August 1, 2014 | 1032 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

I have thick, very dry and dehydrated, black hair which is annoying as hair maintenance isn't my thing. Since I started using Morrocanoil (a couple of months) my hair so much more manageable. I use a couple of drops on my damped hair. Sometimes I blow dry and most of the time I just air dry my hair. A little goes a long way with this product. If you're noticing that your hair is oily then you've over done it. I apply more at the ends of my hair which tend to more frizzy and dry. My hair seriously feels and look so soft and shiny! I sometimes put a tiny tiny bit after styling my hair just for shine. It is pricey (close to $50CAD, don't really remember) for the big bottle (on the pic) but honestly this would last a looong time because you don't need a whole lot of product. When I first sampled this with the really small bottle, it lasted me 2 months. I suspect the bigger bottle will last 6-8 months and that's with my thick hair! Mine, came with a pump...not sure if others did as I did see complaints about the bottling. And as for the scent...I don't think I need to stress how lovely it smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the way this stuff made my hair feel immediately after using it (wonderful and soft and smooth), and, as has been previously stated, it smells AMAZING. The smell stays in my hair too, which is nice, especially when I wear my hair down. Because my hair is pretty coarse, the smoothing benefits of Moroccan Oil is super awesome.

All of that being said, I only KIND of like this stuff. Although it smells lovely and leaves my hair feeling soft right after using it, it is really easy to overdo it with this product, leaving my hair greasy looking and weighed down. Not such a good look. Moroccan Oil also doesn't really have any long-term benefits for your hair, it just kind of sits on the surface, making it look and smell really nice for just short while.

I should also mention that this stuff has a tendency to stay in my hair like no other! Even as I'm washing my hair, I can feel the oily residue the Moroccan Oil leaves behind, which seems like kind of a no-brainer, but it bothered me quite a bit. I hate feeling like I can't get my hair 100% clean.

I also suspect that Moroccan Oil is giving me breakouts on my shoulders (just around where my hair hits,) and my neck. Gross! No matter- I had been using it everyday when I noticed the breakouts, and I've since cut back on my usage, but it still sucked.

Overall, I'm kind of on the fence about Moroccan Oil. I really like the short term benefits, but I think I'd use it more as a "special occasion" type product. I might repurchase, but I don't see a need for that any time in the near future.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry, fried hair. I loved this the first time I tried it - and it was pushed by my hairdresser as a miracle treatment. I fell for it. As my hair is fine, I only used a tiny bit.
1) Acne on face
2) Acne on neck
3) BACKNE
(Painful, pustular kind - ew!)
as I'm nearly 40 and have never had issues like this before, I thought I'd give it a break, and re-test after the spots had cleared.
Back with a vengeance!!!
Plus, I suspect it just coats the hair, letting the shaft dry further. I found my hair was in worse condition as a result.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by alyssajeanine05

Seeing as my hair is really frizzy, and using so much heat can make it look lifeless and dry, this stuff works amazing. I first discovered it when my hair stylest put it in my hair and I saw a major difference! It makes your hair look soooo shiny & it helps smooth out frizzies. I use this when my hair is damp & after I style my hair for the day. Best stuff ever. Although it is exspensive, but it's worth the price. The bottle is convienant and easy to use and forewarning: a little goes a LONG way with this product. I heard the company just came out with a shampoo and conditioner to go with this. That i'll be trying soon too, because this stuff is my life saver:)
BTW if you have really oily hair already then try to stay away from the roots. I don't have a problem with oil, but my friend does and she realized she can't put it in her roots.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by erica420

I'm not sure what's up with the pic, but I used the treatment, and I LOVE IT. NO silicone in it which doesnt weight down your hair and make it look gross. It really does repair your hair, and makes it dry faster which is a plus sincemy thick asian hair takes forever to air dry. Recommend for dark medium hair. I'm not too sure how this would work on fine blond hair, but they do have a formula for blondes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by 7thfly

This costs a horrendous 45 or something in the UK! I would stick to buying John Frieda frizz ease serum (think thats what it's called).

This is very heavy, even in the light version. So if you have thin hair limit how much you use, and give it time to sink in.

Personally I like to use this as a night treatment and put loads on. But damn, this stuff is like liquid gold! Oh well, I will not re-purchase, I prefer organic argan oil

OH and the packaging is rubbish :) nice glass bottle but tacky graphics, font etc. and some of it is pixelated and not really easy to read

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sillywilly87

I looooove this. I have thick, frizzy, curly hair and i out this in after i get out of the shower and all the frizz is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

CHI SIlk Infusion, but an amped up version. The ingredients are almost exactly the same, however there are a few differences, Argan Oil>Silk Protein being one of them. This stuff smells great, and leaves my 6x bleached hair soft and manageable. Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by cassiecate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What I don't like about the packaging is this: it should have a stopper or some sort of flow-control. Also, it's in a fragile glass bottle.

I've used the One n' Only and honestly I can't tell the difference.

I like the fragrance but I don't think it's that different from the On'O.

Good stuff. Makes my hair look great after straightening, just a little on the ends and I get smooth, "just done"-looking hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by BlytheCW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Big fan of this. Pricey, but smells and feels great, and helps with the frizz without feeling greasy.