August 20, 2014 | 1064 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush based on all the rave reviews and a month later went back and bought a second one. I use both daily, one for my foundation and the other for blush/highlighter.

I've used this brush with multiple foundations (I'm still searching for my HG): BE Matte, Diorskin Nude, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Nars Sheer Glow, DuWop Fountain of Youth, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich, MUFE HD, etc. It did a gorgeous job on all of them.

If you're considering using this brush for any reason, try it - it will probably do a great job!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've forgotten how utterly essential this thing is to my routine. It will blend out even the most garishly bright blush colors into beautiful, natural-looking washes (NARS Exhibit A is excellent with this), and it blends away the streakiest of foundation/powder application. When I initially purchased this, I was floored at how soft and dense the bristles were, and a tiny drawback of that is that it takes much longer to dry than my other brushes after washing. I really love the dense synthetic flat-top brush as a concept, and just wish Kashuk would come out with a larger version of this... I have not seen this shape of brush elsewhere, and if it exists, I bet it is much more expensive. I'm also a fan of the curvy handle shape-- not sure if it really helps me grip better, but I like to pretend it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by user71777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh, where has this brush been all my life? I'm currently using this brush to apply both powder and liquid foundations. When used with mineral or powder foundations, you will get fuller coverage, but you can blend it out to a more natural finish. With cream or liquid foundations, this brush allows you to use less product and buff it out really nicely. I like the fact that it is synthetic, relatively dense and has a flat top - all three features make it the perfect foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ltorres17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This iteams is a five star iteam. I love it if I could marry it and have little flat top babies I would. It works great at apllying foundation and also my cream blushes. For my foundation it blends it so well is like my second skin as well with the blush such a great blemd. Usually when I apply my cream blush I hesitant because I dont want to tlook like a clown but this gives a great and natural flush. I will definatly buy more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by steele801

This is the best brush EVER! I have actually never written a review before, but this brush is so great that I just had to. I use Bare Minerals foundation(the regular,not the matte) and this brush really makes the finish look Flawless! The bristles are much softer than the bare minerals brushes and it actually feels like a better quality brush! Save your money girls and go with this brush instead of the BM Kabuki brush-you'll save about $10 and be much happier with your end result.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush makes Revlon Colorstay look GOOD. (It doesn't stay that way all day, but that's the foundation's fault.) It buffs on liquid foundation so quickly and easily. I usually apply with this, then go over my face with a kabuki brush to really blend it in. I've also tried this with mineral foundation and cream blushes, and it works well for those too. The bristles are synthetic, so it doesn't suck up a bunch of product like natural bristles would.

Compared to the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki, this is more compact with shorter bristles. This makes it easier to blend around the nose and eyes, and better at blending thicker liquids (though I love the EDM brush for mineral foundation).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by annersz

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! buffs me a flawless face with my studio fix fluid! , looks amazing using mineral foundation as well (bare minerals). This brush is soo soft and dense but after a week you can feel the density kinda soften up a little bit. but no matter what i love this brush. I would really repurchase as many as possible. I carry this in my makeupbag all the time. this brush is sooo wonderful! I dont know whatelse to say but BUY IT!. I LOVEEEEE THIS BRUSH, and i prefer this brush over mac brushes forrreallsss! BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH EVER MADE, i am in love. this is the highest rating i ever gave anything!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i bought this when i first started wearing mineral makeup and i love it. easy application. i can control how much powder i put on. the brush is dense and i never experience in shedding. i can buff my powder in and it glides over skin for easy application. i don't use this for blush. i prefer another brush. if you are heavy handed you can end up with too much powder on your face but the brush itself is a charm and a very good value!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Macjunkie702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush works wonders with my foundation. I saw the Kim kardashian makeup tutorial on you tube and they had the 180 flat brush (discontinued) and was going to purchase it on ebay but it was 45 bucks. I was at Target and happened to see this flat top brush thats similar to the 180 and way cheaper, been using it ever since...LOVE IT! would recoment to go out there and get it leaves no strikes... was using the 188 ... preffer the sonia Kashuk flat brush ...way better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Pretty good for applying mineral foundation, although it is meant to be a blusher brush. I wish they would come out with a larger one for mineral makeup application. Pretty expensive for a DS brush. Packaging was very wasteful and not very eco friendly being a large plastic box that does not work to store the brush in so ended up in the garbage.