December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsBorrero

This is a wonderful product. I decided to purchase this product per recommendations on YouTube and the rave reviews it got. Let me tell you it's worth the hype! This powder sets foundation beautifully. It does exactly what the title says, it keeps your face matte and fresh looking all day. I like that it's so light weight on the skin because of how finely milled it is. So it never makes your face look cakey. I own mine in translucent as I don't want any extra coverage, even though it does have a slight color to it but it's barely noticable once it sets in the skin. It does however come in a variety of shades if you're looking for that. I also get oily in my t-zone so that's were I focus the product. It has a nice scent to it which is nice. Also the price is amazing for the quality you get from this product. I would pay double, even triple what it cost. It varies from store to store where I live but ive never seen the price go past $5.00 at my local drugstore.
The only cons I will mention is the packaging and how delicate it can be. The top doesn't screw on all the way so it's very easy for it to come off, which can be a hassle for traveling. I wish it snapped shut or at least screwed on all the way.
Also DO NOT drop this thing! It will shatter because the packaging is just not that durable.
Otherwise I would buy this again and again. It's my go to setting powder and it hasn't let me down yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of all the reviews, I have the lightest shade. It has no color pay off as I was curious and swiped some powder on my cheek. I don't think this is a great powder to keep shine away. It is a great setting powder though. Very affordable. It doesn't oxidize which is a great benefit to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lilylovesya

this is my HOLY GRAIL powder. i have tried high end brands, like estee lauder and bobbi brown, and this powder is 100% better! i have acne and and combination/dry skin, this product keeps me shine free and DOESNT break me out. a great bargain, however the packaging is annoying cause for touch ups u need a separate mirror and sometimes the lid is hard to take off. in the long run, the packaging doesnt matter, it the product. you get 14 grams of product which will last u ages. highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Stay Matte powder gently blends on to your face. I see many have reviewed this for their oily skin. I found this to be just perfect for my dry combo skin. For the price the quality is astounding. $3.00. Don't let the price fool you this is a splendid fine milled powder that does stop some shine. I am not truly sure this is for the overly greasy. This is ideal for normal skin. I think it might cake up or even change colors or anyone with serious oil issues. If you are looking for a powder to stop your oil you may be be sorely disappointed.

I found the transparent to be the best for me but I did invest in Sandstorm and Natural. I still prefer the transparent as I think the shade selection is weak. There are not enough darker colors or even olive toned colors for thousands of users.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder does not oxidize the way many powders do. Well, let me say I am not overly oily. And I tried the transparent first and found this did not change color. Oil producing faces might react and oxidize with the other shades. But for $3.00 it is worth a shot. My skin is on the dry to normal side, with that said it did not change color on me. I used this to touch up my makeup and three hours later I looked as perfect as when I put it on. I love that in product. Trust! Is what I want in a poweder. I want my face to look great 3 hours later, no orange tinges or cake feel or patchiness. I am amazed that I could find such an inexpensive treasure at a drug store. If I was doing a blind test today on four different pressed powders. I could not tell the difference between Stillas sheer pressed $28, Tarte T-Zone $32, MAC blot pressed powder $25, or this little treasure Rimmel Stay Matte for only $5.79. I am simply astonished.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Lately my skin has been going through a bit of a transformation and is now more on the combo side then the dry side. For the first time ever I found I needed to add an oil control powder to my collection, so after reading quite a few rave reviews on this stuff I decided to give it a whirl. I bought it in the shade Transparent, I have quite light skin with slightly yellow undertones and this is perfect without adding any extra colour to my face. I pat it on lightly with a large powder brush on my t-zone and lightly on my cheeks, it doesn't look chalky or accentuate the fine dehydration lines I recently developed on my forehead and it leaves my t-zone shine free for around 5-6 hours. For very oily skin you may need more blotting but for me this is just perfect. My only complaint would be the packaging - I would have preferred a compact with small mirror so I can take it with me for any touch ups on a long day, but by Australian prices this is cheap enough that I can over look it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Yesterday, I dropped this on the floor. Powder everywhere. Tears formed. I hadn't realized how often I used this for mattifying and how much more effective it was than my higher end powders (NARS LRP, MAC studio fix powder, MSFN) and of course it blew my DS powders out of the water and into the trash. I had been using this all summer over my tinted moisturizer and I had barely formed a dip, much less hit pan. It was devastating, and I hustled over to Walmart again to pick up two more. My shade is Sandstorm, the most yellow out of the bunch. I never tried transparent since I didn't want a white cast.

For three bucks, it really does a great job of setting makeup and mattifying. The sides of my nose tends to oil up in the summer even though my skin is rather normal. I'm planning on relying on this even through winter to set my T-zone (I prefer NARS for my undereyes).

It's not cakey, very natural, and impossible to build up. Maybelline's powder did nothing to control oil and Milani's multitasker is a bit bulky. Since I'm not completely oily, I find that one dusting lasts a whole day. I also appreciate the slim packaging and no-nonsense label. it doesnt look "luxe" but it sure as hell does a great job.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by acv1106

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the great reviews, and it was time for a new pressed powder since I had run out of my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Honestly, it looks okay for about 45 minutes to an hour. After that, my face turned into a crazy oily mess. I thought maybe it was my foundation, but I realized it had never become that oily with some of my previous powders. I really wanted to like this but I couldn't stand looking like I had just run 5 miles and not wiped my face off. I will stick to the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, which gives a much nicer, matte, long lasting finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by TinaLeNguyen

Amazing product, it really does keep my face oil free and it lasts all day although it can look a LITTLE cakey at times but this is rare. I've used a lot of powders before pressed and loose but this is by far the best one I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MichaelaHorror

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute favourite face powder. I've been using it for about six months and use it everyday, in shade Transparent 001 and it matches my skin tone perfectly since I have such fair skin.
My skin is very sensitive and other powders give me an itchy rash, but this one gives me no problems.
I tend to have oily skin and this just takes that away and leaves it looking beautiful a flawless.
And for about five dollars, you can't beat the price! I would definately reccomend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by otoesanchico

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to be negative, but I get better results from my cg smoothers powder. I've tried this with foundation, tinted moisturizer and alone. it looks pretty decent for about an hour, but since the packaging is what it is you can't easily take out along for touch ups (which you'll NEED!)... Good price though.