Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 7/7/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought into the hype and tried this, despite the ridiculous price tag. I guess I am in the minority, but I found the smell to be very strong and offensive. And it lingers all day long. But I thought that I could deal with the smell if the benefits were as amazing as claimed. I found that this seems to work well at first, but then built up over time and made my hair worse than before. And I had to be careful how much I used because it could make my hair flat and greasy.

I recently found Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Oil (it also contains argan oil). It smooths, adds shine, conditions, protects and reduces drying time (all at a much more reasonable price). It truly is an amazing product. If you were less than thrilled with Moroccan Oil, give Joico a try.

on 7/5/2011 6:16:00 PM

expensive but last's forever! a little goes a long way and it does help. shouldnt leave hair sticky etc if correct amount is used. My only gripe is having to pour the oil into my hand, would be easier if it had a pump. Maybe they're ment to come with a pump? Mine didn't.

This product was alright. I have bleached hair, so it's pretty damaged but not horrible. I use this and it does make a difference but at the same time it's hard to blow dry or style with this in my hair because my hair gets hard and sticky at the ends. I'm guessing it's from the heat of the blowdryer.

I don't know if other people have problems with this. I know it's from this because this is the only thing in my routine that has changed. I've tried using less of the product but it's still the same. Once my hair air dries it's fine, but it's still aggravating. I'm guessing this product just leaves buildup.

I find jojoba oil to be really good for my hair and it's for a quarter of the price.

on 6/26/2011 4:30:00 PM

Who would believe that this stuff would work on fine, moderately thin hair. Well, it does. I use a pea sized amount, and work it in to my shoulder length hair, but not the scalp. It adds shine and maneageablilty. I think I will never be without this product. It lasts forever.

on 6/24/2011 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE Moroccan Oil! I use this on my hair every single day. The smell is amazing and it makes my hair shiny, silky and smooth (which is quite the feat for my unruly horse hair). A little bit goes a long way. To avoid oily-ness it should be used only on wet hair and only about a dime size amount.

on 6/24/2011 2:32:00 PM

Would I buy this again...nope. I bought it to help rehydrate and "heal" my super damaged long highlighted hair that I subjected to blow drying and flat ironing on a daily basis. At that point my hair was so damaged that I couldn't really tell if it was working or not. Fast forward 8 months, I cut all the damaged ends off and tried using this again. It turned my hair into a fluffy frizzy mess. I have wavy collarbone length hair that I let air dry. After putting this product in, the wave was almost totally gone and it had a cotton candy texture to it. No good. I'll be passing this along to my sister to see if it will work for her.

on 6/24/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I had a sample of this sent to me, and it is pretty much the best oil to use on my hair for de-frizzing, moisturizing and just general care. The ends of my hair were dry and constantly split before using this, however within a week, my hair was silky, smooth and most importantly not dry! I was so happy! My hair grew about half an inch when I used this for around a month. My hair usually NEVER grows. It doesn't budge an inch, even though my hair is in ok condition, and this product really helped me to have silkier, almost professional flowing hair! So tempted to buy more of this!!!

on 6/23/2011 3:17:00 PM

this product does wonders for my hair. it makes it so shiny and silky. i put it in m hair when it is damp. i wait around 10 minutes after i get out of the shower and run it through my hair i love this!

on 6/22/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This oil is very very thick for an oil. I put this in my hair when it's wet because it's too thick and oily to brush out in your hair when it's dry. This didn't really help my dry ends at all. It made them feel better, but didn't really 'treat' the problem at all. So now I use Macadamia nut oil which is much better and L'Oreal Absolut Repair serum which is perfect as well. I also want to try the Redken all soft Argan oil then I will pick one to use.

on 6/15/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first discovered this product when i was working at a hair salon.
It is very expensive but i think the performance of the product make's up for the eye watering price.
Moroccanoil is a treatment oil, it slowly repairs your hair's internal structure with continuous weekly use.
Apply an amount about the size of a 10p coin, depending on hair length to your mid lengths and end's as these area's of the hair will be the most damaged and either blow dry it into your hair is use as a finishing serum.
It has a lovely aroma and it's very concentrated so a little bit goes a long way.
The main ingredient is Argon oil which is a nut oil and is very good for your hair, but there has been debates about whether people that have nut allergies can use it.

Popular Hair Products