Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/19/2007 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Not cleansing enough, didn't take all my makeup off. I think that's why my skin has been bumpy-because my pores are congested. I don't mind the non-foaming, gel consistency. And it's cheap as chips.
But it didn't do much for me, didn't make my skin better or worse. I have acne-prone combination skin, congested pores.

on 9/15/2007 10:58:00 AM

I liked how this cleanser made my face softer...but it doesn't do anything in terms of removing makeup. It's a pain to have to wash my face with two diffent products just to get my foundation off! Also, I'm a swimmer, and the chlorine makes my skin very sensitive - so sensitive that even this "gentle skin" formula makes my face burn. It would probably be fine for others, but it just didn't work for me!

on 9/10/2007 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love Cetaphil gentle formula. I've been using it for a couple of years now (believe it or not Tori Amos named it as a favorite product in an interview and that led me to it) and it is one of few cleansers that actually IS gentle enough for my ultra-sensitive skin. What's great about this cleanser is that it does not strip moisture from your skin at all. Many "gentle" cleansers dry out my face in the cheek area. Not this one. Also, it's cheap!

on 9/9/2007 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I started using this product in my mid-teens. I am South Asian and have combination skin, tending towards oily. My doctor recommended this product as a more gentle way to clean my skin instead of using soap. I noticed an immediate difference! The product is gentle and an effective cleanser. My skin, which was already dry + sensitive from using presciptive treatments, started to feel much better and more moisturized as my natural oil balance returned without having to switch my precriptions, creams or anything else. It also improved the texture and tone of my skin. Finally, the product is a fairly effective makeup remover if used dry. Simply apply to your face w/o water and wipe away with tissue, followed by washing your face. I wear fairly light makeup but it was effective on heavy eye shadows.

I used this product for many years (switched just for the heck of it but I would always go back to it) and would especially recommend it to younger people having a hard time with typical teen skin problems :-)

on 9/6/2007 7:19:00 AM

I like it as a hand cleanser, since it doesn't dry your skin, but, frankly, I'll stick to my purity for face cleansing, I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and this stuff won't even budge it, not even gonna go there on waterproof mascara.

on 9/5/2007 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for any one who has sensitive skin. I have oily and acne prone skin and I find that this product gently cleans my face effectively-removing dirt and makeup. Definetly woth buying!

on 9/5/2007 10:35:00 AM

I donít understand what the big deal is either. I know the major thing cleanser claims to do it clear acne, and leave skin clear. But I donít feel like it does that at all. I donít like the way its soo watery. I like the FEEEEL the soap working : ) And I know this might be asking to much, But I want a face wash that will so take off my eye makeup in the process. I found all that in the Aveno Cleansing Pads. What might work for one might not work for another.

on 9/4/2007 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as my morning facial cleanser (I use a makeup remover facial cleanser at night). It doesn't strip my skin and it doesn't it feeling too tight. Contrary to others saying it felt greasy afterwards, I can actually feel it cleaning my face as it moisturizes. I don't recommend using this as a makeup remover/cleanser though. It might not cut through all the gunk. I have a very oily skin. Along with my witch hazel toner and water-based moisturizer, this actually made my face less oily and kept me away form breakouts.

on 9/1/2007 8:47:00 PM

This is an awesome cleanser that cleans without stripping. This and Spectro Jel are the only two cleansers that don't leave me with tight, dry skin after washing. I have combo skin leaning on the dry side for my cheeks. As for the cleaning power, since it's gentle, I need to massage it on the face for a longer time around my T zone and that usual does the job well on a regular basis. It even takes out my non-waterproof makeup. When I want an extra boost for cleaning my T-zone, I add some milk powder and/or corn meal to it and use that like a scrub. The milk powder provides a gentle AHA.
I don't see the need to spend more money on expensive products when this is perfect for cleansing sans fragrance.

on 8/31/2007 7:12:00 AM

I'm in my 40's with slightly oily skin and this product left my skin feeling dirty and greasy. I also hate the texture which, frankly, reminds me of snot. Within 5 days of using it I had a lovely crop of blackheads.