October 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by missty21

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the same problems as Rascaz, sensitive acne prone skin. 12 years of acne and just about every product on the market with little or no results. After 2 or 3 days of this I had NO acne. At all. The brown spots had even started to fade. And my skin which is dry from Retin A no longer needs moisturizer since using this. My skin looks like an airbrushed picture , something that I have not expreinced since about the age of 10. But it does not lather which is hard to get used to so only 4 lippies for this amazing product.(Clinique has a good pre wash foam cleanser to help remove makeup if you still want to try this).
Update: I get the best results if I rub this in for about 20 seconds and then rinse with water. This leaves no film on my skin which some others have complained about.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by mrodriguez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i would say cetaphil is one of the most softest gentle cleanser i have evr used. I have been using this product for two years and it works great. It doesnt take out makup though. Good price too. i would by it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rascaz

This product will not give you a squeaky clean feeling, but I'm not thoroughly convinced a cleanser is supposed to do that. It does clean your face without harming your skin. It does not remove eye makeup, but it does it's intended purpose; clean skin. I have very sensitive acne prone, combo skin. I have been through a million cleaners and scrubs, but this seems to be the most simple, least harmful method of cleansing my face. At times, I do use scrubs and masks with this product to give myself a thorough cleaning. But it's a great everyday cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by modfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the person who said that this stuff doesn't clean well. After I use it, my skin feels so residuey and my (non water-proof) mascara is all over the place. I have oily skin so maybe it's not good for my skin type, but overall, I was VERY DISSAPOINTED!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ALC0325

Just starting using this about a month ago. I was using Purpose and Olay. I like it so far. Isn't really over-drying and I have dry skin, so this is important to me. It does nothing for eye make-up. I have to use remover for that, but overall I have been pleased. I have really sensitive skin and it hasn't caused any break-outs at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by melocoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several bottles of this over the years, usually because of the raves in every magazine. I think I seem to forget that it really doesn't do much for my skin. The smell is't that pleasant and considering its a sensitive formula I actually found it quite drying and left my skin with no glow and a bit rough and slightly broken out. For around the same price I got much better results with the Garnier soft cream cleanser and the Nivea cream cleanser which aren't drying and don't break out the skin. This is so not worth the hype!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by SanjaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No, no this product is not good. 1. It doesn't clean!!! Your face will still have stuff (makeup, etc) on it. I always use a toner afterwards and you wouldn't belive how dirty that cotton ball is! Might as well just use water!!!
2. It leaves your skin dry!
3. It does nothing for acne

I really wanted to like it cause its so highly recommended by some... but its time to admit it. IT SUCKED.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Candacetyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unless you have extremely dry or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product for you. This is a very gentle & creamy cleanser, & if you like the squeaky clean feeling after cleansing, then you will be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have VERY sensitive skin that reacts (yes, break-outs) and have tried everything out there. Most cleansers dry my face and many lotions cause pimples. I tried this "Gentle Cleanser" given that it is especially formulated for sensitive skin and seriously, I cannot remember the last time my skin was this bad. The cleanser gave me skin oily (which only happens when I use cheap chemical sunscreens) by leaving an "unrinseable" film. I does everything but clean your skin - or remove make-up for that matter.
There are other cleansers out there that actually clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

My HG. I was told years ago, when I was experiencing acne and milia, to get rid of all of my cleansers, lotions etc. and just use Cetaphil. Years later, I am still using this and my skin looks great.