Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 2/16/2004 1:43:00 AM

Sitting on the fence about this one. I used up the entire bottle and liked the smell alot, but towards the end of the bottle I started breaking out and the salicylic acid didn't do anything for me. I probably would not purchase this again, but it was useful while it lasted.

on 2/7/2004 7:31:00 PM

I bought this because I tried it at a friend's and I liked it. But now that I use it everyday, I don't find anything special about it. In fact, I have trouble washing this stuff off, even in the shower. Seems to leave a soapish film on my face. But I have noticed that I don't break out as much. Normally, with the kind of stress level I've been living with and amount of the chocolate I've eaten the last few weeks, I'd break out like crazy. But so far, I've only had 1 tiny little one. And the Neutragena cleaser is the only change in my regiment...so it must be doing some good.

on 2/6/2004 4:20:00 PM

i loved the way my skin felt the first time i used this: clean, fresh, and smooth. after a while though, it left me with a dry, flaky mess of a face. this is good for dissolving traces of makeup though.

on 1/25/2004 12:38:00 PM

It's just mediocre. I mean, I like the smell- it's nice- but there's nothing else too significant about it. I had a hard time making it foam, too, so I'm not very sure how much I like it, but it did get all my makeup off, so I'd be willing to buy this if I got sick of Purpose.

on 1/21/2004 11:36:00 PM

This cleanser improves my skin a lot. I used to have a ance-prone skin and redness problem. After using this stuff, my blemish problem disappears gradually ( maybe I use the right stuff). Very clean and smooth after cleansing, but a bit dry when I use it in winter. Worth a try.

on 12/26/2003 9:55:00 PM

It breaks me out =(
edit june/2006: but it really makes my skin glowing with such a freshness god really healthy looking skin and face and me maybe i'll try it again sometime or use it again edit 2: only tried it once or 2 x i was 16 years old.

on 12/26/2003 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works very well for controlling oil all day long, but as other reviewers have mentioned, it can get drying. My skin is fairly oily and acne-prone, and this cleanser seems to aggravate the acne factor. Previously, I was using an Oil of Olay sensitive skin cleanser which was not harsh enough on the oil, but it did not cause me to break out like Deep Clean does. It is fairly good at removing makeup except for the fact that it stings if it gets in your eyes.

In summary, I do not recommend this to anyone who has acne, but it will probably do wonders if you have clear yet very oily skin.

on 11/21/2003 10:33:00 PM

Deep Clean does what it says. Since I've been using this, my pores look much smaller and aren't clogged like before. I also get less blemishes. When I put this on, I can feel it working because it gives a cool sensation. It can be slightly drying, but it's not too bad.

on 10/23/2003 12:16:00 AM

This product was VERY harsh on my skin. My face was very dry after using it. It also caused the skin on my neck to break out in a horrible, itchy rash. I have tried many different cleansers and have never gotten an itchy rash from any of them. Absolutely awful. I will never ever buy this product again. In fact, I am very weary of all Neutrogena products now because of this cleanser.

on 10/8/2003 11:24:00 AM

Average, average to below average cleanser. Doesn't burn me, but a bit too strong. Feel like it actually makes my face produce more oil if I use it at night.... When I wake up I am greasier than I am when I use Yonka skin cleansing gel. And my face never feal "clean" or like this got everything off of it. NOTE: I called the 800# on the bottle for this and logged a complaint that this product is not effective. They sent me $6 back for the product - this makes me think they've got lots of complaints.