April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Normally I steer clear of MAC products that aren't in powder form. Usually their cream type products I think are so thick and just...yuck! The MA put some of this on the back of my hand to show how it would cover the darkness on my lid and make it ready for E/S colors. I was impressed and thought, what the heck, it's so cheap I might as well try it out. Well it has been 4 days and I am loving it!!! I even use a little as an undereye concealer and it is just gorgeous!! Used on my lisd my e/s goes on true to color and lasts all day long without creasing. I tried a dab of this on a large dark freckle on my cheek and with proper blending it totally covered it unnoticably. What an awesome product!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

Goes to show not all MAC reps know what they're talking about, guess I got spoiled, my rep who moved to another store was AWESOME. I was looking for the primer, going out of town no time to order a good base online, and I have NOT found any drugstore brands I like. She suggested the Paint Pot, in Ochre for my NW 23 coloring. Well, the color is fine, but it is NOT meant to be a base, regardless of what she said. It is a cream to powder shadow. Within a few hours the powder shadow and the base started drying out!!! It would be great as a shadow but NEVER again as a base. I hate the glass container, HEAVY. And as I travel heavy re cosmetics skin care, I want a lightweight product. So, ordering Origins or Arabesque base online.
Yeah I could take the product back, but I figure I can use as a shadow, or use the container for safety pins or something, lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I bought this hoping to replace UDPP as my eyeshadow primer because I hate the packaging so much. Sadly, this just doesn't hold up like UDPP. It does help the shadow las a little longer, but after 8 hours of work, the shadow is basically gone. I like the feel of this product and I like the packaging as well. If someone were just using this for eyeshadow, it would be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not been the biggest fan of Paint Pots as they seemed a little greasy on me and did not hold up nearly as well as the original paints on my eyes. I'm so glad I decided to try one more and bought Soft Ochre to use as a base. It's perfect! Not too beigy or grey which I feared. It evens out my skin tone and brightens the eye area but without shimmer which I try to keep to a minimum for day. This formula seems a littel drier (without being dry) than the shimmer colors I have (Reubenesqe and India Wood) and it seems to hold up much better throughout the day..Overall I'm just very pleased with this new find.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best Base for any kind of eyeshadow. With this as a base, you can even use dirt cheap eyeshadows and they won't even budge. I have super oily lids and this is the only thing that doesn't keep my eyeshadow from creasing which happens after 2 hrs. It keeps my eye makeup including eyeliner on for the entire day. I can't compare this to the UDPP since urban decay is not available in singapore but it doesn't matter, I'm sticking to this. The only downfall is the price, it costs 33SGD which is pretty pricey but it can last for quite a long time so its pretty worth it. It may be hard to remove it but a little makeup remover and cleanser should get rid of it.

This colour is more suited to yellow skintones like asians as compare to painterly so highly recommended!

UPDATE: I decided to drop it by 1 lippie because I think after an entire day, it creases the eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eye and smudges my eyeliner a bit. I don't know why but sometimes I feel that you need to apply the correct amount which is pretty hard sometimes. But its still not bad anyway because my eyeshadow always creases after 2 hrs and with this base, it only happens after like 8 hrs. I probably will experiment with it till I get the best effect with this base.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

I love Paint Pots. It gives me long wearing eye makeup w/o sacrificing blendability. This shade matches my NC40 perfectly and lasts a 12 hr. workday with no touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Supa

This product makes the perfect eye shadow base for all eye shadows. Even more, this makes a wonderful concealer BTW. I applied this on my blemish on accident (thinking it was my other concealer) and it stayed put ALL day and made my makeup adhere to my skin like magic. Definitely recommended. I like this much more than my UDPP. You also get a TON of product. Love. <3
For reference I'm MAC C1/C2 with semi-sensitive/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

loooove this thing. its my perfect base. i was thinking of getting painterly, but it was too pink for my skintone. im so glad i found soft ochre-its a good base for my e/s, lets my udpp last longer (cuz i dont have to use it as much), makes my e/s go on more smoothly and it doesnt crease!! for reference, im nc35, latina dark hair, dk brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was recommended to me by the MA when I said I wanted to prime my lids so the colors of my eyeshadow will pop more. I'm so glad it was. This keeps my eye makeup looking fresh and bright all day and makes my eyes look more awake. It also hides my dark circles. i tried wearing this alone one day for a "no make-up" look for the gym and I looked awake and healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by vmg85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is only my second paintpot, and I don't like the color too much. It's very light yellow color. Looks like I put concealer on my lids, and if I blend then it's barely detectable. So what's the point? I guess it evens out the tone of my eyelids. I think I will swap this one because it's just okay.