July 25, 2014 | 1585 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by td0919

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This comes second next to MAC concealers and at a fraction of the cost. I purchased the W6-7-8 for my olive skin tone and all I needed were three-four drops under my eyes for dark circles. Works like a chart with little touch-ups during the day. I put this over the L'Oreal True Match foundation and it works great. I'm surprised about the lacking of good reviews for this product, and I had no problem with the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I'm surprised at all the lackluster reviews here. I use N4-5, and I find it to be an exemplary product. I get no problems with the bottle leaking or gooping up, and application is as easy as three or four dots with the brush under my eye and pat with a pinkie to blend it out, giving me perfect coverage alone or over the True Match liquid foundation. The bottle is a perfect size for on-the-go makeup kits, the price is reasonable, and some days I even like it better than my Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. I have no problems with it settling into fine lines, it lasts all day, and truly lives up to the "super blendable" advertising.

I wonder if a lot of the negative reviews of the True Match liquid foundations and concealers are from people who don't shake up the bottle before every use. So many people say the liquid foundation is hard to get out of the bottle, but it pours right out for me quite easily once its been shaken. I also make sure to always shake up the concealer before every use, and I have none of the problems mentioned so commonly by other reviewers.

My only concern is that the True Match products all seem to be of an oil-free formulation, and with my dry skin, that calls for heavy moisturizing beforehand when I'm going True Match for that day. Not that this is necessarily a problem, because with my dry skin, I need heavy moisturizing, anyway. These days my regimen includes Korres Hamamelis toner, followed by Korres Yoghurt moisturizing cream and Evening Primrose eye cream, topped with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer-Hydrating (which I may replace with Korres' new Face Primer if I like it better). Nothing else touches my face until that is complete. The thing is, If I don't go that heavy with the moisturizing products, the True Match liquid foundation comes off a bit dry on me, but with that regimen, it comes out perfect.

I'd give this product a 5 if it were a little more moist.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

second tube used...(only because the first one dried out and my second concealer (inglot) was a waste of money)

after using it for so long, and never really realizing... Its not much different from the true match foundation. the pigmentation is just about the same, and the consistency as well. it doesnt conceal much more than the foundation does. I gave it a 2, because well, it still covers SOMETHING, and i like the applicator.. sorta. its not very sanitary to use it, and stick it back into the tube, but its easier to get to the concealer.. i guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lahdedah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Coverage is okay, but it just wipes off if you put it on under foundation (no matter how long you let it dry), and I had issues getting it to blend when I put it on over the foundation. The packaging is HORRIBLE! The first couple of uses, it's fine, but as soon as a little of the makeup gets in the top, it just gets messier and messier! It seems like half of the bottle ends up oozing out when you close the top. The only way I can think to remedy this is to wash any excess you don't use off the brush before replacing it, but there's no way to control how much is on the brush, so it can be a huge waste to do this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by debbiedang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this concealer is alright, it doesn't have the best coverage but does cover like my under-eye circles. theres a lot of shades when you look at the undertones of the concealers but not too many shades from light to dark. i bought the W4-5, then realized it was too dark so i bought the W1-2-3 to even it out. the texture feels kinda gritty.. not very creamy. and the packaging sucks.. the thing leaks and the brush is annoying and flimsy. it's alright.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like that this formula blends well and it's not impossible to find something close to your skin tone. That said, this forumla won't stick around for more than the morning and it's got *very minimal* coverage. Concealer should go on a little more opaque than this. I agree with PP- the packaging blows. It's impossible to get to all the product with the silly little brush and it readily leaks. I won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh, this was just ok. It didn't really conceal my acne scars or undereye circles too well. However, I do like the consistency since it goes on nice and smooth and its not thick and heavy. I just wish it provided better coverage. I have the older bottle so I don't know if the newer one is the same formula or if it's just a different package, so that one might be better if its new and improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by alaena88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer, it really is light. I find heavy, thick concealers (even MAC) to just look like shit and not blend well into the skin. The color is so versatile that it blends into my skin even when im a little more tan. I would at least buy and try this drugstore concealer and see if it works as well for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

Does not work for undereye circles and accentuate it more. Coverage for acne spots are not that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sophs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is great! I use N6-7-8 and it blends perfectly on my tanned Asian skin. The packaging could be improved since the brush doesn't even reach some of the product in the tube.