October 30, 2014 | 1110 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by BrandGuru

Not a huge fan of this product. I have oily/combo skin and while this does keep it from drying out, it just doesn't leave my skin feeling clean. I always feel like there is a film left and when I use my toner afterward there is usually ample evidence that this cleanser didn't "cleanse" all that much. (I don’t wear much face makeup… just eye makeup and some concealer/blush, but there are always still traces of it.) Perhaps it works better for very dry or highly sensitive skin types, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Britee

I guess I can give this a good and bad review.
I like the feel and price of this product. It's just that no matter what make up I use I definitely need to use a washcloth towel to get my make up off. I like something that I can use and go.
Didn't break me out but isn't my favorite.
Just does not make my skin feel that clean.
Not altogether a bad product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hansni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Cetaphil cleanser and have been using it pretty much every day for about 8 months now. My skin isn't even that sensitive but I love that it doesn't have a strong scent or that tingling feeling that I get from other cleansers. It's great as a really simple cleanser and I'm lucky that I have pretty good skin so I don't need anything much stronger than this

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by GlossMeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After years of trying different products, I've decided to stick the tried and true. This product is so widely available and for me it keeps my face clean without stripping away the natural oils. I only wished it came in smaller sizes, but I just use mini bottles when I'm traveling. I think this great value, and the fact that its highly recommoned by many dermatoligists thoughout the years, speaks volumes. I won't spend $$ on more expensive cleansers when this one works so effectively.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by kimberfreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's supposed to be very gentle and non-comedogenic but I break out every time I use it. Even rinsing it off didn't help.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tinydancer73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've found this to be a good product when my skin decides to be dry or sensitive. It's soothing and moisturizing. What it doesn't seem to do well for me is take off makeup, so what I usually do is use this in the morning shower, than Philosophy's Purity Made Simple at night to take my makeup off. The combination is a winner for me. I've struggled with acne for most of my life, but since I've started using these two products together my skin has been the clearest and healthest it's ever been.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by d_mystic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive acne prone skin and I have to say this works great for my sensitive skin but not for my acne. It doesn't make my acne worse, it just doesn't help at all. So for me it was ok but I would not repurchase. I found that The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser is much better for my skin type. I use a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash and then the body shop facial wash to nourish the skin and it works perfectly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Nice cleaner for dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by anatomie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product and excellent value for money. I choose it time and time again over the pricier and more elegant brand name cleansers because it also doubles an awesome make-up remover - even for my eyes, which are generally very sensitive to eye makeup removing products.

It is unfragranced, won't clog your pores & is really gentle on sensitive skin. I have normal skin and find cleansing can be very drying, but this is a very moisturising cleanser & doesn't leave your face feeling tight at all. Definitely worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by hermione007

I have sensitive, combination, breakout-prone skin. Every dermatologist I have ever seen always recommends Cetaphil for me, whether I am using a prescription acne product or not. I have tried it several times over the years and it just doesn't work for me at all, what a mess. It must be the #1 dermatologist-recommended product on earth that never works.

I don't like lotion-type cleansers, I prefer foaming, but I have given Cetaphil so many chances. I want to like it- dermatologists must know best, right? Well, it is actually not that gentle on my skin, it leaves my skin pink and greasy and leaves a greasy film. It doesn't do a thing for breakouts and even though it's not supposed to blog pores I swear it seems to clog mine. Even the areas where my skin is dry are left greasy. It doesn't remove makeup or sunscreen, it doesn't soothe my dry areas or clean well enough to help my greasy areas so I am wondering exactly what this cleanser does? It is one of my personal least favorite beauty products ever. Yuck. Sorry.