April 23, 2014 | 1904 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by brinasmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was first introduced to cetaphil as a 13 year old being put on Retin-A for acne. My dermatologist said to use something very gentle such as cetaphil or purpose cleansers. First I tried purpose but that made my skin soooo dry and painful along with the Retin-a, so then I tried the cetaphil and that really made all the difference in the world. It is so smoothing, and soft and gentle. I have even started my 7 year old washing her face with it because I believe you can never be too young to start taking proper care of your skin. Every time I have been on Retin-A since, the only thing I can use is cetaphil. I rub it all over my face and then take a damp washcloth to wipe it off and then finish off with a splash of water. My only concern is that it doesnt seem to take off all the makeup you are wearing. I also use the cheaper Equate version for half of what it costs because it can be a little pricey, and I also think they should put it in pump dispenser that way some of the product wouldn't be wasted because it comes out of the container very quickly because its very runny.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent cleanser which was recommended by my dermatologist. Does not irritate my skin.

I use this cleanser in the morning and evening in conjunction with my prescription acne medications.

*UPDATE* - I currently use the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar because it is dirt cheap compared to the Gentle Skin Cleanser. The bar soap lasts longer too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to try this in place of my Spectro Jel cleanser, hoping it would remove my makeup a little better. It did remove my makeup, but it also left a disgusting powdery film on my face (no matter how much I rinsed). I'm guessing it's supposed to be a moisturizing film, but it didn't absorb and turned into an oily mess after a few hours. I normally don't have oil issues. It was really gross. I was also left with about a dozen clear, oil-filled pimples afterwards. I wasn't impressed at all. I tried it a couple more times but only got the same results. I also don't approve with the company's decision to put Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in the cleanser. This ingredient is a huge no-no for people with eczema or easily irritated skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sthomson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. Dont try and wash your makeup off with it though. I just use it in the morning and it is PERFECT for my combination/acne-prone skin. You only need a tiny bit aswell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by juuuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

excellent for sensitive and irritated skin. helped me through the winter months and prevented my temperamental skin from drying out~! love it
My sister on the other hand who has oily skin says it leaves her face feeling oily but has helped with reduce her outbreaks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by BettyGrable

I really did not like this stuff. I thought it was exspensive, made my skin dry and itchy, and did NOT take all my make-up off.

I prefer my good ol' Pond's Cold Cream to this stuff any day of the week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by titabonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this cleanser has found a permanent home in my medicine cabinet. it removes make up along with a wash cloth or it simply be used as agentle cleanser when using irritating treatments ie; retin-a, peels, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by skeeta

This does the job well. Removes all makeup, and makes my skin feel soft! I use it w/out water to remove makeup, and with water in the shower in the mornings.

The packaging isnt too scary for males either. My b/f refuses to use scrubs, masks, cleansers or ANYTHING that isnt soap or water. However, he uses this (he thought it was liquid soap) and his skin is now awesome!

EDIT: I've change my mind about this product, I can't help but feel a greasy film with this now. I feel like i need to scrub my face with soap afterwards. I dont know whats changed, the product - or me.. but i can't buy this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only complaint I have about this product is that it doesn't remove all of my makeup so sometimes I have to wash my face twice or use it with a makeup remover. That said, it is the only cleanser that doesn't make my face break out and I have tried ones for sensitive skin and deep cleansing, etc. I also like how after washing with this my face doesn't feel stretched and tight and in a pinch I can use it without water! It doesn't ever sting or burn eyes and the contaier has a lid that snaps down which I prefer to a pump because I travel with it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lady_astrid2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

instead of paying $7 for the cetaphil brand, i payed $4 for the equate version. i LOVED it. it moisturizes my face (i don't rinse with water but just wipe it off with a soft coth) and simultaneously cleans off all of the gunk. my face doesn't feel squeaky clean, but i don't want it to- i just want healthy skin that doesn't break out. i originally bought this because it is hypo-allergenic, and i really need that with my PPP skin. my friend also told me that her brother uses this because he has eczema, so i knew that it would be very gentle. the only thing that i do not like about this product is the bottle, because i feel like i always get WAY too much product in my hands. i don't really mind though, because it's only $4 a bottle, and its such a big bottle that it will probably last for well over a month, even with two washings a day.