Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 4/13/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When I first smelled this on myself, I absolutely fell in love with the scent. I bought this the day before Christmas, so it was nice and cold outside, and this scent just enveloped me like a beautiful blanket of prettiness. After a couple of days, though, Chloe kind of started losing its allure to me. It was still a pretty scent, but that almost-magical feeling it gave me when I first spritzed it on was gone.

This scent works beautifully for me if I only wear it every now and then. It's definitely not an every day scent. Also, I wore some the other day when it was warm outside, and I really did not care for the overbearing, almost sharp florals that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

So yes, this is a beautiful winter perfume for special occasions, and yes, the bottle is absolutely adorable. I would probably repurchase if I ran out and had plenty of cash to spend, but I don't think I will run out anytime soon.

on 4/9/2009 8:52:00 PM

I admit to sniffing and sampling this offering for weeks before taking the plunge and adding it to my collection. I had read that Chandler Burr did not think much of it and gave it 1 star. Chandler Burr knows a thing or two about fragrance .

Michel Almairac is the perfumer for this scent. I did not know what to make of it at first - it's a very sparkling fresh, sweet, rose scent - like rose scented sparkling white wine - it has good lasting power and sillage. It's not really my style . It's girly and frilly but not very sexy. It's more 'twinset' and ballet pumps .

I don't think I will buy this again as this bottle will last me forever. 4 stars for the perfume but 10 stars for the gorgeous bottle !

on 4/7/2009 7:30:00 PM

I fell in love with this scent the first time I smelled it in a magazine sample.

$85 is a lot for perfume (for me), but I took the plunge after deciding that if I couldn't graduate with honors, I could at least be the best-smelling girl at graduation.

Also, being a Boston resident gives me an unfair advantage - we have a Saks here (Chloe EDP is only sold there at at their boutiques).

This perfume is unique, a quality you absolutely don't see in perfumes anymore, and I don't mind paying for a fragrance that *smells* like it's worth it.

My only complaint is the metal on the bottle can get ugly with time, but then I am the sort of girl who carries her perfume bottle in her handbag. This one is meant for the boudoir!

on 4/3/2009 4:01:00 PM

Very chic and sophisticated but also pretty. I do like this a lot but wear it more because my boyfriend likes it on me. The bottle is beautiful and the fragrance is very unique, you can't get it anywhere near where I live which is nice.

on 4/2/2009 6:43:00 PM

Just love it. It smells like a rose on a cool spring morning. Heaven.

on 3/31/2009 6:35:00 AM

So let me first start off by saying that I am not good at all describing fragrances, and I have read some people compare this to CK Escape. I could not disagree more. While this is strong, Escape is a very sharp sweet smell, this is more crisp. This reminds me of a woman who is in total control, running the show and taking names while still being completely sexy.
I LOVE this perfume, I got this in London last year after smelling it everywhere, I had to have it. My preference may be different than most, but I love Light Blue and Pink Sugar. Although they are all different, they each have a place in my heart.

on 3/26/2009 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I won't buy this product again, but wld love to receive this again! It was a gift straight out from singapore duty-free airport shopping. So i had the pleasure of wearing it before it hits retail stores ~ heeeee ~ Anyways, the fragance is a deep floral..sexy & feminine. I can smell rose & jasmine with a vanilla wrapping, it's just awesomely beautiful. A definite distinctive smell like chanel wld do with it's frangrances. A new IT scent. Lovin it.

on 3/10/2009 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Chloe goes on brash, dries quickly to a metallic floral, like the inside of a cedar jewelry box splashed long ago with French cologne. Rather nice and pretty. I probably won't seek it out, but I will use up my sample.

on 2/22/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is the only scent I wear right now. It's just so chic. I was hesitant to try it at first because I was told it had a rose note but I don't find it cloying. It is very subtle. I can wear this anytime and don't have to worry about offending anyone with a strong scent. It's very sophisticated. The bottle is so beautiful I had to take a picture of it sitting on my vanity. The dispenser hasn't clogged up either.

I was looking for a new scent and this one is definitely IT for me! It's very sophisticated and classy, but you definitely could wear it every day. I can't make the notes out in this fragrance, but all I can say is that it is not overpowering and has something very unique about it! I got it for my bday in November and I just can't get enough of it!
I also love the packaging, it is simple, yet classy!

UPDATE: For me, I have to say that this will be a scent for colder months. As it got warmer, the scent changed on my skin and started smelling like Escape by Calvin Klein, which is ok, but not the scent I know. One lippie of for that one, otherwise, it's till a keeper.

Popular Fragrances