December 18, 2014 | 1691 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing this as a component in my cleansing oil. Find it very odd that some are using (and having success with!) this straight as a hair growth promoter, since it makes up about 25-40% of my facial cleansing oil! It is the component that provides the actual "cleansing" function of the oil - the others work too but more for moisturizing. I use a higher concentration for oilier girls and a lower concentration for dryer types. Castor oil has wonderful cleansing properties to it and is pretty easily available and cheap. Super!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading this on MUA, I decided to give this a try. I can never arch my brows the way I wanted it to because my brows end at the same point where my outer corners of my eyes are. I started slathering castor oil to where I want my brows' ends to be with q-tips, and the rest of the oil that is left on my inner brows and my eyelashes. By slatering on my eyelashes, I mean I just wipe the q-tip across my eyelids.

I have been doing this for 3 weeks, and I am happy to say that this method has worked for me and I have baby hairs growing out at my brows' ends making it "longer". (And I don't even do it every night, maybe every other night.) There's only a few of them now, but everyone knows even one eyebrow plucked wrong can change the whole brow arch! Now I am able to slowly shape my arch.

As for my lashes, because I actually wipe the oil on my entire eye, I am having new growth as well. But while making my eyelashes longer, some are growing 1 to 2 mm above my eyelashes. This freaks me out a bit, because I want my lashes to remain at the edge of my eyelids!! So now I am gently coating just my eyelashes and the roots of my eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff WORKS! I have been using it for the past few months and have definite lash growth as a result. You can even SEE the little lashes that are on the way! I use a disposable mascara wand to apply at night only. The big bottle will take forever to get through, and at $5 a pop, it's incredibly economical. I haven't tried this on my brows, but for lashes it is terrific! HIGHLY recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I so wanted this to work for me. I tried it both on my brows and my eyelashes, rubbing a bit on both with a Q-Tip before bedtime for over a month. I didn't noticed any diffrence. :( Maybe my lashes are already so fabulous that they won't benefit from this...? Sure, I'll tell myself that. I will continue to use this as an eye makeup remover, though. It is a nice, thick oil that does remove makeup well. I recommend that everyone try it, because it does seem to work for most people. Just be prepared for a different result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to get this product after doing some research and finding that most of the "lash growth" formulas are comprised of- yes,you guessed it,castor oil,and sometimes wheat protein- (for thickness/volume) I decided that spending under $5 for a good size bottle of this as opposed to Talika ($35 +) or even Mavala ($13??) was much more cost effective.Not only that,but castor oil makes a great eye makeup remover,moisturizer and all around useful product (admittedly, the last time I used this stuff was to bring on labor and while it didn't make a bit of difference in that regard I was mighty regular for a couple of days!)
I love what a previous reviewer mentioned about lip balm; I was using Vitamin E for this but I could see this being a good remedy for chapped lips as well.
I was reading another reviewer's mention about it being "poisonous" (which she disregarded,and rightly so!). It is the castor BEAN where ricin is derived from that is a powerful toxin.Unless you're at home chemist with nefarious intentions,the oil itself is not likely to be of any harm.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'm done. I fall for every "miracle" product touted on MUA, with high hopes of the wonderful results reported by other members. Once again, I've wasted mt time & money (thankfully it's cheap). I'm blond with below average lash length & density. How I wish I had lush lashes. Castor oil does nothing but make a good eye makeup remover. I've used it for 3 months with zero results.
Save your $.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SanityPhobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this on my eyelashes for quite awhile now. I simply rub them on the lashes at night. I have been doing this continuously and saw results after more or less than a month. My lashes are thicker and longer. They never fall out when I rub them now either. Those who are considering revitalash or talika lipocils should invest in a 4 dollar bottle of this stuff first.
It's been great for my brows as well.
I never use this on my face in fear that I will grow facial hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by strickers

I use this mixed with EVOO on my eyelashes. It started out as an experimental eyemakeup remover, as I was wanting to get away from chemicals and start a purer routine for my skin.

I had read that this combo helped with growing lashes, but to be honest I didn't think too much about it as my first experiment with castor oil in this way was horrible (too much!).

After a couple weeks, though, I noticed something: my eyelashes were getting thicker and longer! The observation caught me off guard. I can only deduce that this drastic change is a result of my new oil routine. I have since decanted some product into a mascara bottle and am brushing it on before bed.

Thank you, oils of the world! Definitely HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i LOVE castor oil! i actually use it on my whole face and neck every night before bed. since i have been doing this not only have my eyelashes gotten stronger and longer (i put it there too) but my sleep wrinkles are not so noticeable in the morning and my face looks more refreshed.

i've tried using other oils (including my beloved VCO which i used to use on my face) and now i always go running back to castor oil!

try it! it is amazing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by SomerGirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read everyone's rave reviews of this and decided I'd give it a try. Last night was the first night. I put it lightly on my eyelashes and the base of my lashes and also on my eyebrows. When I woke up this morning my left eye felt scratchy, so I looked in the mirror and found a wierd white dot on the upper lid underneath my lashes where it was touching my eyeball! It clogged up a pore overnight and I actually had an eyelid zit!!! So, that's it for using it on my lashes, but I'm still going to give it a go on my brows.