October 20, 2014 | 2182 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jilllpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The only thing wrong with this pencil is that the tip breaks off even with gentle use. The color is great, blonde, but for the price I do not want to waste half of the product due to this malfnction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first, it's not bad but I just found a better one. This is decent, I like the really thin point which makes it easy to make hair like strokes. I love the black shade, it's a nice soft black. I was using this daily up until I discovered Ardell's brow pencil in Soft Black. They're both nice but Ardell's is a powdery formula that just blends seamlessly into my brows. With Maybelline's I had to be careful to do very very light strokes or else you could tell where I penciled. With Ardell you don't have to be as careful, it looks good without a problem. Plus Ardell is cheaper, I bought it at Sally's with my Beauty Cub card for $3.59. I still use this to line my lower lids because I prefer a softer line there than the traditional eyeliner pencil gives. But the bad thing is it doesn't really last that long and fades midday or even sooner. I'll try it with a primer next time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cubancurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in dark blonde and though the color is nice the texture is horrible. It is way too waxy/greasy, easily rubs off. The point is too thick to get any good definition. Maybelline really messed up when they discontinued the Twin brow pencil in charcoal grey. THE BEST pencil out there, perfect texture, perfect color, sweat-proof, water-proof, ocean-swim-proof. (BUT not rub proof, don't touch it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no eyebrows, or at least very blond eyebrow hair. I need to fill in with something each day in order to look defined. This is the ONLY acceptable brow product available at the drugstore in my area. It is an automatic pencil with a tiny comb on the end. The comb is worthless and scratches my skin, so I use an old toothbrush instead. The color goes on fine and lasts for the whole day. I don't think I will repurchase, though, because I will just use a brown eyeshadow. There are less steps involved that way. If you are looking for an automatic brow pencil, this is a good option.

UPDATE: I love this item & it may be HG for me. I bought it in dark blonde. It looks so natural and I never need to sharpen it. I have no trouble with it breaking off on me unless I extend the pencil too much. I now always have a backup on hand, and this blows the Revlon wax one way out of the water!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought nothing, nothing, nothing would ever come close to my beloved Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel. Maybelline, you have impressed me. Define-A-Brow has a FANTASTIC shade range for the drugstore. I bought this automatic pencil in Light Blonde because I got highlights and Hazel, which I highly recommend for light-to-medium brown/red hair, threw off my look. I wanted something that looked natural with my light-brown-fast-approaching-blonde look. I also saw that Lisa Eldridge recommends using a blonde brow pencil for a more natural look. This automatic pencil, green plastic with a cap that's roughly the color of the product (though a little darker than the product itself) delivered exactly what I wanted--It's kind of wheat colored and inconspicuous. I don't like how thin and flimsy it is (Rimmel Brow pencils are much more generous!) but I adore how natural it looks and that it is very water, sweat and rub resistant. It lasts on me and it makes my entire brow look cleaner. It would be great for travel, as it is quite petite. I think Maybelline is really stepping up its game.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always had to work with my brows, they're thin and patchy from salon screw ups. I'd usually just fill them in with eyeshadow or eyebrow powder. I heard a lot of hype about this and how it was a MAC dupe. So I saw it a the drugstore and grabbed it.

I really like the pencil, but I just wish there was a lighter shade so it would take less effort of trying to be so careful.

After I use this up, i'll probably go back to eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by dreammode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before, I never did anything with my brows and then I got really dissatisfied of how they disappeared in photos (particulary when I'm tanned). When I stumble across this I thought it was perfect: no sharpening, true natural colors, small and convienent. I used Dark Brown initally but I had to switch out to Medium Brown, which looked way more natural. It gives me a precise line, easy blendability and after it's set with some clear mascara it stays on all day. However, the staying power is not great sometimes because it can be easily rubbed off if I'm way too oily :(

This is the first brow pencil I've ever tried. I've been using it for the past 1.5 years and I'm probably on my 8th-10th ish pencil right now!! I don't think I'll ever stray from it. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

this brow pencil is absolutely great. it just looks natural unlike many other brow pencils that have that weird unnatural look to it...it's very flattering and fool-proof. the brush is nice to use too BUT it's very flimsy--i had my define-a-brow pencil in my pocket one day and the comb part just broke off. i rarely ever use or like d/s makeup but this is definitely a keeper. i bought this in medium blonde as a replacement for my Shu Uemura seal brown pencil, bc the Shu pencil is wayyy too long to carry in a normal sized makeup pouch. the maybelline pencil will fit anywhere tho, bc it is small.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by tahoechocolate

I have medium brown hair and used this pencil in dark blonde. Weird color match but it lasted all day and was amazing- the tube of it was pretty small, but for the price and ease of application it was really amazing- WOULD repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xPollyPocketx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eyebrow pencil now that I bought it in the right color!
a good year ago I bought it in the color light brown, because, well, I have light brown eyebrows. But it was much too red for me. I woulduse it every once in a while because I loved the pencil itself. I finally gave it up because of the color match. Well, just the other day I purchased it in the color medium brown, (I have light brown eyebrows and a medium brown shade hair color.)
and I'm in love with it all over again! I had been planning on buying an anastasia brow pencil ($21.) and I'm so glad I bought the define a brow again first.

UPDATE - although for a pencil this is great and if I ever switch back to a pencil i'm sure i'll love it all over again, I've stopped using it and am now filling my thin brows in with powder - so much more natural.