Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of frosty AND shimmery shadows and Nutty is definitely one of those. It will be hard for me to use this on a daily basis, which was what I was looking for. So just a little disappointed, but it's still a great shadow- very pigmented and I will probably use it for some semi formal event.

on 5/29/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It's a beautiful neutral taupe. I would've given it 5 lippies, but there is a little bit of fallout, which is something that's common with most/all of wnw's e/s. This is an amazing deal though ($2). You really can't beat that price.

Full Size Image

on 5/26/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wanted to like this so much. In the pan it was a soft frosty taupe. But once applied it turned in to a silvery frosty mess on my NC45-50 skin, no taupe to be found. And it also creased even when using it on top of a primer. Very disappointed.

on 5/24/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I take it back. Originally I said I found this product underwhelming, but that's b/c I applied it by itself w/o a primer. Like this, on me, it doesnt really show up. But with a primer it applies so smoothly and is such a great everyday color! I think it will bring out any eyecolor. Especially lighter eye colors (blues and greens). I bought a backup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice neutral shimmer. I'm constantly on the search for a great neutral taupe shade (I'm light blonde with fair skin and blue eyes) and to think I found it for $1.99! This has become a daily staple!

on 5/19/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this based on the glowing reviews here, expecting a lighter Satin Taupe. This is nothing like ST; despite its plummy appearance in the pan, it wears a soft bronzy color (NC20 brunette). It does have a lovely texture and applies well; only the color was a disappointment. No cool tones at all here. Got this BOGOF so I can hardly complain but it prob won't get much use. Actually it is exactly as Nutty would suggest; a mild almond color. EDIT 8/15/10: This is very similar on me to Stila Grace which is $18 as opposed to the .99 I paid for this. Using it almost every day now; loving it.

on 5/16/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, this is comparable to satin taupe but not at all the same. satin taupe is darker with less shimmer I think. I cant decide which one I like better. so ill have both!

on 5/15/2010 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nutty is very similar to MAC satin taupe. If I were to point out differences, I would say satin taupe is slightly darker and has more of a plum undertone, and nutty is slightly warmer with more browns in it. I really enjoy using Nutty as an all over wash, it really adds a beautiful sheen to the lids. It is also beautiful as a blending color in the crease on a dark smokey eye. The formula is very soft, and mine is starting to crumble apart on the edges..... :(

on 5/12/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Are you kidding me?!? My new HG shadow costs $1.99??? I can't thank you MUAers enough for steering me toward this spectacular find! I am a fair-skinned gal with very deep-set, vivid blue eyes. I love the way taupe brings out the color of my eyes, but most taupes end up accentuating the brown shadows of my eye sockets, I had a taupe shadow in college that was my HG but was, alas, discontinued years ago. Since then, I've been on a taupe quest. Many fell into the good category. This one is fantastic!

on 5/11/2010 5:31:00 PM

When I saw an MUA image of this beside MAC's Prepped for Glamour, I was instantly intrigued. I've had good luck with Wet n Wild shadows, but didn't know they'd recently introduced a new line of singles. Immediately, I rushed out to pick this up, and was delighted at the $2 price tag. I knew if I didn't like it, it was only $2, and considering the rave reviews, it wouldn't be hard to unload on someone else who would appreciate it. I was happy to discover this was everything I'd hoped; it is the most stunning taupe I've seen to date - that complex mixture of soft brown and a tinge of gray, with just a hint of shimmer - and coming from a taupe-obsessed girl, that's saying something. The pigmentation is divine - it's no less pigmented than any of my Dior shadows, and is as buttery as LORAC. I am so in love with this color I am tempted to buy several. If you can get your hands on this, do!