April 24, 2014 | 1803 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 4:51:00 AM More reviews by xxlilyxx

Mary-Lou Manizer is a wonderful highlighter and also eyeshadow. I gave the price a rating of 3, because although the size of the product is massive, I bought it half price. The price I paid ($15AUD) would rate a 2, whereas it's original price ($30AUD) would rate a 3.

The packaging is cute, functional, quality and generous. It has a mirror on the inside which is endlessly useful, and although this has been opened and closed many times, the hinge is still going strong.

I would definitely buy this again, although I don't think I will ever run out of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

beautiful. i'm very into highlighters, both of the liquid and powder variety, and this one is particularly soft and well-pigmented. a nice neutral champ without leaning too heavily into gold territory, yet still imparts a flattering warmth. (i am quite pale and if i apply it heavily, it can look a tad darker than my skintone but with normal application, this wouldn't happen and it is easily blended out either way). no large sparkle particles. a nice fine sheen which can easily achieve a high shine. in that respect, it doubles well as a shadow/lower inner lid highlight.

i'd given a couple other ds powders a go before this- namely the elf gotta glow and revlon brighten, both of which are hard and have a rather inelegant application/feel. they were also chalkier/cooler and not nearly as flattering. thebalm got it right with this product; the quality is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent highlighter. The neutral beige champagne tone is far more flattering then all these ghostly whites, pinks, golds on the market. Has a good amount of staying power, nice consistency, I use it sparingly-it has very shiny shimmers that can go wrong quickly-though even just a touch makes a world of difference. Good value, this will last a long time.Yea!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am always in love with cute packaging and interesting product names and thebalm really does me follow them and buy each product they sell on the market.

As you may have noted packaging shows a glam pin-up demure style of Mary-Lou. The description of the powder itself make me instantly fall in love with its unique packaging

On the other side;

This luminizer is not the best luminizer for olive skin, tanned skin or darker skins. Since it is on the light beige sparkle side. This very light beige sparkle may create a disco effect !!

However;
For me this is the best eyeshadow for my under eyebrows. It is very lasting and never falls out even without a primer. Pops my eyes and make my eyes look brighter

Overall, if you’re just a big lover of cute and uniqe packaging You should haul this for yourself. As I have mentioned above this is really a beautiful eyeshadow and under eyebrows but not as a highlighting powder. For a subtle look, you may try silk naturals' tempt tryst or date bait

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by vmaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I loveloveLOVE this. I actually only picked it up at my local Rexall because it was 50% off (a rare deal indeed) and was surprised by how much I love it. It truly multitasks, being a lovely eye-opening colour on the browbone, an glowy goldish white on the lid, and a great highlight. Extremely pigments and shimmery, but not so much that it looks tacky on my pale skin. It adds definition to my non-existent cheekbones and illuminate my face. The size is ridiculous - a whole pot thing that I doubt will ever use up under 3 years. The packaging is adorable and convenient. The price is a little steep, but well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by littlemissshe

Short blurb about me: 24yr old light-yellowish skin-toned Asian lady with G-R-E-A-S-Y skin; yes the general concensus is that the last thing I need is a highlighter. My skin has a built in highlighter, thanks to all that grease that shouts LOOK MA, PORES!

So I don't know what made me even contemplate swatching this compact. But I did; and I couldn't put it down. The texture was so lovely; almost like a creamy power, and the complex champagne colour universally flattering; it wasn't too frosty or too chunky or glittery (I hate glitter). I swatched it next to the MAC MSF's high-lighter side and it made MAC's reek of obscene flecks of glitter. This is not to say that Mary-Lou is glitter free (what highlighter is anyway?) but she certainly carries off glitter well, melding it subtly into the creamy champagne wash of colour so that the overall look is more pearly then shimmery.

I use it on the outer 1/2 of my cheekbones to avoid accentuating my pores and it did such a fab job of making my skin come alive; I never did believe that oily gals can use high-lighters, but there you go, if you choose the right formula and apply it on the right areas, even we can look gorgeous :)
I really love it as an all-over eyeshadow too. I think I've finally found my "go to" all-over lid colour.

Ladies, I'm not saying you'll fall in love with this as we all did but do swatch it and give Mary-Lou a chance, maybe she'll steal your heart as she did mine.

38 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by locogurl907

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So i was eyeing this for a while, then i splurged and bought it at sephora.com....well this is super pigmented and very very very shimmer/glittery i really liked it but.. you get so much product that i knew i would NEVER use it up in a decade...however i was torn because i wanted it but at the same time just didnt want .. so much of it.. plus when i gently swept it over my forehead it made my very un noticable pores... well it made them center stage and look huge.. SO when i noticed they had this is the BAMBINI set i was sooo happy.. just an eyeshadow size worth of it along with some other really great products!!!!so back to sephora the full size went.. but still this has to be used w/ a really light hand or it DOES ENLARGE pores .. im talking pores you didnt know you had will look like holes in your face... other than that its great shimmer. im a glitter addict so yah

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by pineappleremix

I love this! It is honestly a great product also really versatile. It can be used as a shadow and a highlighter. Only thing is that it is exctremely pigmented, like they say a little goes a long way :) Oh! And not only do you get 8.5g but the cuttest packaging. Soo worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by s2dreamer

I have been lemming this highlighter for EVER because of the cute packaging and multipurpose use of the product. I was pleased to find it for 50% off at Kit cosmetics! You get this huge pan with 8.5g of product in a round compact and a nice big mirror inside.

The product is amazing. A problem I'm having with highlighters is they are so subtle that I can't see the effect while putting it on...this one has sooo much pigment that you only need a little to go a long way! It's a very shimmery champagne colour that you can apply on cheeks and browbone, and use as an eyeshadow as well. This is probably the best highlighter I own...however the shimmer particles can be a little large for those who don't like looking "too glittery" so the trick is to blend blend blend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by caramelblonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG highlighter! I'm a huge fan of the supermodel glowy look in magazines. And of course, they're all edited images, but this highlighter gives you a similar look. I have NC20ish skintone and this shimmery, but not glittery pressed powder gives me a golden glow.
I use a skunk brush on forehead, cheeks, nosebridge, and chin and tada! My face looks so less dull and so much alive.
I can't compare it to NARS Albatross, because I haven't seen it in person, but in pictures it looks close. Mary-Lou Manizer is more champagne toned than gold, so it doesn't look fake or yellow.
Compared to MAC Vanilla pigment which I've tried to use as highlighter, Vanilla is more yellow and had bigger shimmer particles.
I love this product!