Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

I got this product as a present and to my surprise, I actually really like this product. As a cleanser, it really cleans my skin well and it leaves a tingling sensation behind which I really like. As a mask, i feel it really does treat my oily skin and draws out impurities. I just really like the tingling sensation it leaves behind. After using this, I noticed that it really helps with acne and best of all, it controls the oiliness of my face. After masking with this, the next few days my face feels super clean and oil-free. I usually need to use blotting papers during the day but after using this, my blotting paper has been sitting at the bottom of my drawer.

The price of this thing is truly dirt cheap for such an amazing product. The packaging is practical. I mean, it's not anything fancy or cute but it's practical.

Overall an amazing product and definitely worth trying. If you have oily skin or acne-pron skin you really should check this one out. I helped my oily skin and treated my breakouts. Will repurchase and really love this stuff. This is also perfect for traveling since all you need is one bottle for both cleansing and masking!

on 7/12/2009 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I freaking love this cleanser. Neutrogena cleansers have never worked for me before, but this one is a gem. One of the main ingredients is bentonite clay which is really good for drawing out impurities (just google "bentonite clay acne"). I use this twice a day. Rinse face with warm water. Dry hands. Apply even layer all over face. Brush my teeth. Wash cleanser off. The time it takes to brush my teeth is just enough time for the cleanser to get in there and do its thang. I've never left it on much longer than that..the instructions say to leave on "up to 5 minutes" so I assume a couple minutes is sufficient. Leaves behind a cool minty skin feeling without drying out my reactive, acne-prone skin. Love love love this.

on 7/11/2009 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My face became really acne prone after a week of taking Provera. I had 7 pimples on my face within 3 days and I've never had more than 2 at once (and that only happened a week before my period). My grandmother got me ProActiv and that made me breakout worse. After seeing a video in YouTube about this product I decided to give it a try with Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel. I used the cleanser two times a day and twice a week I used it as a mask. Within a week my face was visibly smoother, the breakouts I had were almost gone and the new ones that appeared while using this were smaller and healed faster. The mask is amazing. I use it when my face gets really oily. It is a bit drying but if you're using a good moisturizer after this its quite manageable. I'm already on my second bottle. Now that my face has cleared up I'm using a scrub in the morning to get rid of the scars and this cleanser in the morning. I clearly recommend this to people with acne prone skin.

on 7/11/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love this for the morning, This is not for sensitive skin... i have older skin(52yrs old) and it works very will for me. my 30 yr old daughter and 31 yr old son tried.. they have sensitive skin, and they broke out, and had spots. Me, i will continue to use and love! i have skin i can only describe as hide of the dreaded nauga!! (naugahide? get it?? hehehehe)

on 6/22/2009 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this after reading the good reviews on MUA, and I definitely don't regret it! I use it as a mask about twice a week, (sometimes more, if my skin feels super gross and oily) and I've noticed fewer clogged pores. I didn't have the dramatic blackhead removal as some did, but I'm hoping that with more regular use, the blackheads will go away as well. Will repurchase as long as it's around!

on 6/19/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I have pretty mild acne but I still suffer from small papsules which are so annoying. This keeps it under control. I only use it as a mask which I leave on for overnight.

I stopped using this for about a week and I noticed my skin wasn't as smooth and clear...so happy I'm using it again!

on 6/14/2009 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this product more as a mask than as a cleanser. Also, I only apply it to my T-zone because that's the most oily part of my face. This product cleans up very well; my blackheads are lighter (but not entirely gone) and I love the tingly feeling this gives me while I leave it on. I only use this product at night before I sleep because it leaves my face very red, but only for a few hours. It's very strong and I think it strips away too much oil, so I need to moisturize right after I use this. I will repurchase.

on 6/5/2009 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not exactly sure why all skin care companies are making all their cleansers with salicylic acid now a days, but SA does not work on my acne as well as benzoyl peroxide. This was the only BP cleanser I saw at Target so I grabbed it. I wanted a BP cleanser because my whole face is covered with pimples yet again and I figured using a BP cleanser would be more convenient than using spot treatments. Also I think a BP cleanser is a bit less harsh since the full amount of BP on my skin would only be for a few seconds rather than hours. This cleanser/mask has 3.5% BP. I've been using this for about 2 weeks or so and my pizza face is starting to heal once again. I can finally eat without pain. I only use this at night so the effect of the BP can help my acne heal better while i sleep (our body does the best healing when we sleep). I use this as a mask once or twice a week. I also love that I can use this as a mask too. Great that it has koalin clay and bentonite, which helps absorb and bring out impurities in the skin. Only bad thing that I hate about using BP products is that it bleaches fabrics. Overall, I love this product and I'm happy to see that many other people feel the same way. So far it's working great on me. Now.... if only I can stop picking and touching my face because I think that's the root cause of my huge breakouts. sigh....

on 6/5/2009 1:29:00 AM

Awww, based on the great reviews I had such high hopes for this, but alas, it didn't work for me AT ALL.
right after using it my pores looked a little cleaner, but that didn't last but for an hour. Every time I used this, an hour later, my face was SO greasy, it was shining, and my face NEVER gets greasy like that. it triggered over production of oil, I guess b/c the benzyl peroxide over dries my skin? so, due to the incredible greasiness my blackheads got WORSE!

and the worst part: it broke blood vessels on my face! I had these strange red marks for several days. this stuff went in the trash.

I've tried at least 6 neutrogena cleansers/products and none work at all, so I'm steering clear from now on of this brand.. :-(

on 5/17/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I currently use this as a cleanser even though I do not have any skin issues (other than large pores which get clogged easily). It works pretty well, cleanses skin nicely and doesn't leave that obnoxious film like some cleansers do. I like that you can use it either as a cleanser or a mask. It works nicely for my skin and I'm sure that it would work even better for someone with skin issues.

There is one problem with it though - it is definitely not for sensitive skin. It's a rather harsh product and should not be used as a mask by someone with sensitive skin... Also, it's a bad idea to leave it on the face for more than a few minutes. I have relatively sensitive skin and when I use it as a cleanser it works just fine, but if I use it as a mask and leave it on for more than a few minutesmy skin turns red (obvious sign of irritation). I remember putting it on once and leaving it on for maybe 6 or 7 minutes. After I washed my face it looked like I was wearing a red mask. Thankfully the redness went away within the hour, but it still wasn't very pleasant to look at.

Overall it is a good product. I would not repurchase it again simply because I don't have acne issues so using a product for acne is pretty pointless. I need something that cleanses as well as this product but is a bit milder.