Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have sensitive and acne prone skin... DEFINITELY not meant for makeup removing, but that's why there are cotton balls, wash cloths, etc. I wet my face, pour some on a cotton ball, and BAM removes my makeup! =) Doesn't worsen my pimples or anything. Worth a try! But remember, if you wear makeup do the cotton ball thing instead of makeup removing cloths blah blah.

on 10/4/2007 3:19:00 AM

I quit using this item about 1 year ago (I think I was looking for something high end) but I am back on board. I really like this product for the following reasons: one, it is dirt cheap (especially if you buy generic); two, you get a lot for your money; three, it makes your skin really soft and it firms the texture of your skin and four, it really helps with sensitivity, acne and redness. My derm. recommended this item to me and I am really happy she did. My skin is combo-oily, acne prone and I have redness on my chin and cheeks... this product makes a big difference it all of these areas. It also works for my DH who has dry skin. NOTE: For days that you go full kabuki, you might need to use a baby wipe or other make-up remover. This product only removes a minimal amount of make-up.

meh. recommended by my dermatologist. it goes on lightly and cleans off ok but the problem is THAT IT DOESN'T WASH OFF MAKE UP.

so i would used this stuff and find that my wash cloth would just scrub off a layer of foundation/powder/whatever after i had just rinsed.

now that's not too good.

on 10/3/2007 1:55:00 PM

The cleanser is just average, nothing too wrong about it, nothing spectacular either. It's very cheap, so you can't feel too upset if you end up hating it. I've used this version as well as the version for oily skin. The former doesn't take off makeup very well but the latter does. All in all, I wasn't impressed but say I'm travelling and forgot my regular cleanser, I'd probably pick this up at the drugstore as an emergency because I know it's not going to be bad.

on 10/3/2007 11:44:00 AM

My dermatologist always gives me samples of this, but I never feel like it rinses off completely. It definitely doesn't cause me to break out, but I just feel like it leaves a film on my skin and in my sink after I use it. And the texture is that of a certain bodily fluid that I just can't get into using it. I really only use this if my skin is red and irritated from something else and I need to calm it down.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Horrible! This stuff made me break out horribly. On top of that my skin was also geting dried out and felt tight and raw especially around my nose. I thought this stuff was supposed to be gentle! Don't get what the hype is about. Never again.

on 10/2/2007 12:48:00 PM

Dermatologists do a wonderful thing for us. They do make a few mistakes that we all foow along with because after they are a Doc so they know everything? Here is a tip-Doc's that have aesthetician's often use brands like obaji or Dermalogica or Nuvani. Sort of like when you go to you regular doc and they write you a prescription for a specific brand and then you get a doggie bag of "samples" until you can get your prescription. Note****The doctor takes a kickback for every prescription they fill from the various drug companies. Same thing for the skin care brands they use at the derm office. They used to do that with Clinique and the jury is still out on that one. Cetaphil works for you don't change..looking? Try the Bright Plus line from Clarins. It is oil free and still hydrating to the skin. They have reformulated and it is great! Origins is ok and Chanel has a new addition that is supposed to be great.

on 9/30/2007 10:27:00 PM

I know dermatologists love this product and it will indeed clean without breaking you out. If you have truly sensitive skin, this is probably one of your best choices.

Otherwise, it's pretty dull. No smell. Thin runny texture. I realize that fragrance and thickening agents are just bells and whistles that are doing nothing for my skin (and in some cases are irritants) but they are a huge part of the cleansing experience for me. It also will not remove your makeup so keep a separate remover handy to use first.

This is my HG body cleanser. My derm recommended it because I've got such sensitive skin, and I *love* it. It keeps my eczema at bay, and it never irritates. I use Kiss My Face Moisture Shave to shave legs, etc., and then rinse the residue off with this. I follow with Cetaphil's lotion. Perfection; my skin's never been so happy. This is fine as a facial cleanser, too, but I actually prefer Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.

on 9/30/2007 2:37:00 AM

My aunt with dry skin loved this stuff and she recommend it to me. On my combination skin, it just didn't do a good job with cleaning. I just don't feel clean afterward. At least I didn't break out from it. It did feel kind of heavy on my skin like some residue was left behind.