November 24, 2014 | 1359 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As always, Sonia Kashuk has made a brush with high end quality, at a (relatively) low end price. I use this brush with my Tarte cheek stains, and it gives a wonderfully subtle airbrushed finish. Also love the ergonomic handle and soft bristles. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cabrown19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Great Product!

It really applies your foundation fully and nicely. Picks up plenty of product and gives you an almost airbrush look. It's nice and soft...I mean SOFT.
Yeah, it's around $15 but MAC and other brands are FAR more expensive. You definitely get your money's worth

Also, I suggest checking out her other brushes. Many of them are of laos of great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I finally got this brush, and yes I like it! I haven't seen another like it from other brands. It's excellent for applying my liquid foundation, I think it's shaped better than a regular foundation brush. As well it doesn't absorb a lot of products, but instead buffs it into my skin. I also like the shape of the handle, it really fits into my hands. The packaging protects it well, but was a bit hard to open--oh well. Great all round!
A Few Weeks Later--I've gone back to using my Ecotools foundation brush for Foundation, since I found it gives a better finish and reaches small areas. But I still use this brush for cream blushes, and find that it is the best way to apply them and buff them into my skin. Better than fingers or skunk brush. Still love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great, great foundation brush. I get so many compliments on my foundation. I prefer it over my MAC 187 for liquids, actually. No shedding, the brush has held up beautifully in my bag. It's so soft ! I wouldn't buy this product again because I'll probably never have to repurchase !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush based on all the rave reviews and a month later went back and bought a second one. I use both daily, one for my foundation and the other for blush/highlighter.

I've used this brush with multiple foundations (I'm still searching for my HG): BE Matte, Diorskin Nude, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Nars Sheer Glow, DuWop Fountain of Youth, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich, MUFE HD, etc. It did a gorgeous job on all of them.

If you're considering using this brush for any reason, try it - it will probably do a great job!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've forgotten how utterly essential this thing is to my routine. It will blend out even the most garishly bright blush colors into beautiful, natural-looking washes (NARS Exhibit A is excellent with this), and it blends away the streakiest of foundation/powder application. When I initially purchased this, I was floored at how soft and dense the bristles were, and a tiny drawback of that is that it takes much longer to dry than my other brushes after washing. I really love the dense synthetic flat-top brush as a concept, and just wish Kashuk would come out with a larger version of this... I have not seen this shape of brush elsewhere, and if it exists, I bet it is much more expensive. I'm also a fan of the curvy handle shape-- not sure if it really helps me grip better, but I like to pretend it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by user71777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my gosh, where has this brush been all my life? I'm currently using this brush to apply both powder and liquid foundations. When used with mineral or powder foundations, you will get fuller coverage, but you can blend it out to a more natural finish. With cream or liquid foundations, this brush allows you to use less product and buff it out really nicely. I like the fact that it is synthetic, relatively dense and has a flat top - all three features make it the perfect foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ltorres17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This iteams is a five star iteam. I love it if I could marry it and have little flat top babies I would. It works great at apllying foundation and also my cream blushes. For my foundation it blends it so well is like my second skin as well with the blush such a great blemd. Usually when I apply my cream blush I hesitant because I dont want to tlook like a clown but this gives a great and natural flush. I will definatly buy more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by steele801

This is the best brush EVER! I have actually never written a review before, but this brush is so great that I just had to. I use Bare Minerals foundation(the regular,not the matte) and this brush really makes the finish look Flawless! The bristles are much softer than the bare minerals brushes and it actually feels like a better quality brush! Save your money girls and go with this brush instead of the BM Kabuki brush-you'll save about $10 and be much happier with your end result.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush makes Revlon Colorstay look GOOD. (It doesn't stay that way all day, but that's the foundation's fault.) It buffs on liquid foundation so quickly and easily. I usually apply with this, then go over my face with a kabuki brush to really blend it in. I've also tried this with mineral foundation and cream blushes, and it works well for those too. The bristles are synthetic, so it doesn't suck up a bunch of product like natural bristles would.

Compared to the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki, this is more compact with shorter bristles. This makes it easier to blend around the nose and eyes, and better at blending thicker liquids (though I love the EDM brush for mineral foundation).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No