December 21, 2014 | 1552 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I heard that it is good for foundation in Youtube so when I bought my first Fix Fluid I had to run to Target and buy this brush too!

It is so soft and dense but not too soft, very perfect to use for liquid foundation, it just buffs it away for an even look, no masky foundation face anymore!

I wouldn't buy this product again, maybe in a long time JUST BECAUSE IT IS SO WELL MADE!!! The handle and sturdy and very ergonomic, no slipping or slidding, it gives you complete control over your movements. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this brush. i never understood the hype about makeup brushes - especially after eyeballing the price of MAC and Clinique brushes. until i bought a nice eyeshadow brush and noticed a huge difference in application and softness.

a have all different brands of m/u brushes.. and quite a few Sonia Kashuk brushes - and am pretty impressed.

this brush is ridiculously soft - and makes buffing in powder or cream foundation a snap. also great to throw some color on my cheeks in a hurry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xAngelFluffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this brush for powder and powder foundation and for blush. its amazing, picks up product well. It doesn't shed when i wash it. its synthetic and so so soft. for the price, this brush is well worth it. the packaging is really good too. UPDATE! i see alot of ppl saying it takes FOREVER to dry, heres a tip, i use a hairdryer and move my fingers through the bristles, this helps it dry faster!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As always, Sonia Kashuk has made a brush with high end quality, at a (relatively) low end price. I use this brush with my Tarte cheek stains, and it gives a wonderfully subtle airbrushed finish. Also love the ergonomic handle and soft bristles. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cabrown19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Great Product!

It really applies your foundation fully and nicely. Picks up plenty of product and gives you an almost airbrush look. It's nice and soft...I mean SOFT.
Yeah, it's around $15 but MAC and other brands are FAR more expensive. You definitely get your money's worth

Also, I suggest checking out her other brushes. Many of them are of laos of great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I finally got this brush, and yes I like it! I haven't seen another like it from other brands. It's excellent for applying my liquid foundation, I think it's shaped better than a regular foundation brush. As well it doesn't absorb a lot of products, but instead buffs it into my skin. I also like the shape of the handle, it really fits into my hands. The packaging protects it well, but was a bit hard to open--oh well. Great all round!
A Few Weeks Later--I've gone back to using my Ecotools foundation brush for Foundation, since I found it gives a better finish and reaches small areas. But I still use this brush for cream blushes, and find that it is the best way to apply them and buff them into my skin. Better than fingers or skunk brush. Still love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great, great foundation brush. I get so many compliments on my foundation. I prefer it over my MAC 187 for liquids, actually. No shedding, the brush has held up beautifully in my bag. It's so soft ! I wouldn't buy this product again because I'll probably never have to repurchase !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush based on all the rave reviews and a month later went back and bought a second one. I use both daily, one for my foundation and the other for blush/highlighter.

I've used this brush with multiple foundations (I'm still searching for my HG): BE Matte, Diorskin Nude, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Nars Sheer Glow, DuWop Fountain of Youth, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich, MUFE HD, etc. It did a gorgeous job on all of them.

If you're considering using this brush for any reason, try it - it will probably do a great job!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've forgotten how utterly essential this thing is to my routine. It will blend out even the most garishly bright blush colors into beautiful, natural-looking washes (NARS Exhibit A is excellent with this), and it blends away the streakiest of foundation/powder application. When I initially purchased this, I was floored at how soft and dense the bristles were, and a tiny drawback of that is that it takes much longer to dry than my other brushes after washing. I really love the dense synthetic flat-top brush as a concept, and just wish Kashuk would come out with a larger version of this... I have not seen this shape of brush elsewhere, and if it exists, I bet it is much more expensive. I'm also a fan of the curvy handle shape-- not sure if it really helps me grip better, but I like to pretend it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by user71777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh, where has this brush been all my life? I'm currently using this brush to apply both powder and liquid foundations. When used with mineral or powder foundations, you will get fuller coverage, but you can blend it out to a more natural finish. With cream or liquid foundations, this brush allows you to use less product and buff it out really nicely. I like the fact that it is synthetic, relatively dense and has a flat top - all three features make it the perfect foundation brush.