September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:35:00 AM More reviews by bethch

Well, after reading some reviews on this cleanser, I decided not to try it on my face just yet. I used it as a handwash just to test it out. Well I'm glad I didn't put this stuff near my face!!!!
It tightened, dried out and irritated my hands. So on my thinner face skin, I dread to think what it would do!!! Now it isnt expensive but if I wanted this effect, I would just buy a bottle of bleach! Bleach is cheaper than this so hence the "expensive" price!
I wont use or buy this again. Oh and it smells like a block of old soap!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after an SA convinced me that I would hate the gel version for oily skin (which I have), as my skin is also really sensitive and reactive. Removes makeup well, but caused little pimples (I am breakout-prone if I use congesting products, but otherwise don't break out often) and left my skin feeling like it had a residue on it. Switched to the gel with more luck. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by moodygall

It removes make-up well, it's foamy & a little goes a long way so that's good. But! my skin felt dry, my skin felt like rubber after washing. I haven't been that impressed by Clinique so far & this cleanser was terrible for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this cleanser. I like the foamy lather and it makes my skin feel clean. I haven't noticed that it dries me out much, but I follow it with Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LInnetfromIA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP and was initially impressed -- it did a decent job getting makeup off and was drying but not too much so.

Then I got some in my eye.

Stinging, burning, tearing up (for hours), swelling around the eye (up to 14 hours later) -- when reviewers tell you "it stings," they're being kind. Whatever Clinique put in here, and I don't know if it's the fragrance or the surfactant or what, they should take it out and review their other products. This really tarnished Clinique's image for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Deanster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this product. It removes makeup really really well. The makeup just dissolves right into the foam and leaves no traces on your skin. Your face will feel clean after!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

it's basically the best facial cleanser i've ever used. it works perfectly, and leaves my skin feeling great. it's worth every penny. i'll buy this again and again. it's a must-have. it's so basic and non-irritating but still makes your face nice and clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateSprings

I received this as a GWP and am glad I didn't spend money on it. The smell of it is not overpowering, nothing fruity or floral-like. A little of it goes a long way; just a small amount creates a lot of lather, but it seemed to dry my combination skin more than other cleansers I have previously tried. Like another reviewer previously stated, it takes a lot of rinsing to remove all of the soap. Another disadvantage was that it burned my eyes! I would prefer to not have to endure this in order to remove my makeup. There are many other makeup removing cleansers out there that don't do this, so I'll pass on buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by roses888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this GWP and I really like it. You use a very small amount (like pea size) and it makes tons of foamy lather. I apply it with a face brush. The small tube I have has lasted a really long time because you can use so little of it when you wash your face. My only gripe is its a little hard to rinse off because of all the foamy soap. You will probally need a toner after to make sure you get all the residue off. It removes make up really well. I would recommend giving it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are always too harsh or drying for me. I received this cleanser in a GWP and because of the convenience of the small tube I took it with me on a trip. Worst idea ever! Not only it is harsh for skin, sting my eyes, I suspect that it gave me some of those hidden pimples as well!