July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - fresh complexion concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

I got this in Classic Ivory as a gift-with-purchase, and hated its watery consistency and sheerness. My undereye circles and blemishes aren't that severe, but I had to layer on several coats of this stuff to get the same coverage I get from one application of my usual concealer. Shaking the bottle and pumping the wand didn't help.
I used to use CG's Invisible concealer and I find it to have much better opacity and blendability.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by alison_c2004

I just used up my first bottle of this concealer. I have VERY dark hereditary undereye circles which are extremely hard to cover. I have tried almost every low-end (drugstore) concealer and this has to be the best one I've tried. It does not conceal my undereye circles completely, but it does a pretty good job. For me, it stays on all day, even when I'm working out and sweating. I am still looking for a better concealer, but until then I'll use this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For something so cheap this is quite effective. It's medium coverage and oil-free, made especially for under the eyes. I have found it covers my under eye circles quite well with a natural look rather than a mask. Two thin layers does the trick nicely and I set it with some loose powder. It doesn't 'slip' when applied over eye cream.I have had no trouble with the lid breaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I needed a new concealer fast and cheap since I was pretty much broke. I saw the CoverGirl kind and tried it out. I've used Classic Ivory and also a color 1 shade darker than that and I can't remember the name. Both worked well in my opinion. It covers up any redness of blemishes or purple under-eye circles and all the other things you don't want anyone to see. However it has a slight chalky feel once you start running out which I don't really like, but it still covers well. It lasts until you wash it off and doesn't fade out in the heat of summer. I suggest putting it on after foundation with the wand and tapping it lightly with your finger instead of smearing it around and then setting it with powder. I'vew been using it for 2 years and have only run out 3 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by glacier_girl

I bought the Honey Beige and was scared it might look chalky on my CCC skin in the undereye area. But what a surprise! It is very light, blendable and brightens eyes without leaving a chalky residue. It is runny, but this is good because then it doesn't cake up in fine lines and look heavy. I dab it on very lightly and blend with my fingertips. Packaging looks a bit cheap, but I just keep it on my dresser--so no broken caps.

UPDATE: JAN 2005--Ooooh, my cap is broken. Now I know what the other ladies are talking about. One day it was fine--and then weeks later it has a huge crack and I don't know how!! It only ever stayed on my dresser too. Rule: don't close too tightly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow!! i have tried so many concealers and this one is a great find. I love the sponge/wand applicator. I can get into the corner area of my eye. I like how I can dot it on in the undereye area. It is very light and blends so easily. It doesn't crease on me and Light is a perfect match. This beats CdP, KA SSE, and LM for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 1:13:00 AM More reviews by nerdalicious

Love this concealer. Covers quite well if I blend with my brush. I have dark circles under my eyes and it covers them wonderfully. Doesnt do as well for large pimples, but it covers skin imperfections wonderfully like dark spots, scars etc. I have been buying this for quite a while. Stopped using it for a while and then just started buying it again. Never in all the tubes Ive gone through have I had one break? What are you guys doing to the poor packaging? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkbabii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best concealer ever. Perfect shade and the coverage is awesome. Definitely something you should pick up if you're looking for something new!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again the packaging has ruined a decent product for me *sighs*. Like several other reviewers mentioned, the cap broke on mine in many places, and is currently Scotch taped together. The actual concealer is nice though. I won't buy it again b/c of the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ellie2

I like that this concealer blends so well--I'm willing to give up a bit of coverage for a natural look. Even though it doesn't provide total coverage, I find that it covers blemishes and dark circles fairly well with no caking at all. The packaging isn't the best, but overall, I'm pleased.