October 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by vlj1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, this is my absolute favorite mascara because it gives me the dramatic look with super long eyelashes! This is the best high end mascara that I have ever used!!! Nothing compares to this mascara. I think that this is definitely better than diorshow and other high end mascaras. It also curls your eyelashes giving it a more dramatic lifted appearance. I have never found anything that gives this look of beautiful, dramatic fake eyelashes!! I give it 5 stars. This is my hg mascara and I will wear this continuously and forever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If it were possible on MUA I would give this a 4.5 overall rating. Probably one of the best mascara's I've ever used. Damn expensive, but so worth it...or is it?

So after hearing nothing but good things about diorshow's latest mascara, and me being a mascara whore, i thought it would be a wise investment. I never really liked the "original" diorshow because it always seemed so dry, flakey stuck my lashes together etc. A certain youtuber did a great review, and her account is no longer up! too bad :( anyways. The brush is very unique. It spirals up, and has silicone bristles. It is a tad bit long, but I got used to it.

It comes out very nicely, with the right amount of resistance, taking off clumps. I never like to pump mascara. Just dries it out quicker, and puts more bacteria into the tube. The forumla is really interesting. Its wet, but not runny, and not too waxy either. Perfectly in between. I think it's the brush that does such a fantastic job at the curl and seperation (just nice, thick, long fluffy lashes) a bit more dramatic, but can still be worn during the day.

I wish it would hold the curl for longer, because my eyelash curler stopped working on me randomly one day. I thought that this would be a great "2-in-1" kinda product. It is, but it just doesnt last as long. But it's still fantastic!

My main problem with this is that I can even make 2 months with this. It dries out too quickly, creating "rectangle" lashes as I like to put it. Rather than thick at the root and thins out slowly like our natural lashes, I just get straight black rectangles due to the dryness. It's a shame really! So I thought that if i were to put in some clean fresh water like 2 drops it would help. By god it didn't. It became too watery, (my fault) and then it just clumped horribly. I'm not very good at this kinda "save your cosmetics before throwing it out" business.

Nevertheless, I love this mascara. Just so damn expensive, and doesn't have (for me at least) enough self life. Apparently it is shipped from France. I live in the West Coast. Therefore it takes longer to get to me, and the tube of mascara is probably drier that the ones delivered on the East Coast. Catch my drift? TRY IT. you'll absolutley love the way it looks. If you want to try it out first as a tester, try it at a department store, not Sephora. Sephora's mascara tubes are always so dry! You never get the real thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

This mascara is very expensive but so worth it! I love MaxFactor Masterpiece but the formula dries out too quickly so I need to change it every month, which is quite costly since it's about 13 here.

DiorShow Iconic is everything I wanted Masterpiece to be, it separates and plumps my lashes to make them look fuller - without clumping. It's terribly expensive, think around the 30 mark here in Ireland but one tube lasts about 3 months so you do the math (compared to buying Masterpiece x 3).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sirensandsailors

I like it, but I don't love it. I'll probably look for another mascara when I finish this up. The Sephora diagram showed this mascara as both volumizing and lengthening, that's why I bought it. It does lengthen my lashes, but there's nothing on the volumizing side. If I curl my eyelashes before putting this on, it holds the curl for hours. If I use it on its own, it doesn't help my lashes look any more curled. It is very long-lasting but also a PITA to remove! As I said, I just like it..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Lauralena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LURVES this!!! The closest I've come to "false eyelashes" in a mascara. First I curl my eyelashes with a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, then immediately apply this mascara (I use black). It is totally nongloppy and really holds the curl. I love the way it makes the lashes at my outer corners fan out!

For extra oomph, I apply regular Show in black to make my lashes thicker and stand out even more.

Yes, it's pricey, but it's worth it to me to have great doe eyes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by rubyrae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best mascara ever! Huge fabulous lashes - great brush - just wonderful. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by LucieFurr

This is hands down the best mascara ever. It took me a while to try this because I was so dearly in love with the original DiorShow but I am so glad I finally broke down and got this. I haven't so much noticed that it curls but it adds a truly amazing amount of length and definition, but the best part is that I can seriously pile this stuff on to get an ultra dramatic look yet it never looks like I am wearing a ton of mascara. No matter how much of this I apply it makes it look like I was blessed with naturally long perfect eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like this mascara at all because it seemed to always clump a lot when I applied it. But, I've found that wiping off the excess before applying it, keeps it from clumping. Now I'm a big fan. Goes on nice and dark and holds curl well. Doesn't smudge or flake at all. This is definitely my favorite of the Dior mascaras. I alternate between using this an LashBlast. Love them both.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly I expected to hate this brush. I bought the regular Diorshow after mistakenly ordering this from Sephora. I have had no luck with the plastic brushes (Rimmel) before and I thought the original Diorshow was what I was looking for.

This mascara is fantastic. It doesn't go on really thick but it makes my lashes longer, which is what I'm looking for in a mascara. My lashes are naturally dark, thick, and curly, so I was just looking for something to make them longer. No spidery, thick, clumpy lashes here! I was planning on giving this to my mom and keeping the diorshow, but no way. I have been looking for something like this since EL discontinued my Illusionist mascara! I would definitely buy this again. If it doesn't flake by the end of the day, this will be my HG mascara.

Dior better not discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Rugg006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this because I felt the plastic brush did not "pull" as much as the drugstore versions. Granted this is very expensive but it gives a very nice defining look (not great of voluminizing) but I would buy again.