December 21, 2014 | 1233 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by hopefulinstpaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I had been using a different one for years and I have always have had a little bit of an acne problem. My skin is so much clearer after switching foundations! I doubt that this has cured my acne, but it probably has helped improve my skin because it does not clog my pores like the other stuff I was using. It stays on for a long time, and I blot less often. The lightest color doesn't completely match my skin tone (as in it is too dark), but it is only noticed by me. It does seem to oxidize if I have it on for a really long time, but this is easily remedied by just reapplying a new face before I go out at night (which I do anyways because I usually take a shower before I go out at night after a long day at school), so I don't really see that fact as a problem. It is a little expensive, but I think you just have to come to terms with paying more money for a better product. I do not have any problems with the packaging, but I have never used a foundation with a pump, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to. I love this product, and I hope other people with acne-prone skin will at least give this foundation a chance!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the whole set for this product such as the pressed powder, the concealer. At first yeah, it worked great. My make up lasted all day and it wasn't oily at all!! But now that I notice, it doesn't diminish my acne, it just stays there, if anything it gets worse the next day :( Also this product is really watery and runny. The first time I used it, it spilled all over the place !! I do not thing I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by robotobunneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this foundation! Let me start by saying that I actually have quite dry skin. I live in a climate that is incredibly dry, and it definitely shows. However, even though this foundation is for oil skin types, it does NOT dry me out at all. In fact, it's completely non-irritating and seems to have cleared up my skin quite a bit! The colour match for me is incredible. I have fair, warm-toned skin and "naked" is the best shade for me. Best way to check though is to bring a mirror to the store and try it on your jawline :)

I find the coverage nice. I hate heavy coverage, so if that's what you're looking for this might not be for you. I'd say it's a medium-light coverage, but it's very buildable. I like to go half and half with moisturizer in the summer. It blends very well, I've found. I usually just apply with my fingers.

The only downside is the bottle is pretty bad. It's hard to get the right amount of product out. A pump would have been nice, but a lot of drugstore foundations lack them. C'est la vie! I think the product makes up for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by canadienne91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product works great for me. I was skeptical at first because it has salicylic acid in it which usually burns my sensitive skin. However, the amount of salicylic acid in this is very small and I haven't experienced any redness or burning. This controls my oily skin very well and dilutes the size and redness of any blemishes I have throughout the day. I would prefer it to be a heavier coverage foundation but overall it works really well for me. The only real complaint I have is that the packaging dispenses way too much product which ends up being wasted. I would definitely re-purchase this and I think I may have found my HG foundation.

Update:

It's only been a few days since my original post and I've noticed some big changes in my skin's health, but not in a good way. I've started noticing that I have been breaking out a lot in the past few days. The only thing that I've changed in my skincare routine is using this foundation.I really wanted this foundation to work. Maybe my skin's just going through a weird period or maybe I got an expired bottle but unfortunately I'll have to stop using this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

1. glass bottle/no pump = FAIL.
2. formulation = WIN
3. coverage = WIN
4. lasts all day = WIN
5. color match = WIN
i love this foundation. i just went to MAC & got color matched in their Select foundation & i'm a NW20, so i bought the Almay CC Blemish Healing makeup in Buff. it's about a shade lighter than i need, but it blends so well it doesn't even matter. this stuff is fantastic.it covers my redness and evens out my complexion effortlessly. i use the blemish healing powder in light and the two together last all day into the night with no touch ups. which is miraculous because i have oily skin. the formulation is light and doesn't feel or look cakey all day long. (use the powder sparingly, tho, just where you need it because it can tend to look "old lady" but you will. not. shine.) it covers my pores so well. i do use the benefit primer underneath and it just makes my skin look flawless. i also use Dior Sculpt concealer under my eyes (in 02) and ...perfection! yes, i would suggest it to any oily-skinned person and i would definitely purchase it again. but please, Almay, at least sell a pump separately!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The glass bottle without a pump bothers me, but everything else is alright. The shade "warm" fits my NC30 skin tone very well, and I'm surprised that it gives me full coverage. I don't even need concealer at all after I put it on. It doesn't feel cakey or thick on my face, lasts all day, but doesn't help keep my oil from showing up. I can't say it does anything to heal my acne, but at least the coverage is good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Lauriesworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, i DO NOT see what all the hype is about. first of all this foundation stinged so much on my face it was unbearable! it wasn't the right color, it looked cakey, you could completely tell i had foundation on. its something i would never buy again.

EDIT!!! wow, i tired this again, and it was amazing! before it stung bc i used acne medication before hand, and it irratated my skin. and i applied far too much, i applied it correctly and HG! it was amazing, light coverage all my flaws, made my skin smooth and looked natural! I will buy again! if you have any problems with this foundation just apply with a damp sponge and stipple on watch for it to dry and dust pressed or loose powder over and it will last all day, and look beatiful (;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this foundation for several years now and it is an excellent, medium coverage foundation that doesn't cause break-outs. I use pressed powder along with this foundation because it isn't entirely matte. Most of my friends can't even tell I'm wearing foundation with this on, so that is always the ultimate compliment! The colour selection is also great and the product lasts a couple months. For nighttime, I switch to Revlon Colourstay, but Almay is the perfect option for a natural, day-time look!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

HG!!!! :D I have this foundation in the second darkest color, which is soft honey (can't seem to find the darkest color, tan, anywhere) and it matches my skin super well. Coverage is amazing, staying power is average, has a satin finish and it looks like you're not even wearing anything!! I have dry skin and it doesn't make my skin dryer or break me out. This is a bit expensive for a DS foundie, but if you go somewhere like Target or Walmart you should be able to get it for about $10. Would I buy it again? YES YES YES!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Alicen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product on a whim, as I was simply browsing priceline for stuff to buy that I do not need and it was on sale. I went home and read a few reviews and decided to try it out. Nothing to lose, more to gain.
I definitely have gained with this foundation. I've only worn it twice but I love the coverage for a medium covering foundation and it really does cover those pesky pimples, maybe even better than a concealer would! Covers up pores really well too.
It may seem a bit thick at first, but becomes smooth and light when it is applied correctly. I think this is the kind of foundation that you may need to leave for 5 minutes and check the results. As with most foundations, if you find it is falling off, you may need a finishing powder.

4 lippies because I have only used this twice, but I do recommend it to people who have combination skin (I have an oily t-zone and large pores on my cheeks and dry jaw line) as it is such a fabulous foundation for covering your pimples, without using concealer..