Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 11/16/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My old favorite lotion - Palmer's Cocoa Butter - has been replaced by Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion!

I reviewed this once years ago and hated it. I don't know if I had a bad bottle or what, but the chemical unscented scent seemed to linger and I didn't feel that it moisturized that well.

I bought a new bottle recently and am completely in love!

Pros:
*Moisturizes for 24 hours as it says. Before with Palmer's or any other lotion my skin(in particular my feet) would be dry again before my next shower.
*Unscented so I don't have to think about whether I want to smell like flowers, fruit, or chocolate that day. lol
*Makes my skin look and feel healthy, soft, and smooth - like the skin on commercials and magazine ads.
*I have KP(little bumps) on my elbows and knees and this seems to get rid of them while most lotions seem to make it worse for some reason. (yay!)
*Doesn't irritate my skin.
*Isn't greasy or leave a slimy film if you have to rewet or wash the area you applied the lotion.
*Easy to find and affordable.

Cons:
*None for me, but I can understand not liking the initial 'tacky' or sticky feeling. I think that might have to do with the glycerin. But it absorbs into my skin within an hour or so and leaves it feeling smooth and moisturized until the next time I shower.

Will repurchase and I might want to try the tube so I can get all of the product out of the container. :-p

on 11/15/2010 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used aveeno for years and i swear by this product. It makes my skin a lot less itchy and dry. I relieves my skin when its red from scratching or allergies and softens it. I use this right after the shower when my skin is damp and after showering/shaving. It has a thick consistency but works really well. It has no scent to it but one of my friends think it has an unpleasant smell. Her problem but anyways i have used about 5 bottles of this. It lasts a long time as well. I also tried putting on this lotion the shaving my upper lip and it works really well and doesn't make my skin red.
Price: $9-15 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart or Walmart

on 11/6/2010 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for over 5 years and it has helped my eczema and really dry skin tremendously. It moisturizes without being oily or greasy. Very gentle for sensitive skin. Minimal ingredients. Dermatologist reccommended, fragrance free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) and once applied it moisturizes until I have a shower and remove it. The only con I would have about this product is it does have a slightly bad smell even though its said to be fragrance free.

on 11/4/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Brilliant body lotion. I've had dry skin with a tendency to eczema all my life. I've tried pretty well all the widely available lotions and creams and this is definitely my favourite. It is very calming, moisturising and effective. It does sit on my skin for a moment, but then soaks right in. Sure, it's not the cheapest, but when you have a tendency for allergies, you can't use cheapo products. Can't recommend Aveeno highly enough. (There's also another one, in blue packaging, I think it has menthol, and that's great too.)

on 11/4/2010 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

great for my son's dry skin and I love that it has no scent. Don't love the price. Usually buy it on sale when cvs has bogo or at walmart.

on 11/3/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this lotion on and off over the course of a few years (my brother uses it, since he has dry skin) and I still don't like it. It takes a long time to soak in and makes me FEEL like I have something thick on my skin instead of disappearing like I would want it to. I will say that the hydration from this lotion is fantastic, but if you have oily skin like I do, STAY AWAY. I only use this lotion occasionally during the winter and ONLY for very specific parts of my body like my elbow and what not. I can't imagine myself using it "daily" because it's just way too thick for me.

on 10/31/2010 4:56:00 PM

A moisturizer that actually does what it claims! Absorbs in to skin fast, doesn't leave any residue and relieves dry skin faster than any other moisturizer I've ever used.
I use this all over (excluding my face) after showering, I'm prone to dry patches but this keeps my skin so soft and smooth all year round. loves it :-)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lotion so much! I use it on my face, neck, and hands everyday. It never breaks me out and keeps my skin feeling smooth.

on 10/14/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this product! It clogs my pores completely. This may be affective on any part of your body but your face. If you're looking for a moisturizer that leaves your face feeling soft after you clean it with a facial cleaser...this is not the one.

i don't often use lotion but when i do i use this stuff. i apply it after a shower all over my body. it soaks in fast and doesn't leave any residue. it's also fragrance free, which i like.