November 20, 2014 | 2024 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Nice cleaner for dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by anatomie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product and excellent value for money. I choose it time and time again over the pricier and more elegant brand name cleansers because it also doubles an awesome make-up remover - even for my eyes, which are generally very sensitive to eye makeup removing products.

It is unfragranced, won't clog your pores & is really gentle on sensitive skin. I have normal skin and find cleansing can be very drying, but this is a very moisturising cleanser & doesn't leave your face feeling tight at all. Definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hermione007

I have sensitive, combination, breakout-prone skin. Every dermatologist I have ever seen always recommends Cetaphil for me, whether I am using a prescription acne product or not. I have tried it several times over the years and it just doesn't work for me at all, what a mess. It must be the #1 dermatologist-recommended product on earth that never works.

I don't like lotion-type cleansers, I prefer foaming, but I have given Cetaphil so many chances. I want to like it- dermatologists must know best, right? Well, it is actually not that gentle on my skin, it leaves my skin pink and greasy and leaves a greasy film. It doesn't do a thing for breakouts and even though it's not supposed to blog pores I swear it seems to clog mine. Even the areas where my skin is dry are left greasy. It doesn't remove makeup or sunscreen, it doesn't soothe my dry areas or clean well enough to help my greasy areas so I am wondering exactly what this cleanser does? It is one of my personal least favorite beauty products ever. Yuck. Sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:29:00 PM More reviews by eyk4

I used this cleanser for a year mostly. It is simple doing a job cleanser. I don't usually wear make ups (simple wash-moisturizer-sun screen). Light, no scent. My skin is normal to dry, I prefer lotion type cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by synthae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily skin that is also sensitive. This works wonders for my skin & also easily cleans off makeup. love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lilorchid82

I can see what they mean by gentle cleanser. I think this product is good when you don't have make up or a lot of grime to wash off...or if you're super sensitive to cleaning products. But I prefer something that leaves me feeling a little more clean, esp. b/c I do wear make up and have combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by anabannana

It dried my skin out, but it didn't make it red.My skin felt like it was soft, but soo dry. I bought this cleanser because it was always in magazines, it got great reviews everywhere online, so for a while I used it. It works good, but wayyy too drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rabidfangirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using Cetaphil at the advice of my dermatologist when I started using retin-a micro. I moisturize morning and night to counteract dry skin and the drying effects of retin-a. As soon as Cetaphil touches my face, it burns immediately and leaves my face dry and tight. My Dove bar doesn't irritate at all. So much for a gentle cleanser. There has to be something in it that is making my sensitive skin react.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2007 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Kirabunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cetaphil is the only cleanser that doesn't make my sensitive skin bright red and itchy! I love it! Although it's not the holy grail of face cleansers, it's the only thing that I've ever used that didn't irritate my skin.I'll continue to buy this product until I find something better. So far, it's been two years and counting...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by saralangford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does what it says it will: cleans well without drying out my skin. It's just as effective as Clinique's face wash and is considerably cheaper. One bottle lasts me for three or so months. I have combination skin and used to get terrible break-outs on my chin and forehead. That doesn't happen anymore since I've started cleansing with Cetaphil and using duac gel at night. It doesn't do anything magical like even out my skin tone or make me look "radiant," but I haven't found a product yet that lives up to that claim!