December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

For $27.50 a pop, I expected something more...caved when I bought some other stuff at the Chanel counter. Lash Exact is 1/3 of the price and performs much much better. Not a terrible mascara, but not worth $27.50. It tends to slightly flake and wear off by the end of the day. It gives my lashes definition but not a lot of length or volume. I am not impressed with Chanel's mascaras over all, including this one. This is the third and last one for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by artcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just about perfect for me! Great definition, buildable, curling, nice ink black color, doesn't smudge easily, has a nice hold and is removed quite easily! The only drawback is that it doesn't really add any volume, but volume is not my main issue. I like it better than the Dior Ultimeyes Unlimited I was using and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot og different mascaras in search og my HG, and this is the best one yet. I also like shu's fiber Xtension, but this is even better. YAY!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 7:56:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

This is a very bland mascara, especially by chanel's standards. It really has minimal effect, i have thin yet long blonde lashes and i found that all it did was coat them with a thin layer of colour. There was no clumping and the brush did give a nice look to my lower lashes, but thats only because i like my lower lashes very plain. this gave no extra volume or length and definitly didnt hold any of the curl. Its way too pricey for what any old maybelline mascara can do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Good for lengthening and separating, but it doesn't add volume at all. Non-clumpy.
It does smudge pretty bad though. Maybe the waterproof version would be better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara. My only complaint is that it doesn't always hold curl. (although it claims it is a curling mascara) I also use NARS, and this one does not dry out as fast. I've had it for nearly 2 months now and it hasn't dried out yet. UPDATE: this mascara tends to flake after using for a couple of weeks. Maybe because it is starting to dry out?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aprlflwr74

The makeup artist who did my makeup for my wedding recommended that I use this mascara so I purchased it. When she was done putting it on, I looked in the mirror and saw immediately felt that it was worth the $. My lashes looked natural, they extended and curled perfectly- without a curler. Well, perhaps it was my technique, but when I applied it, I was disappointed. The color was great but my lashes did not curl at all. I feel that the for the price and the wand, anyone could apply it with ease and get the look that it promises. Although I said I would, I am on the fence as to whether or not I will buy this again . I am going to continue using it until it expires. Perhaps I need some more practice applying it, knowing what its capabilities are.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Tularip

I got this mascara as a mini in a gift pack from Chanel. I absolutely hate it. I know that sometimes, mini's aren't a true reflection of the full-sized product (don't ask me why) but this did NOTHING for me.

I admit to having tiny, sparse lashes but this brush couldn't even coat the product on. I'd have to brush over the area 4-5 times to get any sort of effect. Somehow, despite being a small brush, I always get mascara dots around my eyes that I need to clean up (a problem that I don't have using big brushes like Diorshow).

For rubber brushes, Max Factor Masterpiece worked a million time better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Cindyrella1212

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm, well I loved the results I got from the sample size so I bought a full size. Not loving it. Cover Girl Lash Exact gives me the same look with the same rubber brush and doesn't dry out as fast. I DO like the brush, it seprates really well, but for $29, I will not repurchase. For some reason the sample sizes don't dry out as fast, I find this with Diorshow too. I could buy samples sizes on ebay but to save time and effort, I think I'll just stick to CG Lash Exact.
EDIT: After some time I found that CG last exact is definitley NOT a replacement for Intimitable. I HAVE re-purchased even though it's expensive it's the best out there. I do still prefer the sample sizes though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

I was a little dissapointed after all the hype about this mascara. I finally decided to splurge and try it, but I don't think I will buy it again. I had been using Diorshow and am sorry I switched. Diorshow is cheaper and works better for my lashes. The chanel mascara tends to clump when you apply more than twice, and it didn't do much as far as volumizing either. I did notice that it works much better if you use an eyelasher curler before you apply, but I don't always carry one with me. The packaging is cute, but at around $30 I don't think it's worth the price!