September 17, 2014 | 1755 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ukbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing a lot about this product, I gave it a try since its said to be good for sensitive skin.

It was a total disasster. After washing, it did not remove dirty like my previous cleansers. The cotton wool i used for the toner had more dirt than i had seen in a couple of yours. It doesnt remove any dirty

I wouldnt recommend it to anyone i love

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Someone at sometime will have to explain to me why this is doctor-recommended because I personally think it's garbage. Smells bad (very medicinal), overpriced, doesn't foam, and if you use Differin like I do, IT STINGS LIKE CRAZY!!!!! Gentle my fanny.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by phizzybee

I would only really recommend cetaphil for cleansing if you haven't been wearing makeup. IT's just not quite aggressive enough to remove foundation, and is more suited to dry or irritated skin. having said all that, my partner uses it regularly since he's been introduced, and it suits his skin fine (it's normal, well behaved). Lasts for ages and always handy to have to help soften and remove makeup (especially eyes), then I wash with something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by vnessuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is FABULOUS! If you have skin like mine, DRY, FLAKY, BLEMISH PRONE, occasionally oily spots, this cleanser will work miracles. My ENTIRE life, i've tried cleanser after cleanser finding them too moisture stripping, causing my skin to go on oil production OVERLOAD. If you've tried this and gave up from the first time you used it, go back! I too was skeptical. This cleanser doesnt burn, or tingle, feel like it's working, or leave a "SQUEAKY" clean feeling. It does exactly what it's supposed to. I use a cold cream to melt makeup off and then wash my face with this once i wipe the cold cream off. The best thing for ANY skin is a CLEAN and MOISTURIZED face...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and this is pretty much the only cleanser I keep coming back to. My dermatologist recommended it, and I've never looked back! For those that are used to the sort of squeaky clean feeling that other cleansers give you, you may not feel that Cetaphil gets your face really clean (I definitely didn't at first!). However, my face also doesn't get that dry, tight feeling post washing with Cetaphil either, so I suppose that's something to consider :)

Maybe not for everyone, but for those who are sensitive definitely give Cetaphil a try! (I also use the lotion as well, my dermatologist said I'm doomed to use unfragranced lotions till the end of my days... *sob*).

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mk80

stopped using it once in a while too... it just doesn't seem to clean anything... using up the bottle while shaving legs...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lindylu22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great gentle cleanser, but I personally like a cleanser that removes every trace of makeup and oil. I know this is probably best for the skin, but I like a stronger cleanser. My skin is too oily for this, but if I were to one day have dry skin or sunburned skin this would be the first thing I would go to the store and buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by puppyciao23

It's probably very good for sensitive skin but it didn't really get my face that clean, and the fact that it doesn't foam bothered me (and now I'm using purity made simple which doesn't foam yet still gets my face clean, so it's not just the fact that it didn't foam...)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by amber_nussbaum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! After trying many, many cleansers this is the one that works for me! About half the time I use it I mix it with baking soda to get some nice exfoliation. I highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sweetums

I decided to try to this product because of the good reviews and because I have very sensitive skin. I have oily, sensitive skin. I will say that the product is good for sensitive skin- I had no irritations or anything. However, Cetaphil made my skin more oily than it already was and I felt like it was not cleansing my face like it should, even after rinsing with warm water. My skin still felt dirty.