Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

It's very basic, simple. Doesn't do much for makeup, there is a strong scent but it's not bad. Similar to soap. It didn't do much for my breakouts and my skin did feel slightly dry after washing but toner and moisturizer fixes that. This isn't a product I'd put down but not a product I'd be raving about either. I'm in the process of finding another cleansing option that can also help with acne and make me feel like like my skin has been thoroughly cleaned.

I didn't like it

At first I was very excited about this product, but it STILL dries out my fair skin!

I Use cetaphil after i have washed my face with a stronger scrub. I find it is perfect to conteract the drying effects of some cleansers and scrubs and it doesn't leave a filmy residue at all. I find it works best when you scrub it on your face with a washer or flannel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really loved using Cetaphil when a friend recommended it to me. However, having been googling around online and coming across health articles about how parabens were not good for you, I checked all the products in my cabinet (which were a lot btw!), but sadly I noticed that Cetaphil contained several parabens as preservatives. I was really disappointed because I liked using it. It was gentle on my skin and cleansed well without damaging my skin. Even though I still have a full bottle of it in my bathroom cabinet, I am hesitant to use it and instead am using Burts Bees which I love.

i started using cetaphil after i found most cleansers made my face too dry. i like the product because it gets my face clean without drying it out like soaps or other products did. it's a really basic cleanser and i have to use eye makeup remover for sure afterwards. but if you're looking for a no frills gentle cleanser this works well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use differin for my very acne prone skin, and I read all the reviews about this product. Most were saying it was gentle, works well with differin, etc. Maybe it was just me but my skin was so dry after using this, it was dry, and felt irritated. I went back to my clinique and my skin is much better.re it does work for some people, but not for me!

Gentle? Do they know what gentle means? Ok, I have very very sensitive skin due to my various attempts to rid myself of acne. I have used retin a for the most part though and as we all know that makes anyone's skin sensitive. So I have been on a desperate mission to find a cleanser that actually cleans without burning me. I've read in multiple places that Cetaphil is the way to go. It's what every dermatologist I meet recommends and the books too. So I finally caved in and tried it even though the ingredient list looked like nothing natural or skin friendly was even in this product. I should have stuck with my gut feeling. It not only burned like acid on my sensitive face but it was difficult to rinse off! It didn't even make my skin feel clean. It just felt like it had a layer of film over it that I had to wash off with a different soap. (Not great when you are already in pain from it!) If I can return the product I will, if not chances are it will be trashed. The only positive thing about this product is the price, and you get what you pay for!

I've had super crazy sensitive skin ever since I used Retin-A for a while a few years back. My skin is quite oily too. Everything breaks me out, and I've had lots of big ugly blackheads on my nose/chin/upper cheeks for the better part of ten years.

Washing with Cetaphil every night and following up with an astringent to get rid of the film the Cetaphil leaves behind helped me to greatly reduce the size and darkness of the blackheads for the first time in years. I also like that it makes my skin feel clean but not stripped. Unfortunately, after about a month I started breaking out like I had with other products, but with little pimples instead of big scary welts. I'll continue using what product I have left (though less often), but I'm not sure I'll repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this after hearing a lot of good things about it and I will say that I, too, like Cetaphil. I like the liquid when it's dry out because it still leaves some moisture in my face. It doesn't take off heavy makeup perfectly (the bar does -- however) but it's good for the amount of makeup that I generally wear. I will re-purchase when I run out.

Update: I started using Cetaphil like a cold cream on my eyes and just wiped it off with a tissue and it's perfect! It doesn't dry out my skin or leave a "film" over your eyes like some oily eye makeup removers do. It's definitely working it's way up to HG status for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials