BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

on 12/11/2009 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff was pretty good. I just started using products that weren't from the drug store, so this was a huge difference for me. This was my first non-drugstore foundation and I like it. The only thing that bothered me was it was a bit orangy, and I really had to blend because I have fair skin. And since I had to blend so much, it was a very sheer coverage, which is okay because my skin isn't bad.

I wouldn't recommend this if you don't want sheer coverage. I think too many people try to keep putting more and more on to cover, using too much and causing it to look cakey. I don't think it's meant for that.

I only dab my finger in it a little, and rub a bit around each eye, around my nose, a little on my forehead, and some on my chin. I had a sample of this from Sephora and the sample lasted me almost a month because I didn't need that much.

All and all, it really did make my skin look nice and smooth. But I think I'm going to move on to another, just because it is expensive and too orange for my skin.

on 12/10/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

I absolutely love this product! I have eczema on my face which means dryness and red skin and some kind-a gorgeous completely covers it up and makes my skin look smooth. Of course i had to test the product out before purchasing to see if i had an allergic reaction to it and fortunately, i didnt! I also like the fact it perfectly matches my skin tone (im indian with medium brown skin tone so got deep). Downsides are theres not enough and it costs a lot. Also even though its moisturising, it can get greasy so i have to usually set it with loose powder. But i have found the perfect foundation for me and will definitely buy it again!

on 12/7/2009 2:55:00 PM

Don’t let the cute packaging fool you… especially with Benefit Cosmetics. They have a lot of good products that are worth the money, but with products like this, it makes me wonder how they stay in business. The product is very unsanitary and gets pretty gross-looking after you have used it a few times with the sponge that lives underneath the product. The product actually doesn’t last too long since you have to reapply it several times per day, and at only .34 ounces, it’s definitely not worth the price. A 1 oz foundation, like one of my most favorite foundations, Boots No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation, goes on sale for around $11 bucks, and it works much better!

Pros: Umm.. the mirror that comes inside the compact is cute, I guess.

Cons: Just another “cute” product by Benefit. It looks okay for about 2 minutes, then it starts to look like you just ate KFC in about 105 degrees..greasy, oily.. and what do you end up doing? You grab the sponge and you pat more product over your oil, and it all transfers onto the sponge and lives there for the remainder of the product’s days. Not so sanitary. This product is available in only two shades. I broke out from using this product and there are NO “Benefit”s to using this product.. no vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.. but did I mention it had a cool mirror?

on 12/6/2009 3:24:00 PM

I think this is a misunderstood product. It's not to be packed on, otherwise too oily and it's not a full coverage type foundation. I like it for those light days that I don't want much but something to cover up the discolorations and freckles. Wear it under a light coating of powder and voila, you are made up without looking as such. I personally use it with a foundation brush, a stippling one works the best.

on 12/1/2009 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this
product, but I just couldn't. I'm a faithful MAC Studio Fix Fluid user and for my everyday make up I mix my foundation with moisturizer (why buy tinted moisturizer when you can make your own!) just to tone down the feeling of having foundation own. I was (am still) looking for a light- medium coverage foundation that I could apply easily and fast. When I saw this product I felt I had found the holy grail. Under the lights of Sephora the Deep shade blended with my skin tone perfectly (I'm NC40) so I took it home with me, however once we wete at home things changed. As Iapplied I felt I was getting darker and darker (not pretty dark, more like oompa loompa dark), but I kept going. I tried to set it with MAC Prep+Prime Finishing Powder, but everytime I touched my face my hands had foundation all over them! And last, but not least, I who only have break outs during THAT time of the bmonth, had a break out the next morning after using this. Needless to say I put it in it's cute little pink box and inside Sephora's cute little bag because it is going back. Oh and it smells awful, I tried, but I just can't like it =(

on 11/30/2009 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love it is so good, only thing is kinda runs out a bit quickly just a bit tho. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

on 11/29/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation. However, I use it very sparingly and only on certain areas, so I see it as more of a concealer. I love the concept of a cream-to-powder but never really believed in them, thinking they'd all be cakey. But when I use a little bit on my red areas (apples of my cheeks, tip and sides of nose, and chin) and on the dullness in the center of my forehead, all is right with the world, and I look completely natural and smooth. Plus, it has enough coverage to conceal those problem areas without hiding my well-loved freckles! It even works well underneath my eyes. I dust some MSF Natural over my face and don't need a touch-up during the day (aside from an oil blot). Overall, I think this product is well worth the money, considering how long it'll last if you don't cake it on.

I think the cute packaging of this product was what won me over. Like others have said, it's a little too oily for my T-zone combo skin. Gets too slippery and glides off. I purchased this to replace the Benefit Lyin' Eyes concealer (very little product, disappeared in 1 week! But turned out to be a factory defect). Back to Lyin' Eyes for over 2 years now. Maybe it works best on dry or normal faces?

on 11/18/2009 12:39:00 PM

Not a full coverage product in my case because i have hyper pigmentation ...but I LOVE IT ...a little pricey but seems to last be longer than i thought it would ...Makes my skin feel soft and really does not let the shine come through from oil throughout the day...I can also use both colors it comes in.

Popular Crème Foundations