Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little of this goes a long way, I just wish they had more options for more perfectly matching my skin tone. I can't use this in winter without first moisturizing my undereye area with a good moisturizer or face hard to blend concealer streaks.

I've learned that warming a little of the product between two fingers and then applying can make the difference.

I still would rather use the Jane Iredale #2 as it's a little creamier and the two clors in the pot can be custom mixed to suit exact skin tone.

I unfortunately have inherited my mother's undereye circles and look exhausted no matter how much sleep I've had! Because of this, I've tried a number of undereye concealers- Cle de peau, YSL Touche Eclat, Stila, Benefit Boing. This one is my favorite so far. It blends into my skin really well and seems more natural than the others. I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier's makeup line! After using this for a few months, I am feeling a bit less in love. It's staying power is far from impressive.

Overall the best eye concealer that I've used. Very hydrating, not cakey, blendable, and you can apply lightly enough or even layer it for heavier coverage. Also, dispite the container size, very little goes a long way.

Because the eye concealer is very hydrating, I believe it is best to brush on some powder to set the concealer around the eyes. If not, it might smudge your eye makeup a bit.

I love it!

This is longlasting, so much so... I can't get rid of it! It has nice coverage but after trying Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer at Sephora, I won't buy this again when I finally do run out of it.

Despite being very pleased with the Laura Mercier concealer, I recently started using the BB concealer kit because it seems to me that the BB is more densely pigmented; hence, the BB does a better job of covering the darkest areas of my undereye circles.
The LM concealer is just as creamy and definitely creases less than the BB, but its staying power is quite low. Hmmm, after reading some of the reviews on here, I've just realised that I never thought to apply a finishing powder - maybe that makes all the difference.
Mental note: try this tomorrow.
I will update when I do so...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing !! I have very very dark circles and very dry sensitive skin around my eyes. This covers my circles and has a nice creamy texture so does not dry out the eye area. Have used ALOT of under eye concealers and this is by far the best !!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the few products that I have actually repurchased. I have been using this concealer for years (I'm NC 35 in MAC, and I have the #2 shade), and I can't imagine NOT using it. It looks very natural and doesn't look like I'm wearing obvious concealer. To apply, I use a small pointy brush and then blend gently with my ring finger and then set with loose powder (see below for that).

The greatest things about this product are 1) texture: soft, creamy, blends easily 2) pot-style container lets you use every last bit and 3) very little product is actually needed to do the job. I use this every day and one pot lasts me almost a year, so for $28 USD, it's a good value.

Lately, I have noticed that this concealer settles in fine lines if I don't apply loose powder correctly after I've put it on. Someone mentioned that they apply loose powder w/ a concealer brush, so I might try that, but I used to apply loose powder with a sponge and press it gently under my eyes to set it. I have never used any LM powders, so I don't know if they are better than MAC for this purpose.

Other than that, I really do like this concealer, and I have stopped looking for my HG, because as far as I'm concerned, this is it!

love this concealor. a woman at sephora put some secret brightener on me, but i hesitated on buying the concealor because of the price. so when i went home, i put on my usual mac NC30 concealer and realized that the lm one was much better. i bought the lm undercover duo (it's half secret camoflage and half secret concealor) because i don't use that much of it - it's highly pigmented but creamy and moist. yes, its a bit of work using a concealor brush to apply but now that i'm reaching my mid 30s, a little work is a small price to pay for looking so well rested! compared to my mac liquid concealor, the secret concealor is much more moisturizing and does not cake. i use a light hand and wait a few minutes before deciding to apply more. mac leaves me looking a bit yellow under the eyes, while lm makes me look bright-eyed. not bad for someone who regularly gets only 5hrs of sleep a night! i dust the slightest bit brightening powder over it, and i get a well-moisturized, bright eyes all day long - its my new HG!

Background Information: I'm an NC15 (pale with yellow undertones), and I purchased this in the lightest color (#1). I have some fine lines and mild dark circles. I live in Asia, so the climate is extremely hot and humid.

Review: I have to admit that the orange color in the pot was terrifying because I am VERY pale. =P However, I only use a tiny amount of this concealer, and it looks perfectly natural in sunlight. Some of the other reviewers mentioned that this starts to crease (or work itself into fine lines) before they even put powder on top of it, which is what I also have experienced. However, I just pat a little bit more right before I put on powder, and there's no more creasing all day (even in this crazy humid weather).

I apply the concealer after letting my eye and face moisturizers sink in for a few minutes, and I use my fingers to pat it on. I don't pat too much on all at once, since this is a concealer that works much better with layering (light and thin laters). Like I have already mentioned, it just takes a little bit of product--too much and it will definitely be cakey and work into fine lines. I guess there's a bit of a learning curve to this product, because it took me a few tries to perfect the application. I am quite happy with this concealer, because it doesn't dry out my eye skin like other concealers, and it is very long-lasting.

I would definitely repurchase, however, I don't know when I will need to because one pot will last for a very long time.

2008/09/26 Edit: It is now almost one year since I left this review, and I've used it every single day, and there is still more than 75% left in the pot! I will definitely repurchase 2 years from now ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've never used LM products because they all seem to have an orange undertone that doesn't work with my skin color. This was no exception. I found the consistency, coverage, and staying power to be very similar to Bobbi Brown, but BB has more color choices. Ultimately, I prefer the Three Custom Color custom blend, it's similar in consistency, but I think it lasts longer than the others and it's the color I want.