September 22, 2014 | 2193 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by magginine

This is a fantastic shade for any warm toned ladies. Lots of yellow to it, it's like putting a nice concealer on my eyelids. It covers up any redness, darkness, veins and it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing for hours. I apply it with a filbert cut taklon brush and it blends out well. I have tried painterly (too pink for me) and layin low (a little dark) and I find this color to be a perfect matte base for daily use under most colors. My only small complaint and it's probably just me because I have dry eyelids, is that I find it to be a tad dry. I wish it was just a tiny bit creamier but overall, this is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Love this Paint Pot. The color works on many different skin tones and blends really well. It is a nice cream shade. Pretty much any eyeshadow or pigment shade can be used over this PP.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

Great product! It works really well as a base or just all over the lid with a bit of eyeliner when I don't have a lot of time to do a full eye. Also, it's great at masking any discolouration on my eyelids. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I almost returned this but I gave it another try as a base. I was looking for a creamy neutral shadow. This is not it. It is way too light, even for my fair skin. It makes my eyes look weirdly light.

However as a base is works so well. You can put it on sparingly (very thin) with your finger and it covers any pigmentation you may have on your lids. It does not budge. I have been toping with MAC malt shadow, which gives a more natural skin-tone color. I still wish I could find a shadow that is more dewy, rather than dry and powdery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is expensive but it will last forever if you keep it sealed up. I love this product because I can use it as an eyeshadow, and eyeshadow base, and a concealer. It had great staying power and doesn't crease on my oily lids. It just makes me look awake and refreshed, even if I am not wearing any other makeup. I carry it with me everywhere! The only bad thing is that the lid is VERY hard to get off the first time, I had to use a combination of hot water and beating the jar with a butterknife! At least I know I got on that had never been opened.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SparkleToad

I did not like this product very much. The color was a good match for my yellow undertones, since I wanted this as a base., not an eyeshadow. I did not find it to be easy to blend and it creased. I still had to use a base underneath, which defeated the purpose of using this at all. Back it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 7:53:00 PM More reviews by FrauleinKarina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. I have scarring on my eyelids and it covers up the scars, makes for a even smooth tone to apply eye shadow. The shadow stays for hours even in a steamy hot work environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after struggling with several products to keep my eyelids from getting oily and my shadow creasing. THIS IS AMAZING! I am totally in love with this paint pot, and I think it's worth every penny. It's been realllyyyy hot in New York this past week, and this baby held up under some serious sweating. My eyes still looked perfect even at the end of the night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Normally I steer clear of MAC products that aren't in powder form. Usually their cream type products I think are so thick and just...yuck! The MA put some of this on the back of my hand to show how it would cover the darkness on my lid and make it ready for E/S colors. I was impressed and thought, what the heck, it's so cheap I might as well try it out. Well it has been 4 days and I am loving it!!! I even use a little as an undereye concealer and it is just gorgeous!! Used on my lisd my e/s goes on true to color and lasts all day long without creasing. I tried a dab of this on a large dark freckle on my cheek and with proper blending it totally covered it unnoticably. What an awesome product!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

Goes to show not all MAC reps know what they're talking about, guess I got spoiled, my rep who moved to another store was AWESOME. I was looking for the primer, going out of town no time to order a good base online, and I have NOT found any drugstore brands I like. She suggested the Paint Pot, in Ochre for my NW 23 coloring. Well, the color is fine, but it is NOT meant to be a base, regardless of what she said. It is a cream to powder shadow. Within a few hours the powder shadow and the base started drying out!!! It would be great as a shadow but NEVER again as a base. I hate the glass container, HEAVY. And as I travel heavy re cosmetics skin care, I want a lightweight product. So, ordering Origins or Arabesque base online.
Yeah I could take the product back, but I figure I can use as a shadow, or use the container for safety pins or something, lol.