Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

This is my HG body cleanser. My derm recommended it because I've got such sensitive skin, and I *love* it. It keeps my eczema at bay, and it never irritates. I use Kiss My Face Moisture Shave to shave legs, etc., and then rinse the residue off with this. I follow with Cetaphil's lotion. Perfection; my skin's never been so happy. This is fine as a facial cleanser, too, but I actually prefer Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.

on 9/30/2007 2:37:00 AM

My aunt with dry skin loved this stuff and she recommend it to me. On my combination skin, it just didn't do a good job with cleaning. I just don't feel clean afterward. At least I didn't break out from it. It did feel kind of heavy on my skin like some residue was left behind.

on 9/27/2007 4:45:00 PM

Well, this made my skin sting. It's supposed to be gentle and whatnot but it's wasn't for me. Won't buy again.

on 9/27/2007 4:37:00 PM

A kind, gentle cleanser for sensitive skin, I'm sure. Unfortunately it did nothing for my combination skin, did not even feel clean. At least now I know.

on 9/26/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really was not impressed with this at all. I read a lot of amazing reviews about it, and heard it was a really great product, but it just wasn't for me I guess. The only thing I liked was how well it removed my eye make up. I have combo skin, and this dried my skin out really bad. Especially, around my mouth, and nose area. I'm not doubting that it works wonders for some, but it just didnt do it for me. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 9/26/2007 1:26:00 AM

I dislike all of Cetaphil's cleansers. I did'nt feel like it had 'cleansed' my skin and it seemed to dry it out even further.
Two points for it not causing any irritation, though.

on 9/24/2007 5:53:00 PM

I found this way to drying for my taste and I have normal to dry skin. Perhaps it is geared for oily skin.

on 9/22/2007 9:59:00 PM

The best cleanser ever! My derm recommended this years ago and I have used it ever since. I have tried soo many cleansers and I always come back to this. Its also great for taking off makeup, even eye makeup! Great face wash for a great price

on 9/22/2007 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this when my skin is dry or irritated or simply not very dirty. It is extremely mild and gentle. And I like especially because it rinses off easily, making face-washing quick and easy. However it will not clean off heavy accumulations of oil or make-up.

I usually buy the store brand Cetaphil knock-offs, however, not the real stuff -- they are significantly less expensive and seem to be exactly the same.

More often, I use Cetaphil's newer skin cleanser for normal to oily skin. It is excellent: Non-sudsing, very easy to rinse, and cleans well without stripping. It also comes in a handy pump bottle. I'd rate that one a 5 star product.

on 9/22/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil for a year. It does the job. It's gentle. It's cheap. I had severe acne, but my derm put me on Cetaphil, Duac, Tazorac and Minocycline.

Do not use harsh cleansers. The purpose of cleansers is to just remove dirt and/or make-up. They only stay on your face for about 2 minutes after all!

Great basic skin care!

Oh and to remove my water-proof make-up, I just MAC's Cleanse-Off oil which balances the perhaps drying-properities of Cetaphil ;D