April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Carchidi23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good for about an hour then cakey mess sets in. There are better matte powders out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by andreatexi

This is a good product and I can honestly say it really does give you a matte finish! It's a great product for those who love a matte look on their skin or want it to set their foundation or concealer. I personally won't repurchase cause I like a dewy glowing look my skin :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by summeraura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product so much!i see good reviews everywhere and many youtubers and beauty gurus talk about it!its very cheap too but it breaks me out so badly!i have acne-prone skin but i've hadnt had any breakouts for a long time.as soon as i started using this powder 4-5 huge pimples came out on my cheeks.i stopped using it for about a week,my breakouts calmed down and went away and then i started using it again.the same happened.i wanted to give it a last chance so i started using it again.nothing changed.i've given it to my mother instead and seems to work great for her but i cant use it myself.it gives me the worst breakouts.:(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product last year during the summer. The goal was to find a powder to set my foundation and concealer and keep me matte, obviously. I purchased this in a colored shade, I don't remember which, just that the color matched well.
In any case, I honestly don't think this powder did anything for me. I don't have oily skin, but I do get a sheen after maybe 3 hours. Whenever I powder my face with a good powder, the "sheen" will appear after maybe 5 hours instead.
I didn't notice any change (longer time wear or less oil production) which this product.

It's cheap, yeah, but I would recommend the ELF Complexion perfection powder (I think it's been renamed though) over this product. The ELF packaging is better and you get a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

Lasts a decent amount of time on the skin, honestly. Fresh, clean color. Very inexpensive for the amount that you get - about $4. There's a scent but it doesn't bother me at all. I will definitely repurchase. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Very cheap plastic; I can already tell I'm going to have issues with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by calooza

There's no much things to say about this product. It's good and it says it all. :)

It's a very good pressed powder. I use it in transparent to set my makeup. It replaced my essence translucend powder, because it matifies just as good, but it doesn't leave a cakey appearence at all, and that what i like the most about it. For such cheap price, i don't think i can find a better option.

The packaging is very meeehhh, i dropped it once and it broke the powder into fine pieces. I then fixed it with alcohol.. I don't usually carry powders with me so it makes no big difference.

UPDATE:

So, the warmer months just arrived, and being an oily skinned person, i find that i like translucend powders better. The just help to control the oils better, i have no doubt now. So, after finishing this rimmel powder, i'm going back to my essence's translucend powder.. So, it's just an average powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by xNikkix

When I first got this powder, I loved it. Only got it for for the cheap price. Butttt now that I'm getting more into makeup & learning a lot more, I've noticed that it makes my face look extremely cakey. Especially on hot days. Which isn't good, considering I live in Florida. I hit Pam on at least 3 of these & they'll be the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by dancedance_003

I didn't have high expectations for this, but it was on sale at CVS and I was running out of my regular powder anyway, so I decided to try something new. I bought this in 020 Nude Beige as opposed to 004 Sandstorm because Nude Beige looked more yellow, which I thought, would suit my skintone better (for reference, I am Asian NC20 with extremely yellow undertones). Previously, I was using Maybelline Dream Matte and I think Dream Matte is more finely milled than Stay Matte, but the difference doesn't bother me.

This powder was a pleasant surprise. I'm amazed at how well this covers up redness. I have redness around my nose and uneven skintone overall. I was using a tinted moisturizer that I haven't touched in a while, and now I know why; it really doesn't cover anything, but since I wasn't going anywhere important, I brushed on some of this powder all over my face and checked my makeup under natural lighting. I was FLOORED. It was unbelievable. This powder managed to smooth out any imperfections, cover up my redness (not all of it though), and make me look decent enough to walk out in public as is. It looks even better over actual foundation, but knowing that it can cover redness, I noticed that I don't need as much foundation as I normally do. It's wonderful and I'm so glad I purchased it on an impulse.

The color works so well since it doesn't make me look unnaturally paler or neutral/pink (I had this problem with Dream Matte). It's so cheap; I only ended up paying $3 for it. And, it keeps my nose shine free, sets my makeup, and doesn't make me look cakey or powdery. My face is normal/combo and it lasts okay for me (about 5 hours), but I still don't need to touch up; my nose just looks a little dewy. The packaging is crap and I'm actually considering tying a rubber band around it, but the product itself is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by slothgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder. For the price, this is really a great find. While I have gone through 3 pans of this since last summer, I can't say if that's the amount of powder or the amount I love it that is to blame. Blendable, not cakey, long lasting. While it doesn't stay matte all day for me, I don't mind because it keeps my foundation on regardless. My only gripe is that it breaks apart easily in the pan, but as long as you don't spill it, you can still use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleyl917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this powder, but I just don't. I feel like it can make my face look cakey. It does help to mattify my face, but it does not have great staying powder. For the price, it is a decent powder, but I think my expectations may have been a bit too high.