December 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kmajewski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! One thing most people dont know, this is a make-up remover, not a cleanser. You first use it to remove your make up and follow up with a cleanser. This is a great product for my normal sensitive skin. I use it to remove my make up, and then cleanse with what ever cleanser i am using that month. I only use this product at night to remove make up.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by 1prettygirl

I used it before and remembered liking it. After buying one of my own it was kinda nice at the begining. However after having gone through like 2/3 of the tube, my face felt DRY!! Now I'll use the remaining product every other day till it's finished. Wouldn't purchase it again, for what I'm getting, I'd much rather spend $2 on a bar of soap. They would do the same thing, oh ya, they smell the same too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by clairesewell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser at the airport in America, so it wasn't as expensive as it could have been. The price in the UK is what put me off before but I am glad that I've tried it now. I use it at the end of the day and it leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean. The best part is that you only need a pea sized blob which means that the bottle will last for ages - much better value for money than some cheaper brands. I have quite reactive, oily skin and I've had no problems with this cleanser. It could be a problem for drier skins as it is a little drying, but this works well on my oily skin. The only thing that I dislike is the smell - it smells like the cheap soap you find in public toilets. However, this goes away straight after use. I will definately buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by bethch

Well, after reading some reviews on this cleanser, I decided not to try it on my face just yet. I used it as a handwash just to test it out. Well I'm glad I didn't put this stuff near my face!!!!
It tightened, dried out and irritated my hands. So on my thinner face skin, I dread to think what it would do!!! Now it isnt expensive but if I wanted this effect, I would just buy a bottle of bleach! Bleach is cheaper than this so hence the "expensive" price!
I wont use or buy this again. Oh and it smells like a block of old soap!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after an SA convinced me that I would hate the gel version for oily skin (which I have), as my skin is also really sensitive and reactive. Removes makeup well, but caused little pimples (I am breakout-prone if I use congesting products, but otherwise don't break out often) and left my skin feeling like it had a residue on it. Switched to the gel with more luck. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by moodygall

It removes make-up well, it's foamy & a little goes a long way so that's good. But! my skin felt dry, my skin felt like rubber after washing. I haven't been that impressed by Clinique so far & this cleanser was terrible for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this cleanser. I like the foamy lather and it makes my skin feel clean. I haven't noticed that it dries me out much, but I follow it with Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LInnetfromIA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP and was initially impressed -- it did a decent job getting makeup off and was drying but not too much so.

Then I got some in my eye.

Stinging, burning, tearing up (for hours), swelling around the eye (up to 14 hours later) -- when reviewers tell you "it stings," they're being kind. Whatever Clinique put in here, and I don't know if it's the fragrance or the surfactant or what, they should take it out and review their other products. This really tarnished Clinique's image for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Deanster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product. It removes makeup really really well. The makeup just dissolves right into the foam and leaves no traces on your skin. Your face will feel clean after!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

it's basically the best facial cleanser i've ever used. it works perfectly, and leaves my skin feeling great. it's worth every penny. i'll buy this again and again. it's a must-have. it's so basic and non-irritating but still makes your face nice and clean.