August 22, 2014 | 1936 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by pearlstuds

For some reason, I had a really good memory about this mascara. I like a dramatic lash for every day and thought this could help me get that look. It definitely darkens and thickens lashes, but it also clumped and flaked for me. It doesn't smudge, which is the worst thing I think a mascara can do during the day, but, ultimately, this mascara is "just OK." It's not terrible and it does work effectively, but it is far from perfect. Maybelline Full N' Soft is a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, no smudging all day long, no clumps, goes on very smooth, brush is great for applying to lower lashes as well. Both lengthening and volumizing. One of the best mascaras I've tried. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by creedmah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the previous reviewer, the pink tube caught my eye. I had good luck with the CG Professional mascara in that it didn't smudge on me, but it also didn't do a lot for my lashes other than darkening them a bit and defining them.

At first, the Super Thick Lash didn't seem to thicken my lashes that much. But after a few days, it seemed to work better. I find that I have to use new mascara a couple of days for the wand to start picking up the mascara in the tube.

It may become my go-to mascara because it hardly smudges. The test will be when the hot and humid weather comes along. Most mascaras smudge on me. I love DiorShow, but it smudges. And I've never had any luck with L'Oreal mascaras except for their new Double Extend mascara that creates tubes around your lashes. That one doesn't smudge, but I sometimes find it a pain to wash off, esp. on nights when I just want to use eye-makeup remover pads.

I also like the slightly retro packaging and the slimmer tube, which takes up less space in my makeup bag. Overall, I highly recommend this mascara for its price, non-smudge factor and thickening. It would be nice if it came in a wider range of colors, like dark blue or plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by linnylinhlin

I bought this product because I was out of mascara and this was the first that I picked up from a drug store. The reason it caught my eyes was the pink packaging that it was in. The mascara works quite well, 2 coats and it will define and thicken your lashes. The only bad thing would be how it doesn't come off when I use my makeup remover, instead I would have to use water to wash it out (only pain the butt part). Overall, good product and gives you nice coverage on your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by winddancer1323

Love this mascara. It's cheap and it works! It gives me such thick lashes. Doesn't do much for length, but it is a volumizing mascara. It's a little hard to find where I live though :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

this isnt a bad mascara, but it is a duplicitous one. namely, its called super thick lash, yet it did not thicken my lashes at all. it gave me great length and held the curl decently, but my lashes remained sadly skinny. just for comparison, i applied loreals voluminous in carbon black on the other eye, and the difference was noticeable.

cover girl, i want to love your mascaras, i really do, especially since i love all the commercials that the girls have to suffer through on ANTM, especially the ones where they have to fake speak a foreign language. brilliant! it doesnt make me want to run out and buy the product theyre pimping, but it does make me unreasonably happy. somehow i never really thought about how hard it is to smile, walk, talk, and apply lipgloss at the same time (i can usually do 3 out of 4 at the same time, on a good day, and only in english. sometimes korean. anyway.), but your products and tyra have taught me that it is very difficult.

tangent aside, cover girl, unless youre going to change the name of this mascara to "super skinny but really long lash," i cant give you anything higher than a 2 rating (1 for length, and 1 for connections to miss tyra, whom we all know will one day rule the world). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by suchaklutz

I absolutely love this mascara.
I like my eyelashes to look thicker, and this
is perfect for that. Black is the best color.
This mascara doesn't clump. If it starts to,
that usually means it's time for a new one.
One tube lasts me about a month, and I use it
everyday.
I would definitely recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AngeCS29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What can I say? This has been a slow love affair. I never realized how much I love this mascara until I tried others. It's perfect for me. I have kinda full lashes anyway, and this just amplifies them beautifully. I like my mascaras and wands to grab my lashes and this does just that. Gets right in there and applies the product. Nothing is better, not even Lash Blast.
Edit: I am on a new tube and the thing that stands out about this mascara is how natural the lashes look. They're never stiff and it NEVER clumps. Ever. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by erikaloren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a huge fan of YSL mascaras, but this is a great drug store substitute if you are short on money and still want great lashes..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

All in all, this is a good mascara. Since I've been using Bare Minerals, I've been trying to scrimp with other cosmetic products and buy cheap stuff (lol). Anyway I saw this at CVS for under two dollars and had to have it. It applies nicely, holds a curl and washes off well. Minimal clumping and lasts all day. Honestly, I love lash blast by cover girl but really don't see any difference between that and super thick lash. Would repurchase if I can get another good deal on it.