July 29, 2014 | 1622 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by itismonica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a misunderstood product. It's not to be packed on, otherwise too oily and it's not a full coverage type foundation. I like it for those light days that I don't want much but something to cover up the discolorations and freckles. Wear it under a light coating of powder and voila, you are made up without looking as such. I personally use it with a foundation brush, a stippling one works the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this
product, but I just couldn't. I'm a faithful MAC Studio Fix Fluid user and for my everyday make up I mix my foundation with moisturizer (why buy tinted moisturizer when you can make your own!) just to tone down the feeling of having foundation own. I was (am still) looking for a light- medium coverage foundation that I could apply easily and fast. When I saw this product I felt I had found the holy grail. Under the lights of Sephora the Deep shade blended with my skin tone perfectly (I'm NC40) so I took it home with me, however once we wete at home things changed. As Iapplied I felt I was getting darker and darker (not pretty dark, more like oompa loompa dark), but I kept going. I tried to set it with MAC Prep+Prime Finishing Powder, but everytime I touched my face my hands had foundation all over them! And last, but not least, I who only have break outs during THAT time of the bmonth, had a break out the next morning after using this. Needless to say I put it in it's cute little pink box and inside Sephora's cute little bag because it is going back. Oh and it smells awful, I tried, but I just can't like it =(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Evxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it is so good, only thing is kinda runs out a bit quickly just a bit tho. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. However, I use it very sparingly and only on certain areas, so I see it as more of a concealer. I love the concept of a cream-to-powder but never really believed in them, thinking they'd all be cakey. But when I use a little bit on my red areas (apples of my cheeks, tip and sides of nose, and chin) and on the dullness in the center of my forehead, all is right with the world, and I look completely natural and smooth. Plus, it has enough coverage to conceal those problem areas without hiding my well-loved freckles! It even works well underneath my eyes. I dust some MSF Natural over my face and don't need a touch-up during the day (aside from an oil blot). Overall, I think this product is well worth the money, considering how long it'll last if you don't cake it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by CherryBlossom03

I think the cute packaging of this product was what won me over. Like others have said, it's a little too oily for my T-zone combo skin. Gets too slippery and glides off. I purchased this to replace the Benefit Lyin' Eyes concealer (very little product, disappeared in 1 week! But turned out to be a factory defect). Back to Lyin' Eyes for over 2 years now. Maybe it works best on dry or normal faces?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jerri20061982

Not a full coverage product in my case because i have hyper pigmentation ...but I LOVE IT ...a little pricey but seems to last be longer than i thought it would ...Makes my skin feel soft and really does not let the shine come through from oil throughout the day...I can also use both colors it comes in.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2009 4:15:00 AM More reviews by zutopiafan

I absolutely hated this. I was really excited because the packaging is so cute, and the product description seemed so perfect. First of all, the texture is slippery (I could use euphemisms and say it "glided" on, but then I would be misleading you) and feels like its just sitting on top of your skin waiting for the perfect moment to glide off your skin in a Flubber-like disaster. Granted, I have super combo skin, which didnt help matters at all. Ok, so it looked and felt bad, and I was set to return it. The foundation itself must have known that I rejected it because it made me break out hardcore as some kind of revenge. I was so upset, and immediately went through with the return (thanks, Sephora!)
Its been a long time since I used this, but Benefit products still scare the jeebus out of me, and I refuse to buy them. (Yes, I even abstain from buying those sexy little Pocket Rockets)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by jenie4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm from the UK and have been using Body Shop foundation since I can remember. For my birthday this year, someone bought me BeneFit "Just In Case" miniature set which has a little bit of Some Kind-A Gorgeous in it. I absolutely loved it so decided to buy (aka ask the boyf) a full-sized one.

I absolutely love it! I have combination skin- dry in some places, oily in others- and sometimes I can get breakouts. The Body Shop foundation I was using was very thick, as I can get quite self-concious about my skin. However, Some Kind-A Gorgeous covered up imperfections well without leaving me looking like I was caked in make-up. It glides on so softly and is hardly noticeable to other people.

However, here in the UK, it is pricey- About £25. It also doesn't have much product in the container. My first foundation lasted me about 5 weeks.

All in all, I think this foundation is a perfect day-to-day product and it is now my staple foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dissapointed with his product.
Was bought it as a present and i dislike this texture of it, quite greasy feeling and the light shade which i was told blends into any skin tone did'ent match mine as naturally as i was told and it did'ent last on my face very long.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

the SA told me this is a really light product and feels nice on the skin. I HATE the way it feels-vaseliney and slimey (maybe it has silicones) and too made up looking. ick