February 26, 2015 | 1932 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Milana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It definitely surprised me. After years of having dermatologists recommend this product AND having tried it before; I decided to give it another try. I have been on a constant quest to find the perfect cleanser and I can't believe something so simple actually worked better for me than all of the exotic and expensive brands I've tried.

The main reason I think Cetaphil works for me is because it is so simple. This product has finally ended the seemingly endless cycle of breakouts that I thought were from acne when they were really from skin irritation. I also think Cetaphil works so well for me because I'm not trying to use it to remove makeup and I do use harsher products like Mama Lotion and retinol to undue the pigmentation problem left from breakouts caused by other products.

If you are using any harsh products to improve your skin, such as Retin-A, Retinol, Mama Lotion, etc., then this may very well be the gentle cleanser that your skin needs.

****'UPDATE****

The poor cleansing properties of this cleanser caused some SERIOUS problems with my skin. I have to change my rating to a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Pixxychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! I'll never use anything else to clean my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KATHNH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for many years. On occasion I would try something else but I always come back to my good old Cetaphil.

First of all, it must be noted that I am terribly allergic to many things and Cetaphil doesn't make me break out. Secondly, it's not expensive because it lasts forever. It's fragrance-free which is very important for those of us with allergic skin.

I've never tried it for my eye makeup but I use it for my face and neck and I have also used it to shave my legs. Works pretty good in a pinch because you don't have to use any water with it so you can use it for a quick touch-up.

I do use it with water when I wash my face with it, though, and although some people, my daughter in particular, says it feels like it leaves an oily film, I just think it leaves my skin super soft - and clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

I would have never bought this if my skin wasnt so dry from Accutane. But my skin was so dry it was begining to actually hurt. My skin was so dry it felt tight and rough all the time.

My derm told me to buy this expensive sensitive skin cleanser, but it wasnt cutting it anymore. My skin was so tight and dry.Desperate, I went looking for Cetaphil. I read that it leaves a film on your face for moisture. This was what I needed.

So after using this cleanser for a little bit now, I can say it has really helped my skin. After I wash with it, my skin feels really clean. Actually, I dont feel any film on it. It rinses totally clean for me. Maybe its because my skin is so dry. Anyways, it leaves my skin super clean and super soft.

I am using this cleanser in conjunction with Cetaphils moisture cream, but the combo has made my skin soft again. I wouldnt recommend this for oily skin. BUt for those with dry, itchy, irritated skin, this is a must have cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by curioustammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i mean it's not bad and all. it's a pretty average cleanser didn't create a difference. i have acne oily skin. but it did seem as if it gave a film behind. i don't have anything wrong with it. just mentioning. it's a pretty average product. i dind't clear anything up. it just cleaned i guess.but the upside is that the bottle lasts forever. so i don't think i would buy the product again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by tecky

MyHG cleanser.I have been using this for 10 years & ofcourse I have tried other brands but this is always the best for me =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by katowu

It stings my eyes but not my face, I have somewhat sensitive skin but I'd rather use Avene Micellar lotion( no-rinse formula),it's much more effective. I use it as my makeup remover. If you are using it as a cleanser, it's ok,but you wanna use it to take off any makeup, trust me it will take forever and it will not take off anything water resistant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahh cetaphil!!! I've hesitated for a VERY long time in writing this review. (As though i work for them...) But i really was not impressed. My face just didn't feel clean, and it isn't the lack of lather that leaves me wanting (for i like Purity by Philosophy). I find it does not remove makeup well. And i don't have time to be triple washing. And even when I'm not wearing anything, i come away feeling like i need another pass or two with a scrub brush. For how much it costs, it's a bit too simple for me. Would not recommend. For a gentle face wash, I'd look at Purpose instead. I give it 3 and not lower because i dont hate it...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. It does exactly what it says it will. It's not harsh, it cleanses and rinses well, and it just works well in general. I really have to take issue with some of the complaints here. As for the the film it leaves behind, it states on the bottle that it will leave thin film behind to help seal moisture into your skin...it's not an unexpected or unpleasant surprise, if you just read the back label. Also, this cleanser is not intended to remove makeup, it's just meant to cleanse your skin and keep it healthy and good-looking. It doesn't have the "extra stuff" that heavier, more irritating cleansers have, which is the point. You need a makeup remover to effectively remove your makeup, or a heavier cleanser with different properties. I suggest either Pond's Clean Sweep (love it!), or something by Olay, Aveeno, or Dove. I'm not crazy about the price, even though it is a good cleanser, and I wish it came in a pump design to make it more "user-friendly". Despite that, I love it.

And lastly, if you have oily skin, this not the product for you. It is intended for people with dry/normal and dry/sensitive skin ONLY. Most of the negative reviews for this cleanser are from people with combination & oily skin. Cetaphil makes a cleanser for you people: Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by missCR

I have dry, sensitive skin and am prone to the occassional breakout. I have used this product intermittently for many years now. But I have now decided that it doesn't remove all make-up, meaning my face doesn't feel clean after washing and it tends to dry my skin out to much. The price is good though.