August 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Candacetyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unless you have extremely dry or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this product for you. This is a very gentle & creamy cleanser, & if you like the squeaky clean feeling after cleansing, then you will be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by pnaranjos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have VERY sensitive skin that reacts (yes, break-outs) and have tried everything out there. Most cleansers dry my face and many lotions cause pimples. I tried this "Gentle Cleanser" given that it is especially formulated for sensitive skin and seriously, I cannot remember the last time my skin was this bad. The cleanser gave me skin oily (which only happens when I use cheap chemical sunscreens) by leaving an "unrinseable" film. I does everything but clean your skin - or remove make-up for that matter.
There are other cleansers out there that actually clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

My HG. I was told years ago, when I was experiencing acne and milia, to get rid of all of my cleansers, lotions etc. and just use Cetaphil. Years later, I am still using this and my skin looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by LisaIsabelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is my HG face cleanser!!! I love it, this stuff is great, the price is cheap and you can use it for multiple tasks. It is very gentle and doesn’t burn my very sensitive, acne prone skin, nor left this weird itchy feeling I get with other cleanser. Since I use it, my acne has significantly reduced. I use it every morning by itself, and every evening after removing excess makeup using Marcelle products (Cleansing milk and Gel makeup remover) because Cetaphil is SO gentle that it won’t get rid of makeup… but this doesn’t bother me. I prefer to use 2 gentle products (cleansing milk and Cetaphil) instead of one that could leave me with skin problems. I also use it to shave (legs) and mix it with aspirin to put on cystic zits. I sometimes use it by itself, without water, like a cleansing milk if I’m in a rush but it feels a little bit sticky; I prefer to rince it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ukbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing a lot about this product, I gave it a try since its said to be good for sensitive skin.

It was a total disasster. After washing, it did not remove dirty like my previous cleansers. The cotton wool i used for the toner had more dirt than i had seen in a couple of yours. It doesnt remove any dirty

I wouldnt recommend it to anyone i love

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Someone at sometime will have to explain to me why this is doctor-recommended because I personally think it's garbage. Smells bad (very medicinal), overpriced, doesn't foam, and if you use Differin like I do, IT STINGS LIKE CRAZY!!!!! Gentle my fanny.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2007 5:00:00 PM More reviews by phizzybee

I would only really recommend cetaphil for cleansing if you haven't been wearing makeup. IT's just not quite aggressive enough to remove foundation, and is more suited to dry or irritated skin. having said all that, my partner uses it regularly since he's been introduced, and it suits his skin fine (it's normal, well behaved). Lasts for ages and always handy to have to help soften and remove makeup (especially eyes), then I wash with something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by vnessuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser is FABULOUS! If you have skin like mine, DRY, FLAKY, BLEMISH PRONE, occasionally oily spots, this cleanser will work miracles. My ENTIRE life, i've tried cleanser after cleanser finding them too moisture stripping, causing my skin to go on oil production OVERLOAD. If you've tried this and gave up from the first time you used it, go back! I too was skeptical. This cleanser doesnt burn, or tingle, feel like it's working, or leave a "SQUEAKY" clean feeling. It does exactly what it's supposed to. I use a cold cream to melt makeup off and then wash my face with this once i wipe the cold cream off. The best thing for ANY skin is a CLEAN and MOISTURIZED face...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and this is pretty much the only cleanser I keep coming back to. My dermatologist recommended it, and I've never looked back! For those that are used to the sort of squeaky clean feeling that other cleansers give you, you may not feel that Cetaphil gets your face really clean (I definitely didn't at first!). However, my face also doesn't get that dry, tight feeling post washing with Cetaphil either, so I suppose that's something to consider :)

Maybe not for everyone, but for those who are sensitive definitely give Cetaphil a try! (I also use the lotion as well, my dermatologist said I'm doomed to use unfragranced lotions till the end of my days... *sob*).

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mk80

stopped using it once in a while too... it just doesn't seem to clean anything... using up the bottle while shaving legs...