April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lelestar

I love this cleanser! I admit that it seems a little grimey- but it actually does clean! I suppose it's more like a cold cream-it cleans, but you feel the cleanest after you've wiped it off with a towel. I have combination skin that is sometimes oily but I get those dry patches that I'm tempted to pick off- this stuff acts like a light moisturizer afterwards and your face feels really smooth. My dry patches went away and my face actually started to clear up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this product! I have very OILY skin and this stuff works!! But the packaging directions are not very precise. Here is how I use it: Put a dime size amount of the cleanser in the palm of your hand. Add a few drops of warm water to the cleanser. mix well. put on your face in a massaging motion. wet a washcloth under HOT water (but not scalding hot!!) place on face, and remove cleanser. your face will feel silky, not greasy. Let dry completly. Oily skin does not need a seperate moisturizer! I use this morning & night. The smell is heavenly, like an orange grove! this cleanser looks different, the packaging is plain, (but it 's workable) it looks pretty thick (that's why you thin it out with warm water) and the oils in this product are "good" oils. Completely natural. Makes my face feel balanced out, no acne, no blackheads. And the price is very reasonable $8.00 at Shaws supermarket.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by o00meow00o

I like this cleanser. It took me a few times of using it to figure out whether or not I liked it. It's kind of thick and leaves a bit of residue (I guess) on your face, but I follow with the Burt's Bees lettuce toner and it leaves my skin feeling amazing. Would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2004 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Scentience

Love the smell, but this makes me feel as though I've smeared axle grease on my face. I had to use two other cleansers and a toner to eliminate the gunk and restore my face to some semblance of cleanliness. Not sure I can bring myself to try again--it really felt awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by GillianLee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got this as a sampler and I have tosay I'm impressed! The cleanser reminds me a little of Eve Lom's in texture though tons cheaper and without all the mineral oil and other synthetic nasties. I think the previous reviewer is right that the way to use it is to apply it to dry skin first. I removed it with a cheese cloth wash cloth (I got some with EL cleanser but then realised I could make them for pennies using doubled cheese cloth) dipped in warm water. My skin is normal/dry and very sensitive. I have used it twice now and no adverse reaction and my skin is lovely and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 10:53:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this, I did not like. It made my face feel gummy and not at all clean. Since then, I've learned how to use it more correctly--at least, for me. I start with a barely wet face and massage this in. I then wash off with a warm-water soaked washcloth, and then follow with a toner (BB lettuce toner works well). This removes the gummy feeling and leaves my skin sparkling clean the next morning. I also love the scent of this product, very calming.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ckgurl714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I should give this another try. I just didn't really like it. I did like the smell, and my face did look good after it but I felt like it was stuck on my face. I was practically scratching my face to get everything off. But at the same time, your skin DOES look nicer so..I don't know:-/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a BB sample pack and I'm still not too sure how I like it. At first, it did feel strange washing my face with this thick oily substance that reminded me of something you might use in an auto repair shop. It didn't feel like my face got clean, but after reading some reviews, I might just give it another chance. Especially the information about helping to clear blackheads - I have tons it seems and its a never ending battle. I'll use it some more and provide an update when my little tube is gone.
UPDATE - my sample tube is almost gone and I have to say I LOVE THIS STUFF. I changed the way I use it (based on other reviews) and it seems to work better. Do not wet your face first, rub it in good and then use a wet wash cloth to remove. My black heads are pretty much gone now thanks to this stuff - LOVE IT! The only down side is that I can't use it much during the winter months because it does dry out my skin just a touch.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by doll_face_2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke me out something terrible. I don't like the way it smells or the packaging. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2004 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Babara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using oil to clean face may sound strange, actually it works quite well. The product looks, feels and smells like orange jam. I used to use it to take off my makeup, but I stopped since it irritates my eyes.