January 27, 2015 | 1426 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by laguayaca

I love using this when I am doing more neutral looks this is my go to Paint pot! Last all day like all the others and creates a nice matte natural base for the shadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I hated it. Maybe its because I was using it during the summer. It felt oily on my lids. I used it as a base and I had difficulty blending my eyeshadows when I had it on...I told a friend of mines that I was going to give it to her because it wasn't working for me...(it is now around winter time) 2 weeks b4 I gave it to her, I started using it again. OMG, it was like a total new product. I used it one week straight and I had no problems! I also used it as a base w/o my UDPP. It went on smoothly on my lids. It dried softly on my lids and I was able to blend my eyeshadows seamlessly! I was like "damn! i shouldn't have said I would give it to her". But a promise is a promise. Believe you me, I had a hard time letting go. Definately repurchase uhgain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a base for my eyeshadow and it lasts pretty much all day. It's a little light for my skin but my shadows really adhere to it very well.

I will continue to use it as a base for now but I think I will purchase Urban Decay Primer Potion eventually but will wear this over it once I do.

Edit: So I tried UDPP and it def did not really work on me. It lasted much longer once I put the paint pot over it. But definitely, I will use this with UDPP or just this alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This primer is more yellow toned. My eyeshadows are not as vibrant with this primer compared to UDPP. I'm not big on the texture of this stuff either.. it's a cream but doesn't glide on effortlessly.
--------
update: i'm going to try this stuff again because i think i wasn't letting it warm up enough to glide on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by martaalexandrino

Es el primer paint pot que compro, y compre este porque es el mas parecido al color de mi piel, porque painterly era muy rosado para mi. Y uso esto tooooodos los dias, para cualquier look que me vaya a hacer con maquillaje. La verdad que lo recomiendo a ojos cerrados.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I love MAC Paint pots. I also have them in Painterly, Delft, and Perky. I bought this shade because of the Golden tones in my NC35 skintone. It still is a bit light, but it neutralizes my eye lid color. Its very creamy and easy to apply with a brush like the 242. However it does crease a bit after a few hours. The packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to use this as my base almost all the time. I think it is the perfect color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great makeup product. It matches my NC25, Stila 30 Watt skin perfectly and the texture is lovely - melds with the skin.
I put it all over the lid from browline to lashline, including outer eye area next to the eye because I have redish tear duct area due to allergies.

It hides veins and any type of discoloration and provides the perfect base for shadows and liners.

The texture is perfect and sometimes I just use this alone on upper area with Indianwood on the lid itself then put on some cat eye liner and mascara and I'm all set.

I tried Painterly but it was too pink for my skin color. Soft Ochre has a yellow undertone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by magginine

This is a fantastic shade for any warm toned ladies. Lots of yellow to it, it's like putting a nice concealer on my eyelids. It covers up any redness, darkness, veins and it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for hours. I apply it with a filbert cut taklon brush and it blends out well. I have tried painterly (too pink for me) and layin low (a little dark) and I find this color to be a perfect matte base for daily use under most colors. My only small complaint and it's probably just me because I have dry eyelids, is that I find it to be a tad dry. I wish it was just a tiny bit creamier but overall, this is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Love this Paint Pot. The color works on many different skin tones and blends really well. It is a nice cream shade. Pretty much any eyeshadow or pigment shade can be used over this PP.