky, but I have no other complaints about it.

The brush is also unnecessarily bulky, and it's hard for me to reach all of my eyelashes with it. I might buy some individual mascara spoolies for days that I want to make sure I get every lash. I'm not a huge fan of plastic or rubber brushes either, but I can deal with it.

In the end, Mascara Singulier will always be my favorite, but I just can't justify spending $30 on a mascara that doesn't last very long at this point in time. Lash Blast Volume is a great alternative. The quality isn't up to par with YSL, but it's a fraction of the cost and I'm pretty sure it will last longer, too. While I think my lashes may look a little better with the YSL, it's not a night and day difference. Basically, I'll be sticking with the Lash Blast Volume for a while :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the worst mascara I have ever used! It is too clumpy and dosent give volume. Its a bad brush as well and I cant really use it well.

on 7/19/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this one beats out grow lush hands down. my full & soft is hg, this one comes in 2nd place for now. did not clump, not too wet, did not flake or give me raccoon eyes. pretty good for ds. brush was midsize (much smaller than the gigantic grow lush brush) but the handle too bulky and awkward to hold on to. my full & soft gives me volume, this one gives me length. would buy again.

on 7/17/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The consistency is pretty thick, and it adds decent volume. The trouble I had with this is it does not hold a curl, and its not as dark as I want it to be, even though I bought the darkest color. It's okay, but I'm still on the search for my HG drugstore mascara.

on 7/14/2011 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this mascara, it doesn't clump up but it does a good job at adding volume and some length to lashes.

I often have trouble with mascaras leaving black smudges under my eyes if I use them on my bottom lashes but it hasn't happened with this mascara.

The only thing I dislike about this mascara is the size of the brush, it's bigger than I'm used to and I would prefer a smaller one. I probably won't repurchase, due to the brush issue, but if a larger brush doesn't worry you then this is definitely worth trying.

on 7/9/2011 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I might buy this again...but I'm not known for buying mascara twice. The large brush throws me off, and I hate that I can't get into the corners of my eyes with it. The formulation is good. I wish it was blacker. It is super waterproof though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I am by no means a mascara guru, but I really like this product. It's very waterproof and sometimes even hard to take off with makeup remover. The packaging is stylish and the wand works well (although I have had some trouble with smudging on my lid near the inner part of my eye during application - but maybe that's just me). The mascara is inexpensive and easy to get a hold of, which are both bonuses to me.

on 7/8/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! If you apply slowly it will plump up your lashes nicely. The only down side is it does not last very long.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara! Although I have not tried a lot of different mascaras, this one adds tons of volume, slight length, and most importantly doesn't clump! I love the brush. 5/5!

Video Reviews & Tutorials