November 27, 2014 | 1481 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Another winner from ESSIE. It's streak-free and long-lasting. My nails look like they just got a manicure at a spa. I love this nude look for my nails -- just perfect for work and a night out. I got this from a mini set, but I will purchase a full size bottle once I run out of the mini one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful and clean. Someone commented on my French manicure today, but it was just 2 coats of Mademoiselle. It doesn't streak or look as "dry" as OPI's Bubble Bath, although they are pretty similar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Mademoiselle was okay (a little too milky for my taste) but for a YNBB look, I prefer OPI Privacy Please. It's not quite as pink and is more sheer, which works better with my skintone (olivey light-medium NC 20ish) and nails. I don't like milky nails. OPI also lasts longer and applies better. I thought I was crazy but I notice that others have mentioned how thin Essie polishes are. This makes application a little trickier, IMO. I love Essie's bottle design though. Just love it! Anyway, Mademoiselle is not a bad color, it's just not the only YNBB polish out there and I guess I really do prefer OPI's formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by burk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It is a perfect, sheer pale pink neutral that perfectly evens out my nails. It is a wonderful YNBB color. I am very pale and if I had to choose just one nail polish, this might be the one. (This, or OPI's Passion, which is similar.) It is perfect for work, perfect for my upcoming bridal showers... well it's just perfect for me. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just looks like you have naturally gorgeous nails. If you're looking for a sheer neutral pink, you should try this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about this being suitable for every skintone. I'm warm, tan, brown eyes, almost black hair. It was nothing more than clear on me. I RAOKed it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Starfie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this pink!! It is light and feminine and just makes me feel pretty. I always pick this color when getting a french. In my opinion, this is the perfect pink for nails. It's very natural and complements my skin nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jypraps

This is my new HG nail polish. It is the most natural soft pink shade available. The polish itself is so smooth and doesn't streak which is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dlmslp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Essie Mademoiselle is great for a french manicure or pedicure. It doesn't streak and makes nails look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just adding to the raves for this one. I put off buying this for a long time because in the bottle, it looks like a cool, opaque pink. I caved in after reading the reviews here. This is perfect YNBB shade. It hides any imperfections in my nails and evens out my nail tone, but still looks natural. Perfect for when you don't have a lot of time, but want your nails to look finished. UPDATE: I've discovered that this color makes a great "foundation" for your nails before applying other sheer shades. My other sheers look so much better over a coat of Mademoiselle than they do when I just apply the color over my basecoat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Mommy22lilones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry to drag down the party... I bought this after seeing raves for it in a magazine. It looks like my nails, only more boring. If I'm going to go to the trouble of doing a manicure or pedicure, I'd like to see my polish! It might be good for a French mani, but I don't ever do those.