April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by vickyyy

this product was felt nice and light on my skin and it gave a decent amount of coverage. but the price was so high for something that could be compatible with other products! and plus i think it broke me up a bit. but, eh, it's not that bad of a product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by icanfly

They claim that this product gives full coverage, but does it? Nope. And that's one of the reasons why I returned it. Another thing that I didn't like about it was that it wasn't long lasting and would practically evaporate from my face, plus I,m pretty sure that it gave me some pimples. The foundation didn't look caky, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by eandrews6338

I really wanted to try something new and different I was tired of using my clinique superbalanced makeup so I bought this the lady at the counter was extremely rude and I ended up getting colormatched with a shade wayyyy too dark for my skin tone I literally had to go back 3 times before they finally figured out a shade for me very frustrating..
    overall I like the full coverage and the nice satiny finish but it seems to accentuate the dryness in certain areas of my face not so great for someone with dry skin it wasn't anything special I ended up taking it back

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by lamarta

I used to like this foundation until I found out Lancome makes animal tests, so no more Lancome for me!
    Other than that the foundation itself is ok, has a nice satin finish and it's not too oily or too dry, it looks quite natural.
    But I only give one lippie because of the animal tests!
    Luckily I found some good alternatives, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really really like this product!! I only wear it at night time, i wear Maybelline mineral powder in the day, just a little bit.

This is really really good if your looking for something which is medium to full coverage, lasts a long time, is good for going out when your dancing it doesn't come off! My friends and i all go to the bathroom and my face still looks matte and the makeup is all on and im amazed!! It's a really good product. Some people might not like the smell, all my other products are fragrance free but i looked past that since its the best I've found for night time!! Would highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by baharh

I used to wear this before i switched to chanel a couple years back. It is a good foundation with good coverage, you just have to make sure to apply it with brush and Blend well. It stays on forever, I remember visiting a friend in Arizona during one summer, and grinning when she asked me "how come your makeup isn't melting off like mine". I think the only reason i switched was because chanel's color matches my natural complexion better and felt lighter on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by twinkle10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

My twin sister has this foundation and I thought it looked decent on her and liked the pump style bottle. Fortunately, I started with only a sample bottle. The color was a good match and went on smoothly. I generally wear lighter foundations by day during the warmer months (which are most in FL) so this was a bit heavier than I was use to. Well after two days of wearing this, my face has erupted. My son actually just came up to me and asked me what "That Big Thing" was on my face. "That Big Thing" would be the largest of my many blemishes this foundation has caused. To be fair, I do have sensitive skin which is why I started off with a sample. But I have never had this bad of a reaction. (I've used Lancome Color ID and loved!) I will be going back to Prescriptives Virtual Skin which is very similar to Lancome's DC'd Color ID.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I love it! it doesnt give me any skin issues, and many foundations, even those which claim to be non-comodogenic, give me breakouts and clogged pores around my jawline and on my neck. weird, right? It blends quickly and evenly like a dream. It gives enough coverage that you DO get good coverage but not on the heavy side, more natural, but, again, coverage is still good. some foundations are heavy and thick but arent flattering. It lasts about 7 hours through a fairly busy hot day and just needs a powder touchup. It did NOT crease or shift that i have noticed, especially on the bridge of my nose from my glasses.
    my shade is perfect (N4 Ivory). I use it over avon Face Perfector which Reese Witherspoon endorses. Even without the Face Perfector, it gives me a nice, dewy finish that looks fresh but not greasy. price is a tad high but it's cheaper than a lot of foundations and i am VERY picky i hate most foundations so to me, $40 for 5 months worth of foundation isnt so bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by naj123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Skin type: Combination with random acne, and quite a bit of scars on cheeks
    Skin color: Asian-y, more on the tan-yellowy side, but still a lil fair---i dono if that made sense (nc20-30)
    Foundation color: 01 Beige Albatre

review:
    I've been searching for the ultimate foundation, still trying to decide whether this is it tho. I really like how it goes on quite light unlike other foundations, but you seriously need to put this on quick and moisturizing is a must or else it'll get cakey. I'm not really sure if I bought the right color, the lady kept telling me that this is the right color and the other one is too dark, I couldn't tell whether this was the right shade in the fluorescent mall lighting. But when I went home, I tried it on, it looked pretty and gave me that matte yet still fresh look. but my only issue is the fact that it looks horrible under camera flash. I donno if its my shade, because it looks natural under natural lighting, but once the cameras on, I look like I have uneven skin tone, and some areas are darker or lighter. does anyone else have this problem?
    It doesn't cover all my dark spots, I still need to spot on concealer, you can layer it on, but I try to avoid that for fear of cakiness.
    Overall, I actually really do like the foundation and I think its worth the money and does stay on for quite awhile. I live in a tropical humid country, I don't expect miracles, so I do need to powder within 3 or so hours. Oh and this is the only foundation that doesn't break me out, but I'm not really sure whether its in my head or not but sometimes I put it on and the skin around my lips become itchy, no rashes but odd.

Update:
    Feb. 25th 2010--I've switched to mineral makeup, but I do use this on special occasions(or when I want to play with makeup). I found the best way to use this is with a slightly moist flat top brush(I use ELF studio powder brush) It goes on much more evenly for me. So I squirt it onto my hand, then I dot it along one part of my face and buff it into my face. Then I do the same to the other parts of my face. That way it doesn't dry as quickly, the application is lighter and smoother. AND it looks great on camera.
    Oh and moisturizing is a MUST, even for the oily faced.
    Still not HG though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by balekjia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I waited awhile to review this product. I had been using Lancome Photogenic Buff 4 but couldn't get the right shade and it began breaking out my skin.

My breakouts have stopped since I switched to Teinte Idole Ultra. My skin is fair, prone to reddness and rosacea. The Buff 2 shade has a very natural, neutral (without all the pink and gold in some lancome shade)s finish but still covers redness.

You definitely need a moisturrizer, or sunscreen base if you have normal or drier skin. I use dermaclear fade cream, wait 5 minutes, and then the Teinte Idole applies beautifully.