September 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit on the fence about this concealer. Blendability, just as the name promises, is great. I was able to find my perfect match, something that really isn't that easy to do the first time, and application is simple. My problem with this concealer is that it seems to "slip off" after about 6 hours, which has never happened to me with ANY other face product (I've used many), even though I do have oily skin. The brush applicator would be nice to apply the concealer, if only it didn't come out with SO much product on it. No matter how much I wipe off the brush there's still way too much product on it, which makes me wonder if the entire bottle is concentrated into the brush somehow. It also makes me feel kinda weird to have the same concealer dotted onto my face over and over again. I will buy this again as it is so close to my natural skin tone and blends so well, but I will be on the hunt for another that has better packaging and lasts a bit longer on me :)
Price: $10.99 USD
Colour purchased: Medium/Deep Warm
Recommend?: Only to those with dry/combo skin
Buy again?: Yes
PS - I forgot to mention that this does NOT settle into fine lines, unless it is caked on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by notsogirly818

this is a great concealer! it helps with redness and doesn't feel like your wearing makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by smuggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly, the concealer was the best product in the True Match line, for my tastes - and concealer is usually the product I have most trouble with!

The shade was a great match for my fair skin, and being able to layer coverage (two applications for my dark eye-area) worked very well. It had relatively good staying power, which is surprising given how easily the True Match foundation and blush wore off of me. This is a fair quality, not-badly-priced concealer. I'll continue to use it, but am unsure if I will actually re-purchase, since my HG CoverFX products do a great job in terms of being both foundation and concealer... if you use separate products, though, this is a sound choice. Just be sure to give it a chance, and know that you may need to layer application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by krisdepp

i use the pinker shades (i think the consider it warm) for under my eyes. it's actually one of the best concealers i've used for covering my under eyes circles without drying or settling into fine lines. the lightest shade is a bit dark for me, so i will continue to look for something better, but i don't mind this at all. i use it every day. for blemishes, however, not the best coverage, and the yellower (cool, i think?) shades look unnatural on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Excellent concealer here!
I am super pale and most concealers are too yellow, "orangey" or just not light enough. Neutral fair/pale is a perfect, I mean perfect match for me.
I love the creamy blendable formula, it practically melts into my skin making it look natural and flawless. It covers my redness and acne scars so well you'd never know I ever had any.
I don't need foundation when I wear this. It lasts the day and doesn't get cakey or anything like some do after a few hours wear.
I am in love and I will definitely repurchase when I run out. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by nyla9711

This didn't cover as well as I would like. However, it is very smooth and blendable. It works well for under the eyes without creasing or settling into the fine lines around the eye area. I have some darker spots left over from old pimples. When I used it to cover those darker spots, they still shows up. That's what I meant about it not having the coverage I wanted. But so far, I haven't broken out from this. I wanted to try the Airwear, but it wans't in the store anymore. So I bought this one. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this concealer. It doesn't cake up at the end of the day or fade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought it worked just as an under-eye concealer should work. I'm a light olive-yellowy brown shade and used the light/medium shade. I generally don't use the brush however as the consistency is a bit thick; I dab a bit on my ring finger and apply in little dabs until I've covered the area. There's a slight shimmer which is nice as it reflects light from under the eye and give a glow. It didn't turn orange on me; my only thing is that toward the end of the day it looks slightly pale. Great value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by td0919

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This comes second next to MAC concealers and at a fraction of the cost. I purchased the W6-7-8 for my olive skin tone and all I needed were three-four drops under my eyes for dark circles. Works like a chart with little touch-ups during the day. I put this over the L'Oreal True Match foundation and it works great. I'm surprised about the lacking of good reviews for this product, and I had no problem with the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I'm surprised at all the lackluster reviews here. I use N4-5, and I find it to be an exemplary product. I get no problems with the bottle leaking or gooping up, and application is as easy as three or four dots with the brush under my eye and pat with a pinkie to blend it out, giving me perfect coverage alone or over the True Match liquid foundation. The bottle is a perfect size for on-the-go makeup kits, the price is reasonable, and some days I even like it better than my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. I have no problems with it settling into fine lines, it lasts all day, and truly lives up to the "super blendable" advertising.

I wonder if a lot of the negative reviews of the True Match liquid foundations and concealers are from people who don't shake up the bottle before every use. So many people say the liquid foundation is hard to get out of the bottle, but it pours right out for me quite easily once its been shaken. I also make sure to always shake up the concealer before every use, and I have none of the problems mentioned so commonly by other reviewers.

My only concern is that the True Match products all seem to be of an oil-free formulation, and with my dry skin, that calls for heavy moisturizing beforehand when I'm going True Match for that day. Not that this is necessarily a problem, because with my dry skin, I need heavy moisturizing, anyway. These days my regimen includes Korres Hamamelis toner, followed by Korres Yoghurt moisturizing cream and Evening Primrose eye cream, topped with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer-Hydrating (which I may replace with Korres' new Face Primer if I like it better). Nothing else touches my face until that is complete. The thing is, If I don't go that heavy with the moisturizing products, the True Match liquid foundation comes off a bit dry on me, but with that regimen, it comes out perfect.

I'd give this product a 5 if it were a little more moist.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

second tube used...(only because the first one dried out and my second concealer (inglot) was a waste of money)

after using it for so long, and never really realizing... Its not much different from the true match foundation. the pigmentation is just about the same, and the consistency as well. it doesnt conceal much more than the foundation does. I gave it a 2, because well, it still covers SOMETHING, and i like the applicator.. sorta. its not very sanitary to use it, and stick it back into the tube, but its easier to get to the concealer.. i guess.