July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

gross, gross, GROSS! literally hours after i tried this, my face wanted to melt right off. never in my life have i had such pain cystic breakouts from ANYTHING. my face hates garnier. i've always had a terrible reaction to all their products. this went right into the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

This is my 6th bottle. I love it!!!!! non sticky, light, smells good, absorb well, cheap. I use it every day. Definitely worth trying.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too broke out very badly from this product. I was hoping to switch over from my normal moisturizer (dr. nicholas perricone super hyper hydrator) which costs about $40 to something a little friendlier on my wallet. I am so mad because I really wanted this product to work. On the plus side it does smell lovely, but it never fully absorbed into my skin and it left a film on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! I have combination skin that tend to be dry, and greasy at the same time. This totally solve my problem!!! And it is very cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sillyK

I don't usually buy any beauty products without first checking here to see how they stack up, but I ran out of my Yves Rocher moisturizer and needed one quick! I bought this one after having seen it in a magazine. I took a chance, it was on sale (10,99CAD from 13,99CAD). I used it for the first time a few nights ago and I was pretty nervous about it since my experience with Garnier's products hasn't always been cake. I was also scared that it would be sticky like many other gel-like moisturizers I've tried. The packaging is nice and my boyfriend loves the green shade, I would take off only one lippie for it being made from heavy glass thats not exactly convenient to carry around. The moisturizer itself was refreshing and cooling when I put it on, spread nicely, not too watery feeling or sticky at all. A minute later I touched my face to see how well it had absorbed. BABY SMOOTH! Soft, not sticky, not shiny or greasy but PERFECT. I am so pleased with the results and I'm so happy that I've finally found a gel that I like and won't have to suffer through the warmer months with too thick creams. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by fletcherm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been a lifesaver over the winter months. I have fair, acne-prone combination skin--TRULY combo meaning my forehead will be dry and flaky while I've got oil and acne on my chin. The Garnier gel is great for keeping my skin hydrated without feeling heavy or goopy. Absorbs pretty quickly, so light I don't feel like I've put anything on my face and yet the moisturizing property is powerful enough to combat tightness and flakiness the dry winter air. I was honestly very impressed since I had never used a gel moisturizer before and I didn't realize how truly light yet effective it could be. Very reasonably priced, as well! I believe I got it at my local Wal-Mart (yuck I know) for under $10.

My chief complaint is that now that the weather is getting warmer and more humid the oilier, acne-prone areas of my skin are getting super oily and gross by the end of the day. So I guess there's a ceiling on the magical lightweight powers of this moisturizer. I give it a 4 because it worked great for my skin and is a great value but only as a seasonal product. I went through a whole jar, which is rare for me, and bought another one only to have to put it away for the coming months. Am now in the market for a summertime moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Meekaboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like that the gel is a fairly light weight formula which for my current climate is a must. I dislike that it does seem to leave a film on my skin though it also feels like it has sunk in. Weird. I'll probably continue to use this as a night cream through the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by foreverpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stopped using this moisturizer for a few nights because I went away and accidentally left it at home. I immediately noticed a difference in my skin. After waking up in the morning, I found that I had flakes all over my face caused by acne medication. After I resumed the use of this product, my flakes disappeared. I only use this product at night because I find that it makes my skin very shiny under makeup, not greasy but unattractive nonetheless. For me, I find it the perfect night cream but I ise something else during the day to combat oil. The packaging is cute and it is really reasonably priced. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Mintyxfresh

i love this so so much. it feels amazing on my skin and it's super moisturizing. I like that it comes in a little glass jar, it looks very nice. I'm hooked on it and i've repurchased several times. i do have pretty dry skin, and this is very calming and soothing yet light and definitely not oily. I have zero complaints about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by merin44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

so I read countless reviews on here before buying this product. Latley my skin has been pretty dry due to the temp change and season change. I didnt want to purchase a really harsh moisturizer with alot of sulfate in it so I went with this one. I believe I paid $5.67 for it. At a really good price I was hoping for really good results and thats exactly what I got. You dont need to put a lot on, a little goes a long way. It feel really cool on my skin and it drys pretty fast. Theres a slight scent to it actually smells good. It really helped my dry skin and I have very sensitive skin so thats saying something. Overall, very happy with my purchase.