Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/24/2007 5:08:00 PM

People should really stop complaining about how Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup, how it doesn't lathers, etc. What I don't understand is how people can put soapy cleansers on their face that dry out their skin over time and cause major irritation.

Cetaphil is fantastic. It is gentle, yet it gets the job done right. After using it for nearly a month now, my skin is smooth and radiant. It got rid of my redness and flakiness. It also washes off nicely, is fragrance-free, and has a low hazard rating on the EWG website, which is always a plus for anything you put on your skin!

Seriously, do your skin a favour.

Edit: I got bored with Cetaphil and tried a couple of other cleansers, and my skin was left with breakouts and redness. Cetaphil cleared it all up in a couple of days, and I won't change again.

on 8/24/2007 4:40:00 PM

I started using this product because I had perioral dermatitis and my dermatologist said it could be because of the harsh lotions and products I had been using on my skin. I've been using it consistantly for 2 months now and after one month, my pores look SO GOOD! I don't have blackheads on my nose and the skin around it anymore so now my skin looks and is cleaner. . my dermatitis is looking better also. I only wear eye makeup and it seems to take most of it off. I'll keep using Cetaphil for a long time. Happy customer here!!

on 8/24/2007 3:28:00 AM

I have sensitive skin and have been to at least 4 dermatologists who have recommended me to use this. It is a staple in cleaning my face. I love how it cleans without drying my face. I don't think it is used to remove make up as I have a separate cream that I use for that. I will always stick with this product.

Anyhow, to those who want to use this to remove their make up you may have to use it at least 2-3 washes for the make up to come off your face.

on 8/23/2007 1:36:00 AM

I always rely on this for my AM cleansing, when i dont have to take off makeup. It is NOT a makeup remover. I occasionally use it as a treatment by making a paste out of it with one or two aspirin.

on 8/22/2007 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

True, it's not a life-changing cleanser, but it is gentle & makes my skin feel very soft. For the price, the bottle is huge & should last you a while. I'm used to lathering cleansers as well, but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm glad it doesn't irritate my skin. I always use toner after I cleanse, so that helps with any leftover make-up & residue. I would repurchase, but I'll probably buy other cleansers too.

on 8/22/2007 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Cetaphil is a good staple product to keep on hand. Whenever I feel like I've used too many products, or overdone things on my face, I use Cetaphil cleanser in a warm shower, and while it doesn't really FEEL like it's doing too much, I know that this is probably a good thing. I find that if I've got some blemishes, I don't go easy enough on my skin which I need to remember to do, otherwise it just gets worse. Cetaphil is simple, gentle, doesn't strip the skin of good oils, and is a good thing to have in a skin first aid kit. This is best used for my skin when it's drier, so in the winter months.

on 8/21/2007 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

although i'm a big supporter of the Cetaphil moisturizers, i never got what everyone was raving about with this cleanser. i remember when i was in high school everyone would talk about this and all the magazines would recommend it as the best (very much the same way that they now do w/the dreaded Maybelline Great Lash) option out there. to me, it never removed my makeup and i never really felt like my skin was clean after washing with it. it doesn't lather, and i thought that maybe i didn't like it cause i wasn't used to a non-lathering cleanser, but i now know that's not the case because i kind of like Purity Made Simple. maybe it's gentle and it doesn't dry your face out, but if it doesn't clean it or remove your makeup either, what's the point?

on 8/20/2007 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because it is so cheap but unfortunately, this does not remove my makeup - specifically eye makeup and especially foundation.

At the recommendation of my derm., I moved on to the Purpose cleanser and feel it does a better job and is just as gentle. Not to mention I like a little lather.

PS - I have read a bunch of VERY UNHAPPY reviewers defending this product saying it doesn't remove dirt or make-up and people should read the directions, go to the website, etc. When I read the word "CLEANSER" on a botttle -I expect it to CLEANSE. What I expect it to CLEANSE is dirt/oil and/or make-up.

I read from another reviewer that it isn't meant to be used to remove dirt or make-up - then what does it remove?!! Why are you using it ????

on 8/20/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This didn't really remove all makeup and it left a film on my face. I didn't like this and stuck the bottle under the sink for when I'm desperate and out of everything else!

on 8/19/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Acccccck! The burning, the burning! It hurts, and it hurts bad. I wish I loved it, I wish it worked for me, but this stuff flat out hurts.

Video Reviews & Tutorials