September 22, 2014 | 1268 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by merveilles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

mmmm,it s different from other parfumes,it s sophisticated and luxury.Today ı bought,its expensive but effective,when ı wear for try,everybody asked me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I've been sniffing this new Chloe for the last two hours on my wrist and I find it very pleasant. Nothing shockingly enticing, but nice all the way.
Maybe too expensive for what you get.
I see absolutely no resemblance to Stella, while I agree with a reviewer who compared it to CK Escape. They have a kind of chamomille or daisy smell in common. It's an uplifting note, something made to be happy, not excited, just serene and sunny.
I don't like Escape at all, but I like new Chloe quite enough.
It's fresh, not piercing, clean and floral, young and more or less elegant.
Old Chloe was entirely different and I don't think this new Chloe was meant to be similar. I remember that round bottle with the strong tubereuse smell, soapy and carnal, it has become a typical smell.
This one is much more modern and not too flat.

Back for more:
I now have a vial I can play with for a few days. I tried it in the morning, at the office (only 2 drops on wrists) and walking in the city.
In warm closed places it become sweeter.
It's ok, pleasurable and attractive, but what really attracts me in this scent I cannot still say. I'm trying to make my mind on it and all I can say it's that it reminds me of something else or better a mix of two known smells. Maybe a cross between Ralph Lauren Romance (pale coy pungent smell) and L'Eau d'Yssey ( watery sweet woody flowers)
Still cannot decide if is it a buy or not. Or better I'll stick to my classic Cartier So Pretty for daytime.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by sfeng

I have a thing for rose scents. This one is beautiful and long wearing. It's fresh, vibrant, and floral, but it doesn't make you smell like you crawled out of a florist shop. The bottle is adorable. It looks great sitting on my shelf! The down side is the price. It costs a pretty penny, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just received a decant of this in a lovely swap package two days ago and I can't get enough! To me, this fragrance is the perfect rose. Even though it would likely be considered by most to be a warm weather scent, I'm finding it to be wonderfully comforting during these first days of winter. A true rose that somehow succeeds in being anything but boring, linear, or old fashioned. Fresh and beautiful. FB worthy. (coming from a fickle-nosed fragrance lover, that's saying alot!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 6:34:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the bottle, and I tested this perfume a few times. I just don't like it, it's a watery floral scent to me nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Honeysuckle11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Very fresh-smelling lily of the valley. Not sexy, at least to me, and therefore don't like.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I tried this perfume in the airport and although I'm not usually a fan of florals, I fell in love with it! It is a white floral that, on me, settles on soapy pretty soon; not sweet nor sour. I love the cleanliness and elegance I get from wearing it and I found it pretty long lasting. Slightly romantic and strongly elegant, I find it a perfume for everyday use, especially at work.

Read here many people comparing to Stella; I can't wear Stella because it is too sweet on me, this one has almost no sweetness at all, it's mainly soapy but in a nice way (not like White Linen which is too stark and sour!)

I've decided to get this one as my Christmas present. The price was exorbitant though, even in the airport's duty free shop, so I'll just use sparingly so as not to repurchase.

Edited to add: I purchased it and now I agree 100% with Tess35 that it reminds me a lot of CK Escape, which I also used to own. It's also not very long lasting, at least during winter time. Now that I use it, I like it less and less; I find that I never reach for it and its sillage is minimum. Will try again when the weather is hot, but although it's not bad, it's nothing special for me I'm afraid. Classy but boring and forgettable. EDIT #2: Now that it's spring here, I find it much more wearable. It definitely is a cold fragrance, better suited to warm weather. The heat also makes it more lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by lillie_munster

I find it particularly peppery in the first few minutes, the florals (foremost rose and peony, also freesia) and the woody base develop later on, the rose is of a spring-like and wet kind, a decent and calm scent, SOFT, just right in stressful times, still always blending you in a cloud of "fluffy elegance".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dralim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this perfume. Has been my favourite for awhile now - I never tire of it. The only issue is that it wears off quicker than my other perfumes. I find this to be more 'summery' than Stella's perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I simply love this fragrance. I think, apart from my HG Chanel fragrances, this is the one that I would buy again and again. It makes me so happy when I wear it. There's something about this fragrance that makes me feel so uplifted and just simply drawn to it. It lingers on for a whole day which is magnificent. WIll purchase always.