Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/22/2007 8:45:00 PM

This stuff sucks! It never felt that my skin was even clean. It was like there was a film of stuff left on my face. Yuck! Never again!

i have sensitive skin that is oily on the outside but dry on the inside, i also break out very often, my dermatologist recommended that i try this but i hated it.... it didnt take off my makeuo or really did anything for my skin, the only thing good about it is the price

on 7/19/2007 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

im no stranger to umscented, gross feeling, prescription face products as i suffered from eczma and acne.when my beloved aqueous cream (dermatologist recommended unscented cold cream) started to sting, i received a sample of cetaphil skin cleanser. i used it twice, and noticed how chemically smellling it was which was a major put off because it was so strong smelling compared to all other prescription products ive used.but i could get over that lol and im used to a non lathering face wash.but then i noticed a little spread of miniature white heads and bumpy skin across my chin! so i cut the cetaphil cleanser out of my routine and they started to go away. usually i can use anything on my skin while im on roaccutane because blocked pores just dont happen, but this 'gentle' cleanser didnt agree with me.but i dont mind because it smelt gross and my run of the mill bodyshop cleanser works far better than this anyway.

on 7/18/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used Cetaphil for approximately 8-10 years. I only use it in the morning when I first wake up. I have extremely sensitive skin and this cleanser is the most gentle pick-me-up. I will continue to use this for years and years to come.

I really don't understand what the big deal is over this. I'm convinced with this there were definitely some heavy "incentives" given to dermatologists by the Cetaphil company in order to promote this product. I have sensitive skin and don't find this gentle. It actually makes my skin a bit red. I have oily skin, so it also makes me feel really greasy and it never gets rid of all my makeup. I dunno, I guess it's different for everyone. I for one, never got the hype.

on 7/16/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As consumer whores, we are slaves to the glitz of marketting.

Unfortunately, because cetaphil doesnt use advertisements, catchy slogans, or esthetically pleasing bottles, very few women actually use these products which, in my opinion, is a shame... but then again, i suppose i'm a hypocrite who sporadically returns to cetaphil but always end up bored with the packaging. Sad, isnt it? When did bottle become more important than effect?

My review: This product doesnt lather, because i'm so used to that sudsy, drying feeling from washing my face, i'm always convinced that this product isnt working... however, that being said, after using this cleanser I NEVER feel tight or uncomfortable like i usually do with the other cleansers.

Comes in a huge bottle for a great price, always available, and, most importantly, reliable for us sensitive skin ladies. I have fairly brutal eczema that literally begs for me to use cetaphil - i don't always listen unfortunately, and end up throwing money in the garbage by buying all the other overhyped crap out there.

if only i could somehow convince myself that this product is like the 'little skin care line that could' - nobody believed in it at first, but in the end, miracles happened.

on 7/15/2007 9:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cleanser doesn't seem to clean my face very well. It is difficult to create a lather and smooth on the face. It tends to be goopy. I'm not a fan

on 7/14/2007 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff, its great! My derm put me on it, its just so gentle and feels like water almost. I now buy the generic because I go through alot of it (twice a day, and I tend to put alot on...I love the feeling of it) and also because I find it to be pretty expensive, although the bottle/pump combo is pretty big and would probably last normal people a few months. I also use the moisturizer with it, and together they are great!

on 7/13/2007 1:42:00 PM

This is the best GENTLE cleanser... I feel like I'm not damaging my skin at all when I use this. I only use it in the morning though. I use a slightly stronger wash at night to get off all the day's dirt and makeup.

on 7/13/2007 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mom had been recommending this to me for years and I didn't pay attention because it seemed so boring and medicinal. When she was visiting, I finally decided to give it a shot since nothing else was helping my acne. So far, I have found this to be very gentle, as advertised, and I think my skin is clearing up as a result. My mom and I also suffer from rosacea and both of our dermatologists recommended it for that, I think because it is non-irritating.

The consistency is a little goopy and I find it hard to spread on my face. At first, I thought the film it left was weird, but when my skin was soft and started clearing up, I changed my mind. My skin is oily but I think it was also dry, if this makes sense, so this seems to strike a great balance.

Only problem is that I tend to go through it pretty quickly. I probably use too much. Target has the cheapest prices, I think.

Video Reviews & Tutorials