December 20, 2014 | 1579 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a lovely, gentle cleanser that soothes and nourishes. The gentle ingredients take care of the skin and I love how my face never feels tight after washing. The scent is soft and subdued, perfect for those with sensitive skin. After using this for a couple of days, dry patches cleared right up and my skin felt noticeably softer and smoother. I just love the way it gently cleanses and soothes, removing daily oil and dirt buildup without stripping the skins' natural oils. The texture does take a while to get used to, especially if you're used to really bubbly, foaming cleansers. I love how it comes in a huge, economic bottle; it'll last me ages!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SPOILEDkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very mixed about this one. It does most of what it's supposed to do - it cleans my face and is very gentle. I bought the one that says it takes off makeup, but it doesn't really get all the makeup off. I only use it in the morning when I just have to wash off last night's cream. The reason I keep buying it is because I can't find another gentle cleanser that doesn't strip my skin. It's an okay cleanser, but nothing amazing that makes a difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by luckycorvettegrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for a really great cleanser for a long, long time. After working in the cosmetic industry for a couple of years, I've tried them all from the expensive department store brands like Chanel, to the cheap drugstore brands like CVS brand.

A friend suggested I try Cetaphil, and I absolutely love it! I have incredibly dry skin, and the one that is formulated for the normal to oily skin doesn't dry my skin out! It's the first cleanser that I have felt really cleans down to the pores, washes off my makeup, and doesn't irritate it at all. It's very very mild, and the packaging is very user-friendly, as it has a pump and it dispenses easily.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with very sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Milana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It definitely surprised me. After years of having dermatologists recommend this product AND having tried it before; I decided to give it another try. I have been on a constant quest to find the perfect cleanser and I can't believe something so simple actually worked better for me than all of the exotic and expensive brands I've tried.

The main reason I think Cetaphil works for me is because it is so simple. This product has finally ended the seemingly endless cycle of breakouts that I thought were from acne when they were really from skin irritation. I also think Cetaphil works so well for me because I'm not trying to use it to remove makeup and I do use harsher products like Mama Lotion and retinol to undue the pigmentation problem left from breakouts caused by other products.

If you are using any harsh products to improve your skin, such as Retin-A, Retinol, Mama Lotion, etc., then this may very well be the gentle cleanser that your skin needs.

****'UPDATE****

The poor cleansing properties of this cleanser caused some SERIOUS problems with my skin. I have to change my rating to a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Pixxychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! I'll never use anything else to clean my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KATHNH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for many years. On occasion I would try something else but I always come back to my good old Cetaphil.

First of all, it must be noted that I am terribly allergic to many things and Cetaphil doesn't make me break out. Secondly, it's not expensive because it lasts forever. It's fragrance-free which is very important for those of us with allergic skin.

I've never tried it for my eye makeup but I use it for my face and neck and I have also used it to shave my legs. Works pretty good in a pinch because you don't have to use any water with it so you can use it for a quick touch-up.

I do use it with water when I wash my face with it, though, and although some people, my daughter in particular, says it feels like it leaves an oily film, I just think it leaves my skin super soft - and clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

I would have never bought this if my skin wasnt so dry from Accutane. But my skin was so dry it was begining to actually hurt. My skin was so dry it felt tight and rough all the time.

My derm told me to buy this expensive sensitive skin cleanser, but it wasnt cutting it anymore. My skin was so tight and dry.Desperate, I went looking for Cetaphil. I read that it leaves a film on your face for moisture. This was what I needed.

So after using this cleanser for a little bit now, I can say it has really helped my skin. After I wash with it, my skin feels really clean. Actually, I dont feel any film on it. It rinses totally clean for me. Maybe its because my skin is so dry. Anyways, it leaves my skin super clean and super soft.

I am using this cleanser in conjunction with Cetaphils moisture cream, but the combo has made my skin soft again. I wouldnt recommend this for oily skin. BUt for those with dry, itchy, irritated skin, this is a must have cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by curioustammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i mean it's not bad and all. it's a pretty average cleanser didn't create a difference. i have acne oily skin. but it did seem as if it gave a film behind. i don't have anything wrong with it. just mentioning. it's a pretty average product. i dind't clear anything up. it just cleaned i guess.but the upside is that the bottle lasts forever. so i don't think i would buy the product again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 6:37:00 AM More reviews by tecky

MyHG cleanser.I have been using this for 10 years & ofcourse I have tried other brands but this is always the best for me =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by katowu

It stings my eyes but not my face, I have somewhat sensitive skin but I'd rather use Avene Micellar lotion( no-rinse formula),it's much more effective. I use it as my makeup remover. If you are using it as a cleanser, it's ok,but you wanna use it to take off any makeup, trust me it will take forever and it will not take off anything water resistant.