Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 2/7/2009 2:48:00 AM

Didn't realize what I was missing! It made my lashes so long and so thick and soft without clumps that this might be my new HG! I don't think I'll stray away from DS brands now.

on 2/6/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just can't believe I failed to write a review for my very favorite mascara. Adds both volume & length w/o clumps. Build up several coats and looks like false lashes. My clients love it. And I keep one tube in my bathroom for me. The brush is easy to apply, seperate, and minimal clumps. Try Lash Exact or Volume Exact if you just want either volume or length.

on 2/6/2009 12:21:00 PM

I really enjoy this product! It gave me length and volume. However, the brush is a bit BIG causing my upper eye lid to get residue. I would recommend it.

on 2/6/2009 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think this mascara is OK.. its not GREAT i wouldn't mind if i got stuck using it again... its just that i don't think this product was made to keep those with small asian eyes in mind. The brush is just WAY too big and its so hard to maneuver. The formula is fine i guess... i did notice some length and volume but again, i've had better and i wouldn't repurchase. This doesn't live up to the hype for me.

on 2/4/2009 8:46:00 PM

I must admit, I like this a lot more than I thought I would! It's my first drug store mascara, and I was previously using Diorshow so I totally expected this to not live up to the hype I had heard. But for me, it works! It gives similar results to my Dior (maybe even better), but unlike the Dior, it's not flaking under my eye within 2 hours, which was really bothering me. Considering it's less than half the price, I'm impressed! I think I'll stick with it for awhile!

on 2/4/2009 5:12:00 PM

In general, I like this mascara - the very black is indeed quite black. It goes on relatively clump free, the big brush is nice. This doesn't lengthen my lashes or thicken them as well as Benefit BadGal (which is what I was using before this) but it does a better job of thickening then some of the more natural looking mascaras (like Clinique's Naturally Glossy). This is gentle on you lashes, won't dry them up and break them but I find it VERY flaky. I barely touch my eyes and it looks like I sprinkled soot on my cheeks. I probably wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/3/2009 12:05:00 AM

I love this mascara. The huge brush is hard to get used to, I did poke myself in the eye the first few times. But once you've got the hang of it: beautiful. Gives me amazing volume and length in a deep black color. I love huge dramatic lashes, my lashes are naturally thick and long, and applying this by wiggling it at the root and sweeping up really makes an impact. Creates and holds a curl nicely. The plastic wand also combs through the lashes nicely and doesn't leave clumps. Doesn't irritate my sometimes sensitive eyes either. The orange tube is kinda big and obnoxious but oh well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my very favorite makeup product. It makes my lashes look super long and thick. I haven't had any problem with clumping which seems to be my main problem with mascara. I think the tube is extra cute as well! I really love the chunky, bright orange tube. I could go on forever about how much I love this mascara. I will continue to buy this, however, I think next time I might try Lash Blast Luxe I believe it's called because I love the idea of adding a hint of color to my lashes.

on 2/1/2009 9:47:00 PM

I bought this about 3 months ago and it is officially my FAVORITE mascara! I am a drugstore brand mascara junkie (and bargainer). I own: Maybelline Great Lash, Black Magic Mascara, Maybelline Lash Stylist, Maybelline Define-A-Lash, Wet n' Wild Mega Lash, CoverGirl Lash Blast, and more. But I can confidently say that Lash Blast is the best! I have it in Very Black. I'm of an Asian background, so I have fairly thick and short lashes. The wand is which enables it to grasp and deposit color on my lashes well. It gives extreme volume and does not clump! I don't have to use those time-consuming lash combs now. My lashes look so full now, and this mascara adds a bit of drama. I'm glad to say it does not flake or fall-out. It also holds the curl in my lashes pretty well. If I go over with a second coat of mascara, it still doesn't clump.. only plumps them up some more! The only cons I would say is the strong chemical smells, and the price for a drugstore brand ($9-10). I guess that actual product and its results are what's worth of money. I don't know if the packaging is good or bad-- I would assume there would be untouchable mascara on the sides in the inside that the wand is unable to reach. This is my go-to mascara and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it! I will definitely repurchase it when I'm out.

5 months later update:
STILL USING AND STILL MY FAVORITE. 2nd TUBE!

on 2/1/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this the other day and I love it! It makes my lashes look full of volume and doesn't clump a lot. I use Sonia Kashuk's eye lash comb to get any clumps I do get out. My lashes look perfect. Great mascara for straight, short, thin lashes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials