October 30, 2014 | 1139 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by melodycadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The glass bottle without a pump bothers me, but everything else is alright. The shade "warm" fits my NC30 skin tone very well, and I'm surprised that it gives me full coverage. I don't even need concealer at all after I put it on. It doesn't feel cakey or thick on my face, lasts all day, but doesn't help keep my oil from showing up. I can't say it does anything to heal my acne, but at least the coverage is good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Lauriesworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, i DO NOT see what all the hype is about. first of all this foundation stinged so much on my face it was unbearable! it wasn't the right color, it looked cakey, you could completely tell i had foundation on. its something i would never buy again.

EDIT!!! wow, i tired this again, and it was amazing! before it stung bc i used acne medication before hand, and it irratated my skin. and i applied far too much, i applied it correctly and HG! it was amazing, light coverage all my flaws, made my skin smooth and looked natural! I will buy again! if you have any problems with this foundation just apply with a damp sponge and stipple on watch for it to dry and dust pressed or loose powder over and it will last all day, and look beatiful (;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing this foundation for several years now and it is an excellent, medium coverage foundation that doesn't cause break-outs. I use pressed powder along with this foundation because it isn't entirely matte. Most of my friends can't even tell I'm wearing foundation with this on, so that is always the ultimate compliment! The colour selection is also great and the product lasts a couple months. For nighttime, I switch to Revlon Colourstay, but Almay is the perfect option for a natural, day-time look!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

HG!!!! :D I have this foundation in the second darkest color, which is soft honey (can't seem to find the darkest color, tan, anywhere) and it matches my skin super well. Coverage is amazing, staying power is average, has a satin finish and it looks like you're not even wearing anything!! I have dry skin and it doesn't make my skin dryer or break me out. This is a bit expensive for a DS foundie, but if you go somewhere like Target or Walmart you should be able to get it for about $10. Would I buy it again? YES YES YES!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Alicen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product on a whim, as I was simply browsing priceline for stuff to buy that I do not need and it was on sale. I went home and read a few reviews and decided to try it out. Nothing to lose, more to gain.
I definitely have gained with this foundation. I've only worn it twice but I love the coverage for a medium covering foundation and it really does cover those pesky pimples, maybe even better than a concealer would! Covers up pores really well too.
It may seem a bit thick at first, but becomes smooth and light when it is applied correctly. I think this is the kind of foundation that you may need to leave for 5 minutes and check the results. As with most foundations, if you find it is falling off, you may need a finishing powder.

4 lippies because I have only used this twice, but I do recommend it to people who have combination skin (I have an oily t-zone and large pores on my cheeks and dry jaw line) as it is such a fabulous foundation for covering your pimples, without using concealer..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by fatimh

I just bought this product for oily skin today so this is more of a first impressions review. So Far : Pros - it is for oily skin which most drugstore foundation brands don't even carry other than revlon, it's usually just one type. it is a thin liquid, it feels light weight on your skin, it is not greasy, it doesn't look cakey, it barely even looks like you are wearing make up. The biggest pro would be the fact that it has salicylic acid 0.6% and it supposed to heal your blemishes, i just started using this so i can't say if it works or not but i'll update this review if it does after using it for about two weeks or so. I am east indian, my color honey miel and it blends perfectly. Cons : The packaging. that is the only con. there is no pump! so it can get quite messy. just be careful and you'll do fine :) I apply mine with a sponge. As of now I would repurchase this item. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, a bit pricy but if it works then it's worth it!

EDIT : this product is AMAZING, im breaking out alot right now and this foundation makes my skin look silky smooth and has fabulous coverage that covers up all the redness i have and scars, you can barely see my breakouts! soo glad i got this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by cabeauty86

LOVE. I have been buying this product for a very long time now. I have sensitive, acne prone, oily & slightly red toned skin (beautiful combo, i know) and the 220 that I get works perfect. It covers the red, keeps the oil at bay and I have definitely been breaking out much much less. Besides also thinking that this could use a pump, the only other con would be that they need to start making this in a Liter bottle. I would buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for oily skin. It has a nice finish and covers my blemishes well. I haven't used it long enough to see if it helps my acne, but it doesn't seem to be making my sensitive skin worse. I have only one (kinda major) problem with it: it makes me look like an oompa loompa. Yes indeed. I am white and Almay is orange. I KNEW it would be the wrong shade, yet I ignored my instincts and bought it anyway. I really like the foundation itself, but the color fails to match my skin, and so I must sadly return it and continue my search for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a little gem in the drugstore. It shares my makeup shelf with foundations from NARS, MUFE and MAC, and for a reason. Coverage is medium, it goes on really smooth (liquid consistency), it first gives a dewy look, but it does dry down a bit, especially when set with powder. End result is really smooth and non-streaky coverage. Colours have excellent undertones – not like most drugstore foundations with orange/peach undertones (ehm...MAYBELLINE!!!!) – there are lots of neutral/yellow for light skin (I have it in ‘Neutral’). Lasting power pretty decent too – I go through my whole day (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) without touch ups and my face is still pretty decent looking by the end of the day. Also I love the ingredients – salicylic acid and botanicals – I think it really helps clear my pores especially considering all the stuff on my face (powders, blushes, bronzers, concealers, highlighters...) I don’t have particularly oily or broken-out skin, but I still think this is great. I’ve heard people with dry skin also like to use this foundation, so don’t be scared about the active ingredients or that is says its for oily skin.

Only negative things – packaging sucks! It’s a pretty glass bottle, skinny and tall – but there is no pump and the liquid consistency of this makes it run everywhere! Do not wear clothing when you’re working with this foundation – it will get all over you, it will drip down your hands it you put it there to apply. PLEASE GIVES US A PUMP! Or I’m dumping this into another container.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

I was so surprised with the quality of this foundation. Unlike everyones holy grail revlon colorstay, this didn't oxidize or make my face greasy. The color match was perfect, really better than any high end foundation ive ever tried. I applied this first with one of those fat bronzer brushes (i love using those for foundation), and after it set I was blown away. It really did give a smooth finish with the amount of coverage (medium-full), and didn't just make my skin look a decent color while highlighting all my imperfections (i'm looking at you, stila oil-free). I cannot believe how lucky I got with this ds foundation.
I can't speak for it's blemish clearing properties as I don't have really problematic skin, but this doesn't break me out at all, and some foundations do.
It does get a bit shiny after a few hours, but not noticeably. It doesn't look quite as perfect as when you first applied it at the end of the day, but then again, does any foundation?