MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/22/2009 12:20:00 AM

I really love this little pot! It's a great eye shadow base/concealer on me. I just dab a little over my lids, and then brush my foundation over the lids and then underneath. The product that accumulates on the brush gives me just the right amount of coverage to hide my dark eye sockets. Plus, any shadow I put on clings to it, leaving me with vivid, non-creasing eyes all day. Plus, it lasts forever! I've had one of these (and I use it every day) for about a year now, and I hardly even see a dent in it. I've even used it to cover up a bad blemish when I was out of concealer. This really is a HG product for me.

I love this paint pot. Soft Ochre is a nude beige and it is great as a base for my eyeshadows. I have Bare Study but I wanted a paint pot without the shimmer. I also use this by itself on my lids and just line my lid with MAC blacktrack for a simple look. Also the paint pots have a lot of product and you only need a small amount which is great.

on 3/19/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is the perfect base. My eyeshadow did not crease all day. I love the color, it provides a very neutral base. A must have.

on 3/18/2009 3:40:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have tinted dark pinkish, sometimes light brownish pigment around my eyes like 'panda eyes' just not soo much on my under eye so I wear this paint pot alone daily on my lid to hide the discoloration and it does wonders. I also use it as a base for my eyeshadow and it's good although I find it better to wear it on top of UDPP before the shadows. I wear it over the UDPP b/c the primer does not hide the coloration on my lid so sometimes the eyeshadows doesn't turn out the same color on both eyes but soft ochre really balance out the colors to acheive a more relevant color to both of the eyes. I love it.

on 3/12/2009 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is the perfect "white base" for a deep/dark skinned ladies. I've used NYX shadow pencil in milk, but it is a little greasy and, well, too white in contrast to my skin. Soft Ochre gives the same results in my opinion, without the stark whiteness. Makes those colors pop and wears all day. Creamy texture and easy to apply.

on 3/8/2009 8:33:00 PM

I have a pigmented eye base, which is why I purchased this to begin with. It's perfect for it. It's one of the more creamier paint pots out of the bunch making it easier to apply. I use this when I'm just trying to go over for the clean, natural look with matte earth tone colors (for weddings for example). Because I have dry skin altogether, I first apply an eye cream to my lids. I then apply UDPP, wait a couple of seconds, and apply soft ochre only to the pigmented areas of my eyes. Without the UDPP, this tends to crease (with or without eye cream). Without the eye cream, it tends to flake. The result is a neutralized lid, absent of the dark colors. You might even be able to wear this without any eyeshadows, and just tightline your lash lines and add a couple of coats of mascara if you're running low on time.

on 3/7/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a nice everyday base, I use it under eyeliner and it prolongs the wear quite a bit. I do however find it a bit dry (It's not too big a problem; it doesn't make the colour as vibrant as UDPP does however. Overall this is a nice base, good for nice toned down everyday looks.

on 2/26/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Holy crap where has this been my whole life?? First off, I want to say that I love these MAC paint pots! So much easier to use than the paints, which were a mess at times! However, I must say, these paint pots are a bit "hit or miss" as far as the texture goes. Some of the ones I've had were super creamy and smooth (ie cashflow, indiawood) However, there are the ones like soft ochre and groundwork, that are not as creamy and feel more "dry". With these I end up having to so short strokes/patting motion on my eye or else I would end up tugging the delicate eye skin too much. However, it can be overlooked as this is the perfect shade to create a bare canvas of my eye. Its a shade or two lighter than my MAC NC30-35 skintone and is reminiscent of concealer when you look at it in the pot. Overall this is a fantastic product, I have been using it daily and it creates more vibrant colors and keeps my shadows in place. I am very pleased with this product and will buy again when/if I run out. UPDATE*** I have been using a concealer brush to apply this which is much easier than using fingers and much less tugging.

on 2/17/2009 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE Soft Ochre. It's the perfect eyeshadow base. I use it every SINGLE day!! I love how smooth and creamy it is when it goes on. It spreads out beautifully and the dry time is perfect. It doesnt make shadows sticky or dry out. My eyeshadow stays all day. I love the other paint pots as well but this one is by far my favorite for every day use =) The other great thing is that while I use this every single day, theirs barely a dip in my pot. This stuff is gonna last me forever and never dries out in the pot! A little goes a long way and even after dipping into it 3-4 times in one application, you can't even tell! Last forever!

on 2/17/2009 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i have quite a few, and i reach for this pp the most. it can go with any color ur applying and creates a great base for shadows. if you dont want a real color change to ur shadow, this is a good 1 to try. the colored pots help enhance/alter colors, i like that too. i dont put on shadows anymore without using a paintpot. this and fresco rose are my favs. i may have to get another of this, i am almost done with half of it! there is a lot in a pot too!
im nw 25 for reference.