MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

4.2

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/8/2009 8:33:00 PM

I have a pigmented eye base, which is why I purchased this to begin with. It's perfect for it. It's one of the more creamier paint pots out of the bunch making it easier to apply. I use this when I'm just trying to go over for the clean, natural look with matte earth tone colors (for weddings for example). Because I have dry skin altogether, I first apply an eye cream to my lids. I then apply UDPP, wait a couple of seconds, and apply soft ochre only to the pigmented areas of my eyes. Without the UDPP, this tends to crease (with or without eye cream). Without the eye cream, it tends to flake. The result is a neutralized lid, absent of the dark colors. You might even be able to wear this without any eyeshadows, and just tightline your lash lines and add a couple of coats of mascara if you're running low on time.

on 3/7/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a nice everyday base, I use it under eyeliner and it prolongs the wear quite a bit. I do however find it a bit dry (It's not too big a problem; it doesn't make the colour as vibrant as UDPP does however. Overall this is a nice base, good for nice toned down everyday looks.

on 2/26/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Holy crap where has this been my whole life?? First off, I want to say that I love these MAC paint pots! So much easier to use than the paints, which were a mess at times! However, I must say, these paint pots are a bit "hit or miss" as far as the texture goes. Some of the ones I've had were super creamy and smooth (ie cashflow, indiawood) However, there are the ones like soft ochre and groundwork, that are not as creamy and feel more "dry". With these I end up having to so short strokes/patting motion on my eye or else I would end up tugging the delicate eye skin too much. However, it can be overlooked as this is the perfect shade to create a bare canvas of my eye. Its a shade or two lighter than my MAC NC30-35 skintone and is reminiscent of concealer when you look at it in the pot. Overall this is a fantastic product, I have been using it daily and it creates more vibrant colors and keeps my shadows in place. I am very pleased with this product and will buy again when/if I run out. UPDATE*** I have been using a concealer brush to apply this which is much easier than using fingers and much less tugging.

on 2/17/2009 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE Soft Ochre. It's the perfect eyeshadow base. I use it every SINGLE day!! I love how smooth and creamy it is when it goes on. It spreads out beautifully and the dry time is perfect. It doesnt make shadows sticky or dry out. My eyeshadow stays all day. I love the other paint pots as well but this one is by far my favorite for every day use =) The other great thing is that while I use this every single day, theirs barely a dip in my pot. This stuff is gonna last me forever and never dries out in the pot! A little goes a long way and even after dipping into it 3-4 times in one application, you can't even tell! Last forever!

on 2/17/2009 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i have quite a few, and i reach for this pp the most. it can go with any color ur applying and creates a great base for shadows. if you dont want a real color change to ur shadow, this is a good 1 to try. the colored pots help enhance/alter colors, i like that too. i dont put on shadows anymore without using a paintpot. this and fresco rose are my favs. i may have to get another of this, i am almost done with half of it! there is a lot in a pot too!
im nw 25 for reference.

on 2/17/2009 10:40:00 AM

I read reviews that the soft ochre, with a hint of yellow, was good to neutralize the color of your eyes. I found this to be a bit too yellow though. As a base alone, with no eyeshadow, it's unnatural looking. To be fair, the lady at the MAC counter did suggest a shade with a bit more pink in it. I will probably try that next time and if that doesn't work I'm moving on to Urban Decay. I also didn't find it easy to apply, even with a brush, it's a bit stiff.

on 2/6/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. I tried to use this as a base, but it was too light and really obvious under my lids and would be really cakey on my lids. I'm also a shimmer-aholic, so maybe that's why I didn't like this as well.

on 1/29/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is great as an eyeshadow primer. The color is the same as UDPP. I used it instead of my UDPP and it made my shadow last all day. It's not dry like UDPP and I thought it might crease but it didn't. I wore it over 12 hours before I washed my face and my shadows looked great and were still vibrant. I will definitely be buying more shades. I love it!

on 1/26/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Soft Ochre as a base for all my eye shadows. It keeps my shadows fresh all day and colors show up more vibrant on my lids. Soft Ochre is yellow based, super blendable. Now I want Bare Study as well.

on 1/17/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product as a base for neutral eye shadows. It helps the shadows to last all day and not crease. I don't use every day. So I'm sure it will take a long time to run out off. But if I ever do I will definitely repurchase.

Top Rated MAC Products