November 21, 2014 | 1921 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My hair has never felt so soft & silky! I have platinum blonde highlights on my naturally dark hair so you can imagine the damage the bleach causes, not to mention the amount of times I change my hair color =( And without this stuff, my hair looks frizzy & dry but with just a lil Moroccan Oil my hair looks so healthy! And I'm so happy it's sold @ Target now so it's super easy for me to find when I run out =) But you can also find the dupe of this @ Sally's Beauty called One N Only Argan oil for $10 and I heard it's just as good (almost the exact same ingredients!) P.S. You definitely need a good clarifying or purifying shampoo to remove product build up. Ironically the back of the Morrocan oil box guarantee's no build up?!? What a load of crap! This oil weighed down my hair a lot & I needed to get Pureology Clarifying shampoo to remove all the build up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tiffany0794

I think that this product did make my hair healthier. However, it has not solved my dry ends. If I skip a day or two, my hair just goes back to it's damaged self. So obviously, this product is not a full-proof solution, it's just a temporary one. But it has been benefiting my hair more significantly compared to any masks I have tried. Hair masks for me, are also very temporary. So if I wanted to stick with this product, I would have to continue purchasing. It's definitely not a product that can erase all my problems after one or two bottles, which I find is a big disappointment and a way for the company to keep on earning money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love so much about this product! It makes my hair very shiny and soft. Not only that, it smells amazing. My boyfriend even commented that my hair smelled good and he rarely notices things like that! The only thing is that it's a bit spendy, I actually got it as a present from my mom and that's how I found this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried it on dry hair, damp hair, wet hair, before washing, after washing and both, tried one tiny drop and tried a handful - it's just a mediocre silicone serum with a whiff of argan oil in it. The color doesn't even come from the oil, it's artificial coloring, basically. It's overhyped to say the least. The shine is just mediocre, I get more from the Garnier sprays that come for $3 in 150 ml bottles. Moroccan oil does nothing, absolutely nothing THAT special. I get 1000x better results from Tigi Dream Drops, Shiny Happy People, Shine Blaster or Kerastase Lumiere and Chroma Riche, which all come in LARGE bottles and 1/2 price of Moroccan stuff and are way easier to use, less buildup (Moroccan builds up on hair like craaaazy), no dirty hair effect when OD and the shine is beautiful, they also don't pretend to be some exotic natural oil. Me isn't getting all the raves on Moroccan at all, but each hair is different or maybe people like the scent, which is pretty nice, but the only good thing about this hair serum.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Moroccan Oil! I tried it out a few times before buying it and knew I had to have a bottle of my own. I paid $41 (Canadian) for a 100ml bottle - and to my surprise, there was a pump inside the box! Awesome for home, and I still have the cap for travel. I can see why some people wouldn't like this product, but it all depends on your hair, so test it out first if you can. It makes my hair feel super light and soft, and looks really shiny. Love it! Don't want to live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

This product makes wonder in my hair!
My hair are coarse and frizzy and everything.
Moroccan Oil dry my hair faster and also, they are less over the place/unmanageable !
When I don't use it, I can totally see the difference. My hair are way curly and frizzy!
I would like a packaging with a pump since it can be messy without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by TPoland25

I have been using this oil for my hair over the past two years and I absolutly love it. It is a must have in my hair routine! I put it on before I blow dry when its damp and after I blow dry before styling. I do have thicker hair so people with a fine hair type would want to go with just before blow drying.
I love the new packaging too because they now come in pumps! Plus amazing smell. I use all the moroccan oil products and I will never go back to anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by kpalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

MUST BUY - regardless of your budget. Save up if you have to!
This is an amazing hair serum that is leagues ahead of any other product. You will notice a change in your hair so quickly. It is nice in wet or dry hair. The smell is fantastic.
The packaging isn't great though - it doesn't have a pour stop so sometimes you pour too much but my hair dresser said to just dump the extras back in immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

I have thick, very dry and dehydrated, black hair which is annoying as hair maintenance isn't my thing. Since I started using Morrocanoil (a couple of months) my hair so much more manageable. I use a couple of drops on my damped hair. Sometimes I blow dry and most of the time I just air dry my hair. A little goes a long way with this product. If you're noticing that your hair is oily then you've over done it. I apply more at the ends of my hair which tend to more frizzy and dry. My hair seriously feels and look so soft and shiny! I sometimes put a tiny tiny bit after styling my hair just for shine. It is pricey (close to $50CAD, don't really remember) for the big bottle (on the pic) but honestly this would last a looong time because you don't need a whole lot of product. When I first sampled this with the really small bottle, it lasted me 2 months. I suspect the bigger bottle will last 6-8 months and that's with my thick hair! Mine, came with a pump...not sure if others did as I did see complaints about the bottling. And as for the scent...I don't think I need to stress how lovely it smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the way this stuff made my hair feel immediately after using it (wonderful and soft and smooth), and, as has been previously stated, it smells AMAZING. The smell stays in my hair too, which is nice, especially when I wear my hair down. Because my hair is pretty coarse, the smoothing benefits of Moroccan Oil is super awesome.

All of that being said, I only KIND of like this stuff. Although it smells lovely and leaves my hair feeling soft right after using it, it is really easy to overdo it with this product, leaving my hair greasy looking and weighed down. Not such a good look. Moroccan Oil also doesn't really have any long-term benefits for your hair, it just kind of sits on the surface, making it look and smell really nice for just short while.

I should also mention that this stuff has a tendency to stay in my hair like no other! Even as I'm washing my hair, I can feel the oily residue the Moroccan Oil leaves behind, which seems like kind of a no-brainer, but it bothered me quite a bit. I hate feeling like I can't get my hair 100% clean.

I also suspect that Moroccan Oil is giving me breakouts on my shoulders (just around where my hair hits,) and my neck. Gross! No matter- I had been using it everyday when I noticed the breakouts, and I've since cut back on my usage, but it still sucked.

Overall, I'm kind of on the fence about Moroccan Oil. I really like the short term benefits, but I think I'd use it more as a "special occasion" type product. I might repurchase, but I don't see a need for that any time in the near future.