October 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 7:27:00 AM More reviews by colombiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am always on the hunt for the perfect concealer (like most people I'm sure!). That said I am always trying new ones out, never sticking with one kind/brand for too long. After finsihing DuWop surface crayon (which was ok but very greasy and didn't stay put for enough of the day) I decided to try this one. My HG fndtn is LM moisturing and way back in the day I tried her secret camoflauge (which was again ok but i never used both shades so it was a waste). I have to say I'm pretty happy with this product. It provides nice coverage (use it under eyes and on occasional spots) and it's very buildable and blends easy. I reccomend an eye cream underneath if you're feeling dry but as of yet it has not cracked or balled up on me. I would buy this again but I'm already intrigued by Chanel Pro Lumiere concealer which I will try next. That said, all the LM products I have tried are all excellent quality and well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sunnysan

This is my HG undereye concealer! I'm on my second purchase now and I still love it. I swear I have tried a lot of concealers but this one has never failed me. I agree with the others that you have to be careful when applying so it doesn't settle into fine lines but it really does the job! I will definitely buy when the one I use up the one I'm currently using. I'm NC30 and I'm using #2.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Katmcb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

creamy, good coverage, doesn't cake. Use it in conjunction with the tinted moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favorite undereye concealer. It is creamy, covers well, and lasts. I apply with fingers or brush, set it with the Secret Brightening Powder and it's good for the day. I took away one lippie only because I have to apply and set it carefully or it can settle a bit into lines, but not nearly as badly as other concealers I've tried. For reference, I like it better than MUFE Lift (doesn't cover or last as well), Amazing Cosmetics (doesn't cover as well), Stila Perfecting (doesn't last as well), Bobbi Brown (does it all in one layer instead of two). I'm NC25ish, Stila C, Armani 5 and use #2 concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by victoriatran

Well, for a while there, it took me a long time to manipulate this product to work for me. I didn't know how to make it cover completely and tried to hide the noticeable demarcations. Well, i finally found my path. I bought LM Secret Brightening Powder and boy does it make a difference! I put my concealor underneath and put the powder on time and it stays. Boy does this concealor STAY. Get it! I am NC30 and I use #2.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by gettraind

Very nice concealer,great pigment. Not my HG but for now it is in my rotation up there with my other 2 fav's. It is very emollient so it does not dry out my undereyes. I set it with the secret brightening powder (the white one) and it only slightly creases on me. I have yet to find one that does not crease at all once set with some kind of powder, even if it is the finest milled and pressed into the concealer the correct way. This one creases very little though. The shade is a perfect match but does not cover the blue shades as much as I would like. I use the #1 and have nw20 skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I didn't care for this at all.. A little too thick for my taste, when the MA did a makeover on me I walked outside and did not have any dark circles (cursed with the hereditary dark circles). But if you don't put eye cream on forget it, you look like a racoon with orange under your eyes....This looks orange in the pot but once you blend and play with it is a good color, but I just didnt care for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by berries674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I AM ON MY SECOND POT OF THIS AND HAVE TO REPOST!!!! THIS CONCEALER WITHSTANDS SWEAT/RAIN/SNOW/TEARS...This stuff is AWESOME. I was skeptical b/c of the price ($22) but, I was assured by the woman at Sephora i could bring it back (they are awesome, btw). I love the consistency, it is creamy and blends very nicely. I only get 4-6 hrs of sleep and work outdooors, so my circles make me look old and tired. I bought #2 which looks darker than it is. Once you swirl it around in the pot, it is a very nuetral yellowish beige that covers bluish/blackish circles very well. I use a concealer brush and/or my finger and i love it!!!! A little goes a long way so ever though its pricey, it will LAST. Overall, i look younger, and rested when i use this and like i said, you only need a little and once you set it w/ a translucent powder (which is all i use for face) it looks and covers great!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

It's a waste of money,did not work on my very dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by anderson02

I just bought my 2nd pot of this. I got a tan and my other concealer was too pale for me. I LOVE THIS CONCEALER!!! I have DARK hereditary circles under my eyes and this one (and Prescriptives) is the only one that even comes close to touching them. I love it b/c it is creamy and blends to look ultra-natural. No more raccoon eyes!