Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 1/14/2006 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this before and really hated it as it clumped badly and gave me spider leg lashes. Today, I was rushing to go for lunch and without thinking automatically aplied it to my lashes.Omigosh! Too late to stop half way and in my haste had also forgotten to use my Shu eyelash curler...To my amazement- the mascara curled my short Asian lashes and REALLY thickened them...they looked almost fake! And when I very carefully used my curlers over the mascara-ed lashes..wow!...extreme drama. My lashes looked really long ..curled up into a capital "C" and was nothing like their normal wimpy selves! Good for nights out, I think.Though I may end up actually look like a transvestite but who cares. I still had to wipe off the excess on tissue and comb through a few times as it still clumped something awful. Gosh, even though I doubt I'd repurchase as its too much work- I think much , much better of Magnascopic mascara now. Since I don't know how to stick on false lashes- these will do for a dramatic lash:) Upgrade from 1 star to 4. continued >>

on 1/12/2006 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Glad I got this as a sample and didn't buy it. This made my eyelashes look gross. It was pretty hard to get on since it wasn't a smooth application and when I did it looked like I had long, clumpy spider legs for lashes. I'm going to stick with my Sky High Curves and Loreal Voluminous. They are so much better.

I am a drugstore mascara kind of girl. While I tend to purchase high end for what actually goes on my face, I rarely buy expensive mascara because I end up thinking it was a waste of money. However, as this was part of a GWP from my EL makeup buy I thought I'd give it a try. It goes on very, very wet, and stays that way for a bit--an annoyance, especially if you're in a rush. It also clumps a bit. BUT, it really does enhance my lashes in a way that makes it good--not perfect--for a night out. Have an eyelash comb handy when you apply it. I wore it on NYE and the bf and I ended up sleeping on a very luxurious white, pristine guest bed belonging to friends of ours. One of the first thoughts that ran through my head the next morning was,"Oh no. The mascara." Luckily this didn't even smear a little or I just know my friends would have had mascara streaks on their pretty pillows. I wouldn't recommend this for daytime wear (unless you work somewhere kind of dark) but it definitely lasts and it volumizes. As for curl, it runs about average. Still sticking to my drugstore mascaras, though.

on 1/8/2006 10:38:00 PM

AWEFUL stuff. Smears like oh my God, doesn't separate and clumps something awful. I get much better results with my newfound love, Max Factor Lash Perfection and Maybelline's Full n' Soft. I have always found drugstore mascaras to be superior to higher end ones and I will stick with my old standbys. I don't recommend this.

on 1/3/2006 11:14:00 AM

This mascara is unbelievable! It makes my lashes sinfully lush and thick - plus it's a great lengthener as well! I am obsessed with curling my lashes and usually by mid-day my curl is gone - but this wonderful mascara actually holds the curl. I have a problem with mascara flaking off and leaving those oh-so-beautiful black flecks under my eyes and on my cheeks. Well, today is the rainiest, windiest day here in NYC and I thought my commute across town would ruin my eye makeup - but this mascara held up and still looks fabulous! I believe that the previous reviewers who say its clumpy are just putting it on haphazardly. Even my husband commented on my lashes - I only wish I had found this mascara for my wedding day last summer!!! I will definitely be purchasing this one for the rest of my life!

on 12/29/2005 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this w/ a gwp they had a couple of months ago and I love this masacara becuase it really does give a lot of volume to the lashes, the only this I dont like about it is the alcohol smell...lol!!I dont think thats a good sign huh? but oh well i like it and it hasent irritated my eyes..not even w/ the smell!!

on 12/26/2005 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

despite the fact that i've stopped using mascara, just because it's such a drag to take off.. estee lauder's magnascopic mascara is the only mascara i would ever use. i first used it as a sample and was so pleased with its results. i would get comments from my friends such as "i love your mascara, what kind do you use?" and "your lashes look so long!" compared to all other mascaras, this one does the job of the two essential components of quality mascara: volumizes lashes and does the job without clumping lashes! the brush is also great for applying and is very precise. the only minor concern is its cost which is about $18 where i live. otherwise, highly recommended.

on 12/24/2005 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

GWP- if applied carefully this mascara can work nicely, but i generally prefer a fluffier, curved brush. the product itself was fine, but what impressed me the most was its staying power, during the day it never moved but came off easily with my usual face washing routine. doesn't seem to make sense, but it is my favorite choice for days when i know it may rain or snow. overall, not bad, not great.

straight to the garbage for this GWP! I'd give it a 1, but I think it might be okay if I wanted to waste my time trying to comb my lashes after application -- but really, I just wanted to throw this mini sized GWP into my travel kit... which to me means no hassle makeup. And, it's a huge hassle. Clumps like crazy and doesn't even make my lashes look thick -- just clumpy. I won't ever buy it... It's too bad I hated it so much, it was the perfect travel size... and the wand looked like it had potential - being so large and all. Ah well - at least it was free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received this as a GWP a looong time ago. I never even tried it until yesteday when I came across it again. This is one of the worst macaras I have ever tried. It clumps horribly and gives you those spidery looking lashes. It did make my lashes look a little longer but not thicker. You definitely need a comb with this one, but even then it's probably still going to look bad. The brush is awful too. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Voluminous for now...it isn't a holy grail, but it's the best I've found so far.