January 28, 2015 | 1208 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by redabandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, it does clean your face, but I can't get past the perfumy smell it has. I used it to wash my hands one day and kept wondering why I was smelling bug spray until I realized it was the Cetaphil on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kateecakes

How good this product is for you depends on what you need it for.

I always use this for my eyes. If I have to wash my face (to reapply make up before going out or something) I use this cleanser.

It is gentle and lovely.

If you have dry or extremely sensitive or even perfect skin. . . this is perfect for your everyday cleanser. If you are acne prone like me, this is perfect for your eyes and for times when you have "specia;" needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is thin and sensitive, this one does not cause irritation and leaves soft feel. The only pro is it does not clean make up very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2007 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Jupee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cetaphil. I remember when everyone went Cetaphil crazy? Was this caused by another Allure endorsement? I think so. Yes, Cetaphil is gentle, scent-free, and all that good stuff. The price is ok, a bit pricey for drugstore. I tried it on my face: left a film, and didn't feel clean. Tried to remove eye makeup: bad idea, folks. I won't use this on my face, but it's the only cleanser i use for sensitive private areas. It's good to have on hand, in case your skin gets chapped and you can't tolerate soap. It's a staple, like vaseline. Will buy and buy and buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I keep coming back to this cleanser. It is gentle, yet very effective. I'm fine with its price considering how it works. It is a surfactant, not a soap, so it is gentler than other soap based cleansers. It's suppose to lift up all the dirt from face without harming your skin. I have a pump dispenser since I don't like the flip-cap they usually have. It works great. Whenever I have skin trouble I turn to this and it calms my skin and keep it clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by xxheartstearxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE CETAPHIL! I've been using this product for two years now. I don't trust it to wash off my makeup, but I do start my night regimine with this. It is perfect for sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. It is slightly overpriced, but if you buy large quantaties of it, it is much cheaper.

I loved this brand so much that I started using the lotion shortly after I purchased the cleanser. I use the lotion twice a day. It is NOT greasy in any way, and does what is supposed to do. I love these products, and would definately continue purchasing them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a lovely, gentle cleanser that soothes and nourishes. The gentle ingredients take care of the skin and I love how my face never feels tight after washing. The scent is soft and subdued, perfect for those with sensitive skin. After using this for a couple of days, dry patches cleared right up and my skin felt noticeably softer and smoother. I just love the way it gently cleanses and soothes, removing daily oil and dirt buildup without stripping the skins' natural oils. The texture does take a while to get used to, especially if you're used to really bubbly, foaming cleansers. I love how it comes in a huge, economic bottle; it'll last me ages!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SPOILEDkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very mixed about this one. It does most of what it's supposed to do - it cleans my face and is very gentle. I bought the one that says it takes off makeup, but it doesn't really get all the makeup off. I only use it in the morning when I just have to wash off last night's cream. The reason I keep buying it is because I can't find another gentle cleanser that doesn't strip my skin. It's an okay cleanser, but nothing amazing that makes a difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by luckycorvettegrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for a really great cleanser for a long, long time. After working in the cosmetic industry for a couple of years, I've tried them all from the expensive department store brands like Chanel, to the cheap drugstore brands like CVS brand.

A friend suggested I try Cetaphil, and I absolutely love it! I have incredibly dry skin, and the one that is formulated for the normal to oily skin doesn't dry my skin out! It's the first cleanser that I have felt really cleans down to the pores, washes off my makeup, and doesn't irritate it at all. It's very very mild, and the packaging is very user-friendly, as it has a pump and it dispenses easily.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with very sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Milana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It definitely surprised me. After years of having dermatologists recommend this product AND having tried it before; I decided to give it another try. I have been on a constant quest to find the perfect cleanser and I can't believe something so simple actually worked better for me than all of the exotic and expensive brands I've tried.

The main reason I think Cetaphil works for me is because it is so simple. This product has finally ended the seemingly endless cycle of breakouts that I thought were from acne when they were really from skin irritation. I also think Cetaphil works so well for me because I'm not trying to use it to remove makeup and I do use harsher products like Mama Lotion and retinol to undue the pigmentation problem left from breakouts caused by other products.

If you are using any harsh products to improve your skin, such as Retin-A, Retinol, Mama Lotion, etc., then this may very well be the gentle cleanser that your skin needs.

****'UPDATE****

The poor cleansing properties of this cleanser caused some SERIOUS problems with my skin. I have to change my rating to a 1.