April 18, 2014 | 1268 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara alot but its really hard to take it of

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I like this mascara...it's probably not my HG, but if I needed a mascara, I would buy it again. It thickens more than it lengthens, but if you work with it a bit, you can actually get quite a bit of length, it's decently dramatic too, which is nice, it's not gonna give you lashes that look fake, but it gives you some oomph. Overall, I would rebuy, and I do recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by queenofthesalsa

My new favourite mascara. You know how some people say they are putting on their face when putting on makeup? I feel like I'm putting on my lashes because they go from not-noticable to POP - really dark, defined and full. Once in awhile it clumps a little, but very minimal. I want to try it again in the luxe formula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by musicalhouses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Product: Non-waterproof very black mascara (that's what I bought) in a FAT orange tube. Mascara brush is big and plastic-bristled, mascara formula is 'wet' formula (as opposed to creamy mascara).

My experience: I bought this due to the hype on MUA. And after trying it a couple of times, I think it's not bad, but not the best out there. I'm definitely going to keep searching after this. I have short spindly lashes that need help in every single way - curling, separating, length and volume, and it would be better if it was smudgeproof yet easily removed, but because I have these puny eyes, length and non-smudginess are my priorities, and everything else comes second. On these 2 counts, Lashblast gets a 3. I wear it around for an entire day, and it doesn't smudge very much. But there IS smudging, a faint raccoon eye-like thingy at the outer corners of my eyes. Well, that's OK, I can live with that, but I don't know if I'd settle for that. I suspect it's because the formula is so so wet. It's a whole lot wetter than other mascaras like it, so if you're into creamy mascaras, skip this one. Also in terms of lengthening, I felt it was just so-so. Nothing terrible, nothing spectacular. Thus for me, I thought this was just 'meh'. But lashblast does have its strong points, which is why I'm bumping up the overall rating just a tad to 4. For people who want volume, this really builds up, and doesn't clump too! (Once again, I attribute the lack of clumping to the really wet formula.) Honestly, I'm pretty impressed on these two counts, especially the non-clumping properties of this fat orange tube. No matter how many times I dip and swipe onto my lashes, this thing rarely clumps - sometimes I like to just keep layering until it's about to clump just to see how long I can do it for LOL. So if you're one of those lucky girls with long lashes and just want the volume, then this is definitely one to try. And my blackest black color is pretty black, although it's not pure jet black (I do think it IS just a slight smidge tad grey, but I don't think that should bother anyone, really).

All in all, this is 'ok' for lengthening, 'not bad' for non-smudginess, and pretty good for volume and really good for non-clumping, and pretty good for color too (if you want something really black). I'd only recommend this to girls looking for non-clumping volume, and for those who like 'wet' type mascaras. Don't try this if you only like creamy mascaras, or if you want length, or if you can't stand any trace of smudging. Otherwise, I think it's worth buying - it may not work for me, but at least for a few bucks, I think it's worth actually trying out the hype to see if it works for you - after with a hate-it-or-love-it mascara like this, you won't really know until you try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this. I never really had any astounding effect with any mascara, but this one is my favorite out of all I've tried. It doesn't make my lashes hard and stiff, and it really does lengthen and volumize. I don't mind the orange tube at all and it's not like anyone will really see it besides me. I really like how the tube is fat too. I always thought drugstore mascaras were just mediocre, but this is better than the rest and even better than some of the more expensive brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by alixh08

I really wanted to love this product and to end my search for the "perfect" mascara, but unfortunately this just isn't that great. I love and hate the size of the big wand at the same time. It's great for almost all all the lashes; however, it is horrible for the little lashes at the corners of your eyes. It's caused me to smudge some mascara onto my eyelids on more than one occasion, and it's annoying to get it off without screwing your mascara up even more. I also found this to be somewhat clumpy. It does, however, wear very well. It lasts all day and doesn't flake. I won't buy this again because I know there are better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is just OK. The brush is enormous and just can't get close enough to get all lashes but it does come out evenly. Sometimes I see little specks/clumps; this shouldn't be since I've had it for about a week. It's hard to rub off w/o a Q-tip if you get it on your skin; you will get it on your skin because the brush is so fat. A second coat just makes things clumpier so try for evenness the 1st time around. Yet it does last and comes off easily at night.There are too many good mascaras on the market to come back to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on an impulse buy from hearing how great it is from people on Utube and people around me in general. I don't know what the fuss is about. It does not work a worth of crap on me. The applicator is huge! I felt that it wasn't doing anything for my short thin lashes. The only difference I see is that it makes my lashes darker but other than that, nada! I just think if you have long lashes then it'll work wonders on u.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by yolanda6

My trick to achieving lush elongated lashes is apply the Lash Blast first and then proceed to the Lash Stiletto by Maybelline. For those of you who want a dramatic eye use these 2 brands together and be prepared to wow the crowd with lashes that will look like " falsies".

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Shylilsweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Separates wells. Really makes your lashes black. Does not lengthen or add volume. Decent mascara for everyday. Rarely clumps, but will if you keep trying to add volume or curl. Not flexible.