Castor Oil

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/22/2009 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This made my lashes 2x fuller. I read a review and didn`t believe it. Then I met this girl on my holiday in portugal and she was completely bare-faced and had the most incredible lashes I`ve ever seen. I told her that she has beautiful lashes and she told me that they used to be very thin and that she needed loads of mascara to show them at all and that she started using castor oil to help them grow. I started using it to and WOW..
I don`t know how it works but it works! I really have to be careful now how much mascara I apply because with some mascaras I can`t open my eyes properly now since my lashes are touching my eyebrows before my eyes are fully opened...
Good stuff!
I also tried to use this on the rest of my face but it broke me out. I will continue using this on my lashes though!

on 8/21/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I canNOT believe that I have NOT review this yet. I heard about Castor Oil from trying out the Oil Cleansing Method, so when I research castor oil, on MUA and other sites, I came across a lot of post about gals using it for eyelash/eyebrow growth. I decided to purchase it and tried it one night. I woke up the next morning and already saw a difference in length. I used it every night for a week, and my sister commented on it, then I told her about it, and she decided to try it too (even I had more lashes than her, and I barely had any). She ended up waking me up at 6 the next morning to tell me to look at her lashes. She was so excited, and then ended up taking my CO with her when she went back home.
I will warn that this does cause breakout, for me anyways, well, I WAS using it for every night, now I cut it down to once every 3-4 days..and I LOVE it! My lashes are beautiful.
ALSO! now I have lashes on my bottom lid. and they're long too!

I mix this with olive oil and essential oils and use the mixture to cleanse my face at night. My skin is firmer, more supple, clearer than ever, and my lashes and eyebrows are thicker and longer - grow amazingly fast!

on 8/17/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have not tried this on my lashes or brows yet.But I have been putting in my hair before I flatiron it and oh what a beautiful treat it is.It totally makes my hair so shiny and it gets it alot straighter than I thought possible.Plus it just makes my fried hair so much softer and healthy looking.This has been a little miracle for me.And it was only $2.18.I am in love!!!

on 8/17/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had used this for 4 days on my eyebrows, and started to see some brow hairs fall out. Of course, I stopped using immediately. I usually have eye lashes that fall out, but never brow hairs. Before, my scarse brows were from over tweezing. Proceed with caution on this product.

on 8/9/2009 12:47:00 AM

OK, this is going to be a strange review but bear with me. I bought castor oil about 2 months ago to get rid of a mole that was starting to scare me. So far it's half the size..I apply twice daily. Then someone told me about the hair growth thing and I thought, why not try. My hair has thinned alot because of thyroid problems, my brows are way overplucked and my eyelashes are very short and thin...I know sounds bad. So I read all of the reviews posted here and started 5 days ago. The thing is, i'm not applying sparingly. For the last 5 nights I have used a good size fistfull of castor oil on my face and neck, my scalp and hair, my eyebrows and my eyelashes! Everyone said to use spareingly....I didn't. I love it! It's to early to report on hair growth but my skin loves it! All this after spending who knows what on antiageing products..I could have had a new car by now! When I wake in the morning my face is lovely, my hair feels great and no side affects whatsoever...all for 3 dollars...yes it's thick like glycerine but so what. I'll update when something happens...good or bad!

on 8/6/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a bottle of castor oil at Wal-Mart to use on my lashes. I applied it to the base of my lashes every night with an eyeliner brush. It did seem to help them grow thicker and longer. In fact, I think it was as effective as Talika Lipocils for a whole lot less money. But alas, it also increased the number of pimples I got around my eye area (upper cheeks, brow area, bridge of my nose). I finally discontinued using it, and the breakouts cleared.

on 8/6/2009 6:05:00 PM

Castor oil will thicken your eyebrows/eyelashes! I will tell you a beauty secret we have here, in Greece : trim a very little part of the tip of eyelashes. Then apply castor oil -some people use vaseline or olive oil too- on your eyelashes/brows with your fingers -do not forget to wash your hands before applying it- or with a clean mascara brush. Keep the oil overnight and wash it off in the morning with a gentle eye makeup remover (I personally use Cetaphil, my dermatologist advised me to do so). Removing it is necessary as it may attract dirt and can easily spoil the effect. Trim your eyelashes once a month and apply CO on your lashes/brows 3 times a week and trust me, you will love the result!
One thing you should avoid, though, is to use castor oil on face/neck. It promotes facial hair growth. So be careful!
I told my dermatologist that I use castor oil on eyelashes-and olive oil instead of an eye cream-- and she advised me to stop using it -and all kinds of oils-on the delicate and sensitive epidermis of eyes as it loosens its elasticity, as she said. That was a huge disappointment to me as I used this product religiously. I stopped using CO for several months, however, now I have started using it again sometimes but quite sparingly (in the winter, I use castor oil as a hair mask too!). What has worked really great on me, is actually the trimming. I could never imagine how well it could work!

on 7/29/2009 8:14:00 PM

I got a bottle of castor oil for about $3 at Walgreen's, and I love it. I use a q-tip to apply it to my lashes and brows at night, and when I wake up, my lashes still look lush. Applying mascara only highlights the effect, and I've noticed that I no longer lose any lashes when I remove my eye makeup at night. In the morning, I swipe just my brows with the castor oil, then brush a bit of brown shadow through them. I'm left with naturally glossy, healthy looking brows that stay put all day. It's amazing I didn't try this before -- I condition the hair on top of my head, how did I go this long without conditioning my lashes and brows!

on 7/19/2009 5:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got a huge bottle of this on sale at HEB. I used to use it on my hair, but then had gotten out of the habit. After reading the reviews on its benefits for eyelashes and eyebrows I had to try it, and it was an overnight success! My lashes looked like false ones when I put on mascara the next day. Just think how different foundation looks on a moisturized face vs. dry skin. It COMPLETELY changes it. Its super cheap, so its worth a shot. If you don't like it you can always keep it around as a laxative :)

(haha.....I was curious on how it worked because I had never tried a laxative before, so I tried it, and believe you me it works! I guess its something you probably shouldn't do if you don't need to, but if you are in need....just reach for the castor oil!)

Popular Brows Products