Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 12/25/2008 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

OK, so I have been using this brush with my Everyday Minerals Foundation for a long while now and have loved the results. The brush is so soft and so smooth, evironmentally friendly (synthetic hairs and bamboo handle), and is so inexpensive! But what is bringing me to write this review now is that I have just discovered how wonderful this brush is to use with LIQUID foundation. Let me just say that I have totally ditched my MAC 187 for liquid application! I have been using this brush with MUFE HD Foundation, and the results are flawless. I just pump the foundation directly onto the brush (the bristles are so dense that it just sits there!) and then dab it around my face. Then I gently buff it in and the foundation just melts into my skin. I have just been totally floored by this brush (first with mineral, now with liquid!), it is so amazing! I think this is the only foundation brush I will EVER need - it really does it all! In fact I already own 2 of them! One thing I have noticed is that as the brush ages, the bristles loosen up a bit and the brush loses a bit of its firmness, but it still performs perfectly. It also takes forever to dry after washing but otherwise this brush has got everything going for it! I highly recommend this brush and I would repurchase it over and over again!!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this brush! It so incredibly soft that it was actually hard for me to put down at first. The brushes are dense enough to give you great coverage and the bristles feel super soft on your face. The packaging is really cute, small enough for travel and everyday use without cluttering up your vanity. Bristle fallout is minimum and theres not really a chemically smell that most brushes reek of.

Honestly can't think of any cons for this wonderful brush.

on 12/22/2008 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An absolute favorite! Gives a smooth, flawless, polished, and airbrushed look. ^_^

on 12/20/2008 2:02:00 PM

Sadly to say, the EM foundation did not impress me at all (it broke me out), however their Flat Top is possibly my favourite foundation brush.

Soft and small, the Flat Top is comfortable to hold and wonderfully luxurious on my face. The only downside I can think of with this brush is that it lost a few bristles the first time that I used it (and only then), and whatever is coating the bamboo handle reeks of chemicals (not a problem if you wash the handle).

I love this brush and plan to purchase a few more for travel, etc.

on 12/18/2008 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This brush is incredible! I had been using BE kabuki brush for years because I loved the full coverage. What I didn't love was the scratchy bristles and frequent shedding on my face. I switched to EoB kabuki, which is super soft and has very little shedding. What I found though was I had to use a lot of product to get the coverage I desired (perhaps it got "lost" in the bristles). The EDM flat top brush is EVERYTHING I could want in a brush. The flat top give me full coverage with little product while the bristles are soft and do not shed. I think this $10 brush is well worth it. You're mineral makeup will look flawless AND you'll use less product (which in turn will save you money!) You will not be disappointed with this great little brush!

on 12/18/2008 10:25:00 AM

Excellent brush for foundation! It is so soft and dense...well worth the purchase!

on 12/12/2008 9:43:00 PM

OMG, how did I live without this brush?! I thought I loved my EoB kabuki, and I still do, but.... This EDM one is sooo soft and makes applying my mineral makeup so much nicer. I gives me much better coverage than the EoB. And, because it's smaller, it's easier to get into smaller areas like right under my eyes, the side of my nose, etc. And it's just $10, how can you go wrong?

on 12/12/2008 6:46:00 PM

This is the BEST brush EVER! So soft, applies foundation well and the short handle makes it really easy to apply! I just ordered one each for my Mom and 2 sisters for Christmas!

on 12/7/2008 2:12:00 PM

The bristles of this brush are soft to the touch and densely packed. They are firm enough to allow me buff in foundation or blend away blush/bronzer mistakes. As other reviewers have said, it washes completely clean and doesn't shed. I don't think I'll ever have to buy another one because it feels pretty well-made, but I would repurchase in a heartbeat if I lost mine.

I don't use it every day, though, because the short handle can be a little awkward for everyday use. The handle is too fat to fit most brush rolls and I find long-handled brushes more comfortable. I was lucky to find a cosmetics bag at Ulta with brush slots large enough for the flat top, so I only use it when I'm away from home. It would be great if EDM could create a little case, similar to the one Tarte sells with their kabuki. That way, I could keep one in my purse, too.

on 12/6/2008 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This is an amazing brush. The softest I own. I use it everyday to buff foundation, finishing powder, bronzer, etc. This is THE brush for a flawless look.

Washes well, doesn't take forever to dry. No shedding whatsoever in the many months I've been abusing it. Does not hold onto makeup during the wash, rinses completely clean, with no makeup staining. Very user friendly and kind to the skin.
My fav. About 10usd from EM online.

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products