Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Pros: Gentle.
Cons: Hmm this cleanser is gentle and pleasant enough to use but I don't really find that it removes make up at all.
I've also recently become wary of the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate as it it highly irritating to skin, and I have been surprised by the number of "gentle cleansers" that contain it. Cetaphil is one of them. In terms of gentle cleansers, I have found that Moogoo (a fantastic Australian brand) and Caudalie work best for me and have much better ingredients.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I love this product. I got the travel size one for convenience, just for use as a facial cleanser. It removed my eye make up too (not sure if it would be any good for waterproof mascara)

Excellent value. Will buy the larger size in future.

Nell

I have just tried this after using every cleanser out there. I have oily, blemish-prone skin. I have found this to be great for my skin. Is calming, removes makeup and leaves skin so soft. Even my blemishes have eased up. When cleansing at night, I wash once to remove makeup and then a second time just for my skin. It's cheap enough to be able to! The large size comes with a pump and the smaller ones come with a flip top lid - great for travel.

Girls with oily skin don't be tempted to try the oily skin version of this. It seems to be really drying. Stick with the original.

I love this stuff! I can get it in my eyes and it doesnn't sting, it has no fragrance and it's affordable! :)

I have been using this product for ages. Every now and then I feel the need for a little glamour and I go and try something else but I inevitably return to this as it is such a lovely gentle cleanser. I do find that I need to use a washer to assist in washing it off though to remove all traces of makeup.

This is a good product for people with sensative skin. I have ecsema and rozesa and keep going back to this. Its gentle. Won't remove all your make up but it is a nice general use product that is inexpensive. Look for it at costco its much much cheaper there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Cetaphil is great for sensitive skin. It is very gentle but gives you the right amount of clean. The only reason I don't use it everyday is because I'm acne-prone and it won't clear acne.

This is the only product my sister can use. She has sensitive skin, prone to excema. I used it as well and it's a great daily. I can rub it into my eyes painlessly.
Only down for me is that I have acne-prone, combination skin. When I want a deeper cleanse or I have foundation on, I use Cetaphil's skin cleanser for oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is the only thing that works on my rosacea skin to reduce the redness. Right after cleansing with this- my redness is greatly diminished.

BUT this seems to really exacerbate my dry skin after cleansing. There is a tiny bit of itchiness as well.

I am looking for my HG cleanser. Still looking.

my skin: dry, ageing, sensitive, rosacea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have sensitive and acne prone skin... DEFINITELY not meant for makeup removing, but that's why there are cotton balls, wash cloths, etc. I wet my face, pour some on a cotton ball, and BAM removes my makeup! =) Doesn't worsen my pimples or anything. Worth a try! But remember, if you wear makeup do the cotton ball thing instead of makeup removing cloths blah blah.

Video Reviews & Tutorials