September 23, 2014 | 1389 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

As a fan of Chanel's Hydramax + Active Gel Cream, I was curious about this product since it is also a moisturizing gel. I purchased this at Target for $6.99 (which is a steal for what Chanel's cost - $72.00). I am very pleased to say it performs just as good as the Chanel product did for me. Chanel's has alcohol high on the ingredient list and this doesn't. Only downside is it is in a jar also like The Chanel gel cream. A definite keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become my new go-to product. I've just finished my first jar of it. I have EXTREMELY dry skin. I used to use Clinique sensitive solutions cream, but this has so many more great qualities to it:

- It is lightweight.
- It is layerable for desired moisutrization.
- It produces a nice cooling sensation upon application (NO burning)
- It is really wonderful for sensitive skin!
- It makes a great primer for your makeup.
- Doubles as a cooling eye gel. This feels really good in the morning. It wakes my eyes and face right up!
- It is very reasonably priced.

Only downside I have for this is that is does not come in a tube. This allows bacteria into the jar everytime you put your fingers in. I haven't had any issues with it though! I never used any garnier products for my face but I will be looking into the rest of this line soon because this product is so amazing.You definitely should give this moisturizer a try. It would be great for summer because it is so cooling and lightweight!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cchesnut99

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. It is a very lightweight, yet creamy gel. It absorbs almost instantly and has somewhat of a cooling sensation upon application. I can wear this under my primer and foundation (mineral or liquid) without feeling like my makeup will slide off. I love the fresh scent as well. It isn't overwhelming at all. Just clean.
As for the container, it leaves A LOT to desire. I do like that you can get to all of the product, but it is very unsanitary to stick your fingers down into it. It would be great if is was in a squeeze tube of some sort. I have somewhat overcome the ickyness of sticking my fingers in it. With the lid on, I tip the jar over quickly allowing some of the product to stick to the inside of the lid. Then I, with clean fingers, just use the product that is in the lid.
I will certainly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by kristenn

I'm almost finished my second pot of this stuff, and I LOVE it. I can't get enough! It doesn't leave my skin oily, its perfect for wearing under makeup, it absorbs quickly and I just can't get over how fresh the scent is. I feel like it smells like a real grape, haha! I recommend this to everybody I know! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by caitlinmelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing moisturizer!! I apply this cream every morning after my cleanser which is very drying. This cream makes my skin so soft without any oily or filmy feeling. I apply a small amount to my face and instantly it soaks into my skin. It really feels like you have nothing on, like your natural skin, but much more soft and smooth.
I have combo skin and because the summer is coming my skin tends to be a little more oily. This product works perfectly to balance out the oily vs. dry areas on my skin.
This is the only cream I've used that doesnt leave some sort of resdue or oily feeling on my skin. Definitely the best moisurizer I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by selyn3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WONDERFUL! My husband started using this and, after searching and searching for a product for myself, I tried it and am hooked! It's very light and actually reminds me of the primer I use before I put my makeup and that's a plus!

For those who say it's pricey, I find it to not only be reasonably priced at Wal-Mart for about $6, but there are usually coupons in the Sunday paper also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I've been using this along with the other Moisture Rescue products. I use this underneath my night anti-aging moisturizer. What I need it to do is boost the moisture of my skin, and allow my anti-aging moisturizer to work better, and I think it does this very well. It soaks in very quickly because it is a gel, and is priced very reasonably.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by bridgettef2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Leaves my face super soft. Soaks in very fast and spreads easily. Not heavy at all. I love it! $7.99 at Rite Aid where I live.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

Good basic moisturizer for my combo skin.

Pros:

>Does not break me out or clog my pores
>Absorbs quickly
>Long-lasting

Cons:

> Unhygienic packaging (Glass Jar)
>Leaves a film on my face if I apply too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Hopkins159

Bought this during the winter because of my winter dry skin and it worked wonderful. Just like all of you say it leaves your skin baby smooth and it doesnt clog pores and make you brake out. I even got my boyfriend (who is a manly man type that doesnt use anything girly) to use it after he started complaining about these two patches of extreme red dry skin on his cheeks that he gets every winter and with the help of St.Ives Naturally clear apricot scrub blemish and blackhead control. With both of them working together, it helped get rid of his dry patches and relieve them in the process. They were almost gone by the third day use.