April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Treatments - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

It is just OK. I did not see any improvement on my skin while using the SKII line. However I did not see it getting worst either. For the price I was expecting a lot more. I did loved the facial the SA lady gave me using their products. But after purchasing them and trying them at home I did not see the same effect. I will not be buying this one again. What I did like from this line was the whitening mask and the air touch foundation. The rest were just OK.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by marinahasber

No effect after several months of usage. I switched to Shiseido Pureness range. Looks like Shiseido skincare more suitable for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Yukaeshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I managed to get hold of a second-hand authentic bottle for cheaper than retail- and after using it for several months, I'd have to say that either it's quite overhyped, or that you need to use the full range of products to really see results. I'm Asian, slightly tanned with temperamental skin- sometimes combination oily, sometimes dry, mostly sensitive, and this "miracle water" doesn't do anything to really improve my condition and open pores as it claims to. I've since switched to Dermalogica's full skincare range, which, although expensive, is still more worth it than a bottle of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Love the decadent glass bottle though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I have really bad acne problem,and i was tempted to get this, as i've heard many good comments bout it, not to mention the power of their advertisement.Anywhoooo, I tried out their starter kit and i must say, that this essence really leaves my skin glowing, and my acne seems to reduce and i rarely have breakout!Even my friends commented bout my skin and some of my makeup artist friends also ask me bout my skin.However, after stop using it, my problem come back again. I think what my friend said was true, it really helps your skin alot, but once u stop using it, your problem will come back. I guess its time to use it back again. although the hefty price will definately kill my wallet. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by babyfishnat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

no difference to my skin except a few white heads that surfaced, i was told that it may be purging, however, it didn't clear for 3 months. SKII products don't come cheap and when i am paying this much, i expect much more than this to happen, certainly not a miracle. i bought this with the facial treatment cleanser, treatment milk, repair c, and Signs totallity, all were a waste of my money! This is their best selling product and i have no idea why, also it smells of smelly socks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

Its a really stupid container wasting alot onto my hands & the floor. I always ship it immediately into a spray bottle for use.

I spray this one my face & it keeps me supple & together with some other SKII products as part of my regiem back then when i was using a few SKII pdts - it help my skin breakout free, comfortabily hydrated but nothing else - no pore minizing as i hoped. However having said this - it did keep my oiliness at bay which in turn kept the pores cleaner & thus pore size maintained.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by macrobbieus

i've been using this product inconjunction with SK II Clear Lotion and it is fabulous for the last few months. I didn't get instant results in appareance, though my skin did feel nicer (i have dehydrated skin and it really helped with that). After a few months i can definately see the difference. Skin tone is more even and brighter and the added bonus is that i don't have to wear as much make up as i did before, because my skin doesn't need that much coverage anymore. Would buy again, despite the high price, though i would recommend shopping around to see if you can spot a bargain. My mum (in her mid 50's) also uses it and has for longer (couple of years now) and she constantly gets compliments on her skin and some even don't believe she's in her 50's. Definately a product and skincare line that you have to stick with to see results, but you do see some.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tomato623

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample bottle of SK II from Saks and starting using it right away. In just two days my skin cleared up and the blotchiness faded away. I look forward to waking up in the morning and seeing how even toned and soft my skin is.
The smell is a little strange, kind of sour and smells like rising bread dough.
The cost is atrocious but considering that I only use a pea size amount every time and twice a day. I just bought the largest bottle. Considering that 10ml lasted me about 10 days, 215ml will last well months and months. I would not recommend the way the sales reps use it by putting it on the cotton pad...very wasteful.

I'm using it in conjuncture with La Pairie anti-stress creme and eye creme.

I've noticed that I'm putting on less and less make up in the past week as well.

Definitely a must buy and will continue to buy it. I don't think the price is that steep considering I have over 20 jars of creams and lotions that i never finished because i didn't like the feel, saw no results or was allergic to after a few uses. If this continues to work, it might actually be a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by dawnleta

I have been using Retin A for about 15 years. I am 51 with oily skin prone to breakouts and live in Florida. I have been trying to get away from Retin A due to the mineral oil and other toxins in the product for years but have not yet found a viable solution. Thought SKII might work for me. Over the phone I bought the FT Essence, Refining, WC Clear Lotion, Facial Clear Solution and FT Repair C and stopped using Retin A and started this program 2 weeks ago. Well within one week I broke out with small bumps all over my jaw line and a few large pimples above my lip. Yuck! So I called the Saks rep and she said to stop the WS Clear Lotion and the Skin Refining Treatment and that my skin was probably "purging" impurities. The problems have subsided though I still have the dark marks from the pimples. Also, in the morning I wake up with an oil slick all over my forehead and jaw line, could this be the C causing the excess oil? And during the day my skin gets oily as well with just using the Essence and the Facial Clear Solution (which ironically is supposed to control the oil!). I was wondering if any of you out there are under the same circumstances and if you would like to share what worked (or did not work) for you? In particular if you have incorporated Retin A with this program (which also would leave my forehead and jaw greasy - but at least that would happen only at night) how did you do it? I gave these products a 3 to begin with because it seems there is a "lead time" for your skin to adjust. I will only be able to tell in time if these really work. Do these products help with hyper pigmentation? I have a few brown spots on my forehead which have just begun to mar my olive complexion.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by annsuya

Dont waste your money on the SK II range. I had very bad breakouts and skin felt dry. What a waste.Only item worth thinking is their air-brush foundation...nearly everthing else is crap.