Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 8/29/2007 4:30:00 AM

My derm recommended this when I started using Retin-A Micro a few years ago, and I've used it ever since. It softens my skin and doesn't clog my pores. It's one of the few cleansers that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dry afterward. Every time I've gotten overzealous and swapped my Cetaphil for a harsher, sudsing cleanser, I've lived to regret it. As for the whole makeup-removal issue, I find that if I use the Cetaphil twice and leave it on for a good bit each time, it does the job.

on 8/29/2007 1:22:00 AM

I must ask, WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL???? I do not understand why people love this stuff. I have occasional breakout, clogged pores and sensittive skin. One thing I do like about this product is that it moisterizes my skin without needing a lotion or cream. This product dosen't really do anything for me.. My face does not feel clean after I use it, in fact I don't feel like I'm washing my face. If you like suds when you wash, this isn't the cleanser for you. If you have really sensitive skin, this is the cleanser for you.

I wouldn't purchase this prodcut again because I am no longer using synthetic, perserved skin care products.

But if you don't have an aversion to those, then this is a great, gentle makeup-removing all-purpose cleanser.

Even before I went "organic" so to speak, I was much more into nourishing my skin into health than forcing it there. I found that if I used this with a glycolic toner and Benzoyl Peroxide, and the cetaphil moisturizer, it worked great.

And, if you get the CVS or Walgreens or WalMart generic version of this, it is MUCH cheaper.

Which is always nice!

It wasn't a miracle worker, but it was an easy standby, and an integral part in my old routine, which helped my skin look great.

Now I use the Suki line and my skin has never looked better, but this was a cheaper alternative.

Enjoy...

Great stuff and makes skin extremely soft and smooth and cleared breakouts.

on 8/25/2007 1:10:00 PM

I used this years ago, it was recommended to me by a professional. However, I broke out badly as a result of using it. I know that it was NOT due to the ingredients, it was because it didn't get me clean. I wear makeup, so it is important for me to have a cleanser that does the trick. (I'd rather just have one cleanser, than use something to remove makeup, then another to cleanse.) I think this product would be great for people that don't wear much makeup at all (or people who don't mind using two cleansing products on their face). Being gentle and not stripping the skin is the key to nice skin a lot of the time. We use so many harsh products these days. So anyways, for people that wear makeup, I would recommend a natural cleanser that won't strip the skin.. and for people who don't wear makeup, OR ppl who don't mind removing makeup with something else before they cleanse, give this a try. I haven't used this product in years. I may give it another try at some point in my life, but I doubt it as of now since I've found beautiful natural products.

on 8/24/2007 5:08:00 PM

People should really stop complaining about how Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup, how it doesn't lathers, etc. What I don't understand is how people can put soapy cleansers on their face that dry out their skin over time and cause major irritation.

Cetaphil is fantastic. It is gentle, yet it gets the job done right. After using it for nearly a month now, my skin is smooth and radiant. It got rid of my redness and flakiness. It also washes off nicely, is fragrance-free, and has a low hazard rating on the EWG website, which is always a plus for anything you put on your skin!

Seriously, do your skin a favour.

Edit: I got bored with Cetaphil and tried a couple of other cleansers, and my skin was left with breakouts and redness. Cetaphil cleared it all up in a couple of days, and I won't change again.

on 8/24/2007 4:40:00 PM

I started using this product because I had perioral dermatitis and my dermatologist said it could be because of the harsh lotions and products I had been using on my skin. I've been using it consistantly for 2 months now and after one month, my pores look SO GOOD! I don't have blackheads on my nose and the skin around it anymore so now my skin looks and is cleaner. . my dermatitis is looking better also. I only wear eye makeup and it seems to take most of it off. I'll keep using Cetaphil for a long time. Happy customer here!!

on 8/24/2007 3:28:00 AM

I have sensitive skin and have been to at least 4 dermatologists who have recommended me to use this. It is a staple in cleaning my face. I love how it cleans without drying my face. I don't think it is used to remove make up as I have a separate cream that I use for that. I will always stick with this product.

Anyhow, to those who want to use this to remove their make up you may have to use it at least 2-3 washes for the make up to come off your face.

on 8/23/2007 1:36:00 AM

I always rely on this for my AM cleansing, when i dont have to take off makeup. It is NOT a makeup remover. I occasionally use it as a treatment by making a paste out of it with one or two aspirin.

on 8/22/2007 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

True, it's not a life-changing cleanser, but it is gentle & makes my skin feel very soft. For the price, the bottle is huge & should last you a while. I'm used to lathering cleansers as well, but it doesn't bother me that much. I'm glad it doesn't irritate my skin. I always use toner after I cleanse, so that helps with any leftover make-up & residue. I would repurchase, but I'll probably buy other cleansers too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials