Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my skin is just a tad tight after using this but the discomfort disappears really quickly. lathers really well, the scent is unobtrusive & "clean"-smelling. leaves my face feeling REALLY clean & smooth. i've been using this for a few days & i don't think i've ever felt my face this smooth. i'll definitely be buying this again.

ruff stuff !!! I honestly dont know how there can be so many good good reviews on this product here, but be very careful ! I dont have sensative skin, I use high retinol & glycolic acid products all the time.. with one use this product burned my skin . I knew something was wrong the minute it hit my face. every pore on my face was inflamed & raised and my face felt like sandpaper. 2 days later, after exfoliating the dead, burned skin from my face I can still feel the bumpy inflamed pores under my skin. I hope my skin comes back to normal soon...this is definitely patch test stuff...it's very caustic...my advise is very simple...** dont do it !! **

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product. i have very oily, acne-prone skin and a lot of products make me break out. I thought this one did for awhile and switched to Aveda, I kept breaking out so i stopped using the Aveda, and i still had some of this lying around, It helped clear up my skin. It has a nice texture (cream like) and the packaging is nice. However, i will still prob. try to find another product, since i still break out and would like to have more of a "glow" but this one cleans very well.

Yes, like the above reviews said....battery acid. I love the brand Neutrogena and have never in my life had a problem with any kind of cleanser. This stuff left the skin on my neck a flaky mess. I couldn't understand what was happening to my skin. I never suspected a cleanser could be the culprit. I came here to read the reviews just to see if anyone shared this experience. It appears to happen often. This stuff is harsh.

just a warning: i tried this product without performing an allergy skin spot test and paid the price in the end. i discovered that i was allergic to salicylic acid when this product literally left my face covered with red welts. i'm sure it's a fine product for those who can withstand the acid, but perform a test first!

This stuff is like battery acid. My skin had a rash for 7 days after encountering this. Neutrogena, never again.

I happen to like this one! I tried many different cleansers, and this one does it for me. I have a very clear complexion (normal/combination) so I don't need too much help, but I like the smell and how my skin feels after each wash, and it doesn't dry my skin out. I use the cream version.

The smell reminds me of fresh laundry, and is very refreshing. Winona Ryder is reportedly a fan of this product.

Sitting on the fence about this one. I used up the entire bottle and liked the smell alot, but towards the end of the bottle I started breaking out and the salicylic acid didn't do anything for me. I probably would not purchase this again, but it was useful while it lasted.

I bought this because I tried it at a friend's and I liked it. But now that I use it everyday, I don't find anything special about it. In fact, I have trouble washing this stuff off, even in the shower. Seems to leave a soapish film on my face. But I have noticed that I don't break out as much. Normally, with the kind of stress level I've been living with and amount of the chocolate I've eaten the last few weeks, I'd break out like crazy. But so far, I've only had 1 tiny little one. And the Neutragena cleaser is the only change in my regiment...so it must be doing some good.

i loved the way my skin felt the first time i used this: clean, fresh, and smooth. after a while though, it left me with a dry, flaky mess of a face. this is good for dissolving traces of makeup though.