October 24, 2014 | 1441 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by amara_lani

Top-recommended mask because it works to soften, smoothen, tighten, and brighten the skin. Part of the reason this works so well is the lactic acid which is a gentler acid for the skin than glycolics or salicylic acid. I love that smearing 2 TBSP of this stuff with or without honey works absolute wonders on all skin types and especially for my acne-prone sensitive skin. Leave this on for 5-10 minutes. You will feel it working right away.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

I wish I knew about this in High School. Really this is one of the best DIY facial treatments that I've used. Leaves my face super clean, clear, and soft. The lactic acid really does it's job and the thickness of the yogurt helps it stay put for a full 20 minute treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

I LOVE this mask! It's truly the best thing to meet my tempermental, angry red face in a VERY long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love it. i use homemade yogurt, a heaping teaspoon is enough. nothing gives my skin a glow like this mask, and it does wonders for the tiny bumps i get on my forehead that nothing else will remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Dina710

I used to be a beauty stuff junkie but over the past year I've noticed that most home remedies work just as well if not better than the stuff at drug and over priced boutiques. This one is definitely not an exception.

I usually buy a bunch of plain greek yogurt cups. I take a tbsp each morning mix with honey and let it sit on my face. I eat the rest of the yogurt with almonds and a dollup of honey (good for you and keeps it from being a waste of money)

...and ta daa breakfast and clearer skin in one little cup!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by scheda

I love this as a mask. I use buy the full fat Greek yogurts from the natural food store. And I don't add anything. I apply it using a circular motion, and make sure it gets absorbed into the skin, and leave it on for 5 min. It leaves my skin smooth and velvety, with a slight glow, and color in the cheeks. This is amazing. I think it works well for balancing combination skin. If you face is too dry or too oily, this might not be the mask for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by iarejanet

After reading reviews on MUA, I decided to give the yogurt mask a try. I decided to use the FAGE 2% yogurt.

As directed, I took a few spoonfuls of yogurt, added a few drops of EVOO, and a glob of honey..mixed it and applied it to my face for about 20-30 minutes.

After washing it off, my acne calmed down. The red marks were not as noticeable and my skin was soft.

I really like the thickness of the FAGE yogurt, the mask had great staying power. (I didn't have to worry about yogurt falling off my face)

I will def. repurchase and try the mask again.

I folllowed the advice of one fellow MUAer and poked a hole in a Vitamin E capsule...smeared the oil on my face.

I will update if I see more positive results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I really like this mask and am thankful to everyone who have posted their experiences and recipes thus far. This mask was very easy to concoct: a tablespoon or two of nonfat yogurt (because that was the kind I had in the fridge), a squeeze of lemon juice, a generous dollop of honey (the kind that comes in a bear, because I don't have fancier varieties on hand). I smeared the goop onto my face, then left it on for about 25 minutes (the timing is due to the fact that I was watching Hillary's speech at the DNC). I did have to keep a paper towel under my face because I was sitting at a table and was afraid of dripping, but no problems otherwise (it didn't drip into my eyes or anything). The yogurt scent didn't bother me at all. Especially after using more noxious face masks like the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (sulfur + mint = stinky).

I then rinsed it off with warm water and my skin felt fabulous! Usually exfoliating treatments will leave my skin smooth, but also a bit shiny and sometimes even red, but the yogurt mask left my skin petal-soft and semi-matte afterwards, with not even a hint of irritation or redness. I couldn't stop touching my face--the skin was so silky!

Of course, the results are not dramatic. It won't fade marks right away or diminish pores since the lactic acid in the yogurt is not that strong compared to glycolic acid. But it's a great, gentle exfoliating mask for people with drier skin (and a good prep for subsequent masks or treatments...now that I know about this, I won't repurchase Zia's Enzyme Mask).

I have combination skin that's been a little drier lately due to the unusually cool and dry August weather. I also use Tazorac almost every night so my skin is also thinner and more sensitive now. I've found that if you use effective skin treatments, then masks become sort of an afterthought and not something to spend a lot of money on. So the best part of this mask is how inexpensive and easy it is to make and to tweak to fit with your skin. If you're drier, add more honey and skip the lemon juice, or add aloe vera, (brown) sugar and/or rolled oats. If you're acne-prone, then you can add some crushed aspirin and/or clay powder. The possibilities are limited only by your creativity and the contents of your kitchen! continued >>

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a believer, thank you MUA once again for introducing me to a secret I wish I'd known years ago. Full-fat yogurt as a mask is unbelievable. The lactic acid is perfect for a little exfoliation and it feels soo good to apply to the skin. Yes its goopy and messy but its a tiny trade off for the benefits it provides: silky, plump, radiant skin. I mix it with honey and olive oil, or if I am in a hurry I just slap on some straight from the fridge - either is fantastic. I love love LOVE this...and I have very tempermental skin...acne prone and combination - its a nightmare really. But this mask is beautiful in assisting me maintain a healthy face. WOW...and yes you really should use the FULL fat, just do a search online and see for yourself - the low fat and non-fat is not as beneficial.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jennieclma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Don't know what took me so long to try this out, but I'm so happy I finally did! I have extremely oily skin, and some old acne mark, and I am prone to redness and breakout during period of stress/hormonal flunctuation. I was a bit concern that the yogurt (i used greek, less runny) would be too oily and may cause clogged pores and breakout. On the contrary, it left my skin velvety smooth and perfectly BALANCED! I add in some honey and orange juice to give it some kick. I'll continue using this recipe 2-3x a week to see if it'll keep my hormonal breakout at bay later this month. I'm also hoping it will help clear up some clogged pores on the side of my face. Usually they seem to never go away unless it suddenly becomes inflamed and turns into a full-blown white head. Hope this mask will solve this problem!