December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by curioustammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i mean it's not bad and all. it's a pretty average cleanser didn't create a difference. i have acne oily skin. but it did seem as if it gave a film behind. i don't have anything wrong with it. just mentioning. it's a pretty average product. i dind't clear anything up. it just cleaned i guess.but the upside is that the bottle lasts forever. so i don't think i would buy the product again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by tecky

MyHG cleanser.I have been using this for 10 years & ofcourse I have tried other brands but this is always the best for me =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by katowu

It stings my eyes but not my face, I have somewhat sensitive skin but I'd rather use Avene Micellar lotion( no-rinse formula),it's much more effective. I use it as my makeup remover. If you are using it as a cleanser, it's ok,but you wanna use it to take off any makeup, trust me it will take forever and it will not take off anything water resistant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 8:52:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahh cetaphil!!! I've hesitated for a VERY long time in writing this review. (As though i work for them...) But i really was not impressed. My face just didn't feel clean, and it isn't the lack of lather that leaves me wanting (for i like Purity by Philosophy). I find it does not remove makeup well. And i don't have time to be triple washing. And even when I'm not wearing anything, i come away feeling like i need another pass or two with a scrub brush. For how much it costs, it's a bit too simple for me. Would not recommend. For a gentle face wash, I'd look at Purpose instead. I give it 3 and not lower because i dont hate it...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. It does exactly what it says it will. It's not harsh, it cleanses and rinses well, and it just works well in general. I really have to take issue with some of the complaints here. As for the the film it leaves behind, it states on the bottle that it will leave thin film behind to help seal moisture into your skin...it's not an unexpected or unpleasant surprise, if you just read the back label. Also, this cleanser is not intended to remove makeup, it's just meant to cleanse your skin and keep it healthy and good-looking. It doesn't have the "extra stuff" that heavier, more irritating cleansers have, which is the point. You need a makeup remover to effectively remove your makeup, or a heavier cleanser with different properties. I suggest either Pond's Clean Sweep (love it!), or something by Olay, Aveeno, or Dove. I'm not crazy about the price, even though it is a good cleanser, and I wish it came in a pump design to make it more "user-friendly". Despite that, I love it.

And lastly, if you have oily skin, this not the product for you. It is intended for people with dry/normal and dry/sensitive skin ONLY. Most of the negative reviews for this cleanser are from people with combination & oily skin. Cetaphil makes a cleanser for you people: Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by missCR

I have dry, sensitive skin and am prone to the occassional breakout. I have used this product intermittently for many years now. But I have now decided that it doesn't remove all make-up, meaning my face doesn't feel clean after washing and it tends to dry my skin out to much. The price is good though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by loreleilee33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put "No" to buying this product again, but that's only because there isn't a Maybe option. Sometimes I love this stuff - it makes my dry sensitive skin feel soft and clean after i use - and other times it breaks me out. I don't know if my skin is just finicky or what, but it's kind of confusing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by BrandGuru

Not a huge fan of this product. I have oily/combo skin and while this does keep it from drying out, it just doesn't leave my skin feeling clean. I always feel like there is a film left and when I use my toner afterward there is usually ample evidence that this cleanser didn't "cleanse" all that much. (I don’t wear much face makeup… just eye makeup and some concealer/blush, but there are always still traces of it.) Perhaps it works better for very dry or highly sensitive skin types, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Britee

I guess I can give this a good and bad review.
I like the feel and price of this product. It's just that no matter what make up I use I definitely need to use a washcloth towel to get my make up off. I like something that I can use and go.
Didn't break me out but isn't my favorite.
Just does not make my skin feel that clean.
Not altogether a bad product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hansni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Cetaphil cleanser and have been using it pretty much every day for about 8 months now. My skin isn't even that sensitive but I love that it doesn't have a strong scent or that tingling feeling that I get from other cleansers. It's great as a really simple cleanser and I'm lucky that I have pretty good skin so I don't need anything much stronger than this