Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 10/30/2006 3:38:00 PM

I wore this on my wedding day and it was perfect. It really is the best nude/pink that I have found. It goes on so easily too. It maches my pale skin and doesn't make me look washed out. I love this color!

on 10/24/2006 12:53:00 AM

Very sheer, milky color with the faintest touch of pink. Has a great shine and no shimmer at all. The texture is really watery, but somehow this doesn't streak at all. It took about two manis to figure out how to use this without having polish pool up at the sides of my nails--wipe, wipe, wipe that brush off after each dip. Apply two sheer coats and you get a lovely, understated color. Too much and it looks like you need iron supplements. This polish lasted about three or four days on me without incident (or top coat), then began peeling from the edges. Blech--will try with top coat next time. Love Essie's packaging, chic and easy to store. I am surprised this color works for me as this line of polishes tends to be difficult for me to work with.

on 10/1/2006 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice pale pink, but I think this shade might be either too light or not sheer enough for me though - it just looks kind of milky (I used two coats). I used this on toes just now and I think it looks a bit off. I think I do better in deeper shades. Same great Essie packaging and formula though. These polishes are so long-lasting and glossy! I will not repurchase this shade, but will try other Essie polishes.

on 9/22/2006 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like Mademoiselle, I really do. I just don't get the hype surrounding it. It's a really pretty color, a neutral pink/clear that just makes your nails look nice, polished, and put together. It's a cooler-toned pink, but I don't think this color could look bad on anyone.

on 9/12/2006 2:14:00 PM

I don't actually own this, because I always get my nails done at the salon. However, this is what I get on my nails 90% of the time- definitely my HG manicure color. A nice pale pink color that leaves my nails looking clean and professional. Love it!

on 8/21/2006 11:07:00 AM

This is the only nailpolish I have ever completely finished a bottle of! The same day, I purchased another bottle. It is the perfect, no-fuss, nails look lovely and groomed, long-lasting nailpolish I have ever used!

on 8/21/2006 8:50:00 AM

My HG sheer pink nail polish! I've used it for about a year now and it's a staple in my home-manicure routine. One fashion magazine I read called it "pink mixed with clear" - and that's what it is. Just enough pink and shine to give my nails a healthy, natural tint. I do agree that it is too sheer for toes - perfect for natural, groomed hands. I recently refered a friend to this color and she loved it; interestingly enough, the color had a soft and pretty beige-pink tint against her olive skin. Staying power is awesome, too. After reading some reviews on MUA, I started using Essie Marshmallow (a sheer white) for my nail tips, followed by two coats of Mademoiselle. Talk about YNBB! My nails look done without that obvious "white-out" effect of a standard french manicure. (Thanks to MUA members for recommending this combination!)

on 6/27/2006 3:28:00 PM

This is the only nail polish I've ever fully used up. I absolutely adore this color and the classy look it imparts. It does take a couple of coats to see the pink on me, so I can see why it might seem clear on other people. It's perfect for a french manicure; I often alternate using this or Adore-A-Ball with Essie Blanc.

on 6/19/2006 12:19:00 AM

Another winner from ESSIE. It's streak-free and long-lasting. My nails look like they just got a manicure at a spa. I love this nude look for my nails -- just perfect for work and a night out. I got this from a mini set, but I will purchase a full size bottle once I run out of the mini one.

on 6/15/2006 11:19:00 PM

Beautiful and clean. Someone commented on my French manicure today, but it was just 2 coats of Mademoiselle. It doesn't streak or look as "dry" as OPI's Bubble Bath, although they are pretty similar.

Popular Polishes