Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 9/22/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil for a year. It does the job. It's gentle. It's cheap. I had severe acne, but my derm put me on Cetaphil, Duac, Tazorac and Minocycline.

Do not use harsh cleansers. The purpose of cleansers is to just remove dirt and/or make-up. They only stay on your face for about 2 minutes after all!

Great basic skin care!

Oh and to remove my water-proof make-up, I just MAC's Cleanse-Off oil which balances the perhaps drying-properities of Cetaphil ;D

I've been using this for over 4 years now. It's a good base cleanser. I've cheated on it serveral times out of boredom and bc I wanted something that will take makeup off in one shot (Shiseido, Neutrogena, Purpose, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, etc), but this is the best. For a thorough clean I gently swirl it on a *dry* face, then wipe it off with a cotton pad soaked with toner (Aubrey Organics Vegecol toner, my HG wipe off toner). Then wash again on a wet face. Since my skin was going insane 5 years ago, I've committed to using gentle products with a short ingredients list, and it's been paying off. I have pretty good skin and I never need foundation/concealer.

on 9/19/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

very gentle.
helped me begin to restore my sensitive skin.

on 9/19/2007 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Not cleansing enough, didn't take all my makeup off. I think that's why my skin has been bumpy-because my pores are congested. I don't mind the non-foaming, gel consistency. And it's cheap as chips.
But it didn't do much for me, didn't make my skin better or worse. I have acne-prone combination skin, congested pores.

on 9/15/2007 10:58:00 AM

I liked how this cleanser made my face softer...but it doesn't do anything in terms of removing makeup. It's a pain to have to wash my face with two diffent products just to get my foundation off! Also, I'm a swimmer, and the chlorine makes my skin very sensitive - so sensitive that even this "gentle skin" formula makes my face burn. It would probably be fine for others, but it just didn't work for me!

on 9/10/2007 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love Cetaphil gentle formula. I've been using it for a couple of years now (believe it or not Tori Amos named it as a favorite product in an interview and that led me to it) and it is one of few cleansers that actually IS gentle enough for my ultra-sensitive skin. What's great about this cleanser is that it does not strip moisture from your skin at all. Many "gentle" cleansers dry out my face in the cheek area. Not this one. Also, it's cheap!

on 9/9/2007 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I started using this product in my mid-teens. I am South Asian and have combination skin, tending towards oily. My doctor recommended this product as a more gentle way to clean my skin instead of using soap. I noticed an immediate difference! The product is gentle and an effective cleanser. My skin, which was already dry + sensitive from using presciptive treatments, started to feel much better and more moisturized as my natural oil balance returned without having to switch my precriptions, creams or anything else. It also improved the texture and tone of my skin. Finally, the product is a fairly effective makeup remover if used dry. Simply apply to your face w/o water and wipe away with tissue, followed by washing your face. I wear fairly light makeup but it was effective on heavy eye shadows.

I used this product for many years (switched just for the heck of it but I would always go back to it) and would especially recommend it to younger people having a hard time with typical teen skin problems :-)

on 9/6/2007 7:19:00 AM

I like it as a hand cleanser, since it doesn't dry your skin, but, frankly, I'll stick to my purity for face cleansing, I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and this stuff won't even budge it, not even gonna go there on waterproof mascara.

on 9/5/2007 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for any one who has sensitive skin. I have oily and acne prone skin and I find that this product gently cleans my face effectively-removing dirt and makeup. Definetly woth buying!

on 9/5/2007 10:35:00 AM

I donít understand what the big deal is either. I know the major thing cleanser claims to do it clear acne, and leave skin clear. But I donít feel like it does that at all. I donít like the way its soo watery. I like the FEEEEL the soap working : ) And I know this might be asking to much, But I want a face wash that will so take off my eye makeup in the process. I found all that in the Aveno Cleansing Pads. What might work for one might not work for another.

Video Reviews & Tutorials