October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say this stuff is really wonderful. When i first tried this I was in highschool and my armpits were always soaked. I sweat a lot less now (probably because I am not so scared/nervous anymore) and haven't felt obliged to use certaindri for a few years.

However, when i did use it, it worked miracles. Can cause some underarm dryness/itching the next day and I would be very careful if I had very sensitive skin.

I found at the time I also sweat on my hands and CertainDri is not for hand application, thus I found Maxim which I am pretty sure is only sold online. Maxim is probably a little better than CertainDri just because you can apply it more places on the body than CertainDri, but if all you want it for is armpits pretty much, then CertainDri is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Littleloti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! Wonderful! Stupendous! I have been using this product for years and I will never go back to anything else. I was one of those unfortunate girls growing up that had large wet spots under my arms year round. I even resorted to sneaking into the girls bathroom at school a couple times a day to put toilet paper in my shirt to soak it up. It was embarressing! Finally, I learned about CertainDri. It doesn't just block sweat, but it actually shrinks you sweat pores. It works best at night, just before you go to bed so it can shrink you pores while you sleep and you can wake up and have a normal, non-sweaty day. No need to put reagular deodorant on in the morning, CertainDri will replace that entirely. Finally, I'm not ruining my shirts because of yellow sweat spots in the armpit area. It also last up to 72 hours, so you don't need to use it everyday! I only put it on every 2 or 3 days.

I will warn you, don't put it on right after you shave your armpits. If you do, you'll just have to suck up the slightly stinging, uncomfortable feeling. You might also get this feeling when you first start using it, but it doesn't last long and in no time, you won't get that feeling any more and you won't be scared to raise you arms and have fun in life, without worring about those embarressing spots! Seriously, this is the one product I absolutly can't live without. If you have a sweating problem, give it a try, you really don't have anything to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mamabaybee

Ok, ok my name is mamabaybee and i do indeed have an underarm "moisture" problem.

But not anymore!
This stuff is amazing, i was a little dubious to be honest, but from day one this stuff works..
Applying it night before bed is fine, i did have a little irritation at first, but nothing more than a slight itching which had passed by the morning.
The first day i tried it out was a warmer than average day (23c) and no sweat, no smell, nothing. Yes it does feel weird not sweating, i spend most of the day checking my armpits for it..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Holy moly, this stuff is incredible! I don't normally sweat more than your average bear, I guess, but I just don't like stinky wet armpits EVER. Not when it's hot, not when I'm nervous; I just don't like it. So when I saw the reviews about this I thought I would give it a try. Especially for only around $6.

I have never had problems with sensitivity, and this is no exception. I've been trying to put it on right before i go to bed just in case it gets itchy, but that often leads to me forgetting to use it. So I'm just putting it on earlier with no consequences thus far.

For a while I kept wearing normal deo during the day, but I am experimenting without it recently and I think I'll do just fine. I've had many a white tshirt get yellow under the sleeves due to deo, so I'm not sad to leave it behind. I liked the Secret Sparkling Jasmine I was using, but if I don't need it, I don't want it!

The fact that my underarms are not producing sweat anymore IS kind of strange, I guess, but I have to say it does not really worry me. There are lots more non-stinky places for my body to expel that sweat from to cool itself. I'm enjoying the dry pits.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by saribee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt it works.
BUT.....Doesn't it freak you out that sweat is being prevented from leaving your body?
Come on guys, sweat is your body's natural way of cooling itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by cutegal_18

I love this product....I bought it because of the reviews here in MUA and I am not disappointed with the results. It kept my underarm dry all day and even the next day, so I just used it every other day. This is the only product that kept my underarm dry and free from sweat, before it used to sweat right after taking a shower. I finally found a HG antiperspirant for me. Thank you for all the reviews. If I havent read the reviews here I would never known the product and will still have an underarm problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

yay! I finally found an antiperspirant that works!! I followed the directions vrrry carefully...et voila...the next day...my shirt was still dry ALL DAY. And since I live in hawai'i, not sweating in the warm, humid weather is kind of a big deal.
I didn't experience the burning other people seem to have experienced, but it does itch like a mother******. eek!! its SO difficult to not scratch...but the results are worth it..I use it every two days, and shave on the day in between.
It's such a relief to have found something that works:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by georgiasmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Certain Dri is great! Please read and follow the directions very carefully. This is not something that you use everyday. I put it on on Sunday night before I go to bed. That's it, once a week. I'm good to go all week. Trust me, I have plenty of tshirts that are rags now because of sweat stains. I love this stuff. I put on Suave aerosol deodorant in the mornings after my shower. Do not put it on on a day that you have shaved and also clean your underarms before putting on. It's all in the directions...please read those first. There is also a Certain Dri AM but, I am not as impressed with that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by GTgirl

This product is AMAZING!! I'm not crazy about roll-ons or having to apply anything at night but this truly has changed my life. I get my underarms waxed so i dont have to worry about shaving ($7 bucks girls, come and get with it). Three days after waxing I applied this and i feel like a NEW WOMAN. Smooth underarms PLUS no sweat or odor. Its like a dream! I live in atlanta so i found this in a PUBLIX for about $5-$6 dollars. Im excited about not having to pick out certain shirts for fear of sweat stains. Please follow directions, i did and i havent had any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dhutchens

This is a great product!! I found it a long time ago and have used it whenever I need it since. I do not use it daily ,just every now and again, whenever I feel like my regular stuff isn't working as well. It will burn if you use it after shaving and it can discolor clothing. Put it on when you get out of the shower, if you didn't shave, and let it soak it before putting on your clothes.