November 26, 2014 | 1035 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by otoesanchico

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to be negative, but I get better results from my cg smoothers powder. I've tried this with foundation, tinted moisturizer and alone. it looks pretty decent for about an hour, but since the packaging is what it is you can't easily take out along for touch ups (which you'll NEED!)... Good price though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by sunshinechemist

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I'm nearing the end of my first (of what I foresee to be many) stay matte pressed powders, I thought I should review. I purchased based on inexpensive price and good reviews here. I purchased in translucent, which is not really translucent. I would call it a sheer fair color. As I am light skinned, it works for me.---------------------------------------------------------- I am not oily; I use pressed powder to set liquid foundation and cream concealers to avoid settling in my fine lines around my eyes. Because I am not oily, pressed powders were always "scary" for me because of their tendency to dry me out. However, this one does not dry out my skin! I do look powdery for about 5 minutes but then it seems to settle. I sometimes spritz with canned evian when I'm in a rush. This powder really helps my foundation and concealer last and not settle into fine lines. I use a dense Sedona lace midnight lace round top brush to dot the powder on, no sweeping or buffing! That would just loosen my foundation/concealer I just settled. -------------------------------------------------------------I think I paid ~4 dollars for this at target and it's lasted me a long time, about 6 months. I don't reapply, as I don't get oily.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Linkinpark9503

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by bnavarro

This is a very good product. Let me just share something: I applyed my fndt(colorstay) then a loose powder (coty airspun) , hours later I was oily and wondered why.. I thought "what did i do differently" sure enough i did not apply this powder.. its great for the price . Everyone should try it. not to be used alone though.. it is best used for setting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is really good!!! Used over just about any foundation, this makes it last all day long! And it's dirt cheap, and it doesn't look "powdery"! Great product! Only gripe would be the package isn't very convenient, but you can't have everything, right!?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sw3etpinay

This is most definitely my HG setting powder.
It used to not be though, but what I found is that you just need to change the type of brush for it to do its magic.
I use E.L.F.'s Studio powder brush, and that is how my setting powder became HG.
Definitely stays on throughout the day for me now :].

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

I like this powder, it can make my face looks flawless and matte for the first 2-4 hours (depending on what I wear; if I wear bb cream it will get oily the next 2 hours and if I wear fdt it can last for 4 hours on top). Overall I love the quality of this powder, and also this powder was pretty cheap one; just about $6.78. One thing I hate is the packaging, why you have to use any plastic compartment?? I don't mind if they didn't give any sponge/puff inside (I'm not going to use it either way, I prefer Ecotools Powder brush to apply my powder) but I DO MIND when you didn't give any mirror compact alongside with this amazing powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by LL98

Leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. I really like it. It doesn't really last long but overall it's good!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Thatsellen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great product that lives up to its name and makes your skin look matte. You'll have to apply more after a few hours but it's totally worth it. Be careful about the packaging though since it easily breaks. I would absolutely recommend this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ChloeLB

I have used three of these and keep repurchasing for my daily make up routine. The packaging on my latest one is actually improved so the lid doesn't come off so easily. Yay! So I gave it an extra lippy. Thank you Rimmel.
I have only just managed to find the shade that works for me - 005 silky beige. When I lived in Spain the lightest shade I could find was 006, just a tad too dark. (All the olive skinned senoritas dominating the market haha) then in Ireland I got one a little too light but this one is juuuust right. I like that they cater for pink and yellow undertones in their shade range too.
It CAN look cakey but I find applying with a brush and sweeping it on over my BB cream leaves me looking natural and matte.
I don't know if any one is with me on this but some powders feel... uncomfortable? Almost suffocating or tight? This one is nice though, I doesn't ever make me feel like that.
This product really does depend on what you use under it! Basically, if you don't have a good base product it's not going to last. I tried it with Garnier's original bb cream and it left me shiny after a few hours and it oxidized (although it could have been the bb cream). Now I use the oil free BB cream and I don't have any problems. It just leaves me with a lovely smooth finish! Sooo if you have tried this product and didn't like it, try to persevere by using other products with it. If you're an oily skinned girl, like me, then definitely try with other oil/shine control products.
You can't go wrong at the price. I usually pick it up for around 5-6 euros.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No