L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

3.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

on 11/9/2009 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this only for under eye dark circles and it does a great job.

I use the matching liquid foundation, so don't need it for blemishes (the foundation covers them).

I apply with the wand it comes with but then stipple it out to blend with a round foundation brush.

on 11/7/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I hate this concealer so much. The formula is so thin and while it does feel light, it provides almost no coverage. I tried this on my blemishes and it didn't conceal anything. I tried this on my severe undereye circles and it made me look like i was wearing make up and it was very unnatural. The packaging is also horrible, the little stopper at the opening doesn't do the job and wayyy too much product ends up on the wand. YUCK, would not repurchase or recommend. YUCK

on 11/1/2009 10:30:00 PM

I gave this a higher rating only because it lives up to its True Match name. I have a very hard time finding a matching shade for my very cool skin, but was able to with this (which IS quite a feat). However, as a concealer, it doesn't conceal blemishes very well. It's decent for the redness I have between my eyebrows from old acne scars from when I had cystic acne, and it blends very well, but because it's so thin and almost oily.

Edit: I've moved on to using Jane's concealer and while I wouldn't call that my HG, it also matches my cool toned skin (just may be a tad *too* white toned), but is the thickness I want. It actually "conceals" and it looks more matte than this stuff.

on 10/29/2009 10:17:00 PM

Apply with the brush and buff in with a mac 224 (or any other fluffy blending brush). Set with benefit powderflage for brightening, or coastal scents silica spheres for matte. Works well for my mind under-eye darkness and combination skin.

on 10/28/2009 3:02:00 PM

I went from using this concealer to using the Maybelline superstay, but now i'm back to using this. I really liked the Maybelline one because of how pigmented it is and how well it stays, but this concealer seems much easier to blend and works better for my dry skin. Plus, it seems the lightest shade is a better match for me than the superstay. This isn't a perfect concealer, because it does seem to fade, and if you want alot of coverage, this might not be the best. It is buildable, but overall its somewhat sheer for a concealer. But, until i find that perfect HG concealer, i'll continue to use this. I do wish they had shades that were 'olive' toned. As well as this matches my skin, its not *perfect*.

on 10/20/2009 6:19:00 PM

I'll be honest, I hated this product... I use it for blemishes, because I have very minor dark circles. But when I did apply it under my eyes, it creased really badly. Anyway, when I apply it to small blemishes, it covers it pretty well, but by the time I get to school, it's already a little faded. By the time I get home at the end of the day, it is completely gone.
The packaging is bad too, it leaked everywhere inside my makeup storage :"( gross!

The only thing I liked about it was the price....I won't be buying this again, though :(

on 10/17/2009 9:39:00 AM

I love how this product looks and applies! It really is super blendable and I love that about it. It really cover my dark circles but it still looked really natural. The color selection is really good, too. I have two complaints. The packaging is horrible! I thought the little brush was really good when I first saw it, but I was wrong. It picks up so much product that you have to scrape almost all of it off on the sides of the bottle. I gave up and just use my fingers, which works well. Another thing is, it fades so easily! That is the reason I won't repurchase this product because when I get home from school at 3:00, it is completely gone! And I set it with powder every day. But other than that, I love this stuff, but the bad outweighs the good. :(

on 9/25/2009 6:06:00 PM

This is a great concealer! A little bit goes a long way with me, so it's very easy to hide the dark circles under my eyes and any blemish with almost no effort. Nice!

The one complaint I have is the applicator. The brush is a nice idea, but it usually picks up way too much product, so I have to use a very light hand with it. Other than that, I can fully recommend this stuff!

on 8/30/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is great if you want to use it around the eye area. My eyes are very deep set, so I apply a dab onto my eye lids and blend. It blends easily and brightens up my eye area. I have tried using this on a breakout/lines and it seems to get patchy or the formula breaks up or something. It settles around the break out and not on it (I think its too liquidy) and for lines (deep ones) it accentuates. But this is an A+ d/s product for darkness around the eyes.

on 8/23/2009 12:28:00 AM

This concealer is great. It is easy to apply and blends very well. It provides medium coverage and does not clog pores. It feels light. I use it as an all-in-one, to cover undereye circles and minor blemishes/redness on the face. I've had no trouble with it so far. Definately would buy again.