November 26, 2014 | 1484 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. It does exactly what it says it will. It's not harsh, it cleanses and rinses well, and it just works well in general. I really have to take issue with some of the complaints here. As for the the film it leaves behind, it states on the bottle that it will leave thin film behind to help seal moisture into your skin...it's not an unexpected or unpleasant surprise, if you just read the back label. Also, this cleanser is not intended to remove makeup, it's just meant to cleanse your skin and keep it healthy and good-looking. It doesn't have the "extra stuff" that heavier, more irritating cleansers have, which is the point. You need a makeup remover to effectively remove your makeup, or a heavier cleanser with different properties. I suggest either Pond's Clean Sweep (love it!), or something by Olay, Aveeno, or Dove. I'm not crazy about the price, even though it is a good cleanser, and I wish it came in a pump design to make it more "user-friendly". Despite that, I love it.

And lastly, if you have oily skin, this not the product for you. It is intended for people with dry/normal and dry/sensitive skin ONLY. Most of the negative reviews for this cleanser are from people with combination & oily skin. Cetaphil makes a cleanser for you people: Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by missCR

I have dry, sensitive skin and am prone to the occassional breakout. I have used this product intermittently for many years now. But I have now decided that it doesn't remove all make-up, meaning my face doesn't feel clean after washing and it tends to dry my skin out to much. The price is good though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by loreleilee33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put "No" to buying this product again, but that's only because there isn't a Maybe option. Sometimes I love this stuff - it makes my dry sensitive skin feel soft and clean after i use - and other times it breaks me out. I don't know if my skin is just finicky or what, but it's kind of confusing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2007 2:55:00 AM More reviews by BrandGuru

Not a huge fan of this product. I have oily/combo skin and while this does keep it from drying out, it just doesn't leave my skin feeling clean. I always feel like there is a film left and when I use my toner afterward there is usually ample evidence that this cleanser didn't "cleanse" all that much. (I don’t wear much face makeup… just eye makeup and some concealer/blush, but there are always still traces of it.) Perhaps it works better for very dry or highly sensitive skin types, but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2007 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Britee

I guess I can give this a good and bad review.
I like the feel and price of this product. It's just that no matter what make up I use I definitely need to use a washcloth towel to get my make up off. I like something that I can use and go.
Didn't break me out but isn't my favorite.
Just does not make my skin feel that clean.
Not altogether a bad product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by hansni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Cetaphil cleanser and have been using it pretty much every day for about 8 months now. My skin isn't even that sensitive but I love that it doesn't have a strong scent or that tingling feeling that I get from other cleansers. It's great as a really simple cleanser and I'm lucky that I have pretty good skin so I don't need anything much stronger than this

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by GlossMeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After years of trying different products, I've decided to stick the tried and true. This product is so widely available and for me it keeps my face clean without stripping away the natural oils. I only wished it came in smaller sizes, but I just use mini bottles when I'm traveling. I think this great value, and the fact that its highly recommoned by many dermatoligists thoughout the years, speaks volumes. I won't spend $$ on more expensive cleansers when this one works so effectively.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by kimberfreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's supposed to be very gentle and non-comedogenic but I break out every time I use it. Even rinsing it off didn't help.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tinydancer73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've found this to be a good product when my skin decides to be dry or sensitive. It's soothing and moisturizing. What it doesn't seem to do well for me is take off makeup, so what I usually do is use this in the morning shower, than Philosophy's Purity Made Simple at night to take my makeup off. The combination is a winner for me. I've struggled with acne for most of my life, but since I've started using these two products together my skin has been the clearest and healthest it's ever been.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by d_mystic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive acne prone skin and I have to say this works great for my sensitive skin but not for my acne. It doesn't make my acne worse, it just doesn't help at all. So for me it was ok but I would not repurchase. I found that The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser is much better for my skin type. I use a 5% benzoyl peroxide wash and then the body shop facial wash to nourish the skin and it works perfectly!