Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 7/22/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this mascara when I used to be able to find it...now I can only find it on ebay...anyway, it held curl moderately, volumized, and lengthened quite a bit. I did find that it dried out quickly. But for the price, the results were great.

on 7/19/2009 6:09:00 PM

This definately thickens, so I found out with this product that, that much thickening does not look good on me, it looks too harsh. But I'm sure it could be great for others.

on 7/10/2009 12:41:00 AM

cheap. smooth. volumizes. separates. What more would you want from a mascara?

on 6/29/2009 10:55:00 PM

LOVE this mascara!! I have used this product for years. I have strayed from it a number of times because of the claims all of the more expensive mascaras make. I am here to tell you, girls, there is nothing like this mascara out there and at a 10th of the price of the others! I am EXTREMELY oily and even though this product doesn't say it's waterproof, it doesn't budge all day and I don't need an act of God to remove it, it comes off easily with my purity face cleanser. As it is always at the bottom of the rest of the mascaras on the CG displays, I always fear it will be discontinued!

on 6/24/2009 3:33:00 PM

One of my major qualms about mascara are those that clump and with this one, there is absolutely none of it. I'm always on the look out for good mascaras and I must say this is one I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/13/2009 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have finally found a mascara that I am happy with! Although I have oily lids, I need to use a rich moisturizer for my dry skin, so even waterproof mascara usually smears and flakes on me after about 4 hours. This mascara really does last all day long without smears, and is still easy to remove at the end of the day. It goes on really well, and seems to curl my lashes automatically, giving lots of volume and thickness. The price is also great, and I am not too particular on what the packaging looks like, as long as the product works! I hope this mascara is never discontinued!

on 6/2/2009 9:32:00 PM

i'm kind of a mascara junkie, so i do have my fair share of mascara. this one doesn't give me insane volume, but it does make a nice difference. my lashes were lengthened and thickened just the right amount, and it doesn't clump. plus, it didn't come off or smudge even when i slept in it.
i took off a lippie because the formula began to change after i opened it. it takes longer to dry, and it did make some of my lashes stick together. not a whole lot, but i have to run the lash brush in some sections. either way, i would purchase it again, but just for layering over another mascara.

on 5/22/2009 2:28:00 PM

For some reason, I had a really good memory about this mascara. I like a dramatic lash for every day and thought this could help me get that look. It definitely darkens and thickens lashes, but it also clumped and flaked for me. It doesn't smudge, which is the worst thing I think a mascara can do during the day, but, ultimately, this mascara is "just OK." It's not terrible and it does work effectively, but it is far from perfect. Maybelline Full N' Soft is a better alternative.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great mascara, no smudging all day long, no clumps, goes on very smooth, brush is great for applying to lower lashes as well. Both lengthening and volumizing. One of the best mascaras I've tried. Would definitely buy again.

on 5/8/2009 11:28:00 PM

Like the previous reviewer, the pink tube caught my eye. I had good luck with the CG Professional mascara in that it didn't smudge on me, but it also didn't do a lot for my lashes other than darkening them a bit and defining them.

At first, the Super Thick Lash didn't seem to thicken my lashes that much. But after a few days, it seemed to work better. I find that I have to use new mascara a couple of days for the wand to start picking up the mascara in the tube.

It may become my go-to mascara because it hardly smudges. The test will be when the hot and humid weather comes along. Most mascaras smudge on me. I love DiorShow, but it smudges. And I've never had any luck with L'Oreal mascaras except for their new Double Extend mascara that creates tubes around your lashes. That one doesn't smudge, but I sometimes find it a pain to wash off, esp. on nights when I just want to use eye-makeup remover pads.

I also like the slightly retro packaging and the slimmer tube, which takes up less space in my makeup bag. Overall, I highly recommend this mascara for its price, non-smudge factor and thickening. It would be nice if it came in a wider range of colors, like dark blue or plum.