April 20, 2014 | 1271 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Turquoise917

This was fine on me when I wasn't breaking out. This can work for me in colder climates. I don't use this to cleanse my face but to remove make-up (better than old fashioned cold cream). :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by korean

this is a very gentle cleanser.good for my combo skin. i don't breakout when i use this. but if you want to feel squeaky clean this is not the wash for you.and if you wear longwearing makeup you may need to use another cleanser 1st.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

I don't like this for all over face cleanser because it just doesn't seem to leave my skin feeling clean. I do however love this as an eye makeup remover.
Other eye makeup removers sting or blur my eyes, but this removes all shadow, mascara, and liner easily, without leaving my eyes greasy or dry.
I put a little on a cotton ball, rub gently over my eye, then rinse the cotton with water and remove excess lotion off my eyes. Causes no irritation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

this is a decent cleanser, but it is loaded with chemicals and can make you break out. i try to only use all natural cleansers now, but when i need to use a 'basic' cleanser i go with purpose now. yes, it is more drying than cetaphil, but i have somewhat oily skin so that doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Albert3333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and this is a product I have been using for years. I have tried others but for the price and effectiveness, this is great. My dermatologist recommends it every time I see him.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by AquariusDaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it for my sensitive skin, I had been using it and stopped for a while and went back to "ol faithful".It has an almost non exsisting scent but cleans really well especially make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by breezyred

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works very well as a daily cleanser. It actually made my sensitive skin itchy at first, but for some reason I stuck with it, and it went away. I use it daily, and I can't imagine replacing it anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by vainity

This is a simple yet effective product, unlike some cleanser in the market, which will make your face feel very dry and tight after using, this left you with a soft and hydrating feel, and its the most non-irritating cleanser i've used, and trust me, i've used quite alot of those cleanser by reputable skincare brands, and most are too harsh for sensitive skin. I've read quite a number of negative review in this forum for this cleanser, and the problem lies with those user using it to remove their makeup, and oh my, this is not suppose to be a makeup remover!! this is just a cleanser. so if you do use a makeup, do use a makeup remover before using any facial cleanser, even if it mention about its ability to remove makeup. (this product mention nothing about removing makeup)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this got such low reviews. I love this for my super sensitive dry skin. I use this at night with a washcloth & it gets all my makeup off. I use Plexion cleanser (perscription) in the morning. I tried this based on Paula Begoun's reccomendations. I would highly recomend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No, I never did buy this product again. I tried this a while back based on its 'cult following.' This did absolutely NOTHING for me , except leave makeup behind and a filmy feeling on my skin. I don't get it. I guess if it works for you, great and consider yourself lucky being it's so cheap.