January 29, 2015 | 1951 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by smallmay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes and use the waterproof one.. the waterproof version holds curl, volumizes nicely, lasts all day, doesn't clump, smudge, or flake off. I curl my naturally flat lashes with a curler before application and it stays ALL day! I tried the non-waterproof version and it totally flattened my lashes the second i put it on and flaked off through out the day! But I love the waterproof one. It can be on the more difficult side to remove but just get a waterproof eye makeup remover and you're good to go! I am on my third tube I believe maybe fourth. A tube lasts me 4+ months! Overall great mascara, I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by amyk003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hey all!
So I just brought this today and I'm still super duper excited about it! I've waited so long for this, mainly because here in NZ not many places sell CG and plus make up here are at unreasonable prices! It was $3 off, so I paid $19, but I hear it's quite cheap in the UK/US so you guys are LUCKY!

Anyway, the actual review:
I got the very black, NOT waterproof [as I wasn't too sure, but I worry if I wear it during netball I'll get gross eyes! --Not that I wear makeup anyway, but it's just SO AMAZING!] and I followed the back instructions [it had a cap so that was removed and brush inserted before use] and applied.
Result? After one application, longer, fuller and lashes full of curl! Second coat? Blacker and fuller, curlier and longer! Not kidding!

Will test soon the smudge/long-lasting wear of the mascara this week! Plus it's a rainy week, so I guess how it performs under humidity!

I used to use Mac Factor Masterpiece Max, where I pretty much considered it my HG. However, it was my sister's/pretty old, but I liked it nonetheless. This CG mascara is definitely an 11 -Mac Factor would be a 7.5/8.2 :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by cheetah091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara it's my go-to! I use the non waterproof in black. I used to use the brown but found black works better for me in the summer when I am tanner. The only reason I give it a 4/5 is because the waterproof one I HATE. It sticks my eyelashes together and they fall out much more easily than with the non-waterproof. For waterproof I use the pink and green one (?) I forget the name of it sorry. I love the volume this gives me and I already have long lashes. This is perfect for everyday wear. If looking for something more dramatic, this may not be the right mascara but for every day I think it's perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by tiff1211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this mascara... the wand was to big for me and it clumped. Not to mention the fall out was a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by sharizzle

I like this and would buy it again! I'm not gonna lie though, I hate the thick handle that you hold in your hand! I feel like it's so awkward! But, I like the product overall so I guess I just gotta deal with that!!

I've honestly liked all the Covergirl mascaras that I've tried. I used to use the Cover Girl Professional mascara for the longest time!! I've also tried the Cover Girl Exact Eyelights mascara (for hazel eyes) and have liked that, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by speacialgirl

Well I read many good reviews on this site and decided to give it a try. A bought the non-waterproof and was excited to get home and try it on. When I did I was extreamly impressed, my lashes had lots of volume and curl!!! Wow love this mascara, but... only down side is that the pacaging is a bit bulky, but you do get used to it. This is way better than my colassal volume express, that I find a little to wet and hard to get off. This is an awesome mascara and I would buy again!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by PrettyKitty30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG!!!!! *think im going to cry* im so excited to FINALLY find a mascara made for MY lashes!!! this is the first time in all my life ive curled my lashes then applied mascara...and they look just as perfect as the second as i applied it this morning! i just got home from working 11hours and they are PERFECT.. sooooo in love with this mascara i cant even tell you!! my eyelashes are super SUPER Long and Thick...very very very STRAIGHT...takes soo much work to curl, then after mascara they usually flop back to limp and straight in 10min...

WOW...i love love love this mascara.... ive been spending sooo much $$$ on diffferent mascaras ( my staple before was Tarte Lights Camera Lashes) and this is the best ive ever tried.. I will definitely buy over and over!!
I have the Waterproof..wonder if that helps hold the curl..hmm..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara solely on the MUA reviews and because I'm always on the search for a great mascara. The only thing I can say is that this mascara is ok, and I say ok only because it was sooo cheap. The size of the tube isn't very easy to work with when applying mascara, and the volume just isn't there even with layering it 5 times, and I didn't notice any lengthening at all. So, for now, my search for a great mascara continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by davesmsperfect

I have very sensitive eyes & haven't been able to find a mascara that didn't irritate them [DS & HE] until this one. It went on smoothly & lasted all night [no flaking or running].

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I ever stray, I always come back.

I got hooked on this when it came out and it's been my main mascara since. I've strayed and tried other drugstore and high-end mascaras, but none seems to give me what Lash Blast Volume does. I just bought Too Faced Lash Injection yesterday and it's already going back to the store.

This formula transforms my lashes, giving them a full, defined look that lasts all day. It separates each lash and I love how huge the brush is. It's actually easy to use once you get used to it. Flaking and smudging is minimal, if at all.

For some reason, this mascara is best at the middle of the tube. In the beginning, it's a bit heavy (have to be more careful when applying) and near the end it's a little thin (like most mascaras).

My natural eyelashes are nothing to be proud of, but when I wear this I do get lots of compliments. Someone even told me I had "perfectly manicured lashes" once. Made me smile, but I know it's the LashBlast. It's my HG mascara for four years.

UPDATE:

Every now and then I try different mascaras to see if I can find anything better. Just tied Smashbox's Full Exposure, which is really a good mascara but not any better than lash blast. In fact, I felt the application was messier than LashBlast. Also tried Stila's Major Major lash, which was just an awful mess.

I also purchased Maybeliene Full N' Soft (has better reviews on MUA than LB) and I'm kind of alternating between the two. The Full N' Soft just gives a bit of a different look for me.

But once again, I've come back to my old friend.