November 21, 2014 | 1688 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2007 7:00:00 AM More reviews by the_heartless

Works well, not too harsh but tends to dry my skin out a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jaylb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was having a horrible time with my skin so I switched to this hoping that a gentler cleanser was in order. This removes all my makeup and is very gentle. My skin has cleared up considerably which could also be from using witch hazel as a toner, but I do like this and find it a great basic cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sugahxpops

So gentle, it's like I'm washing my face with silk.

I can't believe I spent all this time NOT using this!

Cheap, gentle, big bottles.

Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by elisabethlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this cleaser after my dermatologist told me to. After the birth of my child- my flawless, perfect skin started breaking out for the first time in my life. I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed this and Retin-A. Both of which dried my skin out. I stopped using Retin-A and continued to use Cetaphil and my skin was still terribly dry.

I finally found a great estethcian who referred me to an allergist. Turns out- I was having major sensitivites to some things. Quit those and also quit using Cetaphil. My skin is now clear again and on track to being moisturized.

I never really felt as if my face got "clean" with Cetaphil. I figure for normal skin without problems, it is a great cleanser. But for my sensistive skin, it wasn't working.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Chloe2211

Love this stuff. Great price, great smell, great everything! I have combination skin and I use the one for normal to oily skin- the one that is a gel consistency. Best stuff ever!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is interesting. I have very sensitive skin and so sometimes when I try new products I get really bad allergic reactions. If I switch to this cleanser, it clears up my irritation almost immediately - BUT if I continue using it for long then I get these odd red bumps. Only one or two on my face, but it is odd. I've been using this cleanser on and off for years, and it happens every time! I think its the SLS but who knows. So I always keep some on hand for the rare irritation, but I only use it until the irritation is gone then go back to my normal cleanser.

I have read a lot of negative reviews from people who tried this who have oily skin. If you have oily skin, perhaps this isn't the best for you and you may want to try Cetaphil's other cleanser for oily/combination skin. I have had friends with oily skin who much prefer the one for the oily/combination. Although, I have combo skin and I can use this and feel fine, everyone is different :o)

One note: it is not the best at removing make-up, especially the long lasting waterproof stuff or foundation. If you use an eye makeup remover and washcloth though, it helps.

In summary, if you have sensitive and irritated skin, this is great to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by starskyee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG facial cleanser, and I'll tell you why.
If, like me, you have very dry and sensitive skin, this has been the most gentle cleanser I have ever used!
It does not strip my skin and make me feel tight and dry like every single other cleanser I've ever tried. Another plus is it has no fragrance, which in a facial product, is just another irritant. It is not a lathering cleanser, but that is actually much better for your skin. The ingredient that makes a cleanser lather up can be drying, and it isn't necessary to clean.
For people that have said it leaves a film, you just need to rinse better. The "film" it leaves is actually something that people like me like, because it is just a sort of emollient that helps keep my skin moisturized.
Those with very oily skin might not be as thrilled as those of us with dry skin.
I do use a lotion type eye makeup remover with this, I like the one by Avon. I've tried all the expensive brands, and I still go back to the Avon moisturizing eye makeup remover.
I find it works great with the Cetaphil. But I also wear foundation sometimes, and Cetaphil takes it off nicely.
I apply it to a wash cloth first. I've never had a problem with any makeup being left behind at all.
I have tried much pricier cleansers and once again, I still always go back to Cetaphil, it is just so much more gentle than everything else I've tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by missty21

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the same problems as Rascaz, sensitive acne prone skin. 12 years of acne and just about every product on the market with little or no results. After 2 or 3 days of this I had NO acne. At all. The brown spots had even started to fade. And my skin which is dry from Retin A no longer needs moisturizer since using this. My skin looks like an airbrushed picture , something that I have not expreinced since about the age of 10. But it does not lather which is hard to get used to so only 4 lippies for this amazing product.(Clinique has a good pre wash foam cleanser to help remove makeup if you still want to try this).
Update: I get the best results if I rub this in for about 20 seconds and then rinse with water. This leaves no film on my skin which some others have complained about.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by mrodriguez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would say cetaphil is one of the most softest gentle cleanser i have evr used. I have been using this product for two years and it works great. It doesnt take out makup though. Good price too. i would by it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rascaz

This product will not give you a squeaky clean feeling, but I'm not thoroughly convinced a cleanser is supposed to do that. It does clean your face without harming your skin. It does not remove eye makeup, but it does it's intended purpose; clean skin. I have very sensitive acne prone, combo skin. I have been through a million cleaners and scrubs, but this seems to be the most simple, least harmful method of cleansing my face. At times, I do use scrubs and masks with this product to give myself a thorough cleaning. But it's a great everyday cleanser.