November 26, 2014 | 1894 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This primer is more yellow toned. My eyeshadows are not as vibrant with this primer compared to UDPP. I'm not big on the texture of this stuff either.. it's a cream but doesn't glide on effortlessly.
--------
update: i'm going to try this stuff again because i think i wasn't letting it warm up enough to glide on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by martaalexandrino

Es el primer paint pot que compro, y compre este porque es el mas parecido al color de mi piel, porque painterly era muy rosado para mi. Y uso esto tooooodos los dias, para cualquier look que me vaya a hacer con maquillaje. La verdad que lo recomiendo a ojos cerrados.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by elouised

I love MAC Paint pots. I also have them in Painterly, Delft, and Perky. I bought this shade because of the Golden tones in my NC35 skintone. It still is a bit light, but it neutralizes my eye lid color. Its very creamy and easy to apply with a brush like the 242. However it does crease a bit after a few hours. The packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to use this as my base almost all the time. I think it is the perfect color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great makeup product. It matches my NC25, Stila 30 Watt skin perfectly and the texture is lovely - melds with the skin.
I put it all over the lid from browline to lashline, including outer eye area next to the eye because I have redish tear duct area due to allergies.

It hides veins and any type of discoloration and provides the perfect base for shadows and liners.

The texture is perfect and sometimes I just use this alone on upper area with Indianwood on the lid itself then put on some cat eye liner and mascara and I'm all set.

I tried Painterly but it was too pink for my skin color. Soft Ochre has a yellow undertone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by magginine

This is a fantastic shade for any warm toned ladies. Lots of yellow to it, it's like putting a nice concealer on my eyelids. It covers up any redness, darkness, veins and it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for hours. I apply it with a filbert cut taklon brush and it blends out well. I have tried painterly (too pink for me) and layin low (a little dark) and I find this color to be a perfect matte base for daily use under most colors. My only small complaint and it's probably just me because I have dry eyelids, is that I find it to be a tad dry. I wish it was just a tiny bit creamier but overall, this is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Love this Paint Pot. The color works on many different skin tones and blends really well. It is a nice cream shade. Pretty much any eyeshadow or pigment shade can be used over this PP.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

Great product! It works really well as a base or just all over the lid with a bit of eyeliner when I don't have a lot of time to do a full eye. Also, it's great at masking any discolouration on my eyelids. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost returned this but I gave it another try as a base. I was looking for a creamy neutral shadow. This is not it. It is way too light, even for my fair skin. It makes my eyes look weirdly light.

However as a base is works so well. You can put it on sparingly (very thin) with your finger and it covers any pigmentation you may have on your lids. It does not budge. I have been toping with MAC malt shadow, which gives a more natural skin-tone color. I still wish I could find a shadow that is more dewy, rather than dry and powdery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is expensive but it will last forever if you keep it sealed up. I love this product because I can use it as an eyeshadow, and eyeshadow base, and a concealer. It had great staying power and doesn't crease on my oily lids. It just makes me look awake and refreshed, even if I am not wearing any other makeup. I carry it with me everywhere! The only bad thing is that the lid is VERY hard to get off the first time, I had to use a combination of hot water and beating the jar with a butterknife! At least I know I got on that had never been opened.