September 17, 2014 | 1978 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by poodlegirl4

I bought this because I was going on holiday and wanted a primer with spf so that my m/u would stay on and I wouldn't have to use sun cream. I really like this primer- my make up stays on all day and I hardly ever need to touch up with blot powder, which I used to have to do twice a day. My make up stayed on in the pool as well, and I didn't get burnt needless to say :)
The only reason I didn't get 5 lippies is that I have combination skin and I think it has made my skin on my cheeks dry and flaky. It's not bad enough to stop me using it though- I'm hooked!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by methodigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

NO!!! WTF???? Why change the formula? WHY!!!???

New formula is garbage. Heed my warning oilier sisters:
Do not purchase. This once awesome product no longer keeps facial oil at bay. I'm so disgusted.

And yes, other reviewers are correct. The new formula smells terrible. What an egregious error has been made. I'm actually going to write a letter to MAC. I suggest that all loyal buyers of this now awful product do the same.

YES!!! HG for me!

This product might not work for some, but it did for me. My skin is sooooooo oily. Usually my face shines like a lantern within two hours of makeup application. I'd be a wealthy woman if I could sell the sebum my face pumps out every day. Prep+Prime has brought my greasy days to an end.

At first I was afraid to use P+P because it seemed so heavy coming out of the tube. It;s pretty thick and white when applied, but you just put it on, spread it out evenly with the fingertips, and it dries invisibly. A pearl-sized amount is enough to cover the grease zone (forehead, nose, cheeks; application to the eyelids keeps shadow in place and crease free almost all day). Apply concealer and foundation as normal and VOILA, near perfect makeup all day long!

Be sure to wash off completely at night-- the product seems to act as a barrier between skin's oil and makeup, so it's pretty hardcore. It definitely creates an additional "layer" on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by runnergirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does exactly what I hoped it would. My skin is mature and so I don't like applying powder to soak up the oil. It always makes me look older, no matter what I do. This primer spreads super easily and feels great on. I then apply the MAC tinted moisturizer over top which blends no problem over this primer. The resulting look is not matte, but dewy. And it stays that way the entire day. No need to blot and my makeup looks the same at night as it does when I put it on in the morning. This is my first experience with a primer so I can't compare but I love it. The only reason I only gave it four lippies is because the bottle is SO SMALL!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by stopcryingurheartout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My ex bought this for me when he was holidaying in Japan. I had high expectations for this product, hoping it would be some miracle primer.

It's really not worth the price for the amount of product you're getting. After applying this, my skin gets oily in 3 hours (in the dry Australian winter, mind you). It's not a very effective primer either. I prefer the original prep and prime and using Shiseido's sunblock (the blue bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample kit after a MAC makeup class. It doesn't say that it contains SPF but I'm going to assume that it's the same product.

Honestly I'm not a big MAC person, so I never thought of getting this before. Plus it's not clear in the tube, but rather white ish, so I thought it would be nothing like the Smashbox primer.

To my surprise, although the color isn't the same, it pretty much works the same if not better. After applying this my skin is left nice and smooth.

Also, a little goes a long way. The sample tube I got is so small and yet I'm still working at it. I might actually consider getting this in full size when I'm out of primers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Swtlilaznbabi

QUESTION: does this product protect the skin against uva AND uvb?
it's a great primer with spf in it. comes out white but when you blend it in, its clear. does NOT leave your face oily like other sunblock. i would continue to buy this for a very long time. maybe not so if i find out its not uva and uvb protected lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Kokonut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. I realize that everyone's skin is going to react differently to products and not everyone is going to have the same result. For the first time in forever, I have found the one that works for me!

My skin tends to get shiny within 2 hours after foundation application. No matter if it's liquid or powder foundation, it's always the same. Suddenly my face has become a lightbulb! I can't tell you how many blotting papers I went thru!

Well, I bought this primer, and expected the same results as I've had with all the other primers I've used- looks good for the first hour and then BLAMMO- shiny shiny shiny!!!!!

But lo and behold, this one kept true to its word and kept my (MAC Studio Fix Powder) foundation in place and there was NO SHINE! Even after several hours of wear, I had a nice dewey look to my skin but it wasn't the oil slick that I'm so used to seeing! I use my blot papers maybe once or twice a day now where it used to be several times a day! I don't have to powder my face constantly either!

And the 50 SPF is just the added bonus! So VERY satisfied with this product. I will definitely keep stock on this gem!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall ...a great product....It has a SPF..it rubs in very easily and smoothly all over the face.
I mix a dab with my tinted facial lotion and a dab of this primer and apply all over my face and neck and voila...I have a perfect smooth canvas to apply foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm an avid user of the normal Prep & Prime from MAC. After I ran out of that and all of the samples of primers I was using, I decided to give P&P SPF 50 a try. I'm glad that I did! Like others have said, a little does go a long way! All I need is a pea sized amount (sometimes a bit less) and I'm good to go and my whole face is covered. The packaging is very nice and after all, you can B2M it, which is even better!
My face feels smooth and moisturized after applying this, but doesn't feel like it's weighed down with product. Another thing I love about this, is that my oily skin stays away, all day long! My skin has been pretty oily this past month with the summer heat, but with P&P SPF 50, I don't need to apply my blot powder like I was before. It is somewhat on the pricey side, but consider how long this will last you if you use a small amount. Would definitely repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This is wonderful.You dont need to put alot of this on to prime your skin.A little goes a loooong way.And when you do put it on,it keeps your face matte.If you're looking to use this SOLEY as a primer,you won't need alot,but I'm guessing that this will be your sunblock too,so I suggest applying ENOUGH sunblock on your face. Putting a little of this SPF 50 won't be able to sufficiently protect your skin,so make sure you have the recommended amount on.

It is a cream textured primer but it doesnt feel heavy at all.So its great for both oily skin people and even dry skinned people because it is a cream.It will mattify your skin.So if you're looking for a dewy look,skip this.(But who wants a dewy look with sunscreens?That tends to look oily imo.)

I wore this for like 8 hours and my makeup was still on smooth and no oilies! How great is that?I was mostly indoors though so I didn't reapply it for sun protection.

Packaging is so cute.It has red and green sparkles all over it though you cant see that on mac's website.

It is really expensive so I have this tendency to try to SAVE it and use as little as possible because I'd hate to run out.So for that reason,I had to look for a cheaper alternative.You'd want your sunscreen to be really affordable because you're going to have to use ALOT of it each time you protect your skin. And for that reason,I found a cheaper alternative. NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY TOUCH. That sunblock is even more matte than this one.This Mac sunblock moisturizes alot more.So if you're oily and you hated this,you might love that.

This product still gets a thumbs up from me. But I'll be buying Neutrogena sunblock the next time for a more affordable option.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No